PDA

View Full Version : If Holt is released...

Codac
03-05-2009, 03:02 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AmpX_65Jvlx1Z14jEH0TT9tDubYF?slug=txrams holt&prov=st&type=lgns

If Holt is released I think we should go after him. He would be a very solid #2. I'm sure he would get just as many looks as Bowe. Thoughts?

brish
03-05-2009, 03:12 PM
Not a bad idea at all.. Generally I wan't young guys, but he would be a huge upgrade over Devard Darling!! Plus experience never hurts..

yashi
03-05-2009, 03:14 PM
I'd absolutely love to have Holt in KC.

Codac
03-05-2009, 03:15 PM
He would take up a decent amount of Salary cap. We need to use 33 Million this offseason. He would be an awesome mentor for Bowe, Franklin, and Robinson.

kuchief
I would take Holt, as long as he can still pass a physical. lol, what happened to him in the past few years? has he just been hurt?

tornadospotter
If he comes cheep, and only! We have some good WR's on our team. Watch and see.

yashi
03-05-2009, 03:17 PM
I would take Holt, as long as he can still pass a physical. lol, what happened to him in the past few years? has he just been hurt?

93 catches in 07, 64 last year... but that offense in general was horrendous last season.

Holt has a lot left in the tank.

Ldub
03-05-2009, 03:20 PM
He would take up a decent amount of Salary cap. We need to use 33 Million this offseason. He would be an awesome mentor for Bowe, Franklin, and Robinson.

I also think he would be a good mentor for our young wide outs, hes a solid guy. I would be good with this as long as we dont give him more than a 1-2 year deal, the guy is old.

Sn@keIze
03-05-2009, 03:39 PM
It all comes down to the same thing on every other player. If its for the right price,

and there usually another team (owner or GM) willing to overpay. So let them have em.

kuchief
03-05-2009, 03:52 PM
93 catches in 07, 64 last year... but that offense in general was horrendous last season.

Holt has a lot left in the tank.

ok, in that case I would definately take him. I don't know how much I would want to pay him, maybe a 3 yr $18 mil deal or something in that range. he's probably going to demand a lot more tho.

Codac
03-05-2009, 03:56 PM
It all comes down to the same thing on every other player. If its for the right price,

and there usually another team (owner or GM) willing to overpay. So let them have em.

Yes, but would you rather overpay one of the unproven rookies we are going to draft, one of the free agents in this very shallow market, or Torry Holt?

tornadospotter
03-05-2009, 03:59 PM
Yes, but would you rather overpay one of the unproven rookies we are going to draft, one of the free agents in this very shallow market, or Torry Holt?
None of the above. Keep what we have, draft in late rds's maybe.:11:

Codac
03-05-2009, 04:01 PM
None of the above. Keep what we have, draft in late rds's maybe.:11:
We have to spend at least $33 Million this offseason. How you gonna do that with only the draft and not so great free agents?

tornadospotter
03-05-2009, 04:11 PM
We have to spend at least $33 Million this offseason. How you gonna do that with only the draft and not so great free agents?
So spend it on WR's? Lets get some more important needs addressed first.

Sn@keIze
03-05-2009, 04:12 PM
good point. early 1st rounders do make too much for being unproven(in the NFL), especially the QB spot.

But if we were going to draft a good vet. I would be leaning on the defensive side....

Codac
03-05-2009, 04:40 PM
good point. early 1st rounders do make too much for being unproven(in the NFL), especially the QB spot.

But if we were going to draft a good vet. I would be leaning on the defensive side....

Well 1st rounders make a lot no matter what. So that is gonna take a chunk outa the cap. But not WR's. Just WR. He is a good player. A team leader. Not to mention yet again a very good mentor for our young'ins. Thats 1 player for the offense. We can sign plenty of the no-namers for the defense. They are the ones that suprise. Yeremiah Bell ring any...bells...Anyway we NEED a good #2. He is it.

yashi
03-05-2009, 05:04 PM
Don't forget that all the good free agents have pretty much signed already... there's just a guy here and there at this point getting released, mostly people you don't want on your team like Owens or Williams anyway.

Codac
03-05-2009, 05:14 PM
Don't forget that all the good free agents have pretty much signed already... there's just a guy here and there at this point getting released, mostly people you don't want on your team like Owens or Williams anyway.

Yea. All the good free agents where gone before the free agency started due to the franchise tag lol.

N TX Dave
03-05-2009, 05:51 PM

Well we are going to have to spend part of it on Cassell

Ldub
03-05-2009, 08:01 PM
$33 is alot though. We can give Cassell his contract, sign our 3rd overall pick, and pick Holt up (not saying we will) and still have leftovers. We are in a good spot moneywise. Its from years of letting the talent leave instead of signing them to bigger contracts. Carl Peterson's butthole would tighten up like a drum when it was contract time. Only real big contract he EVER did was LJ's, and that is only because the fans would of crucified him if he let him go. Us fans were wrong on that one lol.

Sn@keIze
03-05-2009, 09:17 PM
how are the Rams doing in cap space?

DT14PRIEST
03-05-2009, 09:27 PM
how are the Rams doing in cap space?

The Rams are in the bottom 1/3 of the league in terms of avalible cap space standing at about ~$15 million dollars.

Sn@keIze
03-05-2009, 10:25 PM
The Rams are in the bottom 1/3 of the league in terms of avalible cap space standing at about ~$15 million dollars.hmmm. not good considering they got 2nd pick. Holt very well could end up somewhere else.

theaxeeffect4311
03-05-2009, 11:59 PM
hmmm. not good considering they got 2nd pick. Holt very well could end up somewhere else.

I think Holt would be a good addition at the right price. Haley draws up schemes to fit the players very well and I think the Chiefs need a reliable/dangerous receiver on the other side of Bowe. Holt may be on the fading end of his career, but he can at least run crisp routes and catch. However, it would be the Chiefs trying to beat out all the other teams looking for a receiver through free agency.

pbatrucker
03-06-2009, 03:44 AM
If the Rams release Holt, the chiefs WIN weather we pick him up are not.
IF the Rams release Holt they will almost certainly draft Crabtree at #2, therefore taking him off our draft board and giving us our choice of the top two OT's or Curry.
:yahoo: :bananen_smilies046: :bananen_smilies046: :bananen_smilies046: :yahoo:

dbolan
03-06-2009, 09:09 AM
Holt wants out because they have a crappy Offense now and he also wants to go get a team on the uprise, doubtfull he would want to sign with KC but we could only hope.....

But he is also smart enough to know how the new management/coaching crew is gonna roll around here. He can see what Pioli done in NE and how well Haley has done in his OC positions.

I am all for getting Holt.

hometeam
03-06-2009, 11:15 AM
IF he wants to come here I think KC should be glad to have him.

even though he wants to go to a "contender" KC could be a good choice for him, he wont have to move, and KC is on the up.

lets get him.. we let housh and coles go, a vet 2nd wideout will be good for us.

Codac
03-06-2009, 11:31 AM
IF he wants to come here I think KC should be glad to have him.

even though he wants to go to a "contender" KC could be a good choice for him, he wont have to move, and KC is on the up.

lets get him.. we let housh and coles go, a vet 2nd wideout will be good for us.

Yeah well Housh and Coles were never even considered. Especially Housh

dbolan
04-09-2009, 01:21 PM
Why don't we try to pick this guy up? He has had NO bites and he is younger than Engram.

I think he has quite a bit to offer. Bulger had a crappy year, thus a decline in Holt's numbers.

We could ditch some a few of our no-name WR's and use him with confidence.

pbatrucker
04-09-2009, 01:55 PM
Why don't we try to pick this guy up? He has had NO bites and he is younger than Engram.

I think he has quite a bit to offer. Bulger had a crappy year, thus a decline in Holt's numbers.

We could ditch some a few of our no-name WR's and use him with confidence.
Holt doesn't go over the middle and doesn't play special teams.
:11:

dbolan
04-09-2009, 03:03 PM
Holt doesn't go over the middle and doesn't play special teams.
:11:

Engram can go over the middle and one of the many others can play special teams. We need a solid #2 WR and I think he could do it but who knows?

okikcfan
04-12-2009, 04:20 AM
I'm sure $$$$$$ has some thing to do with it....