PDA

View Full Version : Why so much hate?

Canada
03-18-2009, 04:28 PM
I have noticed a lot of animosity on the boards lately. It seems like everyone is fighting with everyone this offseason. I could understand it last year but why now? We are putting together a pretty good roster, new management, new coaches and still everyone seems to be fighting with each other. I have read a thread with a fight between Chief31 and DH (not that those two arguing is new :D ) and another one with prough and jmlamerson. Dbolan thinks I am following him around because he made one comment that I disagreed with and now has a hissy fit every time I post something in the same thread as him. Is this just an internet thing where you can act like an as$ cause you don't have to look at someone while you insult them? I guess this just continues to back my theory that some people will argue and complain no matter what. I just think that we should all sit back, take a deep breath and re read the forum rules about personal attacks. I am not pointing the finger at anyone in particular ( I have deleted a few of my own posts for the same thing ) but seriously guys, we are all Chiefs fans and we are all acting like as$holes to each other. So why don't we all just relax, have a cold beer and be friends.

Dbolan I apologize for anything I may have said to offend you. I do not like people bashing my team and when I commented about something you said then it may have gotten blown out of proportion and for that I am sorry. :bananen_smilies046:

Sn@keIze
03-18-2009, 04:36 PM
I have noticed a lot of animosity on the boards lately. It seems like everyone is fighting with everyone this offseason. I could understand it last year but why now? We are putting together a pretty good roster, new management, new coaches and still everyone seems to be fighting with each other. I have read a thread with a fight between Chief31 and DH (not that those two arguing is new :D ) and another one with prough and jmlamerson. Dbolan thinks I am following him around because he made one comment that I disagreed with and now has a hissy fit every time I post something in the same thread as him. Is this just an internet thing where you can act like an as$ cause you don't have to look at someone while you insult them? I guess this just continues to back my theory that some people will argue and complain no matter what. I just think that we should all sit back, take a deep breath and re read the forum rules about personal attacks. I am not pointing the finger at anyone in particular ( I have deleted a few of my own posts for the same thing ) but seriously guys, we are all Chiefs fans and we are all acting like as to each other. So why don't we all just relax, have a cold beer and be friends.

Dbolan I apologize for anything I may have said to offend you. I do not like people bashing my team and when I commented about something you said then it may have gotten blown out of proportion and for that I am sorry. :bananen_smilies046:**** YOU!!!!

just kidding:D

pbatrucker
03-18-2009, 04:50 PM
I have noticed a lot of animosity on the boards lately. It seems like everyone is fighting with everyone this offseason. I could understand it last year but why now? We are putting together a pretty good roster, new management, new coaches and still everyone seems to be fighting with each other. I have read a thread with a fight between Chief31 and DH (not that those two arguing is new :D ) and another one with prough and jmlamerson. Dbolan thinks I am following him around because he made one comment that I disagreed with and now has a hissy fit every time I post something in the same thread as him. Is this just an internet thing where you can act like an as$ cause you don't have to look at someone while you insult them? I guess this just continues to back my theory that some people will argue and complain no matter what. I just think that we should all sit back, take a deep breath and re read the forum rules about personal attacks. I am not pointing the finger at anyone in particular ( I have deleted a few of my own posts for the same thing ) but seriously guys, we are all Chiefs fans and we are all acting like as to each other. So why don't we all just relax, have a cold beer and be friends.

Dbolan I apologize for anything I may have said to offend you. I do not like people bashing my team and when I commented about something you said then it may have gotten blown out of proportion and for that I am sorry. :bananen_smilies046:
Well put Canada. Let's all shack hands, have a couple of cold ones and discuss how we can fix all the Chiefs problems.
:bananen_smilies046: :11:

tornadospotter
03-18-2009, 04:53 PM
Well put Canada. Let's all shack hands, have a couple of cold ones and discuss how we can fix all the Chiefs problems.
:bananen_smilies046: :11:
I agree, Canada, you buy the first round. :bananen_smilies046:

Canada
03-18-2009, 04:53 PM
I agree, Canada, you buy the first round. :bananen_smilies046:

I will buy the first round but the next 35 are up to you guys!! :bananen_smilies046:

Drunker Hillbilly
03-18-2009, 04:55 PM

I know I feel the same but I think when you get a group of males in particular together talking about football, this type of thing just happens. I think it always will. I agree though. Maybe when we read a post that we don't agree with we should preface our reply with " I disagree and this is why" Probably won't happen but It just seems like with my argument with 31, if I post something that he doesn't agree with, he basically tell me I'm wrong. I post stats directly from NFL.com, I'm still wrong. I for one get tired of being told that my opinion means nothing and I am wrong about everything I say. Maybe not in so many words but strictly by implication. I don't think I am any different from anyone else however.

I'm not sure what the answer is and don't even know if there is an answer. As the old saying goes "winning cures everything" maybe you believe this and maybe you don't but it sure "helps" things!!! I believe if you have read some of my posts lately, I am in favor of what has been done this offseason thus far and have done almost a complete 180 as far as pesamism goes from last season. My main complaint as most know was CP. We have him no longer so IMO there is only one direction to go. So, I am in aggreeance with you on this one Canada but you as well as anyone knows that boys will be boys and S*** HAPPENS when it comes to talking football!!! Cheers brother!!!:bananen_smilies046:

tornadospotter
03-18-2009, 04:56 PM
I will buy the first round but the next 35 are up to you guys!! :bananen_smilies046:
35? Your not going to drink any?

Canada
03-18-2009, 04:59 PM
I know I feel the same but I think when you get a group of males in particular together talking about football, this type of thing just happens. I think it always will. I agree though. Maybe when we read a post that we don't agree with we should preface our reply with " I disagree and this is why" Probably won't happen but It just seems like with my argument with 31, if I post something that he doesn't agree with, he basically tell me I'm wrong. I post stats directly from NFL.com, I'm still wrong. I for one get tired of being told that my opinion means nothing and I am wrong about everything I say. Maybe not in so many words but strictly by implication. I don't think I am any different from anyone else however.

I'm not sure what the answer is and don't even know if there is an answer. As the old saying goes "winning cures everything" maybe you believe this and maybe you don't but it sure "helps" things!!! I believe if you have read some of my posts lately, I am in favor of what has been done this offseason thus far and have done almost a complete 180 as far as pesamism goes from last season. My main complaint as most know was CP. We have him no longer so IMO there is only one direction to go. So, I am in aggreeance with you on this one Canada but you as well as anyone knows that boys will be boys and S*** HAPPENS when it comes to talking football!!! Cheers brother!!!:bananen_smilies046:

No doubt, and I am not pointing out anyone in particular. We are all doing it, I just think that sometimes it is the little comments in the posts too. I have read some interesting posts and then someone has to end it with "I've met mushrooms who know more about football than you" or "are you brain dead?" These comments to not provoke intelligent conversation and then it is a thread calling each other stupid!! Just gets boring to read after a while!!

I have noticed you being the little optimist this year too!! Hows it feel?? :D :bananen_smilies046:

Canada
03-18-2009, 05:00 PM
35? Your not going to drink any?

35 rounds, I will be in on all of them...can u keep up? :drunkhb:

tornadospotter
03-18-2009, 05:07 PM
35 rounds, I will be in on all of them...can u keep up? :drunkhb:
Keep up yes. Stand up prolly not.

Canada
03-18-2009, 05:09 PM
Keep up yes. Stand up prolly not.

Its on old man!! Me :drunkhb: vs you :11:

tornadospotter
03-18-2009, 05:12 PM
Its on old man!! Me :drunkhb: vs you :11:
YouTube - Rocky Theme from part 2

Canada
03-18-2009, 05:15 PM
I believe you are more like

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2009/03/118.jpg

tornadospotter
03-18-2009, 05:20 PM
YouTube - the simpsons (the beer song)
Ok how about this then.

Canada
03-18-2009, 05:20 PM
YouTube - "The Beer Song" by psychostick

Drunker Hillbilly
03-18-2009, 05:24 PM
No doubt, and I am not pointing out anyone in particular. We are all doing it, I just think that sometimes it is the little comments in the posts too. I have read some interesting posts and then someone has to end it with "I've met mushrooms who know more about football than you" or "are you brain dead?" These comments to not provoke intelligent conversation and then it is a thread calling each other stupid!! Just gets boring to read after a while!!

I have noticed you being the little optimist this year too!! Hows it feel?? :D :bananen_smilies046:
I am just one of those people that is fairly hard headed! When I believe in something I defend my opinions to the end. I had the beliefe that CP was the direct cause of the teams lack of success therefore my negativity was shining through! I believe most of what I had said was true so I didn't mind continuing to speak my mind.

My reasoning behind me leaning to the optomistic side this year is two fold I guess. One being there isn't much farther down we can go so......and two being that I saw a team in Az turn around the last couple of years and Haley was one of those reasons. 31 will disagree with me but I watched every Cardinals game last year as I have for the past 15 years strictly because I live here and they are normally on at a different time than the Chiefs. They just acted like a different football team! The way they carried theirselves, the way they played games etc. The players actually liked Haley regardless of what the TV showed with arguments with Boldin and Warner. Happens on every single team!!! There is a reason why Whisenhunt will be calling the plays this year in Az. Haley did a good job and like I said, to me offense is a crucial part of the game. More so than defense IMO. Haley has helped run a prolific offense the last couple of years and has had some success regardless of their opponents. You can only play who the NFL puts in front of you. As I said before, getting rid of CP is another reason for my optimism. Now let me point out that my optimism is guaged only by the fact that I think we will be a better team this year than we were last year! Not going to win the Championship!!!! However, I like what Pioli has done so far and lets face it, he was a key to why the Patriots were so successfull over the last several years. Again, he can only do better than what we had so this is why I am patiently optimistic.

chief31
03-18-2009, 09:37 PM

I don't know about "Boring". :D

I am just one of those people that is fairly hard headed! When I believe in something I defend my opinions to the end. I had the beliefe that CP was the direct cause of the teams lack of success therefore my negativity was shining through! I believe most of what I had said was true so I didn't mind continuing to speak my mind.

My reasoning behind me leaning to the optomistic side this year is two fold I guess. One being there isn't much farther down we can go so......and two being that I saw a team in Az turn around the last couple of years and Haley was one of those reasons. 31 will disagree with me

Let me interrupt you right here... (Surprised, ain't ya?)

Aside form the 6-0 record that they had against the horrible NFC West, they were 3-7.

I'm not sure what you saw, but there isn't a whole lot that I can even imagine seeing in that team.

Once the playoffs arrived, I definitely agree that they were a different team.

but I watched every Cardinals game last year as I have for the past 15 years strictly because I live here and they are normally on at a different time than the Chiefs. They just acted like a different football team! The way they carried theirselves, the way they played games etc. The players actually liked Haley regardless of what the TV showed with arguments with Boldin and Warner. Happens on every single team!!! There is a reason why Whisenhunt will be calling the plays this year in Az. Haley did a good job and like I said, to me offense is a crucial part of the game. More so than defense IMO. Haley has helped run a prolific offense the last couple of years and has had some success regardless of their opponents. You can only play who the NFL puts in front of you. As I said before, getting rid of CP is another reason for my optimism. Now let me point out that my optimism is guaged only by the fact that I think we will be a better team this year than we were last year! Not going to win the Championship!!!! However, I like what Pioli has done so far and lets face it, he was a key to why the Patriots were so successfull over the last several years. Again, he can only do better than what we had so this is why I am patiently optimistic.

But, I may have been a bit harsh on ya in the other thread.

I was a was riled-up over you putting words in my mouth. But that was likely just a bit of confusion about what member had posted what opinions.

I often want to peg you, or TC as having expressed some opinion in the past, but can't remember which of you I was debating at that time.

So, beacuse I don't want to dig through months and months of topics, I usually have to bite my tonge (typing finger) on those.

I am forced to get along with my frackin wife, I am forced to get along with my kids, I am forced to obey the speed laws on the highway and I am forced to not shoot people that I hate, why the hell can't I have the freedom to speak my mind if I don't agree with something that someone says? Why can't I call a guy on something if I feel they are doing something out of spite or just being hatefull.

You can. But you have to expect some backlash from that.

I have been barraged by the mobs many times in here. And if something I express rubs more than one person the wrong way, then I fully expect to have multiple responses.

It's easy to feel like everyone is ganging up on me. But, if you pick a fight with a mob, then you need to know that that is coming.

And just about every opinion that you can express around here is going against some mob of other members.

Often, it is a mob of people who were at each others' throats earlier that same day.

Usually, the mob that is opposing you just naturally thins, by folks going to bed, and never finding the topic again, or moving past it, and forgetting to return.

This leaves me and TC, or DH going about it in a one-on-one debate.

I am one of the most posotive Chiefs fans on this site and I am backing everything that Pioli and Haley are doing to this point

Ya know, supporting poor decisions (Eye of the beholder) can be viewed as being extremely negative, by some.

yet like Canada I am finding it difficult to have a decent convo regardless of wether or not we agree on things when it comes to the Chiefs. Are we all still just stuck in the frackin CP _ Herm the Worm era or can we please move forward and all become true blue Chiefs fans and be posotive about the team until they prove that they can't beat their puds?

Probably not.

I know that if they aren't doing the things that I am convinced are the things that need to be done, then They are going to be in a "Prove it" situation, where I have alot of doubts, and they have to show me that I am wrong.

I mean really guys, I hate it when people go and tell someone that I am bein a bully and that I have to be asked to watch how I approach certain people here. The point I am getting at is this, the Hardcore section is not for the timid so if you can't call your own balls in there you shouldn't post in there. Thats why it's the HARDCORE FORUM LMMFASTFO!!!!!!!!!!!
I am with Canada on most of what he said but sometimes a guy just has to stand up and say **** THIS I HAVE HAD IT!
There, now I feel better :D

In all actuallity, you might want to consult the sites admins about what the Hardcore forum is for.

I have been to sites that allow all degrees of language, name-calling and general attacks.

If you feel the need to rip into someone, PM me and I will guide you to a site that fits that bill.

But, be warned, those sites will likely just p*** you off even more. :D

Chiefster
03-18-2009, 10:08 PM
Just so there's no ambiguity; I will edit every creative spelling of the "F" bomb I come across. It is nothing more then an attempt to circumvent the filter.

chiefnut
03-19-2009, 11:44 AM
i know you guys aren't talkin 'bout me, i'm so sweet i don't need sugar in my coffee.

as CHIEFS sites go this is the most civil i have found, tis the reason i like it. a winning season will mellow out most if not all turning negativity into unbridaled enthusiasm.

tornadospotter
03-19-2009, 11:57 AM
i know you guys aren't talkin 'bout me, i'm so sweet i don't need sugar in my coffee.

as CHIEFS sites go this is the most civil i have found, tis the reason i like it. a winning season will mellow out most if not all turning negativity into unbridaled enthusiasm.
:lol:
I am so sweet, I am scared to go out in the rain. :D

tornadospotter
03-19-2009, 12:02 PM
Just so there's no ambiguity; I will edit every creative spelling of the "F" bomb I come across. It is nothing more then an attempt to circumvent the filter.

YouTube - When it's ok to say the "F" word

But never say it here.

Vandelay
03-19-2009, 12:07 PM
:lol:
I am so sweet, I am scared to go out in the rain. :D
Awwe, isn't that just precious.:D

Sn@keIze
03-19-2009, 04:57 PM
YouTube - When it's ok to say the "F" word (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYDDBA05wrs)

But never say it here.:funnypost: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The train one was priceless.

tornadospotter
03-19-2009, 05:25 PM
That plane one has to be a fake, if not their toast!
Fake, near miss, or one dang tough camera!:D

Sn@keIze
03-19-2009, 05:52 PM
Fake, near miss, or one dang tough camera!:D:lol: :lol: :lol:

tornadospotter strikes again.

Chiefster
03-21-2009, 02:57 AM
YouTube - When it's ok to say the "F" word (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYDDBA05wrs)

But never say it here.

Good one! :lol:

AussieChiefsFan
03-21-2009, 10:41 PM

But never say it here.
That is one of the nest Youtube videos i have ever seen!!:lol:

prough91
03-22-2009, 11:44 PM
Me and Chris (not jamerson) got into it a little that one day, but I thought we resolved it quite nicely.

chief31
03-23-2009, 03:08 AM
I understand what the Hardcore forum is all about , I have owned the type of sites you are refering to and you are correct they usually end up torking you bolt more. I understand the need to feel you should be shown that your team is doing what you feel is the right way of handling their current issues however, in most cases the team you cheer for may never do it the way you wish so instead of waiting for them to use the system you like the most why not cheer for a team that uses the system you like most? Personally I cheer for the Chiefs as I lived in KC alot of my childhood and it is in my heritage, family and what not so I cheer for them simply because it is what my family does. What ever the Chiefs are using is good with me as long as they are winning. I do think they have made the proper changes needed to fix their winning needs, to me if we sit around and complain or wish for things that might never happen is a waiste of time. Cheer for the positive things that happen and bltch about the negative things that happen, that to me is what the forum is all about not a place to post wishes that may never happen LMAO!

Wow.

Now you are gonna suggest that I go root for some other team?

And you wonder where all the hostility is coming from?

I root for The Chiefs because I love The Chiefs. And when I complain about The Chiefs, it's because I think that they are failing.

I am not happy about the team I love failing.

Thus, I express discontent.

Implying that ones discontent makes them less of a fan, suggests that you are a better fan.

Hinting that one should go root for some other team is insulting.

Let me ask you this, King Of All Chiefs Fans...

How incredible a Chiefs fan are you, that you attempt to drive fans from the team?

How superior is a fan that insults Chiefs fans for being Chiefs fans?

The fact that you are willing to close your eyes to the negative aspects of what's happening to the team, or just willing to trust that all will work out, does not make you a superior fan.

Just a different type of fan than I.

With each signing or trade, each Chiefs fan will try to determine rather they like the move.

Sometimes you will be right in your judgement. Sometimes you will be wrong.

Hopefully, since I am not real impressed so far, I will be wrong this time.

Chiefster
03-23-2009, 11:48 PM
Agreed, and I think this thread has run it's course.

Guru
03-24-2009, 04:32 AM
Wow.

Now you are gonna suggest that I go root for some other team?

And you wonder where all the hostility is coming from?

I root for The Chiefs because I love The Chiefs. And when I complain about The Chiefs, it's because I think that they are failing.

I am not happy about the team I love failing.

Thus, I express discontent.

Implying that ones discontent makes them less of a fan, suggests that you are a better fan.

Hinting that one should go root for some other team is insulting.

Let me ask you this, King Of All Chiefs Fans...

How incredible a Chiefs fan are you, that you attempt to drive fans from the team?

How superior is a fan that insults Chiefs fans for being Chiefs fans?

The fact that you are willing to close your eyes to the negative aspects of what's happening to the team, or just willing to trust that all will work out, does not make you a superior fan.

Just a different type of fan than I.

With each signing or trade, each Chiefs fan will try to determine rather they like the move.

Sometimes you will be right in your judgement. Sometimes you will be wrong.

Hopefully, since I am not real impressed so far, I will be wrong this time.Nice post Chief31. Couldn't have said it better myself.:sign0098::bananen_smilies046: