03-18-2009, 11:47 PM
Thoughts on a trade like this?
I would be all for it

tornadospotter
03-18-2009, 11:59 PM
I say no.

honda522
03-19-2009, 12:00 AM
NO NO NO NO! There are many reasons why we don't want Cutler. One being the baby he is about McDaniels wanting to trade him.

You really want someone that sensitive?

DT14PRIEST
03-19-2009, 12:15 AM
I really like Cutler as a football player but history as proven that Pioli and Haley can be just as cut throat as McDaniels, albeit they're more upfront about it and would throw it in Jay's face without concern so I doubt there is any real interest in him from the front office.

Sn@keIze
03-19-2009, 01:46 AM
I would be all for it
His stock has fallen dramatically as far as Im concerned. He just feeling sorry for himself.

Sure I can understand you were upset at first but get over it.

He thought he was soooo special that he shouldnt be considered being traded. I dont want someone like that.

warcrychief
03-19-2009, 02:04 AM
he looks better in a donks uni and getting it all wet lol

AussieChiefsFan
03-19-2009, 02:25 AM
I'd much rather have Cassel. End of story!

yashi
03-19-2009, 07:59 AM
I'd rather have Cutler the football player, but Cassel is better for the team... much more humble and understands the opportunity he's been blessed with, unlike the golden boy Cutler who's been handed everything on a silver plate and doesn't seem to care that he has the chance to shine with a SB OC/genius QB coach.

dbolan
03-19-2009, 09:30 AM
I would be all for it

I would do it. I don't think he is a baby at all. He is competitive as hell and wants to win. Not to mention that laser, rocket arm.

That 4th quarter comeback against the Browns last year totally sealed it up for me. Yes, I know it was the Browns but to be behind that much and to cram it down their throat without a running game....Dayum!

Jetski
03-19-2009, 09:45 AM
This is just my personal opinion, and the guy might be an outstanding person, but he just looks like a punk. Every time I see him I just cringe. I would never root for him as a chief, and would be very angry if something like that happened.

127markaz
03-19-2009, 09:51 AM
No thanks. Even if it made sense, ANY player who's under contract and tries to hold his team hostage in the media never gets a positive from me...IMO...IMO...IMO..!

dbolan
03-19-2009, 10:01 AM
This is just my personal opinion, and the guy might be an outstanding person, but he just looks like a punk. Every time I see him I just cringe. I would never root for him as a chief, and would be very angry if something like that happened.

Never judge a book by it's cover...

dbolan
03-19-2009, 10:11 AM
No thanks. Even if it made sense, ANY player who's under contract and tries to hold his team hostage in the media never gets a positive from me...IMO...IMO...IMO..!

Please tell me how he tried to hold them hostage???

The owner tells Cutler he is the guy... HE is their franchise Pro Bowl QB, then JM was actively "seeking" trades, then lied to him about about it!!

Cutler was pissed and decided to wait and cool off before meeting in person. They met and nothing got accomplished but JM is way more at fault because he said he wanted to work with Cutler from the start. To be honest, there are probably PLENTY of teams that would liek to have him on their roster.

I don't see the whining on this one...What I see is a very good up and coming star QB got "punked" by the new, ****y HC.

If Cutler goes elsewhere, I will do whatever I can to see him play against the Broncs and assert his revenge.

:beer:

Jetski
03-19-2009, 10:18 AM
Never judge a book by it's cover...

I know, I know, I just can't help it with this guy. Maybe its the uniform he wears!

Hayvern
03-19-2009, 10:22 AM
Pioli has the player he wanted. If he had wanted Cutler he would have worked out a three way deal to get him like the Bucs were trying to do.

I don't think I want him. I don't agree that Cutler is a cancer, and I do believe he will play very hard against Denver, wherever he ends up, but I saw some very very bad play out of Cutler this year which makes me wonder where his head is.

topgonzo
03-19-2009, 11:15 AM
NO! ok guys heres the deal...If it was a one person team sport hell ya but its not. The Chiefs are working on building a TEAM here. Cassel will have a good winning record and bring out the most in his teammates and earn respect. Maybe arm strength is not that of Cutler. Maybe he doesnt have some of the qualities Cutler has but was Lenny D physically better than Fran T or Johnny U? The quarterback position is a field general more than just a individual warrior. I for one want someone who will help build a championship team not someone who will just help maybe get us to the playoffs then choke and cry about it and then blame the coaches or other people for his own failures. WHY DO YOU THINK THAT DENVER WANTED CASSEL! Like it or not the Donkeys have been sucessful over the years and especially against the Chiefs. They saw somthing that they liked and that McDaniels liked and tried to pull the strings to get him in D town. Lets ride this one and enjoy having someone that could really be special. He has played with Tom Brady who is the best. He has played for BB who is one of the best now. Nough said.

Vandelay
03-19-2009, 11:33 AM
No way we trade Cassel for Cutler. Why help the Donk's get out of this cluster**** they have created? Not to mention, who wants a whiney little ***** like Cutler leading thier team. Just enjoy watching the Donks implode.

chiefnut
03-19-2009, 11:34 AM
there will be no cassel for cutler trade, makes no sense, pioli thinks he is the next tom brady

you might see cutler to detroit for the #1 pick, win/win
detroit gets a franchise qb, denvr trades the unhappy qb for the pick of the draft qb...stafford or sanchez and use simms for starters until the rookie is ready.

the jets really would luv cutler but don't have much to offer.

cleveland should trade both their qb's for cutler just to end their qb controversy.

Vandelay
03-19-2009, 11:42 AM
there will be no cassel for cutler trade, makes no sense, pioli thinks he is the next tom brady

you might see cutler to detroit for the #1 pick, win/win
detroit gets a franchise qb, denvr trades the unhappy qb for the pick of the draft qb...stafford or sanchez and use simms for starters until the rookie is ready.

the jets really would luv cutler but don't have much to offer.

cleveland should trade both their qb's for cutler just to end their qb controversy.
I would love to see Cutler get traded for someones # 1 pick, there's a 50/50 chance whoever they draft to replace him will be a bust. Plus it will eat up cap space, this could hurt the Donks for years to come.

65 Toss Power Trap
03-19-2009, 11:45 AM
Personally I think Cutler would be a huge upgrade at the QB position. Add in the fact that he would have a personal grudge to beat the Broncos twice a year and I think he could be a great QB for the Chiefs. It will never happen though. Pioli has his guy.

bigpoppachief
03-19-2009, 12:42 PM
I would be all for it

Never I h8 bronchoes He needs to stay a Bronchoe so our new defense can give him reasons to cry :D no seriously he is a good player but I think that theres no way Denever would do that and plus there is so much buzz about Cassell because he WANTS this more than anyone being a career backup he wants to play with the guy who pretty much drafted him.

jb908
03-19-2009, 01:29 PM
Cutler to Redskins in three-way deal? Cassel to Denver? - Sports Rumors - NFL - Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/Cutler-to-Redskins-in-three-way-deal-Cassel-to-?urn=nfl,149110)

cutler to reds, cassel to broncs and campbell to chiefs...

This would be horrible

Diesel
03-19-2009, 03:06 PM
Cutler to Redskins in three-way deal? Cassel to Denver? - Sports Rumors - NFL - Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/Cutler-to-Redskins-in-three-way-deal-Cassel-to-?urn=nfl,149110)

This would be horrible

That's retarded and no way in hell we would do it. Campbell sucks and is not even in the same class of Cutler and Cassel. If we did something like that it would be because there was some other MAJOR compensation coming our way besides Campbell period.

AkChief49
03-19-2009, 06:18 PM
Never I h8 bronchoes He needs to stay a Bronchoe so our new defense can give him reasons to cry :D no seriously he is a good player but I think that theres no way Denever would do that and plus there is so much buzz about Cassell because he WANTS this more than anyone being a career backup he wants to play with the guy who pretty much drafted him.
When he plays at Arrowhead it is Cutlers Last Stand!:24::24::24::bud::24::24::24:

tornadospotter
03-19-2009, 07:18 PM
When he plays at Arrowhead it is Cutlers Last Stand!:24::24::24::bud::24::24::24:
:lol: :sign0098: :bananen_smilies046:

Coach
03-19-2009, 07:36 PM

This would be horrible

Seriously, what bonehead thinks that the Chiefs would agree to that deal. It would take at least a 2nd and probably a first round pick in addition to Campbell just to start the talks. This sounds like a Donk fan grasping for straws.

Coach
03-19-2009, 07:40 PM
I would be all for it

Funny enough, I have been ridiculed on two seperate occasions on NFL radio for even bringing this up. "it would never happen" is what I've been told.

I think Pioli would consider a Cutler for Cassell deal if the Chiefs got Denver's 2nd round pick. Other than that, why would the Chiefs want to help Denver out this mess?

If you are a Chiefs fan, could this really have went any better? The longer it drags on, the better it becomes. It has divided the Broncos fans and turned many against the organization and the new regime.

It really is too good to be true.

tornadospotter
03-19-2009, 07:48 PM
Funny enough, I have been ridiculed on two seperate occasions on NFL radio for even bringing this up. "it would never happen" is what I've been told.

I think Pioli would consider a Cutler for Cassell deal if the Chiefs got Denver's 2nd round pick. Other than that, why would the Chiefs want to help Denver out this mess?

If you are a Chiefs fan, could this really have went any better? The longer it drags on, the better it becomes. It has divided the Broncos fans and turned many against the organization and the new regime.

It really is too good to be true.

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :lol: :lol: :lol: :sign0098: Donks!!!!!!:D

MichChieffan
03-19-2009, 07:52 PM
Both are good players, Cutler may be more seasoned, but I believe I would stick with Cassel. :mob:

Bike
03-19-2009, 09:15 PM
No way we trade Cassel for Cutler. Why help the Donk's get out of this cluster**** they have created? Not to mention, who wants a whiney little ***** like Cutler leading thier team. Just enjoy watching the Donks implode.
Exactly. Not to mention he lost to 2-14 Chiefs last season. And on HBO's wired how he said he wasn't running his a$$ off for nothing. Cutlers stock is falling quick which is why I hope he stays a donk. Its a rocky mountain circus! Donks 2-14 in '09...

pbatrucker
03-19-2009, 09:46 PM
I would be all for it
Cutler is good when things are going his way. Under presure he sucks. he has a huge ego, is not a team leader, likes to blame everyone for his failures.
In Cassel and Thigpen we have too solid youg QB's, both are team leaders, hard workers. One will become our franchise QB and the other will be a solid backup as long as we can keep him around. I expect both to become solid Nfl QB's. Let the other teams keep thier problems, we'll sit back and enjoy watching our guys become stars.
:bananen_smilies046: :bananen_smilies046: :11:

hometeam
03-19-2009, 09:52 PM
Its just not going to happen~

TrueArrows
03-20-2009, 02:38 AM
There's a reason why Denver wanted to trade Cutler for Cassel, think about it.

Its like in elementary school when you would trade your sack lunch for someone else's without knowing whats inside. Lets stick with our lunch.

AussieChiefsFan
03-20-2009, 04:34 AM
There's a reason why Denver wanted to trade Cutler for Cassel, think about it.

Its like in elementary school when you would trade your sack lunch for someone else's without knowing whats inside. Lets stick with our lunch.
couldn't have said it any better. that's exactly what think should be happening.:bananen_smilies046:

Coach
03-20-2009, 10:16 AM
Exactly. Not to mention he lost to 2-14 Chiefs last season. And on HBO's wired how he said he wasn't running his a$$ off for nothing. Cutlers stock is falling quick which is why I hope he stays a donk. Its a rocky mountain circus! Donks 2-14 in '09...

I disagree sort of. I think Cutler is a good QB, so I'd rather see him get traded to some place in the NFC like the Bears. I'd love to see the Broncos take the 1st round pick they'd get as compensation and draft a Sanchez or Freeman. Then hopefully one of them would turn into the next Ryan Leaf.

That would be my dream scenario.

tornadospotter
03-20-2009, 10:44 AM
I disagree sort of. I think Cutler is a good QB, so I'd rather see him get traded to some place in the NFC like the Bears. I'd love to see the Broncos take the 1st round pick they'd get as compensation and draft a Sanchez or Freeman. Then hopefully one of them would turn into the next Ryan Leaf.

That would be my dream scenario.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :sign0098: :yahoo: :yahoo:
The donks will still implode!!! I love it!

okikcfan
03-20-2009, 11:10 AM
I agree, Cutler could very well turn out to be a very good QB and nothing would suit me more than to see him leave the Donko's.

hardcorechiefsfan
03-20-2009, 12:49 PM
I would be all for it
First of all it would be dumb after all the trouble they went through to get Cassel. Secondly, I think we got the better end of the deal with Cassel.

Codac
03-20-2009, 02:54 PM
I would be all for it

And you know nothing of football.

127markaz
03-20-2009, 04:52 PM
Move over Tony G.! If Cutler came to KC he'd proclaim himself as the face of the franchise.

Chiefster
03-21-2009, 02:17 AM
I would be all for it

"I have a parrot, his name is Rodney..."

Ryla02
03-21-2009, 06:01 AM
Noooooo !!!!

SDChief09
03-21-2009, 12:47 PM
This idea bothers me...I mean...Pioli goes out, makes a deal on a potential franchise QB...hes not even locked up long term, which, he will be when we are sure hes a stud QB...And I think we may already think such things..

Cutler has a losing record as a QB, he doesnt seem to have the clutch gene, he seems to be a LOT like Jeff George...Rocket Arm, that many QB's would love, but the mental makeup of a child.

Cassel is a guy who has shown maturity, hes held a clipboard, sure...that just means other guys..(Heisman winners) were ahead of him(oh right and brady)...

Making this move...Cutler to us...how does this make ANY sense at all?

Be happy we finally may have a franchise Qb, Cassel has more potential than Trent Green, and look what he did once he learned to protect the ball, well cassel doesnt have INT problems, he just has to learn to get rid of it a bit quicker.

regardless of if you like cutler, or cassel, an interdivision trade including 2 qb's in their prime that are considered to be top 10 in the league by many?

NO WAY...dont want to come off as rude about it...I just cant see this making sense...Talk about drama, it would be the story of the broncos/chiefs for...a longggggggg time. I prefer how it is now, Cutler upset, and Cassel happy in a KC uniform...Altho since Cutler isnt IMO a clutch gene QB, maybe I prefer him in the AFC West.

Chief Tyler
03-21-2009, 01:22 PM
I'd take it if Pioli pulls a miracle and gets their first and Cutler for Cassel. Pair a pick to move up so we get Orakpo and Curry/OT. But only if we can deal Cutler to some place like Tampa for their first, maybe draft Sanchez or stick with Thigs so we end up with 3 first round picks. Curry, Orakpo and an OT.

Man, I'm a hell of a dreamer, but there is no way I would want to see that whiner in red next year.

AussieChiefsFan
03-21-2009, 10:15 PM
To be cpmpletely honoust with you guys at the moment, there's one word to this for me: no.

billb40
03-22-2009, 09:31 AM
Who comes up with this stuff. This trade is so bad it does not rate a discussion.

127markaz
03-22-2009, 09:41 AM
Who comes up with this stuff. This trade is so bad it does not rate a discussion.

http://i405.photobucket.com/albums/pp135/127markaz/NFL%20graphics/This.png

AussieChiefsFan
03-22-2009, 04:42 PM
I don't think the trade will benefit the chiefs aswell.