PDA

View Full Version : Brian Waters question

Chiefzfan
03-06-2009, 11:42 PM
I keep up with the chiefs as much as possible with my situation, and I heard about the Tony G and Larry Johnson stuff, but what happened with Brian Waters? I have tried to look it up, but seems I cant find much. Anyone able to find out whats happened with him and why? Thanks

jason1981
03-07-2009, 12:11 AM
basically from what i read is that he flew to KC to talk to pioli and haley about the direction or the future of KC. Poili told him that he has nothing to talk about with him. and haley then told him in a hallway the same thing but also added that any 22 players off the street could have won 2 games. something along that line atleast.

Coach
03-07-2009, 12:15 AM
basically from what i read is that he flew to KC to talk to pioli and haley about the direction or the future of KC. Poili told him that he has nothing to talk about with him. and haley then told him in a hallway the same thing but also added that any 22 players off the street could have won 2 games. something along that line atleast.

Brian wants a trade because of the comments above. But he is under contract, so the Chiefs feel confident that he will show up at camp.

Chiefzfan
03-07-2009, 12:17 AM
Wow, that is rediculous. Our number one offensive lineman, and they dont even give him the time of day. We cannot afford to lose him.

Sn@keIze
03-07-2009, 12:25 AM
Wow, that is rediculous. Our number one offensive lineman, and they dont even give him the time of day. We cannot afford to lose him.
I agree.

If you are under contract that doesnt mean you cant ask for a quick minute with your GM (or coach). Waters wasnt asking for a trade before the request.

Im hoping that Waters can understand that the best way for Pioli commune to him is by putting good players around him.

I hope the Cassell move told Waters, "Hey, Im busy. I've got you an outstanding QB that many other teams would've gave 1st rounder for and then some."

DT14PRIEST
03-07-2009, 01:29 AM
I agree.

If you are under contract that doesnt mean you cant ask for a quick minute with your GM (or coach). Waters wasnt asking for a trade before the request.

Im hoping that Waters can understand that the best way for Pioli commune to him is by putting good players around him.

I hope the Cassell move told Waters, "Hey, Im busy. I've got you an outstanding QB that many other teams would've gave 1st rounder for and then some."

Lets not forget that we don't know all the details, but its assumed he showed up the friday before the start of Free Agency unannounced to discuss whatever he wanted to discuss with the team leadership. It was also during this time frame that the Chiefs were talking with NE about Cassel/Vrabel before he inevitably landed here that weekend.

So take it at face value for now till Waters/Coach/Pioli speak up about the incident to clear up anything, if there is anything to clear up. The days of players influencing the happening of the Chiefs franchise are over and the sting is obviously hurting for some.

windwalker
03-07-2009, 01:38 AM
I agree.

Sorry ... no one would have given a 1st round pick for Cassell... if they would have.. do you think he would be here????

Hayvern
03-07-2009, 02:09 AM
Sorry ... no one would have given a 1st round pick for Cassell... if they would have.. do you think he would be here????

Rumor has it that Tampa had an offer on the table for their first round pick. Of course that is only rumor, but that is why there are many who think this trade requires investigation.

As for the Waters situation. I don't think any employee can just walk in and demand an audience. Waters could have called ahead and asked for an appointment and avoided a largely embarrassing situation. I am sure Pioli and/or Haley would have given them an audience, just not on the player's terms.

Furthermore, the rumor has it that Waters was filled up with a lot of interesting information from the pro-bowl. I think it entirely possible that Waters pushed this confrontation so he could exploit the opportunity. I have read other reports where Waters has stated that he is not happy about his contract situation at KC and would be looking for an opportunity to increase his net worth.

You don't hear anything about TG or LJ pulling this sort of thing.

Sn@keIze
03-07-2009, 03:16 AM
Sorry ... no one would have given a 1st round pick for Cassell... if they would have.. do you think he would be here????Yes they would have.

You have Tampa Bay. And look at Cutler. Why, the Broncos were willing to give their pro-bowl QB to acquire him for poops sake.

chiefnut
03-07-2009, 08:29 AM
Yes they would have.

You have Tampa Bay. And look at Cutler. Why, the Broncos were willing to give their pro-bowl QB to acquire him for poops sake.

all we know for sure is that they were discussing a trade, no details were ever released, and it was possibly a three team deal. since neither denvr or tampa filed an official protest it logical to assume that a first round pick was NOT involved.:mob:

SDChief09
03-07-2009, 01:21 PM
Ok, its not ridiculous, because we DONT KNOW what happened...

regardless, this came out the DAY OF FREE AGENCY...he goes to Whitlock and cries about it...

Honestly, he CAN get 22 guys off the street and win 2 games.

Even more important, is that was the DAY we were Busy with the Cassel trade, What is more important? Telling Brian Waters our offseason plans(hes a player btw...hes under contract, and this was not a set up meeting) or...making the Cassel trade? Maybe they wanted to sit everyone down, show them that no one is bigger than the team...Much like having Cassel over the loud speaker, instead of some big photo op...

dbolan
03-10-2009, 09:50 AM
First I agree that these players need to respect the pecking order and if Waters did not call in advance and schedule some time, then that is his problem.

But I also believe that a 15 minute meeting with him would not have thwarted the Cassell/Vrabel trade as well.

All in all....You just cannot expect to stomp your feet into the bosses office at a whim with no consideration for the "team" operations.

2nd, going to Whitlock was sophmoric and I am sure that the first words spoken between Haley to Waters did not include the "winning 2 games" bit. There has to be more dialogue than that.

jtandcrew
03-10-2009, 10:54 AM
But I can see where Waters would be offended by the "guys off the street" comment. How many games did we lose close again? Waters takes pride in his position and work ethic. He has been a staple of this offense for many years. If I was him, even if I had a 30 min impromptu convo with the coach and it was all positive and he threw that comment at me somewhere along the line? I would be offended also. He was 1 of theose 22 players that coulda been replaced off the street in coaches mind, if thats the words said. Just my opinion though.

Seek
03-10-2009, 01:05 PM
First I agree that these players need to respect the pecking order and if Waters did not call in advance and schedule some time, then that is his problem.

But I also believe that a 15 minute meeting with him would not have thwarted the Cassell/Vrabel trade as well.

All in all....You just cannot expect to stomp your feet into the bosses office at a whim with no consideration for the "team" operations.

2nd, going to Whitlock was sophmoric and I am sure that the first words spoken between Haley to Waters did not include the "winning 2 games" bit. There has to be more dialogue than that.

I am pretty sure Brian Waters is his own agent. I am guessing this discussion he wanted three days before FA, in person without notice to the Chiefs. Was a little frustrating for the Chiefs.

Here they are trying to put their stamp on the team, and all of sudden someone shows up wanting to throw a curve ball.

You make appointments for stuff like that. How complicated would it have been for Brian to call Pioli and say. I want to discuss my future with you, when is a good time to dicsuss this. I am sure Pioli would have given him his 15 minutes. Instead, Brian is barging into his bosses office, basically while he basically have a board meeting and asking for his time.

Seek
03-10-2009, 01:10 PM
But I can see where Waters would be offended by the "guys off the street" comment. How many games did we lose close again? Waters takes pride in his position and work ethic. He has been a staple of this offense for many years. If I was him, even if I had a 30 min impromptu convo with the coach and it was all positive and he threw that comment at me somewhere along the line? I would be offended also. He was 1 of theose 22 players that coulda been replaced off the street in coaches mind, if thats the words said. Just my opinion though.

Brian Waters was a very big supporter of Herm. The spout off by Haley, could have been directed towards Herm stating that any 22 guys could have won 2 games if they were coached right. I could have been nothing personal against Brian.

You are only hearing what two frustrated people were saying. None of which would have took place had Brian Waters called in advance asking for some time.

brish
03-10-2009, 01:32 PM
I personally would'nt take too much of what that Whitlock guy writes at face value.. Im from the other side of the planet, so I don't know him. But he seems like a dick tbh.. Im guessing he's just pissed because they are so tightlipped in this new Chiefs front office..

bigpoppachief
03-11-2009, 03:12 PM
all we know for sure is that they were discussing a trade, no details were ever released, and it was possibly a three team deal. since neither denvr or tampa filed an official protest it logical to assume that a first round pick was NOT involved.:mob:

A first rounder was not involved but a Pro bown QB was and that shows that Mcdaniels sees something in Cassell

honda522
03-11-2009, 07:04 PM
I really think that it was just an article written by the KC Star, since they had nothing else to write about the Chiefs.