PDA

View Full Version : Ray Lewis has no home...

dbolan
03-04-2009, 10:31 AM
So, 3 years @ $24mil with $17mil guaranteed is not enough for Ray, eh?

As of this morning, no one is throwing him a bone and some folks are even suggesting that the Ravens pull their offer (above) from the table.

Personally, I think it funny and I can't stand listening to Ray talk...It is just as bad as listening to TO. lmao

jtandcrew
03-04-2009, 10:43 AM
I would take him for that! Although, if the Ravens wont give him that I think we could get him for less. Although, he is going to want to go to a contender now not in 2-4 yrs.

Sn@keIze
03-04-2009, 01:24 PM
Ray Lewis is nothing but a name now. He was awesome and yes can probly pay lil football still. but no thanks.
What will this be, is 14th year?

Drunker Hillbilly
03-04-2009, 02:16 PM
Ray Lewis is nothing but a name now. He was awesome and yes can probly pay lil football still. but no thanks.
Nothing but a name?????? Seriously bro!!! I am not a big Lewis fan either but the dude can still flat out play! He may have been the league's top tackler this past season! I'll have to look but I garrantee he was in the top five in tackles made and solo tackles as well! Also bet he forced a few fumbles. I'll take him at ILB over ANYONE we have on this team right now!!!

balto
03-04-2009, 02:27 PM
I would sign him in a second!!!! I agree he has some good years left in him, plus just think how our young D guys will grow up with Vrabel and Lewis!!!!! Damn that would be fun to watch.

Ldub
03-04-2009, 02:56 PM

His leadership and 117 tackles makes him more than just a name. That being sayed, he is asking way to much.

Drunker Hillbilly
03-04-2009, 03:25 PM
We will never sign him so this is all moot but to say he is just a name now days is just crazy talk!!!!!

Sn@keIze
03-04-2009, 04:32 PM
Nothing but a name?????? Seriously bro!!! I am not a big Lewis fan either but the dude can still flat out play! He may have been the league's top tackler this past season! I'll have to look but I garrantee he was in the top five in tackles made and solo tackles as well! Also bet he forced a few fumbles. I'll take him at ILB over ANYONE we have on this team right now!!!I actually am a huge Ray Lewis fan. He is (or was) the epidamy of a linebacker. I like his zero-tolerance attitude for poor performance. But for that price, no way.

Are you serious, over anybody we have on this team?
Your crazy.

I would sign him in a second!!!! I agree he has some good years left in him, plus just think how our young D guys will grow up with Vrabel and Lewis!!!!! Damn that would be fun to watch.Anybody would sign him in a second...so why isnt anybody signing him... because he not worth it. The question is how much.

His leadership and 117 tackles makes him more than just a name. That being sayed, he is asking way to much.like I said, he still has lil football in him. Id take him for the right price. Like maybe a 4th rounder but no more. If Ray was sooo bada$$, then people wouldnt be all gung ho over Suggs and Scott over Ray.

OK, maybe I was a lil overboard when I said "just a name". But Im not interested in signing a big name when hes past his prime. Im not interested in another Donnie Edwards.

Unless its for the right price. Like Vrabel, that was a good deal.

hometeam
03-04-2009, 04:38 PM
I would take him as a solid middle for a few years and him with vrabel to teach DJ and Curry the 3-4 system, along with whoever else we pick up.

But, doesnt matter how much he is or isnt worth, I seriously doubt he would even consider playing for KC. He wants a ring, and he would 99% rather stay in baltimore.

Also, for Sn@keize.. you said you would take him for a fourth rounder. Remember, hes a UFA, we dont have to give up anything but cap space for him~

Sn@keIze
03-04-2009, 04:42 PM
I would take him as a solid middle for a few years and him with vrabel to teach DJ and Curry the 3-4 system, along with whoever else we pick up.

But, doesnt matter how much he is or isnt worth, I seriously doubt he would even consider playing for KC. He wants a ring, and he would 99% rather stay in baltimore.

Also, for Sn@keize.. you said you would take him for a fourth rounder. Remember, hes a UFA, we dont have to give up anything but cap space for him~Thanks home. I was basically trying to put a value on him.

Chiefster
03-04-2009, 04:47 PM
I would take him for that! Although, if the Ravens wont give him that I think we could get him for less. Although, he is going to want to go to a contender now not in 2-4 yrs.

Man not me, but then again that's just me. Can't see spending that kind of money on a player in the twilight of his career.

Drunker Hillbilly
03-04-2009, 05:14 PM
I actually am a huge Ray Lewis fan. He is (or was) the epidamy of a linebacker. I like his zero-tolerance attitude for poor performance. But for that price, no way.

Are you serious, over anybody we have on this team?
Your crazy.

Anybody would sign him in a second...so why isnt anybody signing him... because he not worth it. The question is how much.

like I said, he still has lil football in him. Id take him for the right price. Like maybe a 4th rounder but no more. If Ray was sooo bada$$, then people wouldnt be all gung ho over Suggs and Scott over Ray.

OK, maybe I was a lil overboard when I said "just a name". But Im not interested in signing a big name when hes past his prime. Im not interested in another Donnie Edwards.

Unless its for the right price. Like Vrabel, that was a good deal.
Really???? You would take one of our ILB's over Ray Lewis? WOW bro, you need to mop up on your football knowledge if that is the case IMO!!!!! I'm not talking about money or anything, just replying to the post about him being just a name now!!!!! Laughable!!!

Chiefster
03-04-2009, 05:28 PM
...Are you serious, over anybody we have on this team?
Your crazy...

Really???? You would take one of our ILB's over Ray Lewis? WOW bro, you need to mop up on your football knowledge if that is the case IMO!!!!! I'm not talking about money or anything, just replying to the post about him being just a name now!!!!! Laughable!!!

The debate is good, and nothing wrong with disagreements, but let's keep it respectful.

Chiefster
03-04-2009, 05:29 PM
No doubt , they aint the Dallas Cowboys or anything LMAO!!!!!
Only Jerry Jones would go out and spend money in the millions on a man that has seen his better days.

Exactly what I was thinking, but then again I'm old and can remember when a 12oz. can of Coke was a quarter. :D

Sn@keIze
03-04-2009, 05:33 PM
Nothing but a name?????? Seriously bro!!! I am not a big Lewis fan either but the dude can still flat out play! He may have been the league's top tackler this past season! I'll have to look but I garrantee he was in the top five in tackles made and solo tackles as well! Also bet he forced a few fumbles. I'll take him at ILB over ANYONE we have on this team right now!!!Tony G?

Really???? You would take one of our ILB's over Ray Lewis? WOW bro, you need to mop up on your football knowledge if that is the case IMO!!!!! I'm not talking about money or anything, just replying to the post about him being just a name now!!!!! Laughable!!!Apparently you dont even remember you own post so I posted it again for you.

When did I say I would take anyone of our LBs over Ray?

What I did say is I wouldnt take him over anyone we have on this team. and you said it best...laughable.

Its all mute anyway, he reached a deal with Ravens...

Ldub
03-04-2009, 05:36 PM
The debate is good, and nothing wrong with disagreements, but let's keep it respectful.

Hardcore Chiefs Discussion
Timid need not apply!
:straw:

Chiefster
03-04-2009, 05:41 PM
Timid need not apply!
:straw:

It can be hard core without being disrespectful. Do you really want to mince words.

Sn@keIze
03-04-2009, 05:42 PM
The debate is good, and nothing wrong with disagreements, but let's keep it respectful.i was hardly being disrespectful. Just standing my ground. I said crazy.

I happen to agree with Drunker Hill on most of his post. just not on this one, so what?

Timid need not apply!
:straw::bananen_smilies046:

Chiefster
03-04-2009, 05:42 PM
Tony G?

Apparently you dont even remember you own post so I posted it again for you.

What I did say is I wouldnt take him over anyone we have on this team. and you said it best...laughable.

You are correct; moot it is. :D

Chiefster
03-04-2009, 05:45 PM
i was hardly being disrespectful. Just standing my ground. I said crazy.

I happen to agree with Drunker Hill on most of his post. just not on this one, so what?

:bananen_smilies046:

Name calling, even if it is "Your crazy" is being disrespectful. All I did was drop a reminder, I didn't hand out any warnings or infractions.

Drunker Hillbilly
03-04-2009, 06:06 PM
Name calling, even if it is "Your crazy" is being disrespectful. All I did was drop a reminder, I didn't hand out any warnings or infractions.
Taking it a bit far don't you think Chiefster?????

Drunker Hillbilly
03-04-2009, 06:09 PM
Tony G?

Apparently you dont even remember you own post so I posted it again for you.

You obviously didn't read my first post very well. I said I would take him at ILB over anyone we have on the team. Meaning any other ILB'r we currently have!!! I mean, he can't play QB!!!!!

Pro_Angler
03-05-2009, 11:42 AM
I never ever like RAy or Romo or Merriman or Palamolu