PDA

View Full Version : Latest Mock has Chiefs taking Orakpo

honda522
03-02-2009, 09:11 PM
NFL mock draft: Version V - NFL - Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ys-draftmockv030209&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)

I really think that Curry will be available by the 3rd pick.

DET: Has Culpepper, but he is aging. He is also a vet. This would be the perfect opportunity to draft a QB and stick him behind Culpepper to develop.

STL: Bulger really needs more protection, atleast from what I see. They could use help on D, but I think they should be fine, I would expect them to draft a lineman.

KC: Curry! But wait a min. Some people speculate that he will be gone. If he is there do we take him? We need an OL to protect Cassel. At the same time, do you let a playmaker like crabtree get away? Cassel's sucess was based on players like Moss and Welker and the whole reciving core. Wait, they used the RB's to.

I still stick with Curry. The say defense wins its all, and I am begging to think its true. Plus the weak point of KC is the D.

Guess we will find out April 24th.

Bike
03-02-2009, 09:22 PM
I don't see how St. Louis can look past Curry. I don't see how anybody could. He is the best football player in the draft.

honda522
03-02-2009, 09:25 PM
I don't see how St. Louis can look past Curry. I don't see how anybody could. He is the best football player in the draft.
Its not about the best player, its about the right player

Bike
03-02-2009, 09:27 PM
Thats too much psychobabble for me!!!:bananen_smilies046:
If Currys' there, take him. But by all rights he should be gone 1st or 2nd...

warcrychief
03-02-2009, 09:28 PM

Needs out way the best player on the board. Perfect example is Dorsey last year. All those teams ahead of us pick needs over talent (except Oak but they dont count).

Bike
03-02-2009, 09:38 PM
Needs out way the best player on the board. Perfect example is Dorsey last year. All those teams ahead of us pick needs over talent (except Oak but they dont count).
I kinda agree - but when you have needs on basically every position on the field.....why not take the best player on the board.

Coach
03-02-2009, 10:45 PM
O hope either Curry or Monroe are available. I think either player are day 1 starters on this team.

fairladyZ
03-02-2009, 11:45 PM
or Orakpo!!
i really really really want a pass rushing DE.

KottkeKU
03-03-2009, 02:11 AM
I would stay far, far away from Orakpo personally....just doesnt fit our scheme...whatever it is lol

I think Chiefs are thinking 1.) Curry 2.) Best OT (they will be duking it out until late April)

I think Detroit will go QB....or OT (ala Miami). They wont draft Curry no.1 though.

This is a huge pick for us now that we dont have the 34th overall (i was really looking forward to that pick...)

i wish we wouldve just traded a 5th or 6th for Vrabel....i wanted to see if we could strike lighting with Thigpen...

i have a hard time believing our 3rd round choice will be a starter...

fairladyZ
03-03-2009, 02:16 AM
I like Orakpo and i think he'll be a hell of a player in this league.
I'm torn i want curry first and foremost but then i want a stud OL but then i want a stud DE like Orakpo.

But then i'm still worried haley and pioli might actually take a stab at crabtree.
who knows

Hayvern
03-03-2009, 02:17 AM
NFL mock draft: Version V - NFL - Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ys-draftmockv030209&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)

DET: Has Culpepper, but he is aging. He is also a vet. This would be the perfect opportunity to draft a QB and stick him behind Culpepper to develop.

STL: Bulger really needs more protection, atleast from what I see. They could use help on D, but I think they should be fine, I would expect them to draft a lineman.

KC: Curry! But wait a min. Some people speculate that he will be gone. If he is there do we take him? We need an OL to protect Cassel. At the same time, do you let a playmaker like crabtree get away? Cassel's sucess was based on players like Moss and Welker and the whole reciving core. Wait, they used the RB's to.

I still stick with Curry. The say defense wins its all, and I am begging to think its true. Plus the weak point of KC is the D.

The fact we have so many needs makes the third rounder just about a win anywhere. I really do think the Lions will take a QB, but even if they do not, there are at least two very good offensive linemen in the draft and Curry. So no matter what we will get something we need. QB will not be on the list for us, so any mock drafts that think that are really out of their mind.

okikcfan
03-03-2009, 03:22 AM
But then i'm still worried haley and pioli might actually take a stab at crabtree.
who knows

Thats the problem, with Cassell most likely @ QB Crabtree is a real possibilty. TG, Bowe and Crabtree. On the other hand we need Curry. You have to look at whats down the line as far as the picks go. Some of the best players come in the later rounds!

pbatrucker
03-03-2009, 05:42 AM
I,m on the Curry bandwagon.
Truth is, it still depends on who else we pick up as free agents. There are still players that could solidify our OL and LB's. Then Crabtree comes into the equation.

honda522
03-03-2009, 10:22 AM
Wouldn't it be scary if we passed on Curry?

yashi
03-03-2009, 10:30 AM
The beauty of it is that not only is he the best player in the draft, but he fills a need. And on top of that, he can play any LB position in a 3-4 or 4-3.

I really hope Tank is adding muscle right now so he can be the NT if he needs to be, then the decision to take Curry would be a much easier one.

TheLateGreat#58Fan
03-03-2009, 10:52 AM
I may be the only one in fantasy land but I cant be the only one excited at the idea of Cassell throwing to D. Bowe, TG, and Crabtree. If we could trade LJ for a decent pic, 3rd (honestly have no idea what his market value is now but it cant be high) if we could shore up our line with those guys on the outside. We would have a GREAT offense for a longtime.

i do realize Curry is a freak and we need help on defense, We will end up just taking the highest player on our board which will probably be curry

prough91
03-03-2009, 11:22 AM
I may be the only one in fantasy land but I cant be the only one excited at the idea of Cassell throwing to D. Bowe, TG, and Crabtree. If we could trade LJ for a decent pic, 3rd (honestly have no idea what his market value is now but it cant be high) if we could shore up our line with those guys on the outside. We would have a GREAT offense for a longtime.

i do realize Curry is a freak and we need help on defense, We will end up just taking the highest player on our board which will probably be curry

If Curry is gone, I actually wouldn't mind taking Crabtree.

honda522
03-03-2009, 11:28 AM

Well seattle needs a RB, so does the whole NFC North IMO.

OPLookn
03-03-2009, 12:46 PM
To me the Chiefs have a win-win situation. If Curry isn't off the board by the time they pick at #3 he fills a spot we need. If Curry is gone that means there's still a great O lineman out there and it fills a spot we need.

Taking Crabtree at #3 doesn't make sense to me. No matter how great a player he is it seems like it'd be putting the cart before the horse. We have a really good QB now but who cares how good our receivers are if by the time they turn their head for the ball our QB is on his back?

yashi
03-03-2009, 01:02 PM
To me the Chiefs have a win-win situation. If Curry isn't off the board by the time they pick at #3 he fills a spot we need. If Curry is gone that means there's still a great O lineman out there and it fills a spot we need.

Taking Crabtree at #3 doesn't make sense to me. No matter how great a player he is it seems like it'd be putting the cart before the horse. We have a really good QB now but who cares how good our receivers are if by the time they turn their head for the ball our QB is on his back?

I agree with all of this 100%. This is going to be a pretty easy pick regardless of how it plays out.

chief31
03-03-2009, 01:06 PM
The two major team needs, IMO, are on D-line and O-line. Everything else is secondary.

Since the top O-linemen in this draft are better than the top D-linemen, I want O-line.

Currys rating has gone from 10-15 overall, to the best player in the draft?

He wasn't the best player in the draft before the combine, so his stock has sky-rocketed because of what he can do when there is no game going on?

I don't like those players. I like the guy who plays football better than everyone else, alot better than the guy who runs a fast 40 and lifts weight better than the others.

Well seattle needs a RB, so does the whole NFC North IMO.

The NFC North?

Adrian Peterson (1760 Yards, 4.8 YPC), Ryan Grant (1203 Yards, 3.9 YPC) and Matt Forte (1238 Yards, 3.9 YPC) need to be replaced?

You could make a case for The Lions, who have a young guy they like. But the rest of the NFC North is pretty well set at HB.

yashi
03-03-2009, 01:22 PM
The two major team needs, IMO, are on D-line and O-line. Everything else is secondary.

Since the top O-linemen in this draft are better than the top D-linemen, I want O-line.

He wasn't the best player in the draft before the combine, so his stock has sky-rocketed because of what he can do when there is no game going on?

I don't like those players. I like the guy who plays football better than everyone else, alot better than the guy who runs a fast 40 and lifts weight better than the others.

The NFC North?

Adrian Peterson (1760 Yards, 4.8 YPC), Ryan Grant (1203 Yards, 3.9 YPC) and Matt Forte (1238 Yards, 3.9 YPC) need to be replaced?

You could make a case for The Lions, who have a young guy they like. But the rest of the NFC North is pretty well set at HB.

I've been following the draft pretty closely since the season ended, and I haven't seen Curry any lower than about the 5th overall player available at any point. This guy is not a workout wonder. He is a player who has had an excellent college career and also had a great workout. He is a flat out playmaker. He had 4 interceptions in 2007, all of which were returned for touchdowns for an average return of 56 yards.

There are good linemen available. But Curry is the consensus best player in this draft at almost any site you visit, and he fills a need. Right now I think DJ is the only player on the roster capable of being effective as an ILB in a 3-4. Let's put Curry in there next to him, with Vrabel mentoring them, and get this defense turned around for years to come.

chief31
03-03-2009, 02:16 PM
I've been following the draft pretty closely since the season ended, and I haven't seen Curry any lower than about the 5th overall player available at any point. This guy is not a workout wonder. He is a player who has had an excellent college career and also had a great workout. He is a flat out playmaker. He had 4 interceptions in 2007, all of which were returned for touchdowns for an average return of 56 yards.

There are good linemen available. But Curry is the consensus best player in this draft at almost any site you visit, and he fills a need. Right now I think DJ is the only player on the roster capable of being effective as an ILB in a 3-4. Let's put Curry in there next to him, with Vrabel mentoring them, and get this defense turned around for years to come.

Adding a LB to this defense does just about nothing in the way of improving it. If the D-linemen are being shoved into the LBs' way, then it doesn't matter what those LBs' names are.

And that is what happened last season. Good LBs were made to look bad by poor D-line play.

So, adding another good LB doesn't change that.

Moving to a 3-4 defense makes LBs look good. there is an extra guy there, running free, to making blocking more complicated. Not to mention the way the SS gets used in a 3-4.

You really don't need ray Lewis at LB if you are running a 3-4.

The Steelers made a killing from just plugging-in whatever they had at LB.

Then, when those guys became big names and left for other teams, they never really did squat.

Chad Brown, Levon Kirkland, Kendrell Bell and Joey Porter were marquis names as Steelers LBs. And none has been half of what they were, once they left.

The Steelers almost never re-sign their LBs, as they know that they are expendable. They just plug the next guy in there, and wait for his contract to end, so they can plug the next one in.

Who do The Steelers re-sign?

They re-sign the front three. Becasue they don't get the stats and recognition the LBs do. And are harder to replace.

The LBs get those big stats, due to the system, and those stats look like big money, so The Steelers let someone else pay that big money.

And The Steelers continue to get the big LB stats, while teams that pay for the big stats wind-up with average, at best.

With a 3-4 defense, you don't pay big money for LBs. You pay for DBs and linemen.

fairladyZ
03-03-2009, 02:37 PM
Only problem is there just isn't a D-Lineman really worth the #3 pick. Orakpo would be the closest but he is still a tiny bit of a reach. BJ Raji is a huge reach. I want nothing to do with him. I don't like his attitude and he has done nothing to impress me.

So with no D-Lineman other then Orakpo worth the #3 pick I say we go Curry if he is available. I would rather have DJ and AC on my team then play against them.

We need Tank to bulk back up to play NT. He got very very good reviews when he played NT. Dorsey, Boone, McBride to take over the DE's. Hali, Curry, Vrabel, DJ for starting linebackers. Flowers, Carr, and Leggett as CB. Pollard, Page, McGraw, Morgan for Safeties.
Pick up one of each D-lineman, LB, and Safety in FA and Draft.

Get 2 OL in FA and Draft. I really wish the Chiefs would look at Harvey Dahl from the Falcons. I think he could anchor the right tackle position. Only problem is Falcons put a 2nd round tender on him.

Codac
03-03-2009, 02:54 PM

Ok Mr. Pioli. Its true but at the same time its not. At this high in the draft you get the best player available.

chief31
03-03-2009, 05:16 PM
Only problem is there just isn't a D-Lineman really worth the #3 pick. Orakpo would be the closest but he is still a tiny bit of a reach. BJ Raji is a huge reach. I want nothing to do with him. I don't like his attitude and he has done nothing to impress me.

So with no D-Lineman other then Orakpo worth the #3 pick I say we go Curry if he is available. I would rather have DJ and AC on my team then play against them.

We need Tank to bulk back up to play NT. He got very very good reviews when he played NT. Dorsey, Boone, McBride to take over the DE's. Hali, Curry, Vrabel, DJ for starting linebackers. Flowers, Carr, and Leggett as CB. Pollard, Page, McGraw, Morgan for Safeties.
Pick up one of each D-lineman, LB, and Safety in FA and Draft.

Get 2 OL in FA and Draft. I really wish the Chiefs would look at Harvey Dahl from the Falcons. I think he could anchor the right tackle position. Only problem is Falcons put a 2nd round tender on him.

I still don't think you are getting much by taking a LB.

Also, third round O-linemen are not usually the answer. But high first round OTs generally are.

Most people dislike taking O-line, because those guys don't get spotlighted on ESPNs Plays Of The Week. But that is where our team has it's deficiencies.

Brandon Albert is an OG and should be playing there. He was an amazing prospect at OG. We can have that, and still get an amazing prospect for our LOT spot too.

The two biggest problems with our defense were Herm Edwards, and Jared Allen.

Jared Isn't coming back. But neither is Herm.

The switch to the 3-4 should generate instant pass-rush, to help replace JA.

And any coach who recognizes that you can't run the "Tampa-2" without a pass rushing DE is a great start in the right direction.

Between the new staff, and the decision to move to a 3-4, our defense is already leaps and bounds better than it was in '08.

I don't believe, as many do, that all of the players on defense need to be replaced.

Herm has been replaced, and I think that should take care of most of it.

Although, I don't really trust the new guys yet either.

Ok Mr. Pioli. Its true but at the same time its not. At this high in the draft you get the best player available.

I don't like that "BPA" nonsense. You take the best player for your team. <BPFYT>

I need to get that copywritten.:D

fairladyZ
03-03-2009, 05:21 PM
Well we don't even know if we are for sure 100% switching to a 3-4 yet either do we?

HOpefully romeo takes the job and comes here to be DC. I don't think our defense is that bad either i think we just need pressure on the QB. I think that was our biggest problem lastyear. If Curry wasn't in the draft i would be all for drafting a OL with the #3. I actually really want monroe. I wish we could get both curry and monroe. But i think our D needs more held then our offense. I think with a couple good moves in FA and Draft i think our OL will be pretty good.

honda522
03-03-2009, 06:21 PM

The NFC North?

Forgot about AP. :D

theaxeeffect4311
03-03-2009, 10:19 PM
I agree with all of this 100%. This is going to be a pretty easy pick regardless of how it plays out.

Whoever thinks Curry is not worth the number 3 spot has not been following the draft closely. He has always been a top choice (#1 linebacker prospect) and then won the Butkus award last season. I know awards do not mean that much, but Curry has put up great numbers throughout college with almost no one else around him on the defense. But once everyone started hearing about him, then all of a sudden his stock rose. He was already projected to go to the Chiefs at 3 before the Combine. The Combine only solidfied his position. He will probably not go higher because it seems almost silly to grab a LB that high. But at the third spot, the Chiefs are at a flux position to where they could grab Curry and no one would question that move. Curry would make a great addition to the Chiefs.

warcrychief
03-03-2009, 11:06 PM
I still don't think you are getting much by taking a LB.

Also, third round O-linemen are not usually the answer. But high first round OTs generally are.

Most people dislike taking O-line, because those guys don't get spotlighted on ESPNs Plays Of The Week. But that is where our team has it's deficiencies.

Brandon Albert is an OG and should be playing there. He was an amazing prospect at OG. We can have that, and still get an amazing prospect for our LOT spot too.

The two biggest problems with our defense were Herm Edwards, and Jared Allen.

Jared Isn't coming back. But neither is Herm.

The switch to the 3-4 should generate instant pass-rush, to help replace JA.

And any coach who recognizes that you can't run the "Tampa-2" without a pass rushing DE is a great start in the right direction.

Between the new staff, and the decision to move to a 3-4, our defense is already leaps and bounds better than it was in '08.

I don't believe, as many do, that all of the players on defense need to be replaced.

Herm has been replaced, and I think that should take care of most of it.

Although, I don't really trust the new guys yet either.

I don't like that "BPA" nonsense. You take the best player for your team. <BPFYT>

I need to get that copywritten.:D

3 round OL arent the answers? tell that to Will Shields

Even when we had Jared Allen he did nothing to help stop the teams running a road thru us.

And yeah Herm made our offense worse. And defense no better. But it doesnt take a rocket scienctist to figure out that one.

How is switching to the 3-4 going to creat INSTANT pass rush? The Browns use that and only got 17 sacks last year?

:confused:

jtandcrew
03-04-2009, 09:02 AM
I heard a ideal situation that actually makes some sence off of sports radio since we now have Cassel.

It would be nice for Stafford to still be available at #3. That would be the best chance for us to trade down and still have a #1 and also get our #2 pick back and maybe another pick or 2. There is several teams that would be interested in Stafford.

chief31
03-04-2009, 11:37 AM
3 round OL arent the answers? tell that to Will Shields

Even when we had Jared Allen he did nothing to help stop the teams running a road thru us.

And yeah Herm made our offense worse. And defense no better. But it doesnt take a rocket scienctist to figure out that one.

How is switching to the 3-4 going to creat INSTANT pass rush? The Browns use that and only got 17 sacks last year?

:confused:

How many more is that than what we had? Even for a poorly run 3-4.

Sure. Some linemen make it from the later rounds. Just like some QBs do. But he odds are pretty slim as they are with any later picks.

Just as you can say "Will Shields", I can say Tom Brady and suggest trading Thigpen, so we can draft a QB later in the draft.

Except we would already have a starter at QB, and be missing starters on our o-line.

Find starters.

And we went from 13th in rushing yards allowed, in '07, to 31st in '08.

Jared Allen made a huge difference aside from the Sacks.

Codac
03-13-2009, 02:36 PM
whttp://ww.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d80f330d5&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

What do you think? If we go 3-4 I think thats a good idea.

fairladyZ
03-13-2009, 02:49 PM
Honestly i was going to post this up lastnight. But the more i think about it. If we are going to be running a hybrid 3-4, 4-3. Orakpo might not be a bad bet. Since he could play LB in the 3-4 and then put his hand down in the switch to 4-3.

I'm still on the Curry bandwagon but i like Orakpo aswell. I think either will be a monster in the NFL

bigpoppachief
03-13-2009, 05:42 PM
Honestly i was going to post this up lastnight. But the more i think about it. If we are going to be running a hybrid 3-4, 4-3. Orakpo might not be a bad bet. Since he could play LB in the 3-4 and then put his hand down in the switch to 4-3.

I'm still on the Curry bandwagon but i like Orakpo aswell. I think either will be a monster in the NFL

Exactly unless we could get both :D lol Seriosuly either one of those guys are going to be a serious upgrade. I dont see us passing on Curry if he is still there at 3 but if not Orapko is no constelation prize. He is a beast who will make people say DAMN THAT LOOKED PAINFUL !

yashi
03-13-2009, 06:30 PM
Orakpo could be a nasty pass rusher in a 3-4. I'd like to have him, but not at 3. I think if we miss out on Curry then we have to take Raji or Smith/Monroe.

fairladyZ
03-13-2009, 06:49 PM
i will throw my remote thru the TV if we take Raji at #3.
I just really don't like the guy. I have not been impressed by anything he has done. Wasn't impressed with his senior bowl. not impressed with his combine. And not impressed with the way he talks/interviews.

If curry is on the board i think we take him. If he is not then we go Monroe or Orakpo or Crabtree.

Diesel
03-13-2009, 07:03 PM
Orakpo could be a nasty pass rusher in a 3-4. I'd like to have him, but not at 3. I think if we miss out on Curry then we have to take Raji or Smith/Monroe.

If you are nervous about taking Orakpo at 3 then taking a player like Raji at 3 should scare the hell out of you!!!

hometeam
03-13-2009, 08:17 PM
if Curry is there at 3 and we dont take him I think it would be a poor chouce~

DT14PRIEST
03-13-2009, 09:22 PM
I think either Orakpo would be a reasonable fit considering the Chiefs named Pendergrast their DC and his defensive hybrid scheme revolving around a mix of 43/34 looks really is tailored to a guy with Orakpo's skill set. He'd do well to sure up the down 4/3 and really give Hali/Dorsey etc up front and on the edge some more room to work with.

He sort of reminds me of a Terrell Suggs proto-type LB/DE and if he turns out anything like Suggs it'd be more then a welcome addition.

Curry does well to sure up the the intermediate game with good pass coverage skills and decent rush ability and solid LB play. He'd be a fine addition to serve the team long term and really could be the corner stone of our defense with consistent playmaking rather then lights out play in which I think Orakpo is.

Truth of the matter is we need both of them as their games are not necessarily comparable in my eyes. I'd sit well with either Orakpo or Curry for the defense as I think they both can bring some much needed life to this defense.

Raji is out in my books; I was high on him earlier but now that some time has passed I've revaluated our needs and with Pendergrast coming in on defense a DT/NT has become a secondary need. Curry/Orakpo/OT in my opinion are the safest and most sound picks for the Chiefs to take in this draft. I'd be happy with either of them. Hell if Curry is on the board and Orakpo is there as well I could see the Chiefs possibly trading down a couple positions if they think its viable and a team within the top 10 really covets Curry ability.

Just an opinion.

honda522
03-13-2009, 10:30 PM
We have alot of holes to fill. I still say with Curry we go. But if he is gone, then Orakpo would be cool with me.

warcrychief
03-13-2009, 10:54 PM
We have alot of holes to fill. I still say with Curry we go. But if he is gone, then Orakpo would be cool with me.

Na it Curry or bust with me now. Even if we have to trade up.

Coach
03-13-2009, 11:55 PM
1. Aaron Curry
2. Eugene Monroe
3. Jason Smith

Best player left. Anything less would be uncivilized.
YouTube - Right Guard with Charles Barkley (1994)

AussieChiefsFan
03-13-2009, 11:57 PM
1. Aaron Curry
2. Eugene Monroe
3. Jason Smith

Best player left. Anything less would be uncivilized.
YouTube - Right Guard with Charles Barkley (1994) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sMm-nYsmx4)Isn't charles barkley that golfer with the horrible swing?:D

Coach
03-13-2009, 11:59 PM
Isn't charles barkley that golfer with the horrible swing?:D

Sorry, that commercial was made before you were born.

Charles Barkley - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Barkley)

AussieChiefsFan
03-14-2009, 12:56 AM
Sorry, that commercial was made before you were born.

Charles Barkley - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Barkley)ok, there's two charles barkley's. One that is a golfer and one that is a basketballer. And obviously you were talking bout the basketballer.

Vandelay
03-14-2009, 01:06 AM
ok, there's two charles barkley's. One that is a golfer and one that is a basketballer. And obviously you were talking bout the basketballer.
Yea, here's the golfer.YouTube - Charles Barkley Golfing

AussieChiefsFan
03-14-2009, 01:42 AM
Yea, here's the golfer.YouTube - Charles Barkley Golfing (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuZPIVpxNtE&feature=related):lol: :lol: :lol: :D

warcrychief
03-14-2009, 02:12 AM
Yea, here's the golfer.YouTube - Charles Barkley Golfing (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuZPIVpxNtE&feature=related)

OMG i was looking to duck after that swing :lol:

AussieChiefsFan
03-14-2009, 02:13 AM
OMG i was looking to duck after that swing :lol::funnypost:

jap1
03-14-2009, 04:02 AM
I have seen alot of people saying they want Orakpo. I personally dont think that would be the best use of the #3 pick. My argument against Orakpo:

If we draft Orakpo we are primarily drafting him for use as a DE in the 4-3. I agree he is probably the best DE in the draft. The problem I have is the fact that MOST DEs take at least two years before they develop into effective players. Show me one DE that made an impact in their 1st year, or even 2nd year, and I will show you 5 that are great now, but took a few years to develop. If we draft him, we have to understand that he is not going to come in and get 10 sacks. I would be surprised if he got more than 5. Taking time for him to develop would not be horrible, but I as many of you are impatient and want improvement in the pass rush today. Also, I would hate for us to spend top 3 money on a player that we are going to have to wait 2-3 years before we know if we are going to get a return on our investment.

Also, from what I have seen of him, he has great pass rushing skills, but I question his ability to be a run stuffer (which I think is equally important for our D). I will admit I have not seen a ton of his footage, so I could be wrong.

He has the possibility to play OLB in the 3-4, but I think that would be a reach. I think it would be the equivalent of Tamba Hali, or Jason Babin (who has a few years experience as a 3-4 OLB in the NFL) playing OLB. They would probably be ok, but not great. I can see Orakpo becoming a decent stand-up pass rusher, but I dont think he has the side to side speed to drop back in coverage or chase a RB to the sidelines. Once again I could be wrong.

I personally would rather (if Curry is gone) go OT and then grab a DE/OLB at the top of the 3rd, or the 2nd if we can pick up a 2nd rounder through some kind of trade.

Diesel
03-15-2009, 01:12 PM
There is absolutely no comparison between what Hali/Babin could do as 3-4 rush backer compared to Orakpo. And the fact that given the current state of our roster and the fact that personnel prohibits us from going to a full 3-4 I think in the 4-3 under scheme we will likely employ Orakpo could fill that "predator" role nicely.

KCraised
03-15-2009, 03:13 PM
Looking at the NFL.com combine footage of both players, Orakpo looks more aggressive and sharper to me than Curry. I think i'm up for picking him over Curry...just my opinion....

okikcfan
03-15-2009, 04:29 PM
Looking at the NFL.com combine footage of both players, Orakpo looks more aggressive and sharper to me than Curry. I think i'm up for picking him over Curry...just my opinion....

I feel Curry is the best pick over all in the long run and I think no that LB Peterson has gone to the Lions he will be ours for the taking.

warcrychief
03-15-2009, 05:43 PM
With our new D-coordinator pick. We are staying with 4-3 and to me that is the best bet with out losing our value with Dorsey last year and let alone all the other defensive picks that came before him.

tornadospotter
03-15-2009, 06:28 PM
Orakpo.

YouTube - Sports Center profiles Texas Longhorns DE Brian Orakpo

Curry.

YouTube - LB Aaron Curry Highlights Wake Forest 2008

Orakpo

YouTube - DE Brian Orakpo Highlights Texas 2008

Curry

YouTube - Wake Forest (Aaron Curry) powercleans 374

I would be happy with either one of them.

KCraised
03-15-2009, 08:25 PM
Sweet Jesus...515lb bench by Orakpo? Both these guys are monsters so we surely win, either way.....I wonder if Pioli trades down from the 3rd overall, how many picks are both supposed to last? Obviously, Curry will be gone in a hurry but how far through is Orakpo expected to last?
Btw, went upto Arrowhead this afternoon and took some pictures. Looking incredible and Kauffman is even better!!!:)

Chief Tyler
03-15-2009, 09:38 PM
If Orakpo slips past us, the browns, and the raiders, no way the Packers pass him up. If we really wanted him it's safest to stay at the number 3. Curry is probably going to be there, so that makes the decision tougher, but thats not a bad problem to have at all!

I wouldn't be opposed to trading down with Jacksonville if that was ever possible, haven't really looked at what they need, but thats probably the lowest spot that we could even consider Orakpo.

jap1
03-15-2009, 10:36 PM
If Orakpo slips past us, the browns, and the raiders, no way the Packers pass him up. If we really wanted him it's safest to stay at the number 3. Curry is probably going to be there, so that makes the decision tougher, but thats not a bad problem to have at all!

I wouldn't be opposed to trading down with Jacksonville if that was ever possible, haven't really looked at what they need, but thats probably the lowest spot that we could even consider Orakpo.

JAX is probably looking at OT, CB or WR

Bike
03-15-2009, 10:39 PM
This thread is a moot point. Curry, Monroe, or Smith will be available to us at #3. That should be the order we pick depending on whose gone. If that makes sense....

Chief Tyler
03-16-2009, 12:46 AM
This thread is a moot point. Curry, Monroe, or Smith will be available to us at #3. That should be the order we pick depending on whose gone. If that makes sense....

Yea, unless something major happens in terms of trade or a FA miracle or something I wouldn't use the number 3 on Orakpo. I would be okay with taking him later if we managed to trade down, pick up a second round as well.

pbatrucker
03-16-2009, 01:32 AM
Curry is the highest ranked player in the draft, if he's still there we have to take him at #3.
I think we're all a little disappointed in our FA pick ups so far. We have to address the center position with a free agent pick up or trade, there is only two highly rated centers in the draft and they'll both be gone in the first round. I believe there are still three centers rated higher than Niswanger left on the FA board. If we get a center and move Niswanger to RG our OL would be greatly improved.
It would also be possible that Gilbert out of San Jose would be available in the #rd round to fill our needs at DE. That would allow Hali to utilize his quickness as a pass rusher. JUst a few things to think about.
:bananen_smilies046:

pbatrucker
03-16-2009, 01:35 AM
Curry is the highest ranked player in the draft, if he's still there we have to take him at #3.
I think we're all a little disappointed in our FA pick ups so far. We have to address the center position with a free agent pick up or trade, there is only two highly rated centers in the draft and they'll both be gone in the first round. I believe there are still three centers rated higher than Niswanger left on the FA board. If we get a center and move Niswanger to RG our OL would be greatly improved.
It would also be possible that Gilbert out of San Jose would be available in the 3rd round to fill our needs at DE. That would allow Hali to utilize his quickness as a pass rusher. JUst a few things to think about.
:bananen_smilies046:

fairladyZ
03-16-2009, 04:15 AM
I just don't know i'm getting torn again on which one i want. I think both players are going to be studs in the NFL. About 3 months ago i was set on Orakpo. Then all the Curry talk started and i looked into him. Then i was dead set on Curry.

However with more and more thinking as of late. I'm starting to lean more back to orakpo. Why? Because of his versatility that i think could help this team. We plan to run a hybrid 34/43. He could play a down DE and then jump back to a OLB in the 34. It is a pretty well known fact that our front seven was HORRID last year. But was it really teh front seven or was it the front four? We all know the front seven made the safeties and corners look worse then they are. But maybe most of it was the front four making the back 7 look bad. Maybe we actually have a pretty decent LB core when they are not running around like chickens with there heads cut off because our front four let the QB sit back for days at a time. With the addition of Vrabel i think our LB core is a pretty stout group. Mainly Vrabel and DJ. Plus we just signed Mays, we still have Boiman who didn't look horrid not to mention Williams. So say we get curry and our front four struggles again. I'm sure they will improve abit cuz i don't think it can get worse but say its not much. Is curry going to be made to look like DJ and every other LB we have had? It's pretty obvious from his performances and tape that the kid is going to be good. Just is he going to be good for the chiefs?

Another thing that i have been noticing about orakpo. I been watching videos and interviews and the guy just comes off like DT. I know some people might get offended by that maybe but he just plays like the great DT in my eyes. If you watch when he comes off the edge for the QB he moves like DT and when he goes for the tackle he always seems to have one arm on the QB and one arm on the ball trying to rip it out. DT was known for swiping the ball out. Watch the videos of Orakpo and i think some of you will see it. The way he moves and the way he pursues. The guy is big, fast, strong as an ox, and he versatile.

I still wont' be upset with curry in red and gold one bit. But if he is indeed gone when we pick #3. I want Orakpo for sure. I do not think Orakpo is a reach at #3 anymore. I don't think he will make it past #5. And i think he would be a GREAT addition to our front 4. Not to mention we would have 2 of the Longhorns stud defensive players on our team. :)

tornadospotter
03-16-2009, 04:20 AM
I will be happy with either!!

fairladyZ
03-16-2009, 04:26 AM
I completely agree!!! aslong as we get one of the two... Hell remember when Mike Ditka traded all the saints picks for ricky williams?
*cough cough* Detroit needs a stock pile of players. We take their #1 for our #3,4,5,6,7
We get Curry, Orakpo, Cassell, Vrabel with our "Draft"
sign some OL in FA since there still a couple good ones left.

Our Defense just got REALLY good.

i joking of course!

kcmostwanted
03-17-2009, 01:50 AM
I say we draft someone to keep our precious Matt Cassel upright... If we don't upgrade that O line ...this year's going to be worse than last year.

Remember that Cass. was the most sacked QB last year because he held on to the ball too long.. W/ Big Mac playing RT again this year... Cass won't finish the season cause Steriod Shawn from SD will break him when we play SD.

AussieChiefsFan
03-17-2009, 05:43 AM
I say we draft someone to keep our precious Matt Cassel upright... If we don't upgrade that O line ...this year's going to be worse than last year.

Remember that Cass. was the most sacked QB last year because he held on to the ball too long.. W/ Big Mac playing RT again this year... Cass won't finish the season cause Steriod Shawn from SD will break him when we play SD.
Don't forget the defence though. if we get Aaron curry he will be a great start to rebuilding our defence. Also; WE WON"T HAVE A WORSE SEASON!!!!! I don't think it could have gotten much worse. So to sum what I think: I think we CAN make a 8-8 win-loss record in 2009. I sure we will do much better next season. So far so good in the off-season too.:yahoo:

Big Daddy Tek
03-17-2009, 09:22 AM
No way we pass on Derrick Thomas, oops I mean aaron Curry.

DT14PRIEST
03-17-2009, 06:32 PM

I think Orakpo's playstyle is more like Derrick Thomas then Curry's is.

chief31
03-18-2009, 03:10 AM

OH NO!! The ref has stopped the fight, and is taking a point away from Big Daddy Tek for an obvious low blow! That's gonna hurt his score. :D

Not even a remotely close comparison either.

Too bad for BDT. :D

tornadospotter
03-18-2009, 09:13 AM
OH NO!! The ref has stopped the fight, and is taking a point away from Big Daddy Tek for an obvious low blow! That's gonna hurt his score. :D

Not even a remotely close comparison either.

Too bad for BDT. :D
You like to do stats, why don't you do us a comparison of DT to Curry and Orakpo. Could be intresting to see.:11:

jmlamerson
03-18-2009, 12:45 PM
whttp://ww.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d80f330d5&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

What do you think? If we go 3-4 I think thats a good idea.

There's no way we pick a tweener DE/OLB like Orakpo at 3. If we trade down, we might pick him, but I still doubt it. We're going to pick a big mean LB or DT. Not an undersized DE to convert to OLB.

Diesel
03-18-2009, 08:42 PM
No way in hell we take a DT at #3! No more like an OT if we don't get Curry.

chief31
03-18-2009, 09:06 PM
You like to do stats, why don't you do us a comparison of DT to Curry and Orakpo. Could be intresting to see.:11:

I don't LIKE to. I just feel like I have to, to show what I am expressing.

Besides, college stats are off limits for me. :D

College has way too many teams.

tornadospotter
03-18-2009, 09:21 PM
I don't LIKE to. I just feel like I have to, to show what I am expressing.

Besides, college stats are off limits for me. :D

College has way too many teams.
:sign0153: :sign0148:

:frog2:

Codac
03-19-2009, 03:12 PM
Here is the latest mock draft.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d80f53f26&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

I still say we stay with OL.

jmlamerson
03-19-2009, 04:40 PM
Here is the latest mock draft.

Mock draft 4.0: Serious shakeup at the top (http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d80f53f26&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true)

I still say we stay with OL.

I'd say there's about a 0% chance of that draft happening past the top 2 picks.

jmlamerson
03-19-2009, 04:50 PM
No way in hell we take a DT at #3! No more like an OT if we don't get Curry.

If Smith and Monroe go 1 and 2, we're not going OL at 3.

pbatrucker
03-19-2009, 05:05 PM
:funnypost:
I'd say there's about a 0% chance of that draft happening past the top 2 picks.
Not a chance of that happening!! Everything I've read says browns ply is inconsistant. The last thing we need is GODZILLA on one play and WHIMPY on the next.

Codac
03-19-2009, 05:46 PM
Mocks always drive me crazy. Everyone knows there is no chance in heck we take him. Its gonna be one of the two OL or Curry. Fin.

tornadospotter
03-19-2009, 07:52 PM
I am now wanting the draft to get here and be done with.

AussieChiefsFan
03-20-2009, 05:50 AM
:armee_smilies069:

Codac
03-20-2009, 02:51 PM

Yea. Its either Curry, Smith or Monroe. Thats it. No one else worth 3. Maybe Crabtree but we have 9 WR so we should find at least 1 decent #2 in there.

Vandelay
03-20-2009, 05:18 PM
I'm tired of all the mock drafts. These guys really don't know any more than you or me, and when it comes to the Chiefs, probably less. Then you have these guys I've never heard of who's mocks are way out in left field just for the sake of being noticed. The draft can't get here soon enough.

127markaz
03-21-2009, 09:32 AM
Not a chance of that happening!! Everything I've read says browns ply is inconsistant. The last thing we need is GODZILLA on one play and WHIMPY on the next.
Whimpy? O.K.

Scout.com (http://kan.scout.com/2/849085.html)

Having watched Clancy the past 5 years here in AZ I'm guessing this is his guy.

Chiefster
03-21-2009, 10:02 AM
I have merged some mock draft threads.

127markaz
03-21-2009, 10:15 AM
Yea, here's the golfer.YouTube - Charles Barkley Golfing (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuZPIVpxNtE&feature=related)

Best response to a comment in 2009.

kelticrebel
03-21-2009, 06:16 PM
After releasing Pace, St. Louis will have to draft a tackle to replace him, so Curry should be there at 3.

Bike
03-21-2009, 06:21 PM
After releasing Pace, St. Louis will have to draft a tackle to replace him, so Curry should be there at 3.
St. Louis could still draft Curry. They could draft OL with later picks...

DT14PRIEST
03-21-2009, 08:56 PM
St. Louis could still draft Curry. They could draft OL with later picks...

This holds weight. STL drafted a LT (Alex Barron) replacement for Pace a couple years (2005) back in the first round converting him to RT to play in the wings. SO I could see them drafting Curry if they wanted to upgrade their defense. I could also see them drafting Crabtree since they released Torry Holt and are moving to the West Coast Offense.

Truth of the matter is, while I really like Curry, I'd rather the Chiefs trade down from #3, swapping firsts with a team and recouping a second. As much as I like Curry, as much as I like Orakpo, as much as Everette Brown is growing on me, none of them are worth #3 money.

If we dont trade down from #3 I'd like to see Eugene Monroe, personally, taken with the pick. I wouldn't have a problem with the Chiefs taking one of the 3 aformentioned above, really I'd be glad to have any one of them, I just don't think any of them are the lights out defensive player you draft that high.

AkChief49
03-21-2009, 09:01 PM

pssst! it's the 25th-26th:bananen_smilies046:

AussieChiefsFan
03-21-2009, 10:11 PM
pssst! it's the 25th-26th:bananen_smilies046:

You two........:lol:

topgonzo
03-22-2009, 11:30 AM
Orakpo IMO would be the worst way to go with the number 3 pick overall. OT or a LB would be a much better option. I have just flat out not been impressed by Orakpo's workouts and playing while at Texas. Has anyone else really watched film on him or seen his stats at the combine etc??

prough91
03-22-2009, 11:29 PM
I'm going to Arrowhead to watch the draft.

theaxeeffect4311
03-22-2009, 11:57 PM
Orakpo IMO would be the worst way to go with the number 3 pick overall. OT or a LB would be a much better option. I have just flat out not been impressed by Orakpo's workouts and playing while at Texas. Has anyone else really watched film on him or seen his stats at the combine etc??

I agree. Orakpo is good, but not worth third overall. And to add to that, I don't think Raji is worth it at third overall either.

slimdagreat
03-23-2009, 12:54 PM

Look at the OL problems they had last season, plus the fact that they went defense last season, and the cutting of Orlando Pace and the writing in on the wall for St Louis to take an OL.

Detroit is the only wildcard.

slimdagreat
03-23-2009, 12:55 PM
Look at the OL problems they had last season, plus the fact that they went defense last season, and the cutting of Orlando Pace and the writing in on the wall for St Louis to take an OL.

If they are going to go that route, I'd rather they trade down and get a 2nd rounder. Because Orakpu and Raji will both still be on the board by at least pick #11.

jmlamerson
03-23-2009, 12:58 PM
If they are going to go that route, I'd rather they trade down and get a 2nd rounder. Because Orakpu and Raji will both still be on the board by at least pick #11.

No. Raji isn't getting past the Bengals at 6.

slimdagreat
03-23-2009, 01:05 PM
No. Raji isn't getting past the Bengals at 6.

Did you see how Palmer and Fitzpatrick got killed by that horrible OL last season?

I'm sure they are going OL, they have to.

jmlamerson
03-23-2009, 01:18 PM
Did you see how Palmer and Fitzpatrick got killed by that horrible OL last season?

I'm sure they are going OL, they have to.

They aren't going OL in the 1st. They're going to stick with Levi Jones at LT next season at least, and they aren't taking a RT or interior lineman at 6. They'll get OL help in the later rounds, but not the 1st. And they need DL help just as badly (or worse) than they need OL help.

They are going to pick the best DL on the board. Probably Raji, if Seattle doesn't pick him at 4 or us at 3.

Bike
03-23-2009, 04:31 PM

Both Detroit and St. Louis have so many holes (as does KC) that they can and should take the best player on the board. Either one could easily grab Curry and address other positions (OL) later in the draft.

jmlamerson
03-23-2009, 05:01 PM
Both Detroit and St. Louis have so many holes (as does KC) that they can and should take the best player on the board. Either one could easily grab Curry and address other positions (OL) later in the draft.

I will bet you $100 that the Rams take a LT at #2.

Bike
03-23-2009, 05:10 PM
I will bet you $100 that the Rams take a LT at #2.
They could. Or they could take Crabtree or Curry. Or Lions could take either QB, OL, or Curry.
But yeah, safest picks for both teams is Smith and Monroe 1 and 2. Should leave us with Curry/Ragi.
I hope I just saved myself 100 bucks. I need for beer and wings on draft day...:bananen_smilies046:

yashi
03-23-2009, 05:20 PM
honestly, I don't even care who it is as long as it's Curry, Raji, Smith, or Monroe. I mean we're going to end up with either the best player on the board, a massive beast to anchor the DL, or a great OT to bring us up to 2 young studs on the OL. Not a whole lot to complain about in any scenario.

jmlamerson
03-23-2009, 05:30 PM
honestly, I don't even care who it is as long as it's Curry, Raji, Smith, or Monroe. I mean we're going to end up with either the best player on the board, a massive beast to anchor the DL, or a great OT to bring us up to 2 young studs on the OL. Not a whole lot to complain about in any scenario.

Amen, my friend.

DT14PRIEST
03-23-2009, 10:49 PM
They aren't going OL in the 1st. They're going to stick with Levi Jones at LT next season at least, and they aren't taking a RT or interior lineman at 6. They'll get OL help in the later rounds, but not the 1st. And they need DL help just as badly (or worse) than they need OL help.

They are going to pick the best DL on the board. Probably Raji, if Seattle doesn't pick him at 4 or us at 3.

They've been reportedly shopping Levi Jones to looking at value meaning they're not sold on him and the possibility of the Bengals taking an OT at 6 is likely pending how it plays out.

The safest and most sound pick for the Chiefs at this point if we are unable to trade down from 3 is to take an OT. Eugene Monroe and Branden Albert on the Left side of the ball has the potential to be the next generation Roaf/better Waters for a long time to come.

I'm still not sold on Raji. Despite his impressive showing at the senior bowl he hasn't done enough to warrant a selection that high, in my opininon, for a team like us who hasn't sold itself completely to the 34. Yea he's strong and pretty quick off the snap but Tank is stronger and just as quick he's merely 15 pounds too light to transition to NT at the moment coming in at 306. But he has the ability to transition and posses all the physical tools necessary to be that guy.

Curry at 3 doesn't make sense simplye from a financial point of view. Curry is the next AJ Hawk, a great LB that knows his position, plays smart, makes tackles, and really solidfies a LB corps, but isn't a lights out threat that you usually draft that high. AJ Hawk plays well and after being taken 5th overall a couple years back is a tackling machine and run stuffer at OLB that the Pack was looking for. Curry flashes that potential, if not more so, then Hawk and really has the potential to be a better LB in the mold of a Bart Scott (an overshadowed production house)

That being said though if we do take him at 3 I'd be more then happy to have him here; hell I'd be ecstatic. He does fill a need and did flash a potential to get to the QB when asked to at Wake Forest. I could be just blowing steam here but he could develop into a rush LB judging from what I've seen of him in games when he actually did blitz so he could develop into a quality rush LB in a 34 yet with enough potential to play outside of the 34 when asked to if he needed to drop into coverage.

So at the end of the day like Yashi said: Curry, Smith, Monroe etc... they all fill a need for this team and all would be welcome at number 3. I won't pidgeonhole myself into saying that we need one over the other because we could use them all, so whoever we get at 3 is who we get at 3 and I like our choices

slimdagreat
03-24-2009, 07:27 AM

Well Seattle just traded for a DT, so they're not taking him. We took a DT with last year's 1st pick, so we aren't either.

slimdagreat
03-24-2009, 07:30 AM

True, but I think unless the Cutler-Detroit trade happens they are going to draft what they haven't had, well ever....a franchise QB. Detroit could go Curry, but unless they trade down, teams never draft LBs with the #1 overall pick.

St Louis basically came out and said they are going with an OL when they cut Orlando Pace. Given the fact that priority #1 for them is fixing the OL and there's a franchise OT there, its a no brainer, at least to me it is.

jmlamerson
03-24-2009, 09:57 AM
Well Seattle just traded for a DT, so they're not taking him. We took a DT with last year's 1st pick, so we aren't either.

It doesn't matter what what we did last year. This is a new regime and they want the players to run their schemes.

Chief Tyler
03-24-2009, 10:03 AM

4-3 requires two DT's. We have one. 3-4 requires 1 big DT, we have Tank (lol?)

Vanilla Garilla
03-24-2009, 10:27 AM
Actually this quote is very smart, as those of us who have watched many of drafts have seen teams repeatedly pick the player that fits in best with their needs and not the best player in the draft.

Action4242
03-24-2009, 07:59 PM
This pick has to go to Curry. Anything else will be a shock...

AussieChiefsFan
03-25-2009, 03:32 AM
This pick has to go to Curry. Anything else will be a shock...:hypocrite:

figcrostic
03-25-2009, 03:00 PM

Good I hope they take Orakpo we need a DE way more then a LB we need some damn sacks

Chiefs_Expert
03-25-2009, 11:59 PM
Its simple do you want someone who Specializes in tackles or someone who specializes in Sacks.

Know that we have add Vrabel who does both and we have a healthy D. Williams and Dj always comes through we do not need a LB PERIOD.PERIOD.

So the worst thing we lacked last year was our sacking capabilities so Orakpo is our man he is 6' 4 270lbs that can run faster then Mario, Jared, Peppers, and almost as fast as Curry. Except Curry is not a sack master like Orakpo.

I used to say we chould go Jason Smith but he'll be gone then I siad we should go Eugene Menroe but if you think about it our QB didn't get sacked that much and our Rushing wasn't that bad. So really all we need on our O-line is a RT Orlando Pace could hold it over until 2011 or until we find him a replacement and who better to teach our rookies then him. So one more threat at WR or One bad MO-FO at DE Orakpo. Your call. CURRY IS A NO GO FOR THE CHIEFS. YOU HEARD IT HERE.

Chief Tyler
03-26-2009, 12:48 AM
Its simple do you want someone who Specializes in tackles or someone who specializes in Sacks.

Know that we have add Vrabel who does both and we have a healthy D. Williams and Dj always comes through we do not need a LB PERIOD.PERIOD.

So the worst thing we lacked last year was our sacking capabilities so Orakpo is our man he is 6' 4 270lbs that can run faster then Mario, Jared, Peppers, and almost as fast as Curry. Except Curry is not a sack master like Orakpo.

I used to say we chould go Jason Smith but he'll be gone then I siad we should go Eugene Menroe but if you think about it our QB didn't get sacked that much and our Rushing wasn't that bad. So really all we need on our O-line is a RT Orlando Pace could hold it over until 2011 or until we find him a replacement and who better to teach our rookies then him. So one more threat at WR or One bad MO-FO at DE Orakpo. Your call. CURRY IS A NO GO FOR THE CHIEFS. YOU HEARD IT HERE.

You've got to be a Donkey fan to say something like that homie. Vrabel might not be able to be an every down player next year, let alone for a few years. Demorrio Williams is decent, but nothing to be excited about, we have Beisel now, but to say we're fine at linebacker is stupid.

As far as the second half of your argument is concerned, yes we put points on the board. Enough to keep us in games. But was our offense consistent? Certainly not, we couldn't control the clock and we couldn't control the game in the second half at all. You can't be sure that Pace could play for us at a high level for more than a quarter, let alone the next few years.

I don't know why I continue, the both of you are incredibly obnoxious and not too bright, but I'm done after this.

chiefsforever01
03-27-2009, 01:26 PM
This pick should go to Curry, the whole idea of the 3-4 is to get players that are versatile, can blitz from anywhere. Curry may not have had many sacks in college, but perhaps that was Wake's system. He's fast, I mean really fast, and along with DJ will create pressure from different places. Besides all that, Vrabel has put together some as well. 3 out of 4 linebackers are finished for the system.

Chief Tyler
03-27-2009, 07:40 PM
This pick should go to Curry, the whole idea of the 3-4 is to get players that are versatile, can blitz from anywhere. Curry may not have had many sacks in college, but perhaps that was Wake's system. He's fast, I mean really fast, and along with DJ will create pressure from different places. Besides all that, Vrabel has put together some as well. 3 out of 4 linebackers are finished for the system.

System is the keyword. The system doesn't work unless you have all the parts in place, and while all parts are equally important, I'd say only the line acts as the framework. For starters I wouldn't say Curry would be bad, I'd be happy if to get him. But right now Raji seems to make more sense, a good DT makes the team better as far as being able to successfully do a job more-so than a LB would. I don't think you draft Curry to be a sack machine, if you want to draft specifically for that purpose you could hope for a trade down with the likes of Philly. Maybe end up with a LB/DE combo in the first.

Right now with the picks we have I'm hoping for something like:

1. Raji
3. Krueger
4. LB/OL
5. S/LB/OL
6. S/LB/OL

It's tough though, this is a huge project and it won't be a one year fix. You could stick with Curry and go DL/OL next year. There are some really good prosects on both sides of the ball, such as Terrance Cody, Boo Robinson, Jarvis Jenkins, Carlos Dunlap (all DL) and another fairly deep OT class for next year.

I tend to agree with Herm on one point though (even if he couldn't back it up). You play to win, and for next year I think Raji gives us a better chance at winning that Curry would.

fairladyZ
03-28-2009, 02:55 AM
Kirwan's new mock has us taking Orakpo

Chiefster
03-28-2009, 03:03 AM
Kirwan's new mock has us taking Orakpo

It'll be interesting to see.

AussieChiefsFan
03-28-2009, 04:49 AM
It'll be interesting to see.
:pokey::lol:

Bike
03-28-2009, 11:51 AM
Monroe or Ragi.

PeteCarroll
03-31-2009, 03:33 AM
I know I'm a newbie here and it might be unpopular but really I still think we should take Stafford if he is there. Another alternative is to trade down which at 3 is nearly impossible and take Sanchez. I have ZERO faith in ole #7.

pbatrucker
03-31-2009, 05:35 AM
I know I'm a newbie here and it might be unpopular but really I still think we should take Stafford if he is there. Another alternative is to trade down which at 3 is nearly impossible and take Sanchez. I have ZERO faith in ole #7.
:sign0153: You really know nothing about our needs or our roster.

127markaz
03-31-2009, 09:44 AM
:sign0153: You really know nothing about our needs or our roster.
Nice thing about opinions is that everybody's entitled to have one. By the way, your favorite Chiefs player (DT) spelled his first name D-E-R-R-I C-K.

Chief Tyler
03-31-2009, 10:12 AM
The above wasn't an opinion, it was just asinine. Lets go ahead and pick up our QBOTF with a 2nd round trade and then draft one in the first, yep, that'll put our team on the right track for sure.

PeteCarroll
03-31-2009, 01:27 PM
Matt Cassel is no one's QBOTF. He was decent last year in a great system. Time will tell however, but I have seen this guy since high school and he was a better baseball player than a QB.

Needless to say I have never been a fan of his, and probably never will. I just think he is overrated.

jmlamerson
03-31-2009, 01:54 PM
Matt Cassel is no one's QBOTF. He was decent last year in a great system. Time will tell however, but I have seen this guy since high school and he was a better baseball player than a QB.

Needless to say I have never been a fan of his, and probably never will. I just think he is overrated.

That opinion doesn't make it any smarter to want to draft a QB in the 1st round.

PeteCarroll
03-31-2009, 02:01 PM
That opinion doesn't make it any smarter to want to draft a QB in the 1st round.

My thinking is Cassel is a bust and these two guys are the best pro style QB's coming out in a while. We won't have the opportunity to take a QB that played in a pro style in college with this kind of talent for a few years. I also don't think we will be bad enough to have the #1 pick overall next year so Bradford is probably out, although a spread QB the best of them, occasionally takes snaps under center. McCoy and Tebow are straight spread guys and that style by and large has not translated well into the NFL. You can't play out of the shotgun every play in the NFL.

wichitaj
03-31-2009, 02:09 PM

by newbie do you mean a newbie to the tv, internet, papers, reading, listen, etc....

On a side note, how big was that rock you were under??

PeteCarroll
03-31-2009, 02:10 PM
by newbie do you mean a newbie to the tv, internet, papers, reading, listen, etc....

On a side note, how big was that rock you were under??

How's that Kool Aid treating you?

Canada
03-31-2009, 02:53 PM

ah the ever popular Kool aid remark!! What's wrong, nothing original to say? Call him a Homer, not wait...tell him to take off his rose colored glasses.

Take a look man, new GM, New HC, new coaching staff, new players. Get over the past man. Do't hate for the sake of hating.

127markaz
03-31-2009, 04:58 PM
My thinking is Cassel is a bust...
Well, I tried to soften attacks earlier because everyone IS entitled to an opinion, but now you are really getting out there. I can live with you wanting to draft Stafford or Sanchez or Willie Nelson, that's your opinion, but how in the hell do you support the "Cassell is a bust" statement? Was it that 11-5 showing last year that gave it away? Maybe he will be a bust in Red and Gold, but he's going to have to prove it first. Until then, let's enjoy a new beginning. CHIEFS!!!:victory:

Codac
04-02-2009, 04:37 AM
Hold on. Didn't I post this? Why does it say Honda posted this?

AussieChiefsFan
04-02-2009, 04:40 AM
Hold on. Didn't I post this? Why does it say Honda posted this?
Well he started the thread..........

127markaz
04-02-2009, 09:57 AM
Hold on. Didn't I post this? Why does it say Honda posted this?:sign0153:

prough91
04-02-2009, 10:26 AM
ah the ever popular Kool aid remark!! What's wrong, nothing original to say? Call him a Homer, not wait...tell him to take off his rose colored glasses.

Take a look man, new GM, New HC, new coaching staff, new players. Get over the past man. Do't hate for the sake of hating.

I HATE running out of beer.

wichitaj
04-02-2009, 12:20 PM

So you would rather have an unproven quarterback , than take a guy that has a year of solid NFL experience and knows the ins and outs of how the Pro game works. Brilliant, go have another beer.:drunkhb:

Canada
04-03-2009, 08:49 AM
So you would rather have an unproven quarterback , than take a guy that has a year of solid NFL experience and knows the ins and outs of how the Pro game works. Brilliant, go have another beer.:drunkhb:

Don't give that fool any beer!! :beer:

okikcfan
04-05-2009, 02:01 AM
1. Detroit Lions: Jason Smith, OT, Baylor. Lions will try to negotiate a deal before the draft. They pass on Stafford as they try to anchor their O-line.
2. St. Louis Rams: Aaron Curry, LB, Wake Forest. The defensive minded Steve Spagnuolo gets someone to anchor the unit.
3. Kansas City Chiefs: Eugene Monroe, OT, Virginia.
4. Seattle Seahawks: Matthew Stafford, QB, Georgia. Can learn the rope behind Matt Hasselbeck for a year or two.
5. Cleveland Browns: Brian Orakpo, DE/OLB, Texas.
6. Cincinnati Bengals: Michael Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech. Bengals get a receiver to run alongside Ocho Cinco.
7. Oakland Raiders: B.J. Raji, DT, Boston College. Raiders don’t pay much attention to the recent controversy surrounding Raji.
8. Jacksonville Jaguars: Mark Sanchez, QB,
Southern California.

AussieChiefsFan
04-05-2009, 02:10 AM
1. Detroit Lions: Jason Smith, OT, Baylor. Lions will try to negotiate a deal before the draft. They pass on Stafford as they try to anchor their O-line.
2. St. Louis Rams: Aaron Curry, LB, Wake Forest. The defensive minded Steve Spagnuolo gets someone to anchor the unit.
3. Kansas City Chiefs: Eugene Monroe, OT, Virginia.
4. Seattle Seahawks: Matthew Stafford, QB, Georgia. Can learn the rope behind Matt Hasselbeck for a year or two.
5. Cleveland Browns: Brian Orakpo, DE/OLB, Texas.
6. Cincinnati Bengals: Michael Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech. Bengals get a receiver to run alongside Ocho Cinco.
7. Oakland Raiders: B.J. Raji, DT, Boston College. Raiders don’t pay much attention to the recent controversy surrounding Raji.
8. Jacksonville Jaguars: Mark Sanchez, QB,
Southern California.

This is how it should be but not neccesserily will be:
St. Louis Rams: No-one. The defensive minded Steve Spagnuolo gets someone to anchor the unit.

Kansas City Chiefs: Aaron Curry, LB, Wake Forest.:lol::bananen_smilies046:

okikcfan
04-05-2009, 01:24 PM
I myself would love to have Curry but I just don't see it unless Pioli does what I've heard he does best and that's wheel and deal, I can't wait till draft day!

okikcfan
04-05-2009, 01:28 PM
Also you know with McD/Donkies having 2 first round picks and needing a QB really bad they will be looking to move up also, and you know how these trades have worked in the past, this could get very interesting........

jap1
04-05-2009, 06:42 PM
Also you know with McD/Donkies having 2 first round picks and needing a QB really bad they will be looking to move up also, and you know how these trades have worked in the past, this could get very interesting........

Maybe Pioli can use his Patriots history with McDaniels and the Donks to trade down. I would be happy with their #12 pick and their 2nd rounder.

I would love to pick up any of the USC LB's (Cushing, Maualuga, or Matthews) and then use the 2nd round pick to grab someone like Ron Brace. Then get either a 3-4 DE or a RT in the 3rd.

With a draft of LB, NT, and RT or DE we would have filled almost all of our biggest holes, assuming none of them are busts (yeah I know King Carl is gone but the therapy for my PTSD is still not kicking in)

Canada
04-06-2009, 08:22 AM
Maybe Pioli can use his Patriots history with McDaniels and the Donks to trade down. I would be happy with their #12 pick and their 2nd rounder.

I would love to pick up any of the USC LB's (Cushing, Maualuga, or Matthews) and then use the 2nd round pick to grab someone like Ron Brace. Then get either a 3-4 DE or a RT in the 3rd.

With a draft of LB, NT, and RT or DE we would have filled almost all of our biggest holes, assuming none of them are busts (yeah I know King Carl is gone but the therapy for my PTSD is still not kicking in)

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

theaxeeffect4311
04-06-2009, 09:54 PM

If we were to trade with the Broncos, it would be for both picks, 12 and 18. It's the only way that trade would be appealing to the Chiefs.

chiefsfreak4life
04-06-2009, 10:02 PM
If we were to trade with the Broncos, it would be for both picks, 12 and 18. It's the only way that trade would be appealing to the Chiefs.
Why? a second would be appealing if you ask me. But if the donks wouldn't give up the two First rounders, I would be happy with their #1 (12) their #2 and a 4th.

tornadospotter
04-09-2009, 10:15 AM
Where will Orakpo play.
NFL Video Galleries (http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80fad51f)

pachiefsfan
04-09-2009, 10:44 AM
dude you been a fan for seven yrs. nd u think we need to take a qb wow please dont ever talk about my beloved chiefs again

pachiefsfan
04-09-2009, 10:52 AM
orakpo what for he dont fit what we want to do,plus come on guys give dorsey and tank a chance to grow, dont think we need to tie up more big money on a dlineman especially if currys there

pbatrucker
04-09-2009, 11:06 AM
Where will Orakpo play.
NFL Video Galleries (http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80fad51f)
I watched this video early this morning. Makes me feel even stronger that Curry should be our choice if we don't trade down.
:11:

theaxeeffect4311
04-10-2009, 02:13 AM
Why? a second would be appealing if you ask me. But if the donks wouldn't give up the two First rounders, I would be happy with their #1 (12) their #2 and a 4th.

Trade value. Even for the 12th (1,200) and 18th pick (900), we are still off by 100 to equal the third overall (2,200). But at that point, the Chiefs have to decide whether or not they see Sanchez as a threat to face him twice a season. If they think he'll be good, then don't trade. If they think he'll bust, then trade with them and grab as many picks as possible. Draft picks are not enough when it comes trading to divisional rivals. Why would you help a team grab a player to give them a better chance at beating your team?

Canada
04-10-2009, 08:30 AM
Trade value. Even for the 12th (1,200) and 18th pick (900), we are still off by 100 to equal the third overall (2,200). But at that point, the Chiefs have to decide whether or not they see Sanchez as a threat to face him twice a season. If they think he'll be good, then don't trade. If they think he'll bust, then trade with them and grab as many picks as possible. Draft picks are not enough when it comes trading to divisional rivals. Why would you help a team grab a player to give them a better chance at beating your team?

Because it would help us to imporve. They are gonna grab two first round players that are going to make them better. Why not let them take the unproven QB who won 16 games with a great team and fill some of the gaping holes we have on our team!! :bananen_smilies046:

okikcfan
04-11-2009, 12:57 PM
It is said that this years QB talent in the draft is not great. It is also said that next year will be better. I for one am not all that in to college ball tho I do like to watch my home town boys (USC) every once in a while. So with that being said I for one have to go by what has been written. Also being a football fan forever I have seen players come that were to be Great and go because they sucked. San Diego and Leif comes to mind, So who cares if Denver picks Sanchez or not, I have seen him play and he's not the best to come out of the draft. All of my faith this year is in Pioli's hands. This is just one of the reasons he is here, he is very good at what he does. And from what I've heard from Haley, I like him. So I for One don't really give a flying Rats A$$ who get what, it's what we get that should be our main concern.

theaxeeffect4311
04-11-2009, 05:42 PM
Because it would help us to imporve. They are gonna grab two first round players that are going to make them better. Why not let them take the unproven QB who won 16 games with a great team and fill some of the gaping holes we have on our team!! :bananen_smilies046:

Don't get me wrong, I think it would be great for Denver to take a Sanchez. It's surprising how he rose through the draft because the other QBs went back to school. So if Denver thinks they need Sanchez, you take that deal as long as they give you both those first rounds (more on top of that would be nice). But it all depends on what Pioli wants to do. He may feel comfortable sitting at 3rd overall and grabbing Monroe. Albert is great, but Monroe is better, so with those two as our bookends, this line would be in place for the next ten years to protect Cassel. If Pioli wants to put a lot of money into Cassel, then he'll need him to not be injured. This draft will be interesting. It will say a lot of what Pioli thinks of this team. Just two weeks away.

Chief Tyler
04-11-2009, 06:43 PM
Don't get me wrong, I think it would be great for Denver to take a Sanchez. It's surprising how he rose through the draft because the other QBs went back to school. So if Denver thinks they need Sanchez, you take that deal as long as they give you both those first rounds (more on top of that would be nice). But it all depends on what Pioli wants to do. He may feel comfortable sitting at 3rd overall and grabbing Monroe. Albert is great, but Monroe is better, so with those two as our bookends, this line would be in place for the next ten years to protect Cassel. If Pioli wants to put a lot of money into Cassel, then he'll need him to not be injured. This draft will be interesting. It will say a lot of what Pioli thinks of this team. Just two weeks away.

The only problem I have with drafting Monroe is that we're essentially saying that we're using that pick on a LG or RT by moving Albert over. We have a lot of other pressing needs and we can get starting guards/RT's later. I would be more open to trading down if possible, getting Denver's firsts would be a miracle (lets hope Seattle expresses interest in a QB). But if we could pick up a defensive stud like maybe Jacskon or Brown, I would be more open to picking a guy like Oher at 18.

jamesald
04-12-2009, 03:54 PM
There are various ways to go with this draft. To me, Orakpo isn't even an option at 3. If we keep the third pick, it has to be Curry. He can contribute from day one, but the chiefs need to find a way to pick up an additional 2nd round pick. There are more holes to fill, which include nose tackle, right tackle, center, and defensive ends that can play in the 3-4. I would love to see the chiefs get a player like Ron Brace in the 2nd round, RB such as Shon Greene or Javon Ringer in the 3rd or 4th, then pick up the offensive lineman.

theaxeeffect4311
04-12-2009, 06:10 PM
The only problem I have with drafting Monroe is that we're essentially saying that we're using that pick on a LG or RT by moving Albert over. We have a lot of other pressing needs and we can get starting guards/RT's later. I would be more open to trading down if possible, getting Denver's firsts would be a miracle (lets hope Seattle expresses interest in a QB). But if we could pick up a defensive stud like maybe Jacskon or Brown, I would be more open to picking a guy like Oher at 18.

But you are forgetting that Monroe is better than Albert. Monroe is the reason why Albert played Guard. Albert (15th overall) is better than Oher (18th if we had the pick). It is basically the same spot in the draft, so it's the same value for either player as RT. So we would still get our value's worth. Jackson or Brown would not be bad choices, but it all depends if we can trade down. I think the best trade down for us would be with Seattle or Cleveland so they can grab Curry. Then we grab a second round and get Monroe (hopefully Seattle grabs either Sanchez or Crabtree). Grab a LB high in the second which means we can grab whatever LB falls out of the first or Sintim. Then in the third, grab either a OG or OC (Caldwell would be good to face the NTs in our division). That's my dream draft, but I know it's almost impossible for us to trade down in the draft. So Monroe or Curry, both are good to take at 3.

chief31
04-13-2009, 02:19 AM

That is a different way of looking at upgrading the LOT and the ROT spots with a single pick.

But, to each, his own.

There are various ways to go with this draft. To me, Orakpo isn't even an option at 3. If we keep the third pick, it has to be Curry. He can contribute from day one, but the chiefs need to find a way to pick up an additional 2nd round pick. There are more holes to fill, which include nose tackle, right tackle, center, and defensive ends that can play in the 3-4. I would love to see the chiefs get a player like Ron Brace in the 2nd round, RB such as Shon Greene or Javon Ringer in the 3rd or 4th, then pick up the offensive lineman.

Yep. Because getting O-linemen in the fifth and sixth round has been working so well for us lately.

(Where is the "Sarcasm" sign smilie at?!?!?!?):D

TrueArrows
04-15-2009, 01:27 AM
Detroit won't take a quterback for their first pick and neither will the rams. Both these teams will take players to fit there greatest weakness which is defense. I think KC will either take Crabtree or linemen. I say roll the dice and take Crabtree.

yashi
04-15-2009, 10:32 AM
Detroit won't take a quterback for their first pick and neither will the rams. Both these teams will take players to fit there greatest weakness which is defense. I think KC will either take Crabtree or linemen. I say roll the dice and take Crabtree.
I would put money on Stafford going first to the Lions and Jason Smith to the Rams. And I'd almost put money on us taking Curry right now.

pbatrucker
04-15-2009, 10:40 AM
Let's, you know i'm old and my memory is pretty bad, but wasn't that detroit that drafted WR FOR LIKE THREE YEARS IN A ROW. You don't draft WR when you have as many holes to fill as we do. Curry, OT, NT, DE, any of these would help, but a WR won't do much good if the offense can't get the ball back and when they do the QB is laying on his back.
:11:

jamesald
04-15-2009, 04:00 PM
That is a different way of looking at upgrading the LOT and the ROT spots with a single pick.

But, to each, his own.

Yep. Because getting O-linemen in the fifth and sixth round has been working so well for us lately.

(Where is the "Sarcasm" sign smilie at?!?!?!?):D

Herb Taylor is a guy that has played well whenever he got the opportunity at left tackle. Barry Richardson is another tackle we drafted last year, so it really depends on whether or not the new staff believes that these guys can play right tackle effectively. If the new staff doesn't like Albert at left tackle, then they will take an offensive tackle in the first round. Mcintosh doesn't even need to remain on the roster in my opinion. If Waters remains on the roster, guard is a solid position with the addition of Goff. Center needs to be addressed because Niswanger isn't gonna get the job done.

Bike
04-15-2009, 04:10 PM
Herb Taylor is a guy that has played well whenever he got the opportunity at left tackle. Barry Richardson is another tackle we drafted last year, so it really depends on whether or not the new staff believes that these guys can play right tackle effectively. If the new staff doesn't like Albert at left tackle, then they will take an offensive tackle in the first round. Mcintosh doesn't even need to remain on the roster in my opinion. If Waters remains on the roster, guard is a solid position with the addition of Goff. Center needs to be addressed because Niswanger isn't gonna get the job done.
maybe Goff at center, move Rudy over...

yashi
04-16-2009, 10:21 AM
I've changed my mind yet again about how we should draft...

I now keep LJ and still assume Tony G is traded to Atlanta for the 55th pick.

1.) Eugene Monroe (LT - Albert moves to G)
2.) Jarron Gilbert (DE)
3.) Chris Baker (NT)
4.) Brandon Williams (OLB - Pass rusher)
5.) T.J. Lang (RT)
6.) TE
7.) ILB
7.) DE

tornadospotter
04-19-2009, 07:42 PM
I was looking for some full mock draft predictions for the Chiefs, this is one I found.
Round 1
Eugene Monroe OT
Round 3
Cody Brown DE
YouTube - DE Cody Brown Highlights Connecticut vs Buffalo 2009

Round 4
Austin Collie WR BYU
YouTube - Austin Collie Tribute

Round 5
Terrance Knighton DT Temple
YouTube - Terrance Knighton NFL Combine

Round 6
Zack Potter DE Nebraska
YouTube - NFL Huskers - 2009 NFL Combine - 2

Round 7
Graham Gano K FSU
YouTube - g.gano

Domique Johnson CB Jackson State.

theaxeeffect4311
04-20-2009, 01:12 AM
I like that draft, but I think the Chiefs need a OC in the fourth. Plus, there needs to be more linebackers. But this looks pretty good.

pbatrucker
04-21-2009, 07:02 AM
I like that draft, but I think the Chiefs need a OC in the fourth. Plus, there needs to be more linebackers. But this looks pretty good.
I like Antoine Caldwell OC, Alabama in the forth rd. He can move those big NT.
:bananen_smilies046: :11:

theaxeeffect4311
04-21-2009, 09:30 PM
I like Antoine Caldwell OC, Alabama in the forth rd. He can move those big NT.

I'm also liking Caldwell (that's actually why I mentioned the fourth round). But he's moving up boards for unknown reasons and we may have to take him in the third if we want him or move back into the third somehow.

DT14PRIEST
04-23-2009, 04:35 AM
(going by the pick avalible to the Chiefs on 4-22-2009)

Was thinking of drawing up a mock anyway:

1. Eugene Monroe, OT (Virginia)
3. Lawrence Sidbury, DE/OLB (Richmond)
4. Sammie Lee Hill, NT (Stillman)
5. Antoine Caldwell, C (Alabama)
6. Dallas Reynolds, OG (BYU)
7. Daniel Holtzclaw, ILB (Eastern Michigan)
7. Kevin Patterson, S (Wake Forest)

So...

3 picks on the O-line
1 on the D-Line
1 LB
1 'Tweener'
1 Saftey

pbatrucker
04-23-2009, 12:55 PM
[quote=DT14PRIEST;131577](going by the pick avalible to the Chiefs on 4-22-2009)

Was thinking of drawing up a mock anyway:

1. Eugene Monroe, OT (Virginia)
3. Lawrence Sidbury, DE/OLB (Richmond)
4. Sammie Lee Hill, NT (Stillman)
5. Antoine Caldwell, C (Alabama)
6. Dallas Reynolds, OG (BYU)
7. Daniel Holtzclaw, ILB (Eastern Michigan)
7. Kevin Patterson, S (Wake Forest)

So...

3 picks on the O-line
1 on the D-Line
1 LB
1 'Tweener'
1 Saftey[/quote
Not a bad mock except:
From the scouting reports I've read Sammie Lee Hill is carring to much weight and will play better as a 3-4 DE, doesn't have the strenght for NT.
Caldwell might not be available in 4th rd and will definatley be gone before the 5th.

brish
04-23-2009, 12:58 PM
i have a hard time believing our 3rd round choice will be a starter...

Get a center og guard there, and he might be a starter..

jmlamerson
04-23-2009, 01:16 PM
Get a center og guard there, and he might be a starter..

An ILB or FS could start as well.

Pro_Angler
04-23-2009, 02:53 PM
ok guys curry has accepted an offer from detrot I guess the trade down is screwed. so now we have either jackson or orakpo

DT14PRIEST
04-23-2009, 04:37 PM
Not a bad mock except:
From the scouting reports I've read Sammie Lee Hill is carring to much weight and will play better as a 3-4 DE, doesn't have the strenght for NT.
Caldwell might not be available in 4th rd and will definatley be gone before the 5th.

- I read that Sammie Lee Hill was versatile enough to play NT or DE in the 3-4 which bodes well for a team that has no inkling as to what it really has on the roster as of now.

- I reached for Caldwell falling to the 5th. From the scout reports I've looked over his stock range was anywhere from 3-5.

Lot of mocks and scout reports say different things. I've seen Holtzclaw as early as 5 all the way to UDFA so anything can happen I suppose.

yashi
04-23-2009, 04:42 PM
I've read that Sammie Lee Hill might be too soft and not strong enough to play NT. I'd be OK with him, but I think Chris Baker out of Hampton should be our guy with the 3rd round pick. There will be pass rushers available in the 4th round like Brandon Williams and Brandon Long. We can always use more Brandons on our defense.

It's really too bad we couldn't get a 2nd rounder this year for Tony because Ron Brace would have been perfect had he fell to #55.

jmlamerson
04-23-2009, 04:45 PM
ok guys curry has accepted an offer from detrot I guess the trade down is screwed. so now we have either jackson or orakpo

That's not correct.

jap1
04-23-2009, 08:02 PM

Detroit is still trying to negotiate with Stafford. The rumor is that if that falls through, they already have worked out a contract with Curry. The way I see it if they take Curry, then maybe someone will want to trade us for Stafford. If they take Stafford, maybe someone will want to trade us for Sanchez or Curry.

Im trying to look at it as a win-win situation.

Bike
04-24-2009, 06:24 AM
Detroit is still trying to negotiate with Stafford. The rumor is that if that falls through, they already have worked out a contract with Curry. The way I see it if they take Curry, then maybe someone will want to trade us for Stafford. If they take Stafford, maybe someone will want to trade us for Sanchez or Curry.

Im trying to look at it as a win-win situation.
Does anybody really believe that somebody is gonna trade up with us so they can hand over 32 million dollars guarenteed to Stafford? He may want to be careful with Detroit because if something isn't worked out with them he could fall quite a ways in the draft.

Lets look at that number again.

$32,000,000.00

Screw that.

Canada
04-24-2009, 03:53 PM
Yeah but it does not look so big without the two zeros after the deciaml. $32 000 000. I believe that someone who needs a QB would trade up. I don't know if u noticed but people seem to make a lot of money playing professional football.