PDA

View Full Version : 3 New players

jap1
03-17-2009, 05:25 PM
According to KCChiefs.com we signed 3 new players.

WRs Engram, and Terrance Cooper
LB Monty Beisel

Kansas City Chiefs - Kansas City Agrees to Terms with Three Players (http://kcchiefs.com/news/2009/03/17/kansas_city_agrees_to_terms_with_three_players/)

Vandelay
03-17-2009, 05:28 PM
Glad to have beisel back, he can give us some depth at LB.

yashi
03-17-2009, 05:31 PM
Dissapointing though.. was really hoping it was Pace or Holt.

Vandelay
03-17-2009, 05:41 PM
Dissapointing though.. was really hoping it was Pace or Holt.
Yea, I know what you mean. I'm not sure we needed a presser for this, but not bad signings none the less.

Nel Toille
03-17-2009, 05:52 PM
So, we now have 9 recievers on our roster. If we went into the season tomorrow who would our starters be?
Bowe, Bradley and Engram? Didn't they just re-sign Webb? This is very confusing. I'd rather have two good recievers than 1 good one and 8 mediocre-bad.

Sn@keIze
03-17-2009, 05:58 PM
Dont like it.

Lazeye
03-17-2009, 06:10 PM
After what Pioli did with NE and using key players and not key names I trust what he will turn us into.

Sn@keIze
03-17-2009, 06:23 PM
thing is it seems that Haley is bringing in his posse. We got Pendergast.

And now Beisel who isnt worth picking up..we've had him and moved on.

And now because he was wiht the Cards we get him back?

KCraised
03-17-2009, 06:41 PM
I grow more confused with every announcement. I must go back to the mirror and repeat to myself, "Pioli knows what he's doing" a thousand more times.....

KCraised
03-17-2009, 06:42 PM
Edit*

DT14PRIEST
03-17-2009, 10:41 PM
Biesel is a consitent performer who brings solid play. While he may not make headlines week in and week out he did contribute in both the Pats and Cardinals franchise. He brings familiarity to a novice LB core being a KC homer and good work ethic. A good LB; not lights out, but a good player

As I said above Engram brings experience and leadership to a novice recieving corps with a consitent level of play. He should do well to tutor and guide some of our young recievers. He's not a block buster, but a performer and one who gets the job done.

Copper brings youth and raw talent to the team, someone we can develop and utilize in the future.

Not necessarily headline guys but talented guys you like to have on your roster.

jmlamerson
03-17-2009, 11:07 PM
I doubt that Pioli will keep all of them. Engram if he stays healthy will be a good addition to our team. I would love to see Bowe, Engram and Franklin as our starters TG at TE . That is not a bad set of WR if you ask me.

Franklin's going to be cut or placed on practice squad this summer. Bowe, Engram, Bradley, and Copper (in that order) will be our WRs.

Lazeye
03-18-2009, 12:50 AM
not sure if we have a return guy yet or not but some of the WR we got have done that before and one might not even be a WR anymore, but converted into a fulltime return man for both kickoffs and punts. IMO

chief31
03-18-2009, 02:15 AM
I have seen Engram in a game here and there over the past few seasons, and he may be the best WR on this team now. At least from what I have seen of him.

Maybe I have only seen him on his better days. But he has always played well, that I can remember.

With the lack of depth we had at WR, I definitely like this move.

Beisel? Hmm. I hope he is enough to keep us from drafting Curry.

Not that I have any problem with Curry. I just don't think that we need a LB enough to take one at #3 overall.

jap1
03-18-2009, 02:29 AM
I have seen Engram in a game here and there over the past few seasons, and he may be the best WR on this team now. At least from what I have seen of him.

Maybe I have only seen him on his better days. But he has always played well, that I can remember.

With the lack of depth we had at WR, I definitely like this move.

Not that I have any problem with Curry. I just don't think that we need a LB enough to take one at #3 overall.

I too have wondered if Beisel will have any effect on grabbing Curry at #3.

warcrychief
03-18-2009, 02:34 AM

He is only the best player in the Draft. And last i saw we dont have any GOOD young linebackers. And im tired of waiting for Johnson to show us why he was drafted in the first round.

chief31
03-18-2009, 02:40 AM
He is only the best player in the Draft. And last i saw we dont have any GOOD young linebackers. And im tired of waiting for Johnson to show us why he was drafted in the first round.

He has only been the best player in the draft for about a week now.

When the season ended, he was a fringe top-ten guy.

I am not a big fan of those who impress off the field, as much as those who impress on the field.

Derrick Johnson, Demorrio Williams and Pat Thomas are good by me.

Add in Vrabel and Beisel, and we are ready to roll.

Sn@keIze
03-18-2009, 02:43 AM
I too have wondered if Beisel will have any effect on grabbing Curry at #3.Im thinking/hoping he will be nothing but a special teamer and backup.

He is only the best player in the Draft. And last i saw we dont have any GOOD young linebackers. And im tired of waiting for Johnson to show us why he was drafted in the first round.ya, nothing compares. Beisel is the type of player that bounces from team to team (Chiefs, Pats, Cards). to fill in holes and backups.

Curry is a [projected] franchise LB.

I hope this move doesnt take us further away from Curry. Im hoping we get him, yet trying not to get my hopes up.

Sn@keIze
03-18-2009, 02:48 AM

I am not a big fan of those who impress off the field, as much as those who impress on the field.

Derrick Johnson, Demorrio Williams and Pat Thomas are good by me.

Add in Vrabel and Beisel, and we are ready to roll.ya but imagine Curry and Vrabel on the two insides and Johnson and Williams on the outside!

Im not sure what you see in Pat Thomas. But him and Beisel should be backups at best.

chief31
03-18-2009, 03:02 AM
ya but imagine Curry and Vrabel on the two insides and Johnson and Williams on the outside!

Im not sure what you see in Pat Thomas. But him and Beisel should be backups at best.

What I see in Thomas is a new OT!

I can watch any four LBs get blocked by their own D-line, FS and free-running O-linemen and FBs. I don't care what their names are.

The LBs are gonna suck if our D-line sucks. And they will rock if the D-line rocks.

Now imagine getting a top-notch OT, of which there is a variety available at the top of this draft.

You improve the LOT spot, and you get last years top OG prospect to play at RG.

That's like hitting a home run, but with a runner on base!

You get two points for that.

Not to mention the fact that the improved pass protection gives our new QB time to make decisions in the pocket. Thus improving the play of our QB.

If the QB is playing better, then it is hard to argue that the WRS won't do better. They get more time to create seperation, and more overall opportunities.

How about getting to see a real running game return?

With three star O-linemen, suddenly, we should be able to block a couple of defenders to open lanes for our RBs.

That's like having five guys on base when you hit that homer.

O-linemen improve the play of all other offensive positions.

LBs don't.

D-linemen do that for the defense.

DT14PRIEST
03-18-2009, 04:33 AM
Now imagine getting a top-notch OT, of which there is a variety available at the top of this draft.

You improve the LOT spot, and you get last years top OG prospect to play at RG.

I agree with this. I'm not 'completely' sold on anyone at the top of the draft outside of the 3 LT prospects (I like Curry and Orakpo don't get me wrong and wouldn't have a problem taking them).

I think you could also feasibly look at a scenario where the Chiefs draft a Eugene Monroe stick him at LT, move Albert to LG, ship Waters out to another team and recoup some picks in the draft, draft a Center in the 2nd, shift Niswanger to RG, and use a latter round draft choice/FA/Undrafted rookie pick up to throw in some competition with McIntosh and you're looking at an Offensive line thats set to dominate in whatever offensive scheme for the next decade.

Just random musing...

warcrychief
03-18-2009, 04:43 AM

he has been the best player in the draft now for more than a week. He has been that since the end of the collage games. What he did in the combine just layered it in gold.

Pioli will do the right thing with the first pick. its his legacy, and he will always be linked to him.

Sn@keIze
03-18-2009, 05:23 AM
I also think we will get Curry if hes avail. simply because (I think) its Piolis way drafting defensive players high.

Not sure of their total draft hist. But I know they drafted Mayo 1st last year and another LB in the 3rd. Plus I think of Vince Wilfork and Richard Seymour.

Curry just seems to be the big D name.

pbatrucker
03-18-2009, 09:42 AM
Both biesel and cooper are very good special teams players. I would be very suprisedif the chiefs don't have some of the best special teams this year. Paoli is doing an outstanding job in correcting those ares.:bananen_smilies046:

jmlamerson
03-18-2009, 10:12 AM
How can you be sure of what they will do with 9 WRs on the roster?

True. It's more of a gut call than anything. I don't see Franklin being part of Pioli's long term plans. He's a small, breakable speedy receiver who doesn't play a part of the return game. Not a Pioli (or Haley, for that matter) type at all.

And everyone complaining because they think a guy like Biesel is washed up - he was a starting LB on a SB team last year. He clearly has something left in the tank. Guys like Roman Phifer were thought washed up journeymen, and Pioli turned them into SB starters.

Biesel and Vrabel will be our ILBs in 2009. DJ will be one OLB. Our other OLB will either be a draft pick (Curry, maybe), Demorrio Williams, or maybe a converted DE. I still think there's a very, very good chance we go Raji at 3 to get our NT of the future.

Our team is moving in the right direction. We're getting cheap, savvy vets to fill in our talent-deprived roster instead of trying to use a bunch of 6th rounders and undrafted guys. We're not overpaying for the likes of Devard Darling and Demorrio Williams.

The Chiefs are getting better this offseason. You have to be blind not to see it.

dbolan
03-18-2009, 10:29 AM
So, we now have 9 recievers on our roster. If we went into the season tomorrow who would our starters be?
Bowe, Bradley and Engram? Didn't they just re-sign Webb? This is very confusing. I'd rather have two good recievers than 1 good one and 8 mediocre-bad.

ROGER THAT!

jmlamerson
03-18-2009, 11:32 AM
I am not sold on Raji, he makes me think of this kid I knew in High school that was always hanging out down by the auto shop trying to pick fights with the kids that smoked pot at lunch time everyday . He might be a awsome college player but I have to wonder if he is as good as his hype. As for Biesel I totally agree with you , he is a good solid player that doesn't get alot of press coverage because he he doesn't have a huge ego and usually doesn't go after big money as well as being the starter for the Cards last year in the SB. Great pick up for us and if we do get Curry he will learn from 2 journey men for sure.:bananen_smilies046:

Glad you agree about Biesel. I can't believe people are down on these signings. We're getting quality vets for cheap at positions of great need. How is this in any way a bad thing?

As for Raji, whenever Pioli had a high pick with the Pats he always used it on DL: Seymour, Warren, Wilfork, etc. He spent the pick last year on OJ Mayo, simply because the Pats are stacked on the DL (Ty Warren, Seymour, Jarvis Green, and Wilfork). I don't see him deviating from that in this draft, especially because we don't have any proven 3-4 DL right now. Hell, our 4-3 DL is one of the worst in the league. I think he's going to trade down with a team that wants Curry (Browns are my bet) and pick Raji at 5.

That being said, if we get Curry at 3, it won't exactly break my heart. He's going to be a good/great LB in this league.

Sn@keIze
03-18-2009, 01:06 PM
Whats all this talk about Beisel being a starter?

Theres a reason we got rid of him.

theres a reason Pats got rid of him.

theres a reason Cards didnt retain him.

Hes not a starter! He was never a starter. Only a backup and special teamer. And thats exactly what he will do here......hopefully.

jmlamerson
03-18-2009, 01:30 PM
Whats all this talk about Beisel being a starter?

Theres a reason we got rid of him.

theres a reason Pats got rid of him.

theres a reason Cards didnt retain him.

Hes not a starter! He was never a starter. Only a backup and special teamer. And thats exactly what he will do here......hopefully.

He started in the SB last year. He started with the Pats in 2005 and Arizona in 2007.

As we have only two real LBs (Vrabel and DJ), I think Beisel's chances of being a starter for the Chiefs next year are pretty good.

We got rid of Beisel because CP was an idiot, who thought he could get the same production at the LB spot with anyone. Which is why he let guys like Beisel and Kawika Mitchell go and put guys like Pat Thomas and the corpse of Donnie Edwards in their places.

Codac
03-18-2009, 02:30 PM
These are people that can help us out now. Pioli sure is doing a great job of putting a team together that will make an impact in the upcoming season, glad to see Monty back as he is one of those guys that always seems to be in the right place at the right time. We still have time and may get Pace but I dunno if Pioli wants Holt, he may be to much of a cost factor.

Money means nothing to Pioli right now. We have plenty. Even with Cassel and the #3 pick we still have enough money to get a high-end player, if there was any. We could definately use Pace, but as much as I like and want Holt, we have signed 3 WR's this offseason, so he isn't an option.

jmlamerson
03-18-2009, 02:48 PM
Money means nothing to Pioli right now. We have plenty. Even with Cassel and the #3 pick we still have enough money to get a high-end player, if there was any. We could definately use Pace, but as much as I like and want Holt, we have signed 3 WR's this offseason, so he isn't an option.

Doesn't mean we can't sign more. Guys like Webb, Robinson, and Franklin probably end up on the practice squad or get cut. Copper's a special teams guy more than a WR. Engram's a bit injury prone. Getting Holt isn't a bad idea even slightly.

Sn@keIze
03-18-2009, 03:04 PM
He started in the SB last year. He started with the Pats in 2005 and Arizona in 2007.
.No he didnt! The Cards LB starters were Okeafer, Hayes and Dansby. Beisel backed up Hayes. Why, he only had 20 tackles last season.

Does that many tackles sound like a starter to you?

Arizona Cardinals Depth Chart (http://www.nfl.com/teams/arizonacardinals/depthchart?team=ARI)

The Pats LBS in the 3-4 were Mcginest, Bruschi , Johnson and Vrabel. You telling me the Beisel started over one of those guys?

No, he backed up one of the ILBs.

Let me put it to you this way. Beisel was a special teamer/backup here. and here is where he had most of his tackles in a season.. at 50 some. Not NE, not Arizona.

Beisel is a backup and will be backing up Vrabel and Curry.....hopefully.

yashi
03-18-2009, 03:14 PM
Doesn't mean we can't sign more. Guys like Webb, Robinson, and Franklin probably end up on the practice squad or get cut. Copper's a special teams guy more than a WR. Engram's a bit injury prone. Getting Holt isn't a bad idea even slightly.

that's weird to me that you think Franklin might get cut. he's 23 and going into just his 2nd year, and is possibly the fastest player on the team.

I'd like Holt too, but I don't think there's anything wrong with our WR corp right now.

Slot receiver running short routes - Engram (94 catches 2 years ago)
Intermediate routes & screens - Bowe
Deep threats - Bradley/Franklin.

Sn@keIze
03-18-2009, 03:19 PM
that's weird to me that you think Franklin might get cut. he's 23 and going into just his 2nd year, and is possibly the fastest player on the team.

I'd like Holt too, but I don't think there's anything wrong with our WR corp right now.

Deep threats - Bradley/Franklin.Supposedly our fastest is Jamaal Charles....but Ive seen him get run down before.

Engram had 94 catches 2 years ago?! Well that make me feel better. I just cant get over his age.

jmlamerson
03-18-2009, 03:33 PM
No he didnt! The Cards LB starters were Okeafer, Hayes and Dansby. Beisel backed up Hayes. Why, he only had 20 tackles last season.

Does that many tackles sound like a starter to you?

Arizona Cardinals Depth Chart (http://www.nfl.com/teams/arizonacardinals/depthchart?team=ARI)

The Pats LBS in the 3-4 were Mcginest, Bruschi , Johnson and Vrabel. You telling me the Beisel started over one of those guys?

No, he backed up one of the ILBs.

Let me put it to you this way. Beisel was a special teamer/backup here. and here is where he had most of his tackles in a season.. at 50 some. Not NE, not Arizona.

Beisel is a backup and will be backing up Vrabel and Curry.....hopefully.

SB is short for Super Bowl. Where Beisel started this year.

Super Bowl XLIII - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_bowl_xliii)

Beisel started at ILB for the Pats in 2005.

http://www.patriots.com/team/index.cfm?ac=playerbio&bio=30936

Beisel started at ILB for the Cardinals in 2007 (and 2008) whenever they were in the 3-4. Not when they were in the 4-3.

Beisel is going to be our opening day ILB next season. If we draft Curry, we'll start him at OLB, not at ILB, next season.

jmlamerson
03-18-2009, 03:39 PM

Deep threats - Bradley/Franklin.

Youth doesn't necessarily equal talent. And people cut bad draft picks every year. Especially if they're under new management. Franklin is very, very fast. But speed isn't going to be the most important aspect of our offense. Toughness, longevity, and route running are.

Brodie Croyle to Will Franklin could have been the greatest touch football duo of all time. But they're too breakable for the NFL game. I think Franklin is practice squadded this year, not cut, by the way.

I don't think Engram will stay healthy all 16 games. I think a depth chart of:

Bowe/Holt/Engram/Bradley

would allow the Chiefs to spread the field, and it would give them plenty of good WRs in case of injury.

Sn@keIze
03-18-2009, 03:54 PM
SB is short for Super Bowl. Where Beisel started this year.

Super Bowl XLIII - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_bowl_xliii)

Beisel started at ILB for the Pats in 2005.

Monty Beisel - Official New England Patriots Biography (http://www.patriots.com/team/index.cfm?ac=playerbio&bio=30936)

Beisel started at ILB for the Cardinals in 2007 (and 2008) whenever they were in the 3-4. Not when they were in the 4-3.

Beisel is going to be our opening day ILB next season. If we draft Curry, we'll start him at OLB, not at ILB, next season.:iamwithstupid:

Thanks for providing the link for what the superbowl is.

Your links provide nothing to back your lame post up. In 2005 he had 43 tackles. Thats not good enough for starters.

Congratulations, Ive just witnessed the dumbest post ever courtesy jmlamerson.:sign0098:

Beisels most successful season was 54 tackles! Hes a backup!

jmlamerson
03-18-2009, 04:07 PM
:iamwithstupid:

Thanks for providing the link for what the superbowl is.

Your links provide nothing to back your lame post up. In 2005 he had 43 tackles. Thats not good enough for starters.

Congratulations, Ive just witnessed the dumbest post ever courtesy jmlamerson.:sign0098:

Beisels most successful season was 54 tackles! Hes a backup!

Maybe you just don't understand what the word "starter" means. I'm not surprised - it's a pretty long one. It means the player who lines up in a position on the football field at the beginning of the game. Beisel started for the teams I listed. I linked to the SB page because it listed the starting lineups, you genius you.

Is this really that hard for you to understand?

If you want to argue that he shouldn't start because his production isn't good, that's one thing. But he started for the teams I listed. It really isn't arguable for people who can read what's on the sites.

Sn@keIze
03-18-2009, 04:30 PM
Maybe you just don't understand what the word "starter" means. I'm not surprised - it's a pretty long one. It means the player who lines up in a position on the football field at the beginning of the game. Beisel started for the teams I listed. I linked to the SB page because it listed the starting lineups, you genius you.

Is this really that hard for you to understand?

If you want to argue that he shouldn't start because his production isn't good, that's one thing. But he started for the teams I listed. It really isn't arguable for people who can read what's on the sites.Find me a depth chart where Beisel is the starter.

In the SB. (thank god I know what that is due to your link) Hayes has more Tackles than Beisel. Who in the depth chart is leading Beisel.

In the Pats Depth chart he is behing Bruschi.

jmlamerson
03-18-2009, 04:50 PM
Find me a depth chart where Beisel is the starter.

In the SB. (thank god I know what that is due to your link) Hayes has more Tackles than Beisel. Who in the depth chart is leading Beisel.

Are you brain dead? We aren't talking about who had more tackles. Beisel was the starter at ILB in the Super Bowl. Go to the starting lineups portion of the link. Or go watch the game and see who's on the field for the first defensive series.

For the Pats, I provided you a link. I know it's hard for someone as "special" as you, but all you have to do is click on it and it opens up. After it does, you can read where it states that Beisel was the opening day starter at ILB for the Pats.

I've met mushrooms who knew more about football than you.

Canada
03-18-2009, 04:55 PM
Are you brain dead? We aren't talking about who had more tackles. Beisel was the starter at ILB in the Super Bowl. Go to the starting lineups portion of the link. Or go watch the game and see who's on the field for the first defensive series.

For the Pats, I provided you a link. I know it's hard for someone as "special" as you, but all you have to do is click on it and it opens up. After it does, you can read where it states that Beisel was the opening day starter at ILB for the Pats.

you've met mushrooms?

Sn@keIze
03-18-2009, 04:56 PM

I've met mushrooms who knew more about football than you.ya I bet youve had your share of shrooms and then some.

But ultimataly back to the point. Beisel is not a starter!!

hes a special teamer/backup.

I f ..I... h a v e.. t o.. t y p e ..s l o w e r ...f o r ...y o u ...J M ..I ..c a n .

jmlamerson
03-18-2009, 04:58 PM
you've met mushrooms?

Sure. They used to try to talk me out of deep frying them and having them with some ranch dressing. They never did talk me out of it though.

Canada
03-18-2009, 05:02 PM
I like mushrooms too
http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk216/sijen7/magic_mushrooms.jpg

tornadospotter
03-18-2009, 05:03 PM
Sure. They used to try to talk me out of deep frying them and having them with some ranch dressing. They never did talk me out of it though.
I never eat mushrooms, to me it was like cannibalism, at my old job I was always kept in the dark and fed a bunch of s###.:D

jmlamerson
03-18-2009, 05:15 PM
ya I bet youve had your share of shrooms and then some.

But ultimataly back to the point. Beisel is not a starter!!

hes a special teamer/backup.

I f ..I... h a v e.. t o.. t y p e ..s l o w e r ...f o r ...y o u ...J M ..I ..c a n .

I don't know if you're being purposefully or accidentally dumb here. Beisel started for the Pats in 2005, AZ in 2007, and in the SB in 2008. It's there in black and white. He didn't accrue many tackles because (1) LBs don't accrue as many tackles in the 3-4; and (2) he was subbed a lot.

I know you don't think he did enough to be a starter here, but you have to be dumber than a stump if you want to keep claiming he didn't start in the places I listed.

EDIT: I just noticed that you haven't figured out that there are four LBs, not three, in the 3-4. Maybe you should start looking at the depth charts that way.

jmlamerson
03-18-2009, 05:19 PM
I never eat mushrooms, to me it was like cannibalism, at my old job I was always kept in the dark and fed a bunch of s###.:D

Were you in the FBI?

Sn@keIze
03-18-2009, 05:28 PM
I don't know if you're being purposefully or accidentally dumb here. Beisel started for the Pats in 2005, AZ in 2007, and in the SB in 2008. It's there in black and white. He didn't accrue many tackles because (1) LBs don't accrue as many tackles in the 3-4; and (2) he was subbed a lot.

I know you don't think he did enough to be a starter here, but you have to be dumber than a stump if you want to keep claiming he didn't start in the places I listed.

EDIT: I just noticed that you haven't figured out that there are four LBs, not three, in the 3-4. Maybe you should start looking at the depth charts that way.Hmmmm, evidently you arent reading my previous post. 1) Mcginest 2) Bruschi 3) Johnson 4) Vrabel. Thats 4 dipsh!t. And those are the Pats 2005 starters.

And the Cards:Arizona Cardinals Depth Chart (http://www.nfl.com/teams/arizonacardinals/depthchart?team=ARI)

Does that look like 3-4 to you?

jmlamerson
03-18-2009, 05:35 PM
Hmmmm, evidently you arent reading my previous post. 1) Mcginest 2) Bruschi 3) Johnson 4) Vrabel. Thats 4 dipsh!t. And those are the Pats 2005 starters.

And the Cards:Arizona Cardinals Depth Chart (http://www.nfl.com/teams/arizonacardinals/depthchart?team=ARI)

Does that look like 3-4 to you?

Who's Johnson? And Bruschi didn't come back from his stroke until mid-year. You f'n idiot.

2005 New England Patriots season - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_New_England_Patriots_season)

Nice try though. Thanks for playing. Get smarter before you post again.

Canada
03-18-2009, 05:37 PM
OK, seriously. shut up. This is getting ridiculous. Who cares who started for the Pats in 2005? this is the most assinine conversation ever. You guys sound like a couple of 6 year olds. At least try and be funny when you insult each other.

Sn@keIze
03-18-2009, 05:41 PM
What the hell is it going to take for you to admit that beisel has been a backup all his career. Here in KC, in NE and Arizona.

If Bruschi was out with an injury. Then evidentaly Monte was his Backup which is why he played.

Lay off the Shrooms!!!!!

Sn@keIze
03-18-2009, 05:46 PM
OK, seriously. shut up. This is getting ridiculous. Who cares who started for the Pats in 2005? this is the most assinine conversation ever. You guys sound like a couple of 6 year olds. At least try and be funny when you insult each other.Fine. My whole point is, like when I first brought this up.

Is Beisel is not starter material.

He is back up/ Special team material.

If he was that good he wouldnt have to bounce around from team to team.

He fills the special team holes.

His most productive season was here, as a backup, in the 4-3.

yashi
03-18-2009, 06:42 PM
My personal belief..

If we draft Curry, Beisel does not start in week 1.

If we draft anyone else, Beisel starts in week 1.

unless of course Pioli finds someone else between now and then capable of playing ILB.

Coach
03-18-2009, 07:05 PM
Find me a depth chart where Beisel is the starter.

Cut it out you two.

chief31
03-18-2009, 10:21 PM
he has been the best player in the draft now for more than a week. He has been that since the end of the collage games. What he did in the combine just layered it in gold.

Pioli will do the right thing with the first pick. its his legacy, and he will always be linked to him.

He was expected to go between 5-15 when the season ended.

I won't be irate if we take him. But I will not approve.

True. It's more of a gut call than anything. I don't see Franklin being part of Pioli's long term plans. He's a small, breakable speedy receiver who doesn't play a part of the return game. Not a Pioli (or Haley, for that matter) type at all.

And everyone complaining because they think a guy like Biesel is washed up - he was a starting LB on a SB team last year. He clearly has something left in the tank. Guys like Roman Phifer were thought washed up journeymen, and Pioli turned them into SB starters.

Biesel and Vrabel will be our ILBs in 2009. DJ will be one OLB. Our other OLB will either be a draft pick (Curry, maybe), Demorrio Williams, or maybe a converted DE. I still think there's a very, very good chance we go Raji at 3 to get our NT of the future.

Our team is moving in the right direction. We're getting cheap, savvy vets to fill in our talent-deprived roster instead of trying to use a bunch of 6th rounders and undrafted guys. We're not overpaying for the likes of Devard Darling and Demorrio Williams.

The Chiefs are getting better this offseason. You have to be blind not to see it.

I wouldn't be surprised in the least, if Herms players get treated the way Herm treated Vermiels players.

If I were a player on The Chiefs, who was drafted by Herm Edwards, I would be very worried about my future.

As for this statement...

Getting better than 2-14 is nothing.

I don't see them getting good yet.

Both the O-line and the D-line are the same as they were last season.

Obviously, that can still change alot.

And with Pioli having gotten his QB, I fully expect him to get some protection for him.

Haley is all about the offense. So I expect him to be on board with that notion as well.

I feel pretty confident that we will go OT with the 3rd pick in the draft.

AkChief49
03-19-2009, 06:33 PM
I feel pretty confident that we will go OT with the 3rd pick in the draft.
I feel myself starting to bounce off of the Curry wagon.(still on but barely) It would be good to get Monroe or Smith-trade down and get a lineman and a LB, however it shakes out. We'll all find out in 36 days!

AussieChiefsFan
03-20-2009, 05:40 AM
We have a load of money but the season upcoming isn't the only thing we have to think about. We will not become a SB contender in 1 offseason infact, I see this being atleast 3 years and Pioli isn't going to spend up all of his cap room this offseason and put us in danger of needing to unload some of our signings from this offseason next year or the next after just to get cap room. The bottom line is he has to leave enough room to be able to get the players we need on a 3 year plan. This is my thought on why he isn't going after a big name not to mention that usually those big names get a pay day then more times then not don't pay off in the end. So supplimentally we have money now but we also need the money down the road.;)
perfect

Codac
03-20-2009, 03:01 PM
Franklin's going to be cut or placed on practice squad this summer. Bowe, Engram, Bradley, and Copper (in that order) will be our WRs.

Franklin? What makes you say that? It would make sense though. Pioli is bringing in players he wants. He is probably going to purge all our previous WR's for all his WR's. Sad. I really liked Franklin, being a huge Missouri fan and all.

jmlamerson
03-20-2009, 03:55 PM
Franklin? What makes you say that? It would make sense though. Pioli is bringing in players he wants. He is probably going to purge all our previous WR's for all his WR's. Sad. I really liked Franklin, being a huge Missouri fan and all.

Why would they keep him? Small, breakable players, no matter how fast, really aren't Pioli type players. Especially ones that don't play in the return game. We brought in guys like Engram and Copper specifically because of that. And we do have a lot of WRs already on the roster.

I think they give Franklin pre-season to show something. If he doesn't, I think it's the practice squad (or worse) for him.

SDChief09
03-21-2009, 12:51 PM
Im not positive, but I think Franklin was active for too many games to be eligible for P.S...maybe not, I think K-Rob is probably the more likely cut...Franklin just looked lost, much like a lot of guys did last season...hopefully Engram, and others, can take these guys under their wing.