PDA

View Full Version : Who will be gone first? L.Johnson or T.Gonzalez

TKnight39
03-22-2009, 05:23 PM
Hey everyone! Big Chiefs fan here and am just wondering what will happen to 2 of the biggest names on K.C.'s team come draft day.

Will either of these guys be trade bait come draft time?

:11:

SDChief09
03-22-2009, 05:32 PM
I would love Larry out of a KC uniform...however...based on moves being made, they look like they think KC can win the division this year(they being Pioli etc)...and honestly with the Raiders having a QB who cant hit a reciever on a 10 yard out without hitting the bench...a running back who fumbled 15 times his senior year in college...

then you have the broncos, evidently signing the league's most mediocre players leads to...mediocrity...add in the QB controversy...and you got messed up chemistry

as for the chargers...two words...Norv Turner.

AkChief49
03-22-2009, 05:38 PM
Might be tough to move Larry with his contract/attitude. Has anyone heard anything about his trial? has it happened yet?

brish
03-22-2009, 05:39 PM
Im not sure if either will be gone, but I think the biggest chance is LJ. He is the least valued in the locker room. And with a new QB in town, you really wan't your go-to guy (TG) to be on the field come game day.

TKnight39
03-22-2009, 05:40 PM
I still think the Chiefs are about a year away from the playoffs and 2-3 before making a deep push so I figured it would be best to trade both for picks. Love to see Johnson go but not Gonzalez. He's been fantastic for KC but I would love to see him get a ring.

Trade him to NE for a 2nd.

Chiefster
03-22-2009, 06:13 PM
I'm going with Johnson; merely stating what I hope happens.

Coach
03-22-2009, 07:49 PM
TG is the only one wityh any trade value. So I'm going to vote neither based on my hope that TG stays in KC.

honda522
03-22-2009, 08:27 PM
I picked Johnson, maybe in hoipes he does get traded. In reality, I don't think they will be traded. I think Tony is happy as long as the team can advance into the playoffs, and think he thinks its possible this year.

Besides, you can't really get rid of Tony. Rookies look up to him, and he is the best on the team right now. Get rid of him and it will be all on Bowe's shoulders....unless they draft a good wide out.

TKnight39
03-22-2009, 08:38 PM
I think Tony G. has about 2 good years left in him. If he thinks the team can advance in the playoffs, he'll stay.

Unfortunately right now, I see it taking about 3 yrs to make a deep playoff run.

DT14PRIEST
03-22-2009, 09:18 PM
Neither is going anywhere. LJ has become an overpaid sloth since he hit the pay day; he's 29 going on 30 his value went down the crapper so I'd have to believe most teams suspect he's past his prime.

If TG was serious about leaving then I'd suspect that he'd of been talking more about it as of late. As of now haven't heard anything from him in a while and so long as he is under contract in KC he's going to be in KC come hell or high water.

I think if any veteran is gone it'd be Brian Waters. Trade him to a team for a 2nd round pick or 2nd/3rd or what not so Pioli and co. can draft an OT (Monroe) in the first and move Albert to LG.

Codac
03-23-2009, 03:05 PM
As much as LJ wants, and needs to be out of KC. Its not gonna happen this year. Same for Tony. Tony is in it for the long haul. LJ may even change his mind about leaving depending on what happens this year.

AussieChiefsFan
03-24-2009, 01:38 AM
To be completely honoust I think none of the two will be traded by draft day if at all. And if any of the two has to be traded, I think it will be LJ. Tony Gonzalez has been a Chiefs His whole career and i'm guessing that he wants to stay one too. I'd be devastated to see any of them go, but if i had to choose, it would be LJ that gets's traded, not TG! Sorry LJ.........

Vanilla Garilla
03-24-2009, 10:34 AM
There is such a niche market for Larry Johnson, and such a high price tag that comes with him that i don't think any team is really trying to go after him. Hes a rapidly declining player, overly aggressive, confrontational, irresponsible, and not a very good pickup for any team, so i don't see him going anywhere.

TG will retire a Chief!!!

pbatrucker
03-24-2009, 11:13 AM
There is such a niche market for Larry Johnson, and such a high price tag that comes with him that i don't think any team is really trying to go after him. Hes a rapidly declining player, overly aggressive, confrontational, irresponsible, and not a very good pickup for any team, so i don't see him going anywhere.

TG will retire a Chief!!!
A perfect fit for the Bengals
:lol: And yes, TG will retire a Chief

Drunker Hillbilly
03-24-2009, 12:09 PM
I went with the masses. I don't think either of them will be traded nor do I think either one should be traded. I think they both still have a ton to offer on the football field. If LJ can keep his hands clean off the field I think he will be more productive than he was last year.

hardcorechiefsfan
03-25-2009, 12:13 AM
I have no problem with LJ being traded but who would want him and his tendency for problems if things don't go his way.

AussieChiefsFan
03-25-2009, 12:51 AM
And yes, TG will retire a Chief
EXACLTY!!!!!!!!

tornadospotter
03-25-2009, 01:29 AM
I vote neither, and pray that TG will stay a Chief! LJ, he has to make me believe in him again.

okikcfan
03-25-2009, 01:44 AM
I have to agree and say neither, Tony is still under contract and we cannot afford to lose him, larry on the other hand is also still under contract but is not really worth the paper the contract is written on, but if we can boost our O Line to improve our running game LJ will come in very handy, as for Waters, well he's our crybaby Cutler and he will just have to live with it....

figcrostic
03-25-2009, 02:17 PM
Hey everyone! Big Chiefs fan here and am just wondering what will happen to 2 of the biggest names on K.C.'s team come draft day.

Will either of these guys be trade bait come draft time?

:11:

I dont see either one of them leaving. LJ is an ***, but if he has a good line he is great, and if you hand him the ball more then 23 times in a game he will give 100 plus yards. I dont see us getting more then a 3rd rounder for him because of his last few years, and honestly its not worth it. TG is the greatest TE in the history of the NFL, and we need him. Even if we got a first rounder for him, which we wouldn't I dont think its worth it. Who are we gonna pick up in the draft that is gonna be that good, TG is a beast, and he is a great mentor to players, so I dont see him going any time soon. I feel bad for him because he is the greatest and will most likely never win a superbowl ring, because I dont see the chiefs going to the big game in the next 5 years or so, and I think he will retire with the Chiefs. :fatlock:

Bike
03-25-2009, 05:02 PM
I dont see the chiefs going to the big game in the next 5 years or so, and I think he will retire with the Chiefs. :fatlock:
I disagree with you there. Pioli is here for one reason - to build a dynasty for years to come.
09 - AFC West Champs
10 - AFC Champs
11 - Superbowl Champs

Yeah baby!!!
CHIEFS

AussieChiefsFan
03-26-2009, 12:39 AM
I disagree with you there. Pioli is here for one reason - to build a dynasty for years to come.
09 - AFC West Champs
10 - AFC Champs
11 - Superbowl Champs

Yeah baby!!!
CHIEFS
that's the spirit!:D

tenacious
03-26-2009, 01:16 AM
Loosing either will just put another hole in the organization for a few years, so I would like to seem them stay. I believe with TG around another few years he will develop Cottam into a very solid TE. I bet with a decent line, that looks to be coming to shape, Larry and Jamal can provide a very potent ground game.

jmlamerson
03-26-2009, 03:02 PM
09 - AFC West Champs
10 - AFC Champs
11 - Superbowl Champs

Yeah baby!!!
CHIEFS

Screw you. We're not losing any Super Bowls!

honda522
03-26-2009, 03:03 PM
09 - AFC West Champs
10 - AFC Champs
11 - Superbowl Champs

Yeah baby!!!
CHIEFS
This is it. :D :yahoo:

jmbrock
03-26-2009, 03:21 PM
I could be wrong but I think Tony G will be traded before Johnson because he has more of a trade value, and a lot less baggage.

hardcorechiefsfan
03-26-2009, 07:53 PM
I dont see either one of them leaving. LJ is an ***, but if he has a good line he is great, and if you hand him the ball more then 23 times in a game he will give 100 plus yards. I dont see us getting more then a 3rd rounder for him because of his last few years, and honestly its not worth it. TG is the greatest TE in the history of the NFL, and we need him. Even if we got a first rounder for him, which we wouldn't I dont think its worth it. Who are we gonna pick up in the draft that is gonna be that good, TG is a beast, and he is a great mentor to players, so I dont see him going any time soon. I feel bad for him because he is the greatest and will most likely never win a superbowl ring, because I dont see the chiefs going to the big game in the next 5 years or so, and I think he will retire with the Chiefs. :fatlock:
You are just bubbling with optimism, aren't you??
The one thing you were spot on about TG is that he will retire a chief. It doesn't mean that he has to stay with the chiefs to retire a chief though.

tornadospotter
03-26-2009, 08:19 PM
09 - AFC West Champs
10 - AFC Champs
11 - Superbowl Champs

Yeah baby!!!
CHIEFS
Sorry I must disagree here! As I see it.
09- AFC West Champs. AFC Champs, Superbowl Champs
10- see above
11 - see above
Add all the numbers you want. But that is me! Homer and damm proud to be!

AussieChiefsFan
03-27-2009, 06:27 AM
10- AFC West Champs. AFC Champs, Superbowl Champs
11 - AFC West Champs. AFC Champs, Superbowl Champs
That's the way I like IT!!!!:bananen_smilies046:

Bike
03-28-2009, 12:08 PM
10- see above
11 - see above
My mistake TS!!!:lol: :bananen_smilies046:

EdPodolackfan57
03-28-2009, 05:55 PM
I still think the Chiefs are about a year away from the playoffs and 2-3 before making a deep push so I figured it would be best to trade both for picks. Love to see Johnson go but not Gonzalez. He's been fantastic for KC but I would love to see him get a ring.

Trade him to NE for a 2nd.

I agree. Of the 2 I would rather see LJ leave then TG.

wichitaj
03-28-2009, 08:08 PM
Do we think Charles is the answer? or will we trade down a bit in the draft for Moreno/Wells?

Chief Tyler
03-28-2009, 10:09 PM
Do we think Charles is the answer? or will we trade down a bit in the draft for Moreno/Wells?

I've never heard this idea as I thought it was impossible to consider. Charles alone isn't the answer. If LJ gets his act together, all the better for us, but a Charles/Smith combo would be passable at worst and fairly deadly at best over the next few years. And with a pass oriented HC it definately isn't top need.

IMHO, with the way modern football is going, I wouldn't mind if the Chiefs never selected a RB in the first two rounds, I'd rather get long term value with the high draft choices.

I would be mad if we used any of our first 3 or 4 picks on a RB over needs like OT, DT, DE, LB, S, WR. Heck the only positions we need to have filled less than RB right now are QB and TE (for the time being).

chief31
03-28-2009, 11:10 PM
I've never heard this idea as I thought it was impossible to consider. Charles alone isn't the answer. If LJ gets his act together, all the better for us, but a Charles/Smith combo would be passable at worst and fairly deadly at best over the next few years. And with a pass oriented HC it definately isn't top need.

IMHO, with the way modern football is going, I wouldn't mind if the Chiefs never selected a RB in the first two rounds, I'd rather get long term value with the high draft choices.

I would be mad if we used any of our first 3 or 4 picks on a RB over needs like OT, DT, DE, LB, S, WR. Heck the only positions we need to have filled less than RB right now are QB and TE (for the time being).

Agreed.

okikcfan
03-29-2009, 02:00 AM
I think Curry is a big target before the #3 pick but I think Pioli will try and work some sort of a deal to get him as long as it's not too costly.

AussieChiefsFan
03-29-2009, 05:40 AM
I think Curry is a big target before the #3 pick but I think Pioli will try and work some sort of a deal to get him as long as it's not too costly.
We've got lots of cap room though.

wichitaj
03-30-2009, 12:24 PM
What if Detroit came calling? Trade there 20th pick and there 33rd picks overall for LJ and the number three pick. would that work??

We could potentially get two next year starters with those picks, instead of a crap shoot on one guy. Granted I like Curry, but the draft is a evil woman, it will rip your heart out and blind side you.

The the headache is gone as well.

Chief Tyler
03-30-2009, 02:48 PM
20 is a bad spot for the Chiefs to pick, choices are limited to probably the USC LB's, hybrid DE's like Johnson have more bust potential than anyone in the first, already have a QB, can't afford WR's in the first and I don't think we take a tackle unless its Monroe or Smith, since we have Albert we either get the best and move him in or draft RT.

If Detroit really wanted LJ I'd rather just dump him for a single draft pick, as best as we could get. He's not going to carry much weight in trades involoving picks that high anyway IMO.

AussieChiefsFan
03-31-2009, 11:47 PM
Good post. Nice pic too.;)