PDA

View Full Version : Trade lessens the need for Curry and the Lions

DT14PRIEST
03-14-2009, 07:54 PM
Trade brings No. 1 pick into focus - NFL Nation - ESPN (http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nflnation/0-6-334/Trade-brings-No--1-pick-into-focus.html)

Lions trade for Julian Peterson has some thinking that Curry is now less of a 'priority' canidate then he once was for the Lions.

Good news for people high on Aaron Curry going to the Chiefs at #3.

tornadospotter
03-14-2009, 08:16 PM
This could be good news.

GreatestShowOnTurf99
03-16-2009, 03:16 PM
I think Curry will go to the Rams at #2 IMO

Canada
03-16-2009, 03:21 PM
Rams need an OT now that Pace is gone. I just hope the Det did not take Peterson so they could have someone to mentor Curry.

GreatestShowOnTurf99
03-16-2009, 03:28 PM
Rams are sliding A. Barron over to LT from RT since that's his natural position, and they're sliding Jacob Bell over to RT. We just signed Jason Brown so that will help out the OL...We want to switch Will Witherspoon to OLB and we still need someone big enough and strong enough to play MLB. Considering our new coach, Spagnuolo was a DC, I see us going defense. Our GM agrees with everything Spags says...Also, since the Rams have so many holes to fill, they have to go BPA since at this point it's Curry. We're in a rebuilding phase

tornadospotter
03-16-2009, 03:38 PM
Rams are sliding A. Barron over to LT from RT since that's his natural position, and they're sliding Jacob Bell over to RT. We just signed Jason Brown so that will help out the OL...We want to switch Will Witherspoon to OLB and we still need someone big enough and strong enough to play MLB. Considering our new coach, Spagnuolo was a DC, I see us going defense. Our GM agrees with everything Spags says...Also, since the Rams have so many holes to fill, they have to go BPA since at this point it's Curry. We're in a rebuilding phase

Well we can pick Orakpo, but I want Curry!:11:

DT14PRIEST
03-16-2009, 07:43 PM

If thats true and Curry is gone at two I wouldn't mind the Cheifs having the problem of choosing between the top 3 LT prospects in the draft and Orakpo assuming the Lions go Stafford at 1.

Coach
03-16-2009, 08:47 PM
This means Curry is very likely to be a Chief.

Jason Smith -Det
Eugene Monroe - STL

I'd be happy with Curry or Monroe.

bigpoppachief
03-17-2009, 01:38 PM
Well we can pick Orakpo, but I want Curry!:11:

Orakpo is a beast as well. Pat even has him above Curry because he can put his hand on the ground or rush and they don't think Curry would be as effective as just an end

Mock draft 3.0: Texas' Orakpo moving up the board (http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d80f330d5&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true)

northwest
03-17-2009, 02:15 PM
orakpo looks very appealing to me.

GreatestShowOnTurf99
03-19-2009, 03:48 PM
IMO, Jason Smith and Eugene Monroe are good but not great. I feel like they would be an okay pick if the Rams weren't in the rebuilding phase, but we have yet to have a solid MLB since London Fletcher. With the signing of Jason Brown the Rams will already have a better OL and I feel like the only thing they haven't tried to address in FA is a LB...So considering that, I feel they go Curry.. Just my opinion, but then again they could be setting up a smoke screen

pbatrucker
03-19-2009, 04:47 PM
Curry or an OT is fine by me. I'd rather trade down and pick up a second round pick also. The Eagles need an OT also and they have the 21st and 28th picks, could be a posilbility.
:bananen_smilies046: