PDA

View Full Version : Laughable Rumor!

kelticrebel
03-19-2009, 12:12 PM
Did anyone else get a chuckle from the rumor that there may be a three way deal between K.C., Denver, and Washington. The punchline is we get Jason Campbell and Denver gets Cassell...Hahahaha

bigpoppachief
03-19-2009, 12:39 PM
Did anyone else get a chuckle from the rumor that there may be a three way deal between K.C., Denver, and Washington. The punchline is we get Jason Campbell and Denver gets Cassell...Hahahaha

Now that is funny ! Seriously ! Why the hell would we want garbage like that in KC

Seek
03-19-2009, 12:49 PM
LOL... That is funny. Not so much the prank but the fact the guy was to lazy to get out and fix it.

tornadospotter
03-19-2009, 12:55 PM
YouTube - Prank on the garbage man

tornadospotter
03-19-2009, 12:56 PM
LOL... That is funny. Not so much the prank but the fact the guy was to lazy to get out and fix it.
Sorry, I deleted my post, while you responded. So I put it back on.

Diesel
03-19-2009, 03:08 PM
If I were the garbage man I would have just crushed the damn things and moved on.

texaschief
03-19-2009, 03:15 PM
I wouldn't dismiss the rumor entirely. But, I would dismiss what the rumor says we'd bring back.

We would probably be putting either Cassel or our #3 pick in the trade.

If it's Cassel, we'll bring back the Redskins' 2nd and the Broncos' 2nd at least. That would give the Broncos Cassel and the Redskins' first round pick for Cutler. The Redskins would give a first and 2nd for Cutler and the Broncos would give a 2nd for Cassel.

In this scenario, I just don't know if it's enough for the Chiefs. 2 2nds for Cassel? At least have to think about it.

If the Chiefs give up their #3 pick, we're receiving a crap load of picks from the Redskins who would essentially be giving up their entire draft for Jay Cutler. We'd get their first 3 picks at least. But still, I don't think that would be enough for the Chiefs. If we could somehow get two firsts out of the deal, we might be able to pull the trigger. But the only way that would happen would be if the Broncos agreed to just swap places with the Chiefs, instead of wanting the pick outright. I just can't see that happening. Cutler is worth more than a couple draft spots.

These are the scenarios that exist without having to add another player.

I've gotta tell you though, if the Redskins offer a solid/young defensive player or offensive lineman AND their first round pick for our #3 pick, I'd have to at least listen.

Players I'd accept in the trade instead of another 1st round pick:

Rocky McIntosh-LB (Washington)
LaRon Landry-S (Washington)
D.J. Williams-LB (Denver)
Ryan Clady-LT (Denver)

yashi
03-19-2009, 03:49 PM
screw this trade, no matter what. Matt Cassel future!

honda522
03-19-2009, 05:15 PM
No, I didn't. I kinda fear it could happen. It probably wont, but.....it still scares me when I read something like that.

Coach
03-19-2009, 07:47 PM
This deal is a pipe dream created by either a Redskin fan or a Donkey fan.

I would highly doubt that Pioli makes the same mistake McDaniels did by shopping Cassell around. Won't happen unless we get a monster load of draft picks. IMO, Jason Campbell brings no value to the trade at all.

I would imagine Thigpen fans would like the trade though. We probably end up with at least a 1st and 2nd round pick.

tornadospotter
03-19-2009, 07:50 PM
This deal is a pipe dream created by either a Redskin fan or a Donkey fan.

I would highly doubt that Pioli makes the same mistake McDaniels did by shopping Cassell around. Won't happen unless we get a monster load of draft picks. IMO, Jason Campbell brings no value to the trade at all.

I would imagine Thigpen fans would like the trade though. We probably end up with at least a 1st and 2nd round pick.
:sign0153: :yahoo: I would take it.:D

jap1
03-19-2009, 08:16 PM
I would be all for sending Cassel away if we kept our #3 pick and got at least either:
a) one of their 1st round picks, or
b) both Denver and Washington's 2nd round picks

(I could care less if Campbell is thrown in or not)

Those would give us much more options with the draft and improving our team significantly overnight.

With option A, we could go curry and probably the 3rd or 4th best OT in the draft, or OT with #3 and then Maualuga or Cushing with our pick from one of the other teams.

With option B, we could easily grab curry in the first, then grab people like Loadholt AND someone like Robinson or Unger in the 2nd. Or maybe a DE.

Both those options would significantly improve our team for many years to come.

Also, it would mean we basically got Vrabel for free.

EDIT: After looking into it, Washington doesnt have a 2nd round pick, so option B is much less likely. But I still would consider one of their 2nd round picks and one of their 3rd round picks. Those two together are basically what we paid for Cassel AND Vrabel.

AussieChiefsFan
03-20-2009, 05:47 AM
I've got to disagree with you there. I think we should keep Cassel and also try our very best to get Curry!

Coach
03-20-2009, 10:07 AM
I would be all for sending Cassel away if we kept our #3 pick and got at least either:
a) one of their 1st round picks, or
b) both Denver and Washington's 2nd round picks

(I could care less if Campbell is thrown in or not)

Those would give us much more options with the draft and improving our team significantly overnight.

With option A, we could go curry and probably the 3rd or 4th best OT in the draft, or OT with #3 and then Maualuga or Cushing with our pick from one of the other teams.

With option B, we could easily grab curry in the first, then grab people like Loadholt AND someone like Robinson or Unger in the 2nd. Or maybe a DE.

Both those options would significantly improve our team for many years to come.

Also, it would mean we basically got Vrabel for free.

EDIT: After looking into it, Washington doesnt have a 2nd round pick, so option B is much less likely. But I still would consider one of their 2nd round picks and one of their 3rd round picks. Those two together are basically what we paid for Cassel AND Vrabel.

Washington doesn't have a 2nd round pick. So what carrot are the Redskins dangling? 1st and 3rd plus Campbell? Jason Campbell plus a nickel might get you a piece of bazooka bubble gum. Pioli isn't going to make this trade for anything less than a 1st round pick. Even that is highly unlikely IMO. So that means Washington would have to send us their 1st round pick and Campbell. Since Washington doesn't have a 2nd rd'er, that means Denver would receive Cassell and a 3rd round pick.

I just don't see anyone liking that trade except for desperate Redskin fans. And there are a lot of them. This rumor is dead as far as I'm concerned. Much to do about nothing.

Seek
03-20-2009, 12:47 PM
screw this trade, no matter what. Matt Cassel future!

What if the trade was for both Denver's and Washington's first round picks.

I am still not sure Cassel is an upgrade over Thigpen.

Codac
03-20-2009, 02:56 PM

I didn't laugh. I was just shocked that anyone in the world was so stupid to create a rumor like that. That would be the most lopsided trade in NFL history. Washington and Denver get 2 franchise QBs while we get a kid struggling to show he is even a starter??? Some people are just stupid.

yashi
03-20-2009, 05:36 PM
What if the trade was for both Denver's and Washington's first round picks.

I am still not sure Cassel is an upgrade over Thigpen.
hypothetically, sure. but it's not. Why would Denver give up Cutler and their 1st round pick for Cassel? I think they could easily get two 1sts and a QB from a team like Cleveland for him.

slc chief
03-20-2009, 07:24 PM
i highly doubt it but what if this is all one big plan by pioli to get some draft picks. maybe he and haley really liked thigpen there is alot of upside with him.so pioli then go's after cassell knowing full well mcdonald is dead locked on him being his quarterback for the donkeys. like i said this is all theory but for some weird reason the donkeys seam to be ok with losing there franchise quarterback wich leads me to believe they have a plan in mind. plan or no plan they still SUCK

Chiefster
03-21-2009, 02:05 AM
Dreaming is such fun; why anything can happen. :D

AussieChiefsFan
03-21-2009, 10:42 PM
why yes it can....:D

Seek
03-24-2009, 09:20 AM
hypothetically, sure. but it's not. Why would Denver give up Cutler and their 1st round pick for Cassel? I think they could easily get two 1sts and a QB from a team like Cleveland for him.

This is the second post I have read about Cleveland and a Qb. What happened to Brady Quinn???? What do people keep referencing the Browns as a team needing a QB.

Vanilla Garilla
03-24-2009, 10:25 AM
Yeah, there is a redskins fan at work that swore this was happening, I kept telling him that he was very stupid for believing what he reads on the internet. To this day, he thinks it would be a great trade for KC, I think this trade rumor is as legit as AIG!