PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs 2009 Home schedule in jeopardy ??

YZILLA
03-25-2009, 06:35 PM
Labor dispute could jeopardize Truman Sportx Complex project

A contract dispute could cause a halt in construction at the Truman Sports Complex. Sources within the union tell both KMBZ and our sister station 610 Sports that the dispute involves the carpenters, ironworkers and builders. A contract is set to expire Tuesday night. If an agreement isn't reached, there could be a strike. A statement from Jackson County says that "they are confident that the parties involved in these negotiations will reach a settlement that will allow work to continue at the Jackson County Sports Complex." We have talked directly with the Chiefs and they say that reports that they are wanting to play all of their games on the road are false. Mike Smith, chairman of the Jackson County Sports Complex Authority, says opening day for the Royals will go on as scheduled. He says there are questions surrounding Arrowhead in the event of a work stoppage. However, Smith says any talk of the Chiefs home games being in jeopardy is "jumping the gun."

Chiefster
03-25-2009, 06:40 PM
I don't know, part of me thinks that the more they deny something; the more likely it is. I hope I'm wrong.

65 Toss Power Trap
03-25-2009, 07:19 PM
Havn't seen this posted yet.

KC Chiefs Football (http://www.kcchiefsfootball.com/)

figcrostic
03-25-2009, 07:26 PM
they why they shouldnt have hired some greedy union mobsters to do the work

tornadospotter
03-25-2009, 07:40 PM
They can play the home games in Lincoln. Memorial stadium seats as many or more than Arrowhead.

Bike
03-25-2009, 07:47 PM
they why they shouldnt have hired some greedy union mobsters to do the work
Unions protect American workers.
Think before you post.

Vanilla Garilla
03-25-2009, 08:04 PM
It says the construction would go on strike April 1st........anybody thinking what I am thinking? APRIL FOOLS you freaking april babies. There is no way that the chiefs organization is going to let all their games be played on the road, do you guys realize how much of a net loss that would be for the organization.

tammietailgator
03-25-2009, 09:22 PM
Even if there is a strike, there are plenty of unemployed people in Kansas City that will be more than willing to cross the picket line. And this is no offense to union workers, its just a fact. I just don't see this happening at all.

Chiefster
03-25-2009, 10:07 PM
Even if there is a strike, there are plenty of unemployed people in Kansas City that will be more than willing to cross the picket line. And this is no offense to union workers, its just a fact. I just don't see this happening at all.

Sure hope you're right. May there be scabs a-plenty!

Sn@keIze
03-25-2009, 10:45 PM
I agree.

Why does the contract end April 1st. Is that when it was scheduled to be done?

tammietailgator
03-25-2009, 11:14 PM
I agree.

Why does the contract end April 1st. Is that when it was scheduled to be done?

I believe the contract ends March 31st. So the negotiations need to be done by then. Or HOPEFULLY it is just an April fools joke on us! :11:

honda522
03-26-2009, 12:35 AM
My question is why are they making it a big deal already?

If you think about this, would Clark allow it not to happen. Especially a year like this!

I think they are just blowing a minor setback into a huge deal. Time will pass, and it will all work out. The Chiefs will play at Arrowhead in 2009

AussieChiefsFan
03-26-2009, 12:42 AM
Havn't seen this posted yet.

KC Chiefs Football (http://www.kcchiefsfootball.com/)
Jeez! poor arrowhead!

tammietailgator
03-27-2009, 01:30 AM
Clark could put up his own money, but I am sure his dad taught him better business smarts than that.... this is also a political matter in KC.... the mayor is not following up on a lot of what he promised. I still stand behind the fact that many are willing to work in this town that need the job.

tornadospotter
03-27-2009, 01:37 AM
I can not think that the Union is going to not get a contract deal done. If they do not then they have poor leadership, these are dark days for workers, and employers!

Hayvern
03-27-2009, 09:54 PM
Think before you post.

They protect nothing but themselves. 500,000 construction workers are not working right now and these greedy morons want to go on strike. Look, if safety is an issue or something like that, go for it, strike and complain, but if all they want is a pay raise, then the union should be ashamed of themselves. Get an agreement done and get back to work!

:mob:

AussieChiefsFan
03-27-2009, 10:00 PM
They protect nothing but themselves. 500,000 construction workers are not working right now and these greedy morons want to go on strike. Look, if safety is an issue or something like that, go for it, strike and complain, but if all they want is a pay raise, then the union should be ashamed of themselves. Get an agreement done and get back to work!

First person to just come out and say it!:sign0098:

Canada
03-27-2009, 10:01 PM
Let them play in Canada!!! Buck Fuffalo and bring me my Chiefs!!!

AussieChiefsFan
03-27-2009, 10:03 PM
:sign0153:

Guru
03-28-2009, 12:47 AM
Not gonna happen.

Chiefster
03-28-2009, 01:06 AM
Sure hope not.

AussieChiefsFan
03-28-2009, 01:23 AM
Not gonna happen.

Sure hope not.
:lol:

Bike
03-28-2009, 12:17 PM

If not for the Union I would be hauling 20,000 tons of coal across Kansas at minimum wage and half the benefits I recieve now. The unions actually protect workers from greedy - profit hungry ceo's that want to ship every profit nickel they make to overseas bank accounts. I know there are inherit problems with union labor, just as there are with non-union.
Bad subject to talk about here. No more.

Canada
03-28-2009, 01:06 PM

Hey yeah, good idea Canada!! :bananen_smilies046:

Yeah, let the Chiefs play in Toronto!! :yahoo:

Hayvern
03-28-2009, 01:11 PM
If not for the Union I would be hauling 20,000 tons of coal across Kansas at minimum wage and half the benefits I recieve now. The unions actually protect workers from greedy - profit hungry ceo's that want to ship every profit nickel they make to overseas bank accounts. I know there are inherit problems with union labor, just as there are with non-union.
Bad subject to talk about here. No more.

Sorry Bike, from what I have seen from you, I have a lot of respect for you, so please do not take this personally, but you are dead wrong here.

I don't get this whole CEOs are greedy nonsense. Seriously, these are the guys who work harder than anyone else they employ. It is their butts on the lines everyday to make sure that their employees have a job. Why the hate?

CEOs pay what the market will bear, union labor drives up the market to a point where it makes it hard for CEOs to continue to do business when they have to compete on the world market. Take the automobile business, it costs GM $75 per hour in labor costs to build a car, Toyota can do the same thing for $45. Why? It isn't because the auto worker today is making $75 per hour, it is because of how long GM has been a union shop. GM has to pay all those pensions that previous greedy labor strikes have imposed on them. Toyota is too new to have these historical payments.

As for what you would be paid if you were not in the union. You would be paid what the market provides. If you are a trucker, a business where there is a lot of demand, then you would never be working for minimum wage, but you likely would not be paid what you are making now. The market for union truckers is artificially inflated by the union itself. I was a heavy equipment operator for over 9 years. I dealt with this stuff first hand on a daily basis. I was not a union operator, but there were times when I worked on projects that paid union scale. I admit, the money is nice, but it is artificial since almost every operator, including those that were in the union would have worked for half of what the union was paying them.

Since the union has a lock on all Government work, it costs people a lot more money than it should to get anything done, that is why California cannot build new roads or schools. The cost of labor to build those things are too great.

I like you Bike, but this has to be said, especially in our current economic crisis. It's like I told the union guy that was picketing my place of work in 1997. When he told me "Just think about the money you would be making if you were in the union!"

I told him, "If I were in the union right now, I would be picketing some poor dude who is just trying to put food on the table for his kids!"

tammietailgator
03-28-2009, 01:52 PM
Like I said earlier... there are plenty of unemployed people in Kansas City that are more than willing to cross the picket line.

And no Canada, we are not moving the Chiefs to Toronto!!

EdPodolackfan57
03-28-2009, 06:52 PM
I truly hope that this gets done whether they have union workers or non union workers. besides In this day of economic distress it would absolutely be foolish for the Union to go on strike.

Bike
03-29-2009, 10:12 AM
Well we will have to disagree here. I believe the worker should get a larger part of a companys' profit. You believe the CEOs' should get it. As a Christian Conservative I constantly have to defend my values to my union brothers. You say the market will decide our salary, I say CEO's decide our salary. Corporate greed is the reason this country is reeling today. These people could care a less about you or your family. And these CEO's deserve what they can take from you? Are we becoming a 3rd world country where we are currently shipping all our labor?
Wrong subject. Wrong forum. I'm done.

Hayvern
03-29-2009, 04:59 PM
Well we will have to disagree here. I believe the worker should get a larger part of a companys' profit. You believe the CEOs' should get it. As a Christian Conservative I constantly have to defend my values to my union brothers. You say the market will decide our salary, I say CEO's decide our salary. Corporate greed is the reason this country is reeling today. These people could care a less about you or your family. And these CEO's deserve what they can take from you? Are we becoming a 3rd world country where we are currently shipping all our labor?
Wrong subject. Wrong forum. I'm done.

The absolutely greatest thing about America is this:

You too can go out and start a business and be a CEO and take whatever you want from people who work for you, or you can work for someone else and complain about the scraps you think you get. It is your decision, and the world is open to you.

rbedgood
03-29-2009, 11:14 PM
Think before you post.

Historically there is some merit there...however in more recent history unions have protected their own existence and essentially screwed the american worker and economy.

(see Airlines, Auto industry, steel workers, etc....unions may negotiate great pay, but they essentially push companies to outsource work due to the cost of the Union worker)

prough91
03-31-2009, 11:24 AM
Arrowhead will be done; even if it's finished by illegals.

Sn@keIze
03-31-2009, 11:26 AM
Arrowhead will be done; even if it's finished by illegals.Hey Canada! There may be work avail. for you here in KC!!!

prough91
03-31-2009, 11:30 AM
Hey Canada! There may be work avail. for you here in KC!!!

I was hopin' for Mexicans. Canadians are always drunk.

Canada
03-31-2009, 02:58 PM
I was hopin' for Mexicans. Canadians are always drunk.

That may be so, but at least we are always drunk!! :beer:

tornadospotter
03-31-2009, 03:04 PM
That may be so, but at least we are always drunk!! :beer:
And can speak English!

Well now I am not so sure, some Candians speak french. :D

Canada
03-31-2009, 03:06 PM
And Im Drunk!!

AussieChiefsFan
04-01-2009, 12:48 AM
And Im Drunk!!
That's understandable......

Canada
04-01-2009, 09:15 AM
So when do I start work?

Bike
04-01-2009, 09:46 AM
So when do I start work?
When the beer runs out!!:bananen_smilies046:

Canada
04-01-2009, 12:17 PM
The beer never runs out...oh I get it!!

AussieChiefsFan
04-02-2009, 04:21 AM
So when do I start work?

When the beer runs out!!:bananen_smilies046:

The beer never runs out...oh I get it!!
:funnypost: :bananen_smilies046:

prough91
04-02-2009, 10:32 AM
And can speak English!

Well now I am not so sure, some Candians speak french. :D

Canada speaks Drunkanese. I have to be plowed to understand him on the phone.

AussieChiefsFan
04-03-2009, 04:28 AM
Canada speaks Drunkanese. I have to be plowed to understand him on the phone.
lmao