PDA

View Full Version : Jay Marrioti wants the Pats - Chiefs trade investigated!

stricken721
03-01-2009, 11:34 PM
What a d***.

Here is the source Kansas City's Sweetheart Deal for Cassel Warrants NFL Probe (http://jay-mariotti.fanhouse.com/2009/02/28/chiefs-sweetheart-deal-for-cassel-warrants-nfl-probe)

oh and this is my first post.. Couldn't pass up posting this. I didn't see another thread about this..

Canada
03-01-2009, 11:40 PM
Good first post and he is a dikc

jmlamerson
03-01-2009, 11:47 PM
If Belichek and Pioli had stood on camera February 27 and publically announced that they're trading Cassel for a 2016 7th rounder to screw the rest of league, it wouldn't be against the rules.

Jay Mariotti's an imbecile who's trying to provoke a reaction to prop up his sagging column. He should have been sued by the Chicago Sun-Times for breaching his contract with them to suckle at ESPN's teat. He wasn't worth the time it takes to post this.

Coach
03-01-2009, 11:51 PM
Exactly what I would expect from someone(Marrioti) who doesn't understand football. If he understood football, he would understand that the Pats didn't want our 1st round pick. The money they would have to pay that person would have offset the cap room cleared by this trade. The trade was made by NE for exactly that purpose, to clear cap room.

DT14PRIEST
03-02-2009, 12:18 AM
Mariotti is the Whitlock of Chicago. He's just looking to stir up trouble while trying to maintain the stance in America that his opinion matters and we should care. Truth of the matter is Goodel won't look into this with any great length. All of Mariotti's point on the issue are moot and easily countered.

A high draft choice for Casssel (top 10) at least would have, like coach said, off set the cap returns for trading him. Rookie pool bonuses in gaurenteed money exceed the ~$15million he was due to be paid and the Pats would've been saddled with a high dollar rookie from a mediocre draft class at best. Nobody wants to trade up that high this year. There's no one worth it.

Vrabel had one year left on his contract and was eating up about ~$4-5million dollars in cap space. Pats would have cut him anyways to make room to sign the younger talent avalible on their roster before they ever hit FA next year while conservatively approaching the market like they do every year.

The deal could have been done with Tampa and Denver had the trade gone through. The Pats didn't deny the 12th overall pick Tampa was offering but, if according to what I read is right, Denver pulled out of the negotiations with Cutler so everything fell apart. More to the story? Most likely, but the Chiefs got the deal done. Pats are able to free up Cap Space (Cassel) and look to the market/draft for free agent talent to fill in for Vrabel's absence with the 34th pick and the Chiefs pick up a potential QBOTF and veteran presence on defense they so desperately need.

honda522
03-02-2009, 12:32 AM
Who the hell is this guy? Go f*ck. It was legal trade. You think Piloi would be stupid and make an illegal trade?

jmlamerson
03-02-2009, 12:58 AM
Who the hell is this guy? Go f*ck. It was legal trade. You think Piloi would be stupid and make an illegal trade?

Even better. There's no such thing as an illegal trade so long as you do it in the proper time periods.

hometeam
03-02-2009, 01:06 AM

this guy is an opinion sports columnist who gets his face on espn for a few minutes every day on around the horn.

also a doucher~

who cares what mariotti thinks. next please~

dale6734
03-02-2009, 01:11 AM
I heard Pioli had an undisclosed amount of video featuing Belichecks mother in comprimising positions. Which may or may not have been a facture in this trade. :mob:

KristofLaw
03-02-2009, 01:46 AM
What a d***.

Here is the source Kansas City's Sweetheart Deal for Cassel Warrants NFL Probe (http://jay-mariotti.fanhouse.com/2009/02/28/chiefs-sweetheart-deal-for-cassel-warrants-nfl-probe)

oh and this is my first post.. Couldn't pass up posting this. I didn't see another thread about this..

Alot of hot air in my opinion. Great first post. :bananen_smilies046:

partysan
03-02-2009, 02:01 AM
I always wanted one of those three breasted ladies that live on Mars. But I never got one. I don't think Roger has time to investigate every deal that some writer trying to promote his blog has a problem with. What exactly were the Pats supposed to receive for a guy that started 15 or 16 games in the NFL and had inherited a 16-0 regular season offense? This is mere puffery, nothing more.

AkChief49
03-02-2009, 02:07 AM
I think we all agree...Marrioti is as stupid as he looks.

warcrychief
03-02-2009, 02:15 AM
What a fool. im hoping that Goodell will spit in his face. it might make an improvement lol

josh1971
03-02-2009, 02:21 AM
Why would Goodell give this guy the time of day? It's a columnist, who writes his *opinion*. Not sure why the NFL commissioner would even bother with this guy's paranoid conspiracy theory.

JB

PawnshopMarimba
03-02-2009, 03:20 AM
What a fool. Vrabel's an older LB, and Cassel is as unproven as Thigpen is. Sorry, but it's the truth. Given the age of Vrabel, and the BIG, FAT QUESTION MARK that is Matt Cassel, I think a second round pick is a perfectly fair trade.

On top of that, Brady's young enough to have plenty of good years left in him for NE to draft and groom a replacement QB - in other words, they had no use for Matt.

SDChief09
03-02-2009, 03:38 AM
Regardless of having use for him, Schaub, less proven, with little use when Vick had not been investigated yet...2 2nd round picks...

Lito Shephard, a 3rd corner on his team, goes for a 2 and a 5...Winslow will be for more than a 2...and his knees will be gone by the time hes 30..

However, its a heck of a pick, Bill didnt want to cut Vrabel, he wanted to put him in a good spot, KC is a spot he gets to play, be a leader, and Cassel gets to play, and be a star....

You are right that if it doesnt work, its just a 2nd round pick, no damage to the chiefs based on recent 2nd round picks not named Flowers.

I think the Pats could have had more, however, this was the best move if Bill is friends with Scott Pioli, Matt Cassel and Mike Vrabel. Marrioti, has a problem with that...honestly, I dont see why, certain teams trade better with others...this is a known fact.

hardcorechiefsfan
03-02-2009, 10:58 PM
Even if things "smell" as the article says, I think it will be all for the good of the chiefs. We need a little controversy to get people thinking of the chiefs in a different light.
I'm thinking that maybe there is more, that the patriot fans were told as much or little as we were. It has me wondering...

Sn@keIze
03-02-2009, 11:05 PM
Im somewhat perplexed at whats supposed to be investigated. Its a mutual agreement.

Does he think Pioli went in there with a bunch of gangsters, held a gun to Belichecks head and said "Cassell and Vrabel for 2nd rounder. And if you talk bout what happened hear, Ill come back for you."

Bike
03-02-2009, 11:10 PM
What a fool. im hoping that Goodell will spit in his face. it might make an improvement lol
Goodell won't even waste a minute of his time to spit on Marriotti. If this idiot has never looked like an a$$ before, he's made up for lost time with this latest masterpiece. What a dumba$$.

DT14PRIEST
03-02-2009, 11:11 PM
People are just overreacting to the fact that the jury was out that Cassel's worth was supposed to be higher. The problem is that in spite of what people thought Cassel was supposedly worth or what transpired in past deals (Matt Schaub was traded for 2 second round picks in the past) the Team (Pats) with the franchise player (Cassel) is allowed to dictate the movement of that player to whatever team they want for whatever price tag regardless of how little they request/recieve in return.

Its not too 'fishy' as well seeing as how the Pats now have 4 Picks in the top 50 and freed up $18 million dollars in cap space to sign their own pending free agent for 2010 and incoming draftees/FAs they acquire.

People are looking for another Belichick controversy rather then looking at the financial benifits of the entire deal which was what I think this entire deal was based around on the Pats side of the equation.

Chiefster
03-02-2009, 11:15 PM
Alot of hot air in my opinion. Great first post. :bananen_smilies046:

Yup! Marrioti's an idiot.

Welcome aboard stricken721!

ktmrider
03-02-2009, 11:21 PM
I think Marrioti is just talking out of his a**. Thats probably what he's smelling. :woody9::bananen_smilies050: :inwc: :Magic_02: :35: :lol: Man I did not realize there were so many smilies on here, They are too cool.

Chiefster
03-02-2009, 11:28 PM
I think Marrioti is just talking out of his a**. Thats probably what he's smelling. :woody9::bananen_smilies050: :inwc: :Magic_02: :35: :lol: Man I did not realize there were so many smilies on here, They are too cool.

Heh! Talk about your conspiracy theories! It was the one armed man behind the grassy knoll I tell ya!

KottkeKU
03-03-2009, 03:15 AM
New England is definitely gonna take a linebacker with no.34 overall...just watch...and that linebacker is gonna turn out awesome..

pbatrucker
03-03-2009, 06:59 AM
It's all about the money. The pats couldn't afford to sign a high first round pick, #34 fit thier needs.

chiefnut
03-03-2009, 11:50 AM
the only thing you have to know to judge this allegation is bellichek. everyone knows that he would NEVER EVER do anything to benefit anyone but himself. he felt this trade was in the best interest of the pats w/no thought whatsoever of whether it was good for KC or not. end of story!

prough91
03-03-2009, 12:30 PM
I think what happened was Pioli gave ol' Belichick a call and said, "Hey, Bill, ol' buddy, ol' pal, I have a video of you taking some videos. What you say we make a trade?"

MichChieffan
03-03-2009, 07:46 PM
Maybe Marrioti is just jealous that his team did'nt land Cassel and Vrabel. Thanks Mr. Pioli. Go Chiefs!!! :sign0098:

CHIEFS_FN_ROCK
03-03-2009, 09:30 PM
I think what happened was Pioli gave ol' Belichick a call and said, "Hey, Bill, ol' buddy, ol' pal, I have a video of you taking some videos. What you say we make a trade?"
Damn thats a good one right there!!! WELL SAID:drunkhb:

hardcorechiefsfan
03-04-2009, 12:27 AM
Maybe Marrioti is just jealous that his team did'nt land Cassel and Vrabel. Thanks Mr. Pioli. Go Chiefs!!! :sign0098:
Bravo!

chiefsfreak4life
03-04-2009, 12:38 AM
Marriotti is a douche.

Guru
03-04-2009, 01:32 AM
The idiot will get over it. There is NOTHING to investigate.

chief31
03-04-2009, 06:19 AM
Exactly what I would expect from someone(Marrioti) who doesn't understand football. If he understood football, he would understand that the Pats didn't want our 1st round pick. The money they would have to pay that person would have offset the cap room cleared by this trade. The trade was made by NE for exactly that purpose, to clear cap room.

Coach, really?

I can not be convinced that anyone actually believes that.

That's like saying that Bill Gates has too much money to fit into his bank, so he has decided to take less money until he can get rid of some.

The value of a higher pick is whatever value they want it to be, below that spot.

The cap situation would be easily worked around, because they could always trade the high pick for a lower pick, and a future fourth round pick. (or something like that)

At the absolute worst, the can just let their selection be passed over until they find the exact spot that they want to draft at.

There is no way that The Pats wanted a lower pick. Not for cap reasons. Not for any reason. It is just completely illogical.

And if they were to try and suggest that they took less from The Chiefs for that reason, then they will be ripped to shreds, as that would be a bold-faced lie.

If they took less from The Chiefs, than what some other team was offering, then it was about some personal issue with Pioli.

But I don't know why anyone would offer much more than what we did.

Cassel played in the most QB-friendly offense in the league, for one season, and did pretty well.

Before Brady got hurt, Cassel wasn't worth a seventh round pick. Hell, he got demoted to third string in '07 for horrendous play.

I don't imagine that there were too terribly many offers out there for him. And I doubt that any of them were better than the one we made.

jtandcrew
03-04-2009, 09:44 AM
We coulda traded for the next 10 yrs of 7th round picks and it wouldnt have violated anything. Everyone is upset since the Donks now have a upset QB. Thing everyone is upset about is that there is now a bond between the Chiefs and the Pats. Did anyone want to investigate why the Chiefs got 3 diffrent 49er QB's? Everyone needs to screw off that is PO'd about the deal.:mob:

PatsFan4Chiefs
03-04-2009, 01:43 PM
As a fan, there's not much to feel good about going 6--26 over the last two seasons, EXCEPT that you avoid the kind of idiocy that is regularly sprewed forth by fools like Jay Marrioti. Welcome to my world as a Pats fan. We have to deal with morons like this trying to get cheap headlines or web clicks at the expense of truth and reason every day of the week, because the Pats and Belichick make good copy.

Advice: just ignore these people. They have no impact whatsoever on what happens between the lines on Sunday. They want you to get upset and "respond" to them. Don't.

Chiefster
03-04-2009, 06:31 PM
The idiot will get over it. There is NOTHING to investigate.

Yup! Nothing to see here; move along.