PDA

View Full Version : Yet another Cutler article.

marloweopatchiefs
03-15-2009, 01:01 PM
Denver Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler likely to skip team meeting after talk with coach Josh McDaniels - ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3981966)

tornadospotter
03-15-2009, 05:38 PM
:character00109: stinky donks.
:lol: :yahoo: :lol: :yahoo: :lol: :D

warcrychief
03-15-2009, 06:26 PM
hey i want them to start recording these and create RealTV episodes lol id pay lol

Bike
03-15-2009, 10:35 PM
Who cares. Donks are a joke....Even we beat 'em last year!!!
This year we'll beat 'em twice!!!!

Bike
03-15-2009, 10:56 PM
Stop tryin to jinx the Chiefs Bike , LMAO!!!! I hope this stuff blows up on them big time and they regret every bit of what they tried to do cuz it was really a cold thing to do . Basically this will blow up in McDaniels face and his first year will suck a$$ simply because Cutler won't be there so it will all be Jays fault.
:lol: :lol: I think it has something to do with the thin air in Denver. Its called Rocky Mountain Donks Suck Fever...
No cure.

tornadospotter
03-16-2009, 12:48 AM
I love this, because I hate donks, only slightly less than the faders. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
Anything that messes with there team in a negative way, I love it!
:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

CasselFan
03-16-2009, 02:00 AM
Denver Broncos Examiner: Cutler asks to be traded; is Chris Simms the next Broncos quarterback? (http://www.examiner.com/x-2549-Denver-Broncos-Examiner~y2009m3d15-Cutler-asks-to-be-traded-is-Chris-Simms-the-next-Broncos-quarterback)

Chiefster
03-16-2009, 02:09 AM
I really don't have an opinion one way or the other. I could care less about Simms or Cutler.

But what I will do is place this thread in the propper forum for ya. :)

partysan
03-16-2009, 02:15 AM
Hate to give the guy so much attention, but by God Denver, keep it up!

Meeting with Josh McDaniels, GM backfires, Jay Cutler asks Denver Broncos for trade - ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3983805)

Chiefster
03-16-2009, 02:22 AM
...Moved it to the proper forum.

Chiefster
03-16-2009, 02:24 AM
...Moved to the proper forum.

Chiefster
03-16-2009, 02:29 AM
I went ahead and merged these three threads; no reason to have multiple Jay Cutler threads out there.

tornadospotter
03-16-2009, 03:33 AM
...Moved it to the proper forum.

...Moved to the proper forum.

I went ahead and merged these three threads; no reason to have multiple Jay Cutler threads out there.
:sign0098: :toast2:

AussieChiefsFan
03-16-2009, 03:59 AM
:sign0098:

partysan
03-16-2009, 08:35 AM

Thanks. Reading news, posting here, and racing mario kart all at the same time don't go well together. :lol:

Canada
03-16-2009, 12:21 PM
Could Cutler sound like more of a whiney little b!tch?

prough91
03-16-2009, 12:24 PM
Could Cutler sound like more of a whiney little b!tch?

Only if he moved to Canada.

Canada
03-16-2009, 12:27 PM
Only if he moved to Canada.

Yeah, most Americans sound like whiney little b!tches up here!! You should come visit!! :D

prough91
03-16-2009, 12:31 PM
Nah. I'm scared of big drunk Canadians and Sasquatches.

Canada
03-16-2009, 12:33 PM
Nah. I'm scared of big drunk Canadians and Sasquatches.

Not when you are hiding way down there. Remeber, I am just a little fella up here!! You should come party with the big boys!! :drunkhb:

prough91
03-16-2009, 12:36 PM
Do you know how embarrassed you all would be when a little Missouri (that's a state) boy out drank you all?

Canada
03-16-2009, 12:39 PM
Do you know how embarrassed you all would be when a little Missouri (that's a state) boy out drank you all?

mmmm hmmm...do you have any idea how many little Missouri boys said that last year? Too bad u never actually showed up to back up all your talking!! :sign0023:

prough91
03-16-2009, 12:48 PM
mmmm hmmm...do you have any idea how many little Missouri boys said that last year? Too bad u never actually showed up to back up all your talking!! :sign0023:

My honor will not allow me to embarrass you on your home turf.

N TX Dave
03-16-2009, 01:09 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) — Jay Cutler was a no-show on Monday for coach Josh McDaniels' first team meeting and the start of the Denver Broncos' offseason workouts amid reports he's asked to be traded.

More... (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/broncos/2009-03-16-cutler-update_N.htm)

marloweopatchiefs
03-16-2009, 01:10 PM
Meeting with Josh McDaniels, GM backfires, Jay Cutler asks Denver Broncos for trade - ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3983805)

marloweopatchiefs
03-16-2009, 01:13 PM
lol we posted this at the same time dude...nice find...i got mine at espn

jmlamerson
03-16-2009, 01:49 PM
If Minnesota doesn't offer their 1st this year and their 1st next year, they're out of their minds, Rosenfels trade or no.

With Culter on that team, they're the NFC favorites by a long shot, I think.

N TX Dave
03-16-2009, 03:06 PM
Yes I lloked to make sure it wasn't here and after I posted it I noticed your poped up. Mine was from USAtoday.

tornadospotter
03-16-2009, 03:09 PM
:yahoo: :lol: :yahoo: :lol: :yahoo: :lol:
:character00109: stinkie donks!

Canada
03-16-2009, 03:11 PM
My honor will not allow me to embarrass you on your home turf.

Thats funny, I seem to recall being in KC for the opener last year!! :iamwithstupid:

tornadospotter
03-16-2009, 03:15 PM
Yeah, most Americans sound like whiney little b!tches up here!! You should come visit!! :D
Hey!! Dammit, you are American to!

Canada is part of North America.
I am not from Missouri, and I held my own with you Canadians!
I will come visit, someday, I hope.

partysan
03-16-2009, 03:17 PM
I recall drinking American beer before. It was called "Fanta", or something like that.

Canada
03-16-2009, 03:20 PM
I recall drinking American beer before. It was called "Fanta", or something like that.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

tornadospotter
03-16-2009, 03:22 PM
:sign0153: Never heard of it. Where do you live?:sign0153:

tornadospotter
03-16-2009, 03:27 PM
:character00109: Stinkie donks!
:yahoo: :lol: :yahoo: :lol: :yahoo: :lol:
:bananen_smilies046:

partysan
03-16-2009, 03:40 PM
North of the border as well.

tornadospotter
03-16-2009, 03:43 PM
North of the border as well.
I though so. :bananen_smilies046:

marloweopatchiefs
03-16-2009, 04:25 PM
yeah haha the donkies are gonna be horrible next year

josh1971
03-16-2009, 04:37 PM
Wow, this is fun! All we need now is the raiders to suck and...

wait- mission accomplished!

jb

Chiefster
03-16-2009, 07:16 PM
...Merged another one.

Bike
03-16-2009, 11:48 PM
If Minnesota doesn't offer their 1st this year and their 1st next year, they're out of their minds, Rosenfels trade or no.

With Culter on that team, they're the NFC favorites by a long shot, I think.
I don't think Cutler is worth 2 1st round picks. I don't think he's worth 1 1st rd. pick.
I am, however, enjoying watching the circus which is now the Denver Donks!!!!:lol: :lol:

Chiefster
03-16-2009, 11:53 PM
Ugh. :rolleyes:

Chiefster
03-16-2009, 11:57 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) — Jay Cutler was a no-show on Monday for coach Josh McDaniels' first team meeting and the start of the Denver Broncos' offseason workouts amid reports he's asked to be traded.

More... (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/broncos/2009-03-16-cutler-update_N.htm)

I merged the thread with about 5 or 6 other Cutler threads.

honda522
03-17-2009, 03:33 PM
:character00109: stinky donks.
:lol: :yahoo: :lol: :yahoo: :lol: :D
This.....I LOVE this stuff going on!

brish
03-17-2009, 07:23 PM
McDaniels must be freakin' retarded! Run out Jay Cutler and replace him with Brady Quinn??! Am i missing something that makes this the logical choice?

Vanilla Garilla
03-17-2009, 07:36 PM
I am with you on this, it makes no sense whatsoever. But anyways, all of this drama in Denver is nothing but sweet music for us Chiefs Fans!

McDaniels must be freakin' retarded! Run out Jay Cutler and replace him with Brady Quinn??! Am i missing something that makes this the logical choice?

Canada
03-17-2009, 08:12 PM
You guys are blaming McDaniels? Cutler has been acting like a 12 year old who is gonna take his ball and go home beause they entertained the idea of trading him. I understand him being upset but he has done noting but piss and moan about it for waaaaay too long. They did not trade him so he should shut the #### up and play.

AkChief49
03-17-2009, 08:15 PM
You guys are blaming McDaniels? Cutler has been acting like a 12 year old who is gonna take his ball and go home beause they entertained the idea of trading him. I understand him being upset but he has done noting but piss and moan about it for waaaaay too long. They did not trade him so he should shut the #### up and play.amen, brother amen. :bananen_smilies046:

warcrychief
03-17-2009, 09:03 PM
This is great. McNificent was trying his big boy pants on and found out he doesnt fit them 2 well lol its ok McNificent just keep hiding in your big boy pants and we wont laugh at you when you come out lol

Vanilla Garilla
03-17-2009, 09:41 PM
I agree, Cutler acts like a huge baby 99% of the time. But I just think there something wrong with a rookie head coach, coming to a new team and trying to trade their your star qb. Maybe its just me, but i really dont recall anything like this happening before. It would be like if Haley came to KC 6 years ago and tried shopping Priest Holmes, everyone would have been pissed. And just so you know, I know that Priest Holmes is a million times more of a man than Jay Cutler will ever be.

You guys are blaming McDaniels? Cutler has been acting like a 12 year old who is gonna take his ball and go home beause they entertained the idea of trading him. I understand him being upset but he has done noting but piss and moan about it for waaaaay too long. They did not trade him so he should shut the #### up and play.

Xeticus
03-17-2009, 09:41 PM
You guys are blaming McDaniels? Cutler has been acting like a 12 year old who is gonna take his ball and go home beause they entertained the idea of trading him. Actually I am. Jay Cutler is a whiny *****. But McDaniels knew that going in and handled things wrong. Denver has been searching for a replacement for John Elway for years. Finally they had one. And one of the first things the HC comes in is try to replace the best QB they had in years. Not a smart move. He already knew Cutler wasn't happy and wanted out. When he tried to trade for Cassell and failed to get he gave Cutler a big weapon to use against him. Cutler IS that valuable to the Broncos that he can get away with this.

QB was the one position they were really set at. McDaniels should have left that alone and concentrated on areas of real need. If he really thought Cutler wasn't the guy for him and wanted Cassell then he should have made sure he closed the deal.

McDaniels obviously is lacking in the management skills necessary to be a HC. A real HC like Parcells or Belicheck would have squashed this nonsense days ago. The longer this lasts, the more it builds, the worse it's going to get.
This is going to be hanging on the Broncos all season long. McDaniels has one choice. He has to make the playoffs this year or he's a one year HC at best.

All Chiefs fans should be thanking McDaniels for destroying the Broncos before they even play a game.

DT14PRIEST
03-17-2009, 10:34 PM
There is a mutual blame to go around. McDaniels for entering a new situation and stirring up the hornets nest and Cutler's for not dealing with the situation like a man, let alone a professional athelete. Regardless you can't put the entirety of the fault on either of them for whats transpired as they both were riding high horses before the season started. Nevertheless a clash of egos is bound to leave one of them bruised, and obviously Cutler's was bruised beyond repair.

Now if Cutler leaves his Denver legacy is obviously tarnished but the upside for recovery is higher then McDaniels whose walking the proverbial tight rope in this predicament. Whatever leeway he may have been allowed is dangerously thing if Cutler leaves. If the Broncos flop and take a turn for the worse you'll know who'll be on the 'black list' for the rest of his career in the NFL and if he succeeds he'll look like a genius.

There is no middle ground now for McDaniels who is now on the hot seat for the entirety of his tenure in Denver.

Canada
03-18-2009, 07:59 AM
Actually I am. Jay Cutler is a whiny *****. But McDaniels knew that going in and handled things wrong.

I agree that both of them played their part is what went wrong but you can't let a player run the team. If McDaniels goes into Denver and lets cutler walk all over him then he loses the whole team. No one will respect his leadership. I am not defending anyone here, I am glad the donx are imploding but to blame just McDaniels or just Cutler is wrong. They are both morons!! :D

dbolan
03-18-2009, 10:24 AM
I believe it is all McDaniels fault. He tried to trade him, then lied about it.

As far as Cutler being whiny, I really don't see that as well. What I see is, as the leader of the team, he was disrespected. I don't blame him for being pissed and where ever he goes, I will wish him success...And he will have it.

People keep bashing Cutler's record but the fact that he was a diabetic without treatment for most of the 2007 season rarely seems to get mentioned. For those of you that have never encountered that problem, it does have an enormous effect on a person physically and mentally, particularly when it is not being treated.

In 2008, I seen a veeery good QB and if I remember correctly, the Favre's and Elways did not post top 3 stats in their first full year either.

Do I want the Broncs to beat the Chiefs? Hell NO! Am I gonna call Cutler a whiny *** because he got shat on by the newbie coach? No way.

Canada
03-18-2009, 12:20 PM
I am calling him a whiney *** ***** cause that is what he is.

Coach
03-19-2009, 08:01 PM
When Jay Cutler sat down to plot the fastest route out of Denver, he didn't consult a map. His agent took care of that by ripping into Broncos owner Pat Bowlen and probably guaranteed his client a one-way trip. "I would like to keep him here, obviously," Bowlen told NFL.com. "But if you are going to be an unhappy camper, there is no real reason to be here." That almost certainly will turn out to be...

More... (http://us.rd.yahoo.com/sports/rss/nfl/SIG=12eun36bd/*http%3A//sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-jimlitke-031909&prov=ap&type=lgns)

pbatrucker
03-19-2009, 09:15 PM
When Jay Cutler sat down to plot the fastest route out of Denver, he didn't consult a map. His agent took care of that by ripping into Broncos owner Pat Bowlen and probably guaranteed his client a one-way trip. "I would like to keep him here, obviously," Bowlen told NFL.com. "But if you are going to be an unhappy camper, there is no real reason to be here." That almost certainly will turn out to be...

More... (http://us.rd.yahoo.com/sports/rss/nfl/SIG=12eun36bd/*http%3A//sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-jimlitke-031909&prov=ap&type=lgns)
Fact is that Cutler has alot of talent and has passed for alot of yards, but when presured he gets rattled and forces the ball, throws too many interceptions. He is not a championship Qb yet and with his ego and lack of maturity he maynever be one. I can understand why Mc Daniels would rather have had Cassel.
:11:

Chiefster
03-21-2009, 02:37 AM
Fact is that Cutler has alot of talent and has passed for alot of yards, but when presured he gets rattled and forces the ball, throws too many interceptions. He is not a championship Qb yet and with his ego and lack of maturity he maynever be one. I can understand why Mc Daniels would rather have had Cassel.

He's another Drew Bledsoe.

Big Daddy Tek
03-31-2009, 09:13 PM
Pat Bowlen has just said that The Broncos will pursue a trade for Jay Cutler starting NOW. They are done with this matter and are looking forward to ending this distraction.

You guys probably wont find any links on this subject for a couple minutes.

Trust me, its done.

YEEEAAAHHH!!!!

I know they said no Cutler posts, but I thought this was an exception

yashi
03-31-2009, 09:15 PM
If by couple hours, you mean couple minutes. :)

DenverBroncos.com – Official Website Of The Denver Broncos (http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=334&storyID=8920)

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Denver Broncos President and CEO Pat Bowlen (http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=357&contentID=113) today released the following statement:
"Numerous attempts to contact Jay Cutler in the last 10 days, both by Head Coach Josh McDaniels (http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=357&contentID=9591) and myself, have been unsuccessful.

A conversation with his agent earlier today clearly communicated and confirmed to us that Jay no longer has any desire to play for the Denver Broncos.

We will begin discussions with other teams in an effort to accommodate his request to be traded.”

MichChieffan
03-31-2009, 09:16 PM
Breaking News, here ya go!!!

NFL.com Blogs » Blog Archive Bowlen says Broncos will try to trade Cutler « (http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/03/31/bowlen-says-broncos-will-try-to-trade-cutler/)

Big Daddy Tek
03-31-2009, 09:18 PM
If by couple hours, you mean couple minutes. :)

DenverBroncos.com – Official Website Of The Denver Broncos (http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=334&storyID=8920)

Look now. :yahoo:

honda522
03-31-2009, 09:24 PM
This is good and bad.

Cutler's inconstancy is why they suck.

At the same time its good, cause they could get another QB in there who is even worse.

yashi
03-31-2009, 09:29 PM
We should be thrilled that we won't have to face Cutler twice a season anymore. He is the sole reason the Broncos almost made the playoffs with that terrible defense. Is his head always in the game 100%? I don't think so, but there's few QBs with more natural talent in the league, and if he ever gets his head right he's going to be really scary.

Good riddance!

jmlamerson
03-31-2009, 10:07 PM
If the Vikings aren't on the horn right now offering Sage Rosenfels and their first round draft pick for 2009 and 2010, they're out of their minds.

Vikings + Cutler = NFC champs

okikcfan
04-01-2009, 12:22 PM
Statement from President and CEO Pat Bowlen on Jay Cutler

DenverBroncos.com
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Denver Broncos President and CEO (http://Statement from President and CEO Pat Bowlen on Jay CutlerDenverBroncos.comENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Denver Broncos President and CEO)Pat Bowlen (http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=357&contentID=113) today released the following statement:
"Numerous attempts to contact Jay Cutler in the last 10 days, both by (http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=334&storyID=8920)Head Coach Josh McDaniels (http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=357&contentID=9591) and myself, have been unsuccessful.
A conversation with his agent earlier today clearly communicated and confirmed to us that Jay no longer has any desire to play for the Denver Broncos.
We will begin discussions with other teams in an effort to accommodate his request to be traded.”
:yahoo: :lol: :sign0098: :bananen_smilies046: :lol:

honda522
04-01-2009, 12:34 PM
Kinda old really. New this last night.

I just hope they don't find a better QB.

Vanilla Garilla
04-01-2009, 12:54 PM
I dont see how they will find a better qb this season. I foresee McDaniels being a very hated man if their offensive output takes a dive. He has done as much good for the Chiefs as Scott Pioli has....Thanks alot!

hometeam
04-01-2009, 01:01 PM
ahahahah i love it!

okikcfan
04-01-2009, 02:11 PM
Well, the raiders are going to be in last place, then the bronco's and de bolts will be hampered with injuries and ofcourse they have Norv Turner so I give them a 6-10 record this year so, Oh my, that just leaves the Chiefs with the AFC west.

valley_22
04-01-2009, 04:31 PM
Two words to solve their QB problem: Brian Greise

wichitaj
04-01-2009, 05:40 PM
KC takes two steps forward, and Denver takes one step backwards. Now we just need ol' Norv to run Philip the wrong way. LOLOL:lol: :lol:

Coach
04-01-2009, 08:08 PM
KC takes two steps forward, and Denver takes one step backwards. Now we just need ol' Norv to run Philip the wrong way. LOLOL:lol: :lol:

Exactly. I think as long as Norv is in SD, the Chargers will always be medicore at best.

honda522
04-01-2009, 10:34 PM
YES. Its going to be an awesome year. 5-1 in division games. Thats my prediction.

AussieChiefsFan
04-02-2009, 03:34 AM
Kinda old really. New this last night.

I just hope they don't find a better QB.Don't think that they will be able to. IMO it would be too hard and there wouldn't be enouph time before the draft. :)Would be horrible for us if the did find a better QB though. :(

tornadospotter
04-02-2009, 05:38 PM
Cutler now says he never wanted to be traded - Shutdown Corner - NFL - Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Cutler-now-says-he-never-wanted-to-be-traded?urn=nfl,152280)

tornadospotter
04-02-2009, 05:47 PM
Chicago Bears acquire Jay Cutler from Denver Broncos - ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4037373)

Vanilla Garilla
04-02-2009, 05:47 PM
Well they found Kyle Orton, definitely not an improvment. But, they now have two first round picks in the next two drafts, so they will probably lock up their future quarterback in this years draft, if available.

tornadospotter
04-02-2009, 05:50 PM
Chicago Bears acquire Jay Cutler from Denver Broncos - ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4037373)

Canada
04-02-2009, 05:51 PM
its also on NFL.com

NFL.com - Official Site of the National Football League (http://www.nfl.com/)

stricken721
04-02-2009, 05:53 PM
I have a feeling now that since they will have 2 1st round picks that they will either draft Josh Freeman or Mark Sanchez

Denver that is

honda522
04-02-2009, 06:15 PM
Both parties got screwed. Cutler aint worth what that and Orton sucks.

Then they will keep Orton for years giving him a shot.

I love it.

pbatrucker
04-02-2009, 06:16 PM
If the Donks use all those draft choices to fill holes on defense, they could be a lot better than people think. Orton should do pretty good in McDaniels system.

Polleo Pit Man
04-02-2009, 06:24 PM
The Chicago Bears (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=chi) pulled the big upset Thursday afternoon by acquiring Denver Broncos (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=den) quarterback Jay Cutler (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=9597).

To acquire Cutler, the Bears had to give up quarterback Kyle Orton (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=8520) and first-round picks in 2009 and 2010, along with a third-round pick in 2009.

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2009/04/1.jpg (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=9597) Jay Cutler (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=9597)

#6 QB
Denver Broncos

2008 STATS

Att616
Comp384
Yds4457
TD25
Int18
Rat86.0

To complete the trade, the Broncos had to give back a fifth-round pick in 2009. That pick was acquired by the Broncos from the Seattle Seahawks (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=sea) in a trade for wide receiver Keary Colbert (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=5586).
The Bears beat out the Redskins, Buccaneers, Lions, Titans and other teams to get land the 25-year-old Pro Bowl quarterback. The Broncos had made it clear they were asking for at least two first-round choices.

Cutler asked to be traded when he found out first-year coach Josh McDaniels tried to acquire Matt Cassel (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=8644) in a trade with the Patriots.

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2009/04/2.jpg (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=8520) Kyle Orton (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=8520)

#18 QB
Chicago Bears

2008 STATS

Att465
Comp272
Yds2812
TD18
Int12
Rat79.6

On Tuesday, Broncos owner Pat Bowlen released a statement saying both he and McDaniels had been unable to get Cutler to call them back during the past 10 days. Cutler also had been staying away from the offseason program.

As a result, the team decided to trade Cutler, whom they were convinced "no longer has any desire to play for the Denver Broncos."

According to NFL senior analyst Chris Mortensen, however, Cutler replied, "No," in a text message when asked whether Bowlen had directly tried to contact him.
Cutler's agent, Bus Cook, said the Broncos first got in touch with him on Tuesday.
"The perception that they've been burning the phone lines the last 10 days is wrong," Cook said. "In fact, the other day I asked Jay if he had heard from them and he said, 'No.' I didn't hear from them until yesterday [Tuesday] morning when [GM] Brian Xanders called me and said that Mr. Bowlen needs to speak with Jay now. I told him all I can do is leave Jay a message.

Cutler to Bears

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/12/16.jpg
ESPN.com's Bill Williamson and the rest of the ESPN.com NFL blog network look at the fallout from the deal that took Jay Cutler to Chicago. Blog (http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nflnation?tag=cutler%200331l)

"I didn't reach Jay directly -- I don't know what he was doing -- but I left a message. Then Brian called at the end of the day and asked me if I had heard from him. I hadn't. I heard from Jay when he called to tell me he just saw on TV he was being traded. They can spin it the way they want to spin it."
At first, McDaniels had faith he could repair the strained relationship with his temperamental quarterback -- if only he could get him to call him back. On Tuesday, he became convinced that just wasn't going to happen.
Cutler is halfway through the six-year, $48 million contract he signed as the 11th overall pick out of Vanderbilt in the 2006 draft. He's 17-20 as Broncos starter, although that's misleading because of Denver's dismal defense.
John Clayton is a senior NFL writer for ESPN.com

N TX Dave
04-02-2009, 07:21 PM
Cutler has been traded to the Chicago Bears for two first-round picks, a third-round pick and quarterback Kyle Orton.

More (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9409280/Sources:-Cutler-dealt-to-Bears-for-2-picks,-Orton?MSNHPHMA)

jtandcrew
04-02-2009, 07:29 PM
Wow! The bears sold the farm on that trade! Making the Cassell trade for a 2nd look like the work of a genius on our part!:bananen_smilies046:

N TX Dave
04-02-2009, 07:47 PM
Wow! The bears sold the farm on that trade! Making the Cassell trade for a 2nd look like the work of a genius on our part!:bananen_smilies046:

Yes not bad I would say. Some will say Cassell is no Culter I say time will tell. But no matter what we gave up a lot less even if he is not in Cuttler's class. Say Culter ends up being the next Brady and Cassell only ends up being the next Kurt Warner it is still a far better deal.

:yahoo:

chief31
04-02-2009, 08:36 PM
Orton sucks, he took the Bears to the Superbowl because they had a better than average rushing game and a awsome defense. They still lost to Indy LMAO> The Donks will try to get a higher pick but I doubt they will get it.This will get KC a better than 500 chance of doing better in the AFC West than they do this up coming season.

That was Rex Grossman, who certainly sucks. I think Orton can play pretty well, more often than not. But he has struggled to get good protection in Chicago. Or so it appears.

KristofLaw
04-02-2009, 09:09 PM
Oh man... we have to play Orton twice?!? ::faints::

KristofLaw
04-02-2009, 09:14 PM
Cutler now says he never wanted to be traded - Shutdown Corner - NFL - Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Cutler-now-says-he-never-wanted-to-be-traded?urn=nfl,152280)
What a donkey! The kid's a liar... good luck Bears, you traded alot for that hee-haw.

chief31
04-02-2009, 09:15 PM
Yes not bad I would say. Some will say Cassell is no Culter I say time will tell. But no matter what we gave up a lot less even if he is not in Cuttler's class. Say Culter ends up being the next Brady and Cassell only ends up being the next Kurt Warner it is still a far better deal.

:yahoo:
Nice scenario. If either of them wind-up "only" being a Kurt Warner (three Super Bowl appearences) then that will be an incredible deal.

Let's try it this way...

If Cutler winds-up being being the next Tom Brady, and Cassel winds-up being the next Elvis Grbac...Then what?

This trade does make our Cassel deal look good. But in all actuality, it also makes The Donks look genius.

Of course, pending the results of these two players on the field, it is all guesswork.

spiman
04-02-2009, 10:22 PM
For All those in Tha know:11: We were supposed to have Cutler in the big trade..Whew :yahoo: We made out.. CASSEL :bananen_smilies046: Denver is in deep chit!! Good.

McLovin
04-02-2009, 10:30 PM
I really feel that the Chiefs got a littler richer today with the Bears giving up the pics. Although that is a lot of pics for the Donks to blow they may end up with a mistake that pays off in one of those.

Regardless I am very happy that Cutler is out of the AFC West. Might have been a little better though if they would have got Grossman instead of Orton.

chiefsfreak4life
04-02-2009, 11:20 PM
I did so at the dinner table tonight during our meal time prayer,"Dear Lord, Thank you for making Coach McDaniels of the Donks such a dumba$$. He is destroying one of the KC Chiefs worst enemies in the NFL before the 2009 season begins and we are giving our thanks for your help in making him such a retard that he would do so. In your name we pray, GO CHIEFS!, Amen."

LOL thats a good one!!

tllk78
04-02-2009, 11:26 PM
New home Chicago: Broncos ship disgruntled QB Cutler to Bears (http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80f93745&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true)

I think they gave up way too much for this guy.

What do you guys think?

tllk78
04-02-2009, 11:33 PM
This needs to moved to the Cutler thread.

Sorry.

:sign0104:

honda522
04-03-2009, 01:27 AM
Well it was McDaniels fault for not keeping his mouth shut...so he kinda started a chain reaction :p

Canada
04-03-2009, 06:41 AM
Nice scenario. If either of them wind-up "only" being a Kurt Warner (three Super Bowl appearences) then that will be an incredible deal.

Let's try it this way...

If Cutler winds-up being being the next Tom Brady, and Cassel winds-up being the next Elvis Grbac...Then what?

This trade does make our Cassel deal look good. But in all actuality, it also makes The Donks look genius.

Of course, pending the results of these two players on the field, it is all guesswork.

Man, I hear a lot of your posts baggin' on Cassel for absolutely no other reason than he onlt went 11-5. "Maybe" he ends up the next Grbac is the best you can come up with? I know you are scared to have a little fairth in anything Chiefs but can you at least attempt to give me some sort of a reasonable argument as to why Cassel is a bad guy to have on the team?

If the shoe was on the other foot here(if we were in the same position as the Donx), there is no way you would be saying this deal is genius. How can you have so much respect and admiration for one of our biggest rivals (who fluked into yesterdays deal) yet when we get an 11-5 starter and a proven SB winner (Vrabel) you can not give any credit for a smart move?

Canada
04-03-2009, 06:42 AM
Well it was McDaniels fault for not keeping his mouth shut...so he kinda started a chain reaction :p

10 days they tried to contact Cutler and he would not answer his phone? Is he a 12 year old gir? But sure, it was McDaniels!! I am not saying he is completely blameless but come on.

honda522
04-03-2009, 09:48 AM

Let's try it this way...

Think of this.

In Denver, they have a few "decent recievers". In Chicago...they have none really.

prough91
04-03-2009, 11:36 AM
Man, I hear a lot of your posts baggin' on Cassel for absolutely no other reason than he onlt went 11-5. "Maybe" he ends up the next Grbac is the best you can come up with? I know you are scared to have a little fairth in anything Chiefs but can you at least attempt to give me some sort of a reasonable argument as to why Cassel is a bad guy to have on the team?

If the shoe was on the other foot here(if we were in the same position as the Donx), there is no way you would be saying this deal is genius. How can you have so much respect and admiration for one of our biggest rivals (who fluked into yesterdays deal) yet when we get an 11-5 starter and a proven SB winner (Vrabel) you can not give any credit for a smart move?

Dude, I never argue with you. However, if our defense allowed the same PPG as New England's did last year; we would have had a 10-5 starter in Thigpen.

okikcfan
04-03-2009, 12:02 PM
Pioli and McD both worked with Cassell. They have seen things in him that no one else has. They Both wanted him, we got him. There is a reason for his being here, Pioli is a very talented person, McD is not. The Donkies just lost there Pro Bowl QB, this will be a make it or break it year for the Raiders QB and Rivers wants a long term deal which as far as I know, the Bolts have not given him one yet, IMO we have more young talent than any of the AFC west teams. This is all working out very nicely as far as I am concerned. Some of us are bad mouthing Cassell and we haven't even seen him here yet. Just wait. This is a whole new team from the very top (Hunt) on down. These are all changes for the better, and every game this year will get better. Honestly, you have nothing to gripe about quite yet.

dbolan
04-03-2009, 12:19 PM
Think of this.

In Denver, they have a few "decent recievers". In Chicago...they have none really.

They will get recievers and the ones they have will get better. I look forward to the Bears kicking the Broncs *** this year!!! McDaniels is an idiot!

tornadospotter
04-03-2009, 12:54 PM
They will get recievers and the ones they have will get better. I look forward to the Bears kicking the Broncs *** this year!!! McDaniels is an idiot!
I hope the bears do not kick the donks this year, because that will mean in the SB, the donks and bears do not play in reg season until 2011, according to my info, if I am wrong please let me know, and if I am, I agree! :bananen_smilies046:

wichitaj
04-03-2009, 02:20 PM
cutler will get eaten alive in chicago.

Canada
04-03-2009, 04:30 PM
Dude, I never argue with you. However, if our defense allowed the same PPG as New England's did last year; we would have had a 10-5 starter in Thigpen.

...and if my mom had balls she would have been my dad.

What does any of that have to do with Cassels ability as a QB?

I don't ever remember saying Thigpen was a bad QB!!

tornadospotter
04-03-2009, 08:58 PM

Did I miss something? :11:

KristofLaw
04-03-2009, 09:07 PM
I'm gonna miss calling Cutler a whiny hee-haw... :(

chief31
04-03-2009, 09:19 PM

You say you have seen alot of it, so you show me one time where I have said a bad word about Cassel.

Suggesting that there is a chance that he may be a flop is not negative. It is something that could be said about any player in the league changing teams.

I don't say that I think he will be a flop. Just that he hasn't exactly proven himself as the saviour that he seems to be getting annointed as already.

The fact is that I express concerns, against those who seem to believe that this is already the deal of the century.

I don't attempt to say that he didn't go 11-5. But I also feel no need to point that out in discussions, as that viewpoint gets spread around without me.

I generally just present the rest of the story.

A QB going 11-5 is very good.

But a QB taking a team from 3-13 to 11-5 is hugely more impressive than a QB taking a team from 16-0 to 11-5.

So, while 11-5 is very good. I find it decidedly less impressive that he did that with a 16-0 team.

Perhaps it has gone overlooked, but I have stated a couple of times that I think Cassel is actually the better QB over Thigpen. And I point out alot of neglected aspects of Thigpen.

I don't dislike Cassel at all.

But I am far less impressed with what he did last season than most others here.

And I think that we diminished our ability to cover more needed positions on this team, by aquiring an extra QB.

Since Cassel arrived here, I have only heard one member say anything negative about him. ANd I openly disagreed with the notion that he is a bad QB.

tornadospotter
04-03-2009, 09:33 PM
I am not yet impressed, nor am I unimpressed by Cassel, All I care about is how he plays as a Chief! To me it is still Thigs job to lose, he earned that! So while Cassel may very well be the starting QB at the start of the season, I hope it is a fair and open competition between Thig, Croyle, Ingle and Cassel. May the best win, and the next be ready to play when needed.
And yes I put them in that order on purpose, the first three are Chiefs, Cassel a new Chief.
That is all that matters! :11:

spiman
04-03-2009, 11:23 PM
Let Tha Chiefs run an organization like the Pats and Our new QB will flurish.. Draft "O" line, Time to pass. D-Fence. We {B} all Good :bananen_smilies046:

tornadospotter
04-04-2009, 01:12 AM
Let Tha Chiefs run an organization like the Pats and Our new QB will flurish.. Draft "O" line, Time to pass. D-Fence. We {B} all Good :bananen_smilies046:
That new Chief Crowd members is Spi, he has been a member for much longer than me, he shows up at the least expected times, so beware.
But he is a jerk, and I like him. :D

All my friends are jerks.

speaking of jerks where are you Canada?

Canada
04-04-2009, 12:06 PM

Let's try it this way...

You say you have seen alot of it, so you show me one time where I have said a bad word about Cassel.

So the suggestion that he might be the next Gbac is a ringing endorsement of his ability?

Suggesting that there is a chance that he may be a flop is not negative. It is something that could be said about any player in the league changing teams.

Then how come it is only ever said about players that the Chiefs have picked up?

I don't say that I think he will be a flop. Just that he hasn't exactly proven himself as the saviour that he seems to be getting annointed as already.

Hasn't exactly? He has done nothing but win 11 football games.
The fact is that I express concerns, against those who seem to believe that this is already the deal of the century.

Why do you feel the need to do this? Do you have any reason other than the fact that you have been disappointed in the past?

I don't attempt to say that he didn't go 11-5. But I also feel no need to point that out in discussions, as that viewpoint gets spread around without me.

I generally just present the rest of the story.

A QB going 11-5 is very good.

But a QB taking a team from 3-13 to 11-5 is hugely more impressive than a QB taking a team from 16-0 to 11-5.

So to go from 16-0 (the second time in NFL history a team has done that) to 11-5. Pretty one sided way to look at it. Cassel can't be that good because he played for a good team.

So, while 11-5 is very good. I find it decidedly less impressive that he did that with a 16-0 team.

Perhaps it has gone overlooked, but I have stated a couple of times that I think Cassel is actually the better QB over Thigpen. And I point out alot of neglected aspects of Thigpen.

I don't dislike Cassel at all.

But I am far less impressed with what he did last season than most others here.

Too bad we couldn't get Brady or maybe manning. Then you could get excited I guess.

And I think that we diminished our ability to cover more needed positions on this team, by aquiring an extra QB.

How?

Since Cassel arrived here, I have only heard one member say anything negative about him. ANd I openly disagreed with the notion that he is a bad QB.

I just see you post a lot of stats to back up most of your arguments and all I see here is that you think Cassel is over rated for no other reason then he only went 11-5 last season.

That new Chief Crowd members is Spi, he has been a member for much longer than me, he shows up at the least expected times, so beware.
But he is a jerk, and I like him. :D

All my friends are jerks.

speaking of jerks where are you Canada?

I'm in Canada!! :bananen_smilies046:

Coach
04-04-2009, 10:23 PM

Agreed. Finding a QBOTF is hard. How many QB's have we went through in the last 5 years? And how about Tampa Bay, Detroit, San Fran, Chicago, the list goes on and on. Many teams are willing to pay a lot of dough to find their guy. In Chicago's case they were willing to give up two 1st round picks.

I think the Chiefs have their QBOTF on the roster right now. I'm not sure if it will be Cassell or Thigpen and I don't really care as long as one of them becomes that guy. If the Chiefs find that guy by using only a 2nd round pick, I think it was a huge victory for this organization. Both Thigpen and Cassell had good years last year IMO and I am looking forward to seeing who wins the starting spot this summer. I understand that it's Cassell's spot to lose most likely, but Haley has already stated that there will be a QB competition.

prough91
04-06-2009, 11:35 AM

Oops. My bad. Didn't mean to quote you. I was so mesmerized by your pic I hit the wrong post.