PDA

View Full Version : So how do you enjoy gameday?

ktmrider
03-12-2009, 06:02 PM
I was just wondering how everyone enjoys Chiefs gamedays. Any rituals or superstitions? At Arrowhead, maybe at a particular bar or with friends or possibly all by your lonesome in front of the TV in your underwear eating Cheetos.

We used to go to quite a few games. Everything from sitting in the nose bleed section to being on the field during warm-ups (even got my pic taken w/ALL of the cheerleaders! ) and the star spangled banner. Over the last few years we have found ourselves mainly staying home and watching on TV, but this year I think I'm going to do things a little different. I have access to a large smoker on a trailer, a 50" plasma, and a generator or an inverter for power. I don't know about you but that sounds like the perfect ingredients for an awfully fun tailgate party. I'm thinking get the briskets going about 10hrs. before kick-off at the house and start the racks of ribs about the time we're leaving the house. Arrive at Arrowhead and set up, cook a little breakfast, have a few brewskis and by the time gametime rolls around, the food will be about ready. Kick back with some good Q, beer, and my favorite team on the big screen. I've always seen people tailgating like this out there and thought it looked like a LOT of fun.

Does anyone else do this? I would love to hear what others do to enjoy their Chiefs gameday experience. So wether you live here local, or thousands of miles away. Lets hear about your gameday festivities, and if anyone is interested in joining me, you are more than welcome. :bananen_smilies046: :toast2: Then :drunkhb:

Chris

hometeam
03-12-2009, 06:15 PM
My lone (traitor charger fan) buddy comes over, we go into town and pick out our daily munchies + dinner.

We watch NFL network pregame for a couple of hours and then siwtch between the two major pregames at 11. After that its nonstop football,, flipping around between channels and watching all of the chiefs and chargers games (if they are seperate time slots, if not, my house, my rules, chiefs win) and watch all random games during commercial breaks. all while stuffing our faces and talking like a couple of sports radio announcers about everything football, many times with Madden going on the secondary tv in the same room.

this is 3 years running, and fourth in the works~

tornadospotter
03-12-2009, 06:24 PM
I was just wondering how everyone enjoys Chiefs gamedays. Any rituals or superstitions? At Arrowhead, maybe at a particular bar or with friends or possibly all by your lonesome in front of the TV in your underwear eating Cheetos.

We used to go to quite a few games. Everything from sitting in the nose bleed section to being on the field during warm-ups (even got my pic taken w/ALL of the cheerleaders! ) and the star spangled banner. Over the last few years we have found ourselves mainly staying home and watching on TV, but this year I think I'm going to do things a little different. I have access to a large smoker on a trailer, a 50" plasma, and a generator or an inverter for power. I don't know about you but that sounds like the perfect ingredients for an awfully fun tailgate party. I'm thinking get the briskets going about 10hrs. before kick-off at the house and start the racks of ribs about the time we're leaving the house. Arrive at Arrowhead and set up, cook a little breakfast, have a few brewskis and by the time gametime rolls around, the food will be about ready. Kick back with some good Q, beer, and my favorite team on the big screen. I've always seen people tailgating like this out there and thought it looked like a LOT of fun.

Does anyone else do this? I would love to hear what others do to enjoy their Chiefs gameday experience. So wether you live here local, or thousands of miles away. Lets hear about your gameday festivities, and if anyone is interested in joining me, you are more than welcome. :bananen_smilies046: :toast2: Then :drunkhb:

Chris
We will expect you at the Chiefs Crowd home opener tailgate party.

windwalker
03-12-2009, 06:26 PM
I get up.. make coffee, give the baby his bottle, change him, cook breakfast for my wife, clean the kitchen, bathroom, living room and garage, and then HOPE I get permission to go to the local pub and watch the game.

Canada
03-12-2009, 06:27 PM
I get up.. make coffee, give the baby his bottle, change him, cook breakfast for my wife, clean the kitchen, bathroom, living room and garage, and then HOPE I get permission to go to the local pub and watch the game.

Ouch, tell her you volunteer at a homeless shelter on Sundays and then do out and watch the game!! :D

ktmrider
03-12-2009, 06:42 PM
We will expect you at the Chiefs Crowd home opener tailgate party.

Oh I'll be there alright, I'll be the one dressed in chiefs clothes and drinking a beer. :toast2:

Chris

tornadospotter
03-12-2009, 06:46 PM
Oh I'll be there alright, I'll be the one dressed in chiefs clothes and drinking a beer. :toast2:

Chris
That will make it easy to pick you out. :D

Chief Tyler
03-12-2009, 06:53 PM
I typically go down to the pool hall with a few friends, crowd around the tube durning the game, getting a few games in here and there and then play for an hour or two more after the game. Not too much fun yet, I'm not allowed to for another year (not 21 :( ).

Canada
03-12-2009, 07:20 PM

Chris

Uh...that is gonna be me!! :bananen_smilies046:

honda522
03-12-2009, 08:46 PM
I get up about 10 and watch pregame shows. Then I flip on the radio and listen to Mitch and the gang while the game is going.

Nothing beats hearing Mitch get excited.

I would rather go to the game than watch it on TV, but since money is tight I can't go often.

KottkeKU
03-13-2009, 12:58 AM
I put on my Glen Dorsey jersey (sitting at home OR if im going to Arrowhead...) number one....

maybe grab a pale ale or two to bring to my buddies (we all congregate at his place to watch chiefs games) and then talk about fantasy football, and who we think is going to be the next star :) I drafted DeAngelo Williams this year over alot of solid RBs, and also the other rookie Caroline RB (most people were saying he was gonna be the starter.)..but i didnt buy it bc i have seen williams play as a rooke and i knew he was going to be special.... and you can bet i made them eat their words lol...

There still is a lot of holes to fill in this team....i mean ALOT....so i dont know how good we are gonna be...but hey, you never know...

Sn@keIze
03-13-2009, 01:09 AM
If not at the game.

The best way to do it is with some homemade BLTs. Potato chips in french onion dip. And some tea. That gives you a good base for the beer during the game.

Get some die hard Chiefs fans and family. Turn the TV down, Crank up Mitch and Len.

If its an afternoon game then you got to go with some buffalo wings and beer since its in between lunch and dinner. And usually more intoxicated for the 2nd half games.

*sighs* whyd you have to bring this thread up? Im ready for the season to begin already.

AussieChiefsFan
03-13-2009, 05:32 AM
If not at the game.

The best way to do it is with some homemade BLTs. Potato chips in french onion dip. And some tea. That gives you a good base for the beer during the game.

Get some die hard Chiefs fans and family. Turn the TV down, Crank up Mitch and Len.

If its an afternoon game then you got to go with some buffalo wings and beer since its in between lunch and dinner. And usually more intoxicated for the 2nd half games.

*sighs* whyd you have to bring this thread up? Im ready for the season to begin already.Good strategy!:bananen_smilies046: :D

Canada
03-13-2009, 08:31 AM
Well, heres how it goes down at Arrowhead North!!

First thing in the morning Big Dan and I go to the grocery store. For those of you who don't know who Big Dan is ---> http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2009/03/26.jpg Since we are both pretty big eaters we usualy plan a couple of meals. One to eat before the game (which starts at 1pm here) and a meal for after the game and then some snacks for during the game. The menu usually includes about 40 chicken drumsticks, 5 racks of ribs and chicken nachos.

Then it is off to the beer store for a few cases of beer then into the garage for a full day of Chiefs football. There are usually between 10 and 20 guys show up to watch games (we have 3 TVs and Sunday Ticket in the garage) We play football in the backyard and drink beers until the late game is over.

Then we suffer through Monday morning!!

Hint: Don't make you chicken too spicy or it really makes Monday rough if you know what I mean!!:inwc:

prough91
03-13-2009, 10:21 AM
Get up. Wish there was someone to watch the game with. Watch the CBS pregame. Hope like hell Randy Cross isn't on the broadcast.