PDA

View Full Version : Quinn Gray Released

yashi
03-11-2009, 04:31 PM
Well, he had a nice 1 drive as a Chief. Probably makes sense to save the money and roll with Ingle Martin since he'd be a 3rd stringer.

Link coming soon.

ThigpenFan
03-11-2009, 04:44 PM
Kansas City Chiefs - Chiefs Terminate QB Quinn Gray (http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2009/03/11/chiefs_terminate_qb_quinn_gray/)

I thought he was better than broken croyle.....

ktmrider
03-11-2009, 04:57 PM
That must mean they plan to keep Brokie Croyle, Ingle Martin will probably be the practice squad QB. :bananen_smilies046: :toast2: Then:drunkhb: WOOOOHOOOO!

hometeam
03-11-2009, 05:21 PM
Saw this coming.. we still have one too many qb's on the roster~

Chiefster
03-11-2009, 05:45 PM
Quinn Gray who??? :D

yashi
03-11-2009, 06:19 PM
hey.. in his defense, he had the highest QB rating, completion %, and TD/INT ratio of any QB we had last season. :)

balto
03-11-2009, 06:23 PM
Will probably role with Cassel, Thiggy, and Croyle.

Unless we deal Thigpen or Croyle in a trade, then look for Pioli to spend a 6th or 7th rounder on a QB!!

Chase Patton anyone?

hardcorechiefsfan
03-11-2009, 06:40 PM
Finally they got around to letting him go...

Canada
03-11-2009, 07:11 PM
hey.. in his defense, he had the highest QB rating, completion %, and TD/INT ratio of any QB we had last season. :)

:lol: :bananen_smilies046:

honda522
03-11-2009, 09:22 PM
Bad move IMO. He seemed to be a solid backup. In Croyle, we dont trust.

RedJohnson
03-11-2009, 09:57 PM
Saw this coming.. we still have one too many qb's on the roster~

When you go through a half dozen in season...

YZILLA
03-11-2009, 10:21 PM
Yeah smart move to get rid of the guy who comes in drives the team down the field for a score on the only drive he had all season and keep the guy who hasnt done **** for the past 3 years . Croyle has an arm at most. he is a bust in almost every sense of the word. Stupid move unless they go after a pat white in the draft.

Nel Toille
03-11-2009, 10:30 PM
hate to say this but I always thought, in comparision to Thigpen, Gray's arm looked a lot better on that one drive he had. He was able to at least throw the fade route a lot better, in my opinion.

Chiefster
03-11-2009, 10:40 PM
Yeah smart move to get rid of the guy who comes in drives the team down the field for a score on the only drive he had all season and keep the guy who hasnt done **** for the past 3 years . Croyle has an arm at most. he is a bust in almost every sense of the word. Stupid move unless they go after a pat white in the draft.

I'm reserving judgment until after the off season acquisitions and the draft.

tornadospotter
03-11-2009, 11:14 PM
I'm reserving judgment until after the off season acquisitions and the draft.
Me to.

yashi
03-12-2009, 08:12 AM
hate to say this but I always thought, in comparision to Thigpen, Gray's arm looked a lot better on that one drive he had. He was able to at least throw the fade route a lot better, in my opinion.
yeah that's what I said. I remember Thigpen throw fade passes to Bowe in the end zone on 1st 2nd and 3rd down, before Bowe finally made a great catch. Gray got it in his 1 attempt.

KottkeKU
03-12-2009, 03:52 PM
i still would like Pioli to draft a qb in the 5th,6th,or even 7th round....it seems to be his specialty, finding QB gems in the later rounds....which is another reason why i dont agree with the cassell trade...but whatever, hes a pretty decent qb so it cant be too bad of a trade...

DT14PRIEST
03-12-2009, 06:33 PM
i still would like Pioli to draft a qb in the 5th,6th,or even 7th round....it seems to be his specialty, finding QB gems in the later rounds....which is another reason why i dont agree with the cassell trade...but whatever, hes a pretty decent qb so it cant be too bad of a trade...

I don't see why Cassel wouldn't qaulify as a late round gem if Pioli and co. drafted him and had him tutored behind Tom Brady. I think the misconception with Brady and Cassel is that they were taken late and were simply amazing from the get go. I don't buy that. I think it was Brady's time behind Bledsoe and Cassel's time behind Brady that really allowed them to develop into the QBs they became

honda522
03-12-2009, 08:42 PM
I don't see why Cassel wouldn't qaulify as a late round gem if Pioli and co. drafted him and had him tutored behind Tom Brady. I think the misconception with Brady and Cassel is that they were taken late and were simply amazing from the get go. I don't buy that. I think it was Brady's time behind Bledsoe and Cassel's time behind Brady that really allowed them to develop into the QBs they became
I agree, along with the coaching methods and other players.