PDA

View Full Version : Orlando Pace released!!!

balto
03-10-2009, 07:00 PM
Not a shocker honestly

St. Louis Rams release offensive tackle Orlando Pace - ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3968328)

What do you guys think?

Bring him in to play RT for us?

Could be a STUD at RT still IMO

warcrychief
03-10-2009, 07:04 PM
Well yeah that is a shocker. I think he still has a couple of good years left in him. I hope Pioli tries to reach him.

Vandelay
03-10-2009, 07:05 PM
I say get him if we could sign him for two years and a reasonable salary. Pace has had problems staying healthy, but it's worth the risk IMO.

balto
03-10-2009, 07:12 PM
Pace is a Natural Left Tackle, to change him over to the opposite side would be like you changing from right to left handed or vise versa. If we can put Albert Brandon at RT and Pace at LT then we may have something depending on his health, he has suffered with knee problems as of late.

Nah,

He would do a lot better over at RT. RT would be a little less hard core for him and his knees.

I do not see any reason why he would not be able to go from LT to RT hehe.

imcorrect
03-10-2009, 07:24 PM
This probably locks up St. Louis taking LT with the #2 pick.

balto
03-10-2009, 07:25 PM

YA your probably right.

yashi
03-10-2009, 07:30 PM
Pace is still great when he can play.

Khalif Barnes is the other OT out there, not as good but much younger.

Wouldn't mind having either of them. Also I read that Jason Brown's contract with the rams was disapproved by the league, but it'll probably be worked out.

balto
03-10-2009, 07:33 PM
Pace is still great when he can play.

Khalif Barnes is the other OT out there, not as good but much younger.

Wouldn't mind having either of them. Also I read that Jason Brown's contract with the rams was disapproved by the league, but it'll probably be worked out.

Any idea what got it Disapproved?

slc chief
03-10-2009, 07:38 PM
keep him out of here he is injury prone and old

Coach
03-10-2009, 07:45 PM
We will not be willing to pay what other teams that need a LT will offer him.

balto
03-10-2009, 07:49 PM
We will not be willing to pay what other teams that need a LT will offer him.

I agree, but I wonder if any team will take a chance with him at LT with his injury record? I hope he goes to a team as the RT. I think he could last a couple years longer at RT then LT now a days.

warcrychief
03-10-2009, 08:06 PM
He may not want to uproot his family. So we might have a good shot at him.

yashi
03-10-2009, 08:08 PM
He may not want to uproot his family. So we might have a good shot at him.

He lives in St. Peters. I have to believe KC would be his first choice.

Take 70 on over, Orlando.

EDIT: actually, I just realized he's only played in 23 games the past 3 seasons... that might be a bit too injury prone to pay him much of anything.

balto
03-10-2009, 08:14 PM
He lives in St. Peters. I have to believe KC would be his first choice.

Take 70 on over, Orlando.

EDIT: actually, I just realized he's only played in 23 games the past 3 seasons... that might be a bit too injury prone to pay him much of anything.

True, but he started 14 of 16 games last season. So maybe he is all better hehe?

yashi
03-10-2009, 08:17 PM
Any idea what got it Disapproved?
Paperwork issues. Apparently, there was some sort of buy-back clause in it for the final year of the deal that isn't allowed.

balto
03-10-2009, 08:25 PM
Paperwork issues. Apparently, there was some sort of buy-back clause in it for the final year of the deal that isn't allowed.

AH thanks for the info Yashi. Watch Brown loose his contract with the Rams and we sign him before they get something new in place MUAHAHA

DT14PRIEST
03-10-2009, 11:58 PM
I dont see him coming to KC, but if he does I'd hope it'd be for a veteran minimum of $750k for one year. Feasible max being around the $2-3 million for 2 years anything more is a waste.

I think he's looking for his last payday before calling it quits.

35% chance he arrives in KC if I had to throw up pct.

hometeam
03-11-2009, 12:08 AM
He can play somewhere. Just not in KC

Big Daddy Tek
03-11-2009, 01:48 AM
If we can get 2 Willie Roaf type years out of Orlando Pace, than Im all for it. Lets get Orlando!

bigpoppachief
03-11-2009, 02:24 AM
keep him out of here he is injury prone and old

Linemen can play for years I think he would be worth a two year contract if nothign else to mentor Albert and whateevr line we draft because god knows we dont have any one on the line except Waters with experience and he may be leaving soon.

Vanilla Garilla
03-11-2009, 11:57 AM
I personally think Pace would be an excellent pick up. I think it would definitely help Cassel in the pocket, and would help our running backs greatly.

SDChief09
03-11-2009, 02:13 PM
I think Pace would be great if Albert is HAPPY going to RT...IT also would show we want to win NOW, and maybe are keeping LJ/Tony to do so...if we did this and kept our guys...this is what I could see our lineup like....

Qb Cassel
RB LJ/Charles(3rd down back, speed guy)
WR Bowe/Bradley/Franklin
TE Gonzo/Cottam
LT Pace /LG Waters/ C Eric Wood(3rd round) /RG Niswanger or Herb Taylor/ RT Albert

DE's Dorsey/Turk
NT Tank
LB's Curry(3rd overall) DJ/Vrabel/Hali
CB's.: Flowers/Carr /Leggett and Daniels 3 and 4
S: Pollard/Page backups Morgan/Mcgraw
K Barth
P Colquitt
KR Kevin Robinson/Jamaal Charles
PR Kevin Robinson

this means 1st pick Curry, 3rd rounder Eric Wood

This roster above could win in the AFC West, just maybe not with the schedule they have, which means Pace may not happen if they dont think that this is a winning roster...

I honestly think this is as close to an opening day starting roster as it gets.

balto
03-11-2009, 02:39 PM
Why not just have Pace play RT???????? Who cares if he wants LT money? GIVE IT TO HIM, with a injury clause built into the contract to cover our butts.

We have SO much Cap room we can afford to overpay for Pace, but if he stays healthy and plays every game then we would be getting a HELL of a deal.

I say give him a 2 year 2-4 mil contract with a injury clause built into it.

yashi
03-11-2009, 02:57 PM
I'd like to get both Pace and Holt, actually. Come on guys, it's just a 4 hour trip down 70.

honda522
03-11-2009, 10:53 PM
I say we are closer to Curry now. STL HAS, to go for an OL now.

Chiefster
03-11-2009, 11:49 PM
I gotta figure there's a reason that the Rams let him go.

Hayvern
03-11-2009, 11:55 PM

My thoughts exactly.

I say we get Pace if we can pick him up at a reasonable price.

AussieChiefsFan
03-12-2009, 03:55 AM
I say we are closer to Curry now. STL HAS, to go for an OL now.I hope we are. We need him.........

m0ef0e
03-12-2009, 05:08 PM
I'd be willing to give Pace a shot with a 2 year deal-- especially if we lose B.W.

AussieChiefsFan
03-13-2009, 06:39 AM
I'd be willing to give Pace a shot with a 2 year deal-- especially if we lose B.W.Seems good.:bananen_smilies046: