PDA

View Full Version : The best possible situation for KC

Chiefs_Expert
03-24-2009, 03:04 AM
The best possible case for KC is we trade our #3 to the Browns for there D1-05, D2-05 and D5-05 so they can pick up Stafford or Curry. We pick up Orakpo because he is the most talented player in this draft this man can play 3-4, 4-3, LB, and DE he is a sack machine and his stats and combine are some of the best we have seen in the most recent years (better then Jared Allen, Mario Williams, Chris Long). If Orakpo came out anything like Chris Long or Mario Williams who's stats and combines are pretty much the same we are looking at 40 tackles 6 sacks 2 FF in his first year.

So now we have our second pick we pick up Kenny Britts 6-4 225lb man with a 37 inch vertical that averages 1250 yards and 8 TDs a year in College. Those stats are better then Bowes when he was in College and just think of the threat in the Red Zone Tony G, Bowe, Britt, Bradley, LJ, Charles must I say more.

With our D3-03 we will select Chris Baker DT This man averages 15.5 tackles for losses, 55 tackles, and 7 sacks a year now imagen him next to Orakpo, Dorsey and Hali. That alone is 25 Sacks just between the front 4.

So just in those three picks and of course we need Orlando Pace more then we know we would become a TOP Offense and a TOP Defense.

If we went on nothing but averages for the defense with these picks our Defense would have 750 Tackles, 38 Sacks, 15 INT, and 20 FF. That would put us at 12th place based on last year stats.

If we went on nothing but averages for our offense with the Orlando Pace and Britt our Total Yards would be 5800 yards, 1850 Rushing, 4000 Recieving, 35 TDs and 4000 passing that would put our Offense at 11th place based on last years stats.

You must get your mind around Curry he is great player but LB come dime a dozen just look at all the Pro Bowl LBs this year that where available. Plus we have a solid LB core now that we added Vrabel.

Please write and let me know what you think. Thanks

brish
03-24-2009, 03:18 AM
Your plan hinges on the fact that the Browns would trade with us, and offer that many picks to get 2 steps up the ladder in round 1. I doubt it..
Also, Vrabel is not the future, its uncertain if he can even keep it going on 100% for a whole year. I would look at him to be more of a mentor and rotational player.
Other than that, interresting read. :)

chief31
03-24-2009, 04:10 AM
I don't think the trade works, because of the ill-percieved value of early draft picks.

However, assuming that that trade were to happen, I think something more than Pace needs to be done along the O-line.

As counting on Pace, Waters and Albert to anchor the O-line is a set-up for a very short run of offensive success.

Pace and Waters could both retire after one season.

Pace has had alot of trouble with injuries in recent years, and that leaves one, still unproven, talent of five starting O-line positions.

slimdagreat
03-24-2009, 07:26 AM
The best possible case for KC is we trade our #3 to the Browns for there D1-05, D2-05 and D5-05

While you are at it, why don't you have Cleveland throw in Braylon Edwarrds, Kameron Wimbley and Joe Thomas for good measure.

Seek
03-24-2009, 09:18 AM
Why would the Browns Trade up to draft Stafford when they have Brady Quinn as the QBOTF..

Chief Tyler
03-24-2009, 09:36 AM
There is no reason in hell for them to make a trade like that. The only team that really could conceivably take Stafford in the first is Detroit, they would only trade up with us assuming we were legitimately thinking about nabbing him, and with the Cassel pick up...lets just say thats unlikely.

If we ended up with a 2nd rounder, we don't go receiver. Assuming TG stays around, we have more than enough receiving threats in TG, Bowe, Bradley, and now Engram to hold us over. I still think the first pick for us needs to be defense, but if we got a second round we would really need to consider some of the center or guards out there. Their value doesn't hinge on personal stats, they make ball oriented positions look good, you can't really say the opposite (we all know Pitts line is bad, Big Ben doesn't cover it up, he's just tough enough to take the punishment, and for Pitt it works).

After thinking about it a little bit, I don't think picking up Pace might not be a good idea unless he could be convinced to play RT (and would he perform there?) Albert is either our solution at LT or he isn't. If he isn't, we need a long term solution. Next years class for the OT looks equally/if not more impressive, so I guess we could find our tackle there. But if we move Albert inside, we better have a pro-bowl replacement for Pace on the way. I don't think he would take very well to moving inside and back out after one year or so.

I do like Baker though, I heard something about his combine results, went back and check them and they are nothing short of impressive. His team schedule is really light (small school /sigh) so stats might be a little misleading, so tape might come in handy, but I'd say he has the potential to be a beast on the DL just because he's a physical freak.

jmlamerson
03-24-2009, 09:49 AM
The best possible case for KC is we trade our #3 to the Browns for there D1-05, D2-05 and D5-05 so they can pick up Stafford or Curry. We pick up Orakpo because he is the most talented player in this draft this man can play 3-4, 4-3, LB, and DE he is a sack machine and his stats and combine are some of the best we have seen in the most recent years (better then Jared Allen, Mario Williams, Chris Long). If Orakpo came out anything like Chris Long or Mario Williams who's stats and combines are pretty much the same we are looking at 40 tackles 6 sacks 2 FF in his first year.

So now we have our second pick we pick up Kenny Britts 6-4 225lb man with a 37 inch vertical that averages 1250 yards and 8 TDs a year in College. Those stats are better then Bowes when he was in College and just think of the threat in the Red Zone Tony G, Bowe, Britt, Bradley, LJ, Charles must I say more.

With our D3-03 we will select Chris Baker DT This man averages 15.5 tackles for losses, 55 tackles, and 7 sacks a year now imagen him next to Orakpo, Dorsey and Hali. That alone is 25 Sacks just between the front 4.

So just in those three picks and of course we need Orlando Pace more then we know we would become a TOP Offense and a TOP Defense.

If we went on nothing but averages for the defense with these picks our Defense would have 750 Tackles, 38 Sacks, 15 INT, and 20 FF. That would put us at 12th place based on last year stats.

If we went on nothing but averages for our offense with the Orlando Pace and Britt our Total Yards would be 5800 yards, 1850 Rushing, 4000 Recieving, 35 TDs and 4000 passing that would put our Offense at 11th place based on last years stats.

You must get your mind around Curry he is great player but LB come dime a dozen just look at all the Pro Bowl LBs this year that where available. Plus we have a solid LB core now that we added Vrabel.

Please write and let me know what you think. Thanks

The only part of that plan I see happening is possibly Cleveland trading up for Curry, as they need 3-4 LBs. They aren't trading up for Stafford, not with Derek Anderson and Brady Quinn on the roster.

I think it more likely we get their 3rd and 5th picks more than their 2nd and 5th, given the values in the Pats/Saints 1st round trade in 2008.

We aren't taking an undersized DE with that 5th pick. We may take Raji (NT), Crabtree (WR), or even reach for Maualuga (ILB) or Oher (LT), but we aren't going with Orakpo. Soft UT players are not the Pioli/Haley type.

Baker (NT/DT) would be a great pick in the third round - but I don't see him lasting past the second round. Also, Hali and Dorsey combined for two sacks last year. Do you really think Baker and Orakpo as rookies would be able to make them that much better?

If we do manage to pick up an extra 3rd from the Browns, using both high 3rd rounders on offensive line (C and RT) would be the better way to go.

Picking up Pace is a bad idea. He would demand to be overpaid, and he isn't worth the money, not with his health issues.

Our 4th rounder should be LB or FS. The rest would go to depth at WR, DE, and OL.

Does this solve all of our problems? No. But a team with as many holes as us can't solve all of our problems thorugh the draft.

Chief Tyler
03-24-2009, 09:56 AM
I don't think we get Orakpo with anything less than our 3rd (Raji, Curry or OT being the only real options here). I do think we could trade down for E. Brown and find ourselves with some extra high round picks. Maybe get the draft to look something like 1. Brown 2. Robinson/Mack/Unger 3. Baker 4. LB

Not a bad scenario, get a starting DE, possible DT, OL and LB. And don't forget that next year has a pretty deep DT and LB class with guys like Terrance Cody and Jarvis Jenkins coming out.

Vanilla Garilla
03-24-2009, 10:23 AM
Im Sorry "Chiefs Expert" but I think that dream scenario of yours is bunk, because theirs no way in hell that it would ever happen. For one, the Browns are not looking for a quarterback as they have Brady Quinn as their future franchise qb. For two, there is no way in hell that the Browns, let alone any team would give up that many picks to move up two spots in the first round. Not trying to completely shoot down your dream for KC or anything, but its almost as unlikely as Michael Jackson liking women!

KottkeKU
03-24-2009, 12:30 PM
no way the saints give up their 1st and 2nd rounders for tw spots up in the draft! the 5th rounder added on is even more unfathomable....NEVER would happen....a 3rd and a 5th...now were talkin...

2nd round picks are "like gold" as one espn reporter put it, as you still get high quality talent without the high price tag of a first rounder...especially high 2nd rounders...those are really good players that are able to come in right away (Brandon Flowers)

Teams do not want to trade their 2nd rounders...we would have to package our 3rd and something else if we wanted to move up in the second round (Or LJ or Tony G for a 2nd rounder or something...)