PDA

View Full Version : I want a job in the NFL

honda522
03-23-2009, 06:26 PM
What kinda of jobs can I get with what kinda of degrees?

Maybe I would be playing college ball, but I am small than Darren Sproles.

Chiefster
03-23-2009, 11:15 PM
NFL venues all over the US are in constant need of ticket takers, beer and consession venders as well as grounds keepers; and, let's not forget sanitation egineers. :D j/k

tornadospotter
03-24-2009, 12:15 AM
NFL venues all over the US are in constant need of ticket takers, beer and consession venders as well as grounds keepers; and, let's not forget sanitation egineers. :D j/k
:D I was but though better, so I will not.

Sn@keIze
03-24-2009, 01:44 AM
physical therapy/trainers is something that you might consider. one of my buddies is a fitness trainer, but for the St. Louis Cards.

I imagine that the NFL would be more in demand due the the physical aspect of the game.

tornadospotter
03-24-2009, 01:51 AM
physical therapy/trainers is something that you might consider. one of my buddies is a fitness trainer, but for the St. Louis Cards.

I imagine that the NFL would be more in demand due the the physical aspect of the game.
I want to be the physical therapy trainer, for the cheerleaders.

What? they work hard to! They should get rub downs! :D

Sn@keIze
03-24-2009, 01:54 AM
I want to be the physical therapy trainer, for the cheerleaders.

What? they work hard to! They should get rub downs! :D
Now thats a job in the NFL!!

tornadospotter
03-24-2009, 02:04 AM
Now thats a job in the NFL!!
I think one would maybe happy with such a job. But that just my dream. :D

YouTube - Kansas City Chiefs Cheerleaders Tribute

Vandelay
03-24-2009, 06:01 AM
YouTube - Sound-Effects - Austin Powers

honda522
03-24-2009, 10:30 AM
Well I was kinda hoping I could get a job dealing with the players or player personal. I have already did security once, and I didn't care for it. ;)

AussieChiefsFan
03-25-2009, 03:31 AM
:| ..

honda522
03-25-2009, 10:45 AM
Someone has to keep the balls inflated, maybe you can become an equipment manager or just be a ball boy to start. Wait , how old are you??? No disrespect bro I am just tryin to help out so we have an inside feed to the team :D
:D 20

Chiefster
03-25-2009, 06:54 PM
I think one would maybe happy with such a job. But that just my dream. :D

YouTube - Kansas City Chiefs Cheerleaders Tribute (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zI0BiO-WUnE)

So, our cheer leaders have joined the military??? :sign0153: :lol:

Chiefster
03-25-2009, 06:58 PM
Well I was kinda hoping I could get a job dealing with the players or player personal. I have already did security once, and I didn't care for it. ;)

...Just messin with ya. :D

Bike
03-25-2009, 07:04 PM
...Just messin with ya. :D
I would like to employed either:
1. as a quality control engineer at Blvd Brewery, or
2: as a professional mattress analizer at Serta

tammietailgator
03-25-2009, 09:34 PM
My manager actually did his internship with the Chiefs I think during the 04-06 season. He did a lot of marketing work but did actually meet Lamar Hunt and worked directly with King Carl. He has tons of good stories. He did get to meet the players quite a bit too. He also wrote some articles that he had published in a chiefs magazine. He did say that it was too hard on the family and his family is young.

texaschief
03-26-2009, 01:40 AM

You need to find a University that offers a BBA in Sports Management. Then, continue your education and get your MBA in the same field. Take ANY internship you can find in pro sports. Don't limit yourself to JUST the NFL. ANY pro experience will help build your resume. Try to supplement your degree with a football education from the University. Talk to the coach or AD and see what you can do to gain the education that players and coaches get WITHOUT having to play (if you're not a player).

I'm currently doing all these things at the University of the Incarnate Word in San Antonio and will be done with my bachelors in one year and got accepted to a program that allows me to get my masters in just one additional year. The business dept. dean at my school has major hookups with Tom Benson, Red McCombs and Peter Holt. She's told me that she can find me an internship with either the Saints or Spurs.

I would STRONGLY suggest my school for this particular major because of all the ties to pro sports team owners like Benson (Saints), McCombs (former Vikings/Spurs owner), and Holt (Spurs owner), who have ALL contributed LARGE amounts of money to our University. In fact, the football stadium is called Tom Benson Stadium. Three buildings on campus have McCombs' name on it.

If you can't attend my University, try to find a university with STRONG professional sports ties.

jmlamerson
03-26-2009, 03:09 PM

Depends on what you want. If you want to coach, try to coach high school ball, work your way to juco, work your way to a university, and then work your way to the pros.

If its conditioning and weight room, get your college degree in such and start applying your way up, starting at juco or a small college.

If its front office, good luck.

tammietailgator
03-27-2009, 01:18 AM
Or Honda.... I can talk to my manager that actually DID intern with the Chiefs and see what his ideas are.