PDA

View Full Version : Action speaks louder than words

okikcfan
03-25-2009, 02:11 PM
Actions louder than words
Chiefs coach Todd Haley appears more interested in what Larry Johnson does than what he says.
He heard Johnsonís oft-repeated request to be traded or released. He also heard through running backs coach Maurice Carthon, who has spoken with Johnson, that the enigmatic running back is softening his hard-line stance.
Haley said heíll be more impressed by Johnsonís attitude if he appears for the start of the offseason conditioning program on Monday.
ďIíll go by what I see,Ē Haley said. ďWeíll know pretty quick here. Part of my evaluation process is trying to find guys that want to be Kansas City Chiefs. Not talk about it but want to be (Chiefs) and want to be part of something special, eventually.
ďIím excited about working with all of these guys. This is an exciting time. We donít know what we have right now. You can look at some of the things they did last year, but until we get the guys on campus and see them running around working, we donít know. Iím excited about everybody. Everybody is an opportunity to me.
ďThat guy, what Iíve seen from him as a runner, he gets 5 yards every time he carries the ball. I know his average wasnít 5 yards, but from what Iíve seen, the ability is there. What Iím looking for, and what our staff is looking for, is whoís all in.Ē
Asked whether Johnson would participate beginning Monday, Haley said, ďI honestly donít know. This is a voluntary thing. (But) Iíve made it pretty clear that itís a pretty important part of our development as a team.Ē

Wow, I'm really startin to like this guy alot, A no BS kinda guy, play or get out, thats what we need in our head coach and I'm Lovin it:yahoo: :bananen_smilies046:

dbolan
03-25-2009, 02:21 PM
They gotta go to these voluntary things. IF they don't, that raises the possibilty of losing a starting position. These guys (Pioli and Haley) want "team players".

I like it.

hometeam
03-25-2009, 03:01 PM
I hate to say it, but thats been the so-called 'patriot way' and its worked well for them. Hopefully now its our turn to be a dynasty!

dbolan
03-25-2009, 03:17 PM
I hate to say it, but thats been the so-called 'patriot way' and its worked well for them. Hopefully now its our turn to be a dynasty!

If we really want to split hairs...It is the Bill Parcell's way. He is the man that started this mentality and it rubbed off on some people...Belichick and Pioli being the primary students that actually adopted it. Of course, Belichick chose to adopt it and I am sure Parcell's made Pioli adopt it in order to marry his daughter! LMAO!

:funnypost:

Chiefster
03-25-2009, 04:31 PM
...Easy to say; now it's time to follow it through.

Coach
03-26-2009, 03:03 AM
LJ won't show his face in camp because he is a punk. He's too busy buying $500 bottles of champagne at the clubs down in Florida.

AussieChiefsFan
03-26-2009, 04:00 AM
LJ won't show his face in camp because he is a punk. He's too busy buying $500 bottles of champagne at the clubs down in Florida.
A little harsh on LJ..........

brish
03-26-2009, 06:14 AM
I like this team first, no bull**** attitude.. :)

AussieChiefsFan
03-26-2009, 06:50 AM
I like this team first, no bull**** attitude.. :)
Isn't that the great thing about us.............:D

Sn@keIze
03-26-2009, 07:22 AM
LJ won't show his face in camp because he is a punk. He's too busy buying $500 bottles of champagne at the clubs down in Florida.Ill take that bet.

LJ will show up for camp because hes becoming more mature and he will get back to his 1700+ yds a game calibur.

Cmon LJ. Most have given up on you. But I have not. So you ****ed up, who of us hasnt?

If we run the spread like we got to last season then we really dont need him. But if we get back to a FB. And tighter formations with P.A. Then LJ will be a valuable asset.

Not to mention short yardage situations. Just to pick up a first down.

Chief Tyler
03-26-2009, 11:23 AM
When I **** up I sleep in past my alarm or have a little too much to drink. When LJ ****s up he spits on women and disses the city! Just sayin :P

In all honesty though, I hope he does turn it around. His value is crap outside the team, I think he could still be productive if he responds well to hard-nosed coaching. The line looks a little better too, and hopefully continues to get better. I wish he would have stfu and done his job over the past few years as best he could, but then again, the line was a joke, it's just a shame he reacted the way he did.

okikcfan
03-26-2009, 04:19 PM
When I **** up I sleep in past my alarm or have a little too much to drink. When LJ ****s up he spits on women and disses the city! Just sayin :P

In all honesty though, I hope he does turn it around. His value is crap outside the team, I think he could still be productive if he responds well to hard-nosed coaching. The line looks a little better too, and hopefully continues to get better. I wish he would have stfu and done his job over the past few years as best he could, but then again, the line was a joke, it's just a shame he reacted the way he did.

Good point. If LJ really wants to be traded next year he needs to step up and act like an adult and a pro ball player otherwise no one will want him and if anyone did he would go dirt cheap and have to go back to drinkin boones farm wine.:lol:

AussieChiefsFan
03-27-2009, 07:35 AM
Good point. If LJ really wants to be traded next year he needs to step up and act like an adult and a pro ball player otherwise no one will want him and if anyone did he would go dirt cheap and have to go back to drinkin boones farm wine.:lol:
I would really like to see LJ's face if he read this!:lol::drunkhb::bananen_smilies046:

dbolan
03-27-2009, 01:34 PM

That was a pretty awesome comeback! :sign0098: