PDA

View Full Version : Dorsey, what a waste

SaintsFan101
03-26-2009, 10:17 AM
of talent on this team.

i feel bad for him. im a die hard saints fan and LSU fan. i've Dorsey play since his sophmore year at LSU.

i remember in last years draft, when the chiefs were on the board, the saints offered to trade up, supposedly, the saints offered there number 10 overall, and there 2nd round pick and a pick in 2009 for the chiefs 5th overall, and the chiefs declined.

so Dorsey comes here, to the Chiefs, of course i was ok with that since i do like the chiefs, but i had a feeling it would be a few years before he was on a winning team or even a mediocre team.

whats worse is that Herm Edwards, used Dorsey Terribly. Dorsey did well at LSU for attacking the passer. Not read and reacting. so Edwards has Dorsey lining up head across Guards? hello? anyone home? how do you put a DT thats best at pass rushing head across a guard?

what a waste.

edwards gets fired. great. fantastic. now what becomes of Dorsey? a NT? are you f***ing serious?

i just can't beleive how the chiefs can take 1 of the most talented pass rushing DT's to ever come out of the NFL draft in years, and turn him into a completely worthless player who's career is gonna flop due to p!ss poor management and coaching.

at this point, i really, really do wish the chiefs would cut Dorsey so he can move onto a different team that knows something about football and he can be used for what he's best at and succeed. i don't care what team, any team that will at least use him correctly.

because its evidentally clear, as long as he is here in kansas city, he is an utter waste of great talent.

Chief Tyler
03-26-2009, 10:21 AM
First half, right on, tell us what we already know.

For the second half, there are going to be quite a few angry people if Dorsey is used as the NT this year. Btw, why the hell would he be cut? Massive cap hit with no return on a player that we still feel can be an integral part of the defense? You're delusional.

balto
03-26-2009, 10:22 AM
No worries,

It will be different this year!!!!

SaintsFan101
03-26-2009, 10:28 AM
First half, right on, tell us what we already know.

For the second half, there are going to be quite a few angry people if Dorsey is used as the NT this year. Btw, why the hell would he be cut? Massive cap hit with no return on a player that we still feel can be an integral part of the defense? You're delusional.

here ya go.

Pioli says Gonzalez did not request a trade - Kansas City Star (http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/1106883.html)

says Dorsey is the NT.

how can Dorsey be an integral part of the defense? he's been used wrong in KC since the day he was drafted.

definition of a good coach, is putting his players in the best situation to win.

whats happened to dorsey since he's been here? he's constantly placed in the best situations to fail.

i don't care about the cap hit etc etc. i just simply hate to see his career flop and be called a bust due to horrible coaching management.

yashi
03-26-2009, 10:28 AM
For those who haven't seen... Dorsey will indeed be used as an NT at least part of the time this year.

Pioli says Gonzalez did not request a trade - Kansas City Star (http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/1106883.html)

EDIT: beaten to it by seconds..

yashi
03-26-2009, 10:35 AM
here ya go.

says Dorsey is the NT.

how can Dorsey be an integral part of the defense? he's been used wrong in KC since the day he was drafted.

definition of a good coach, is putting his players in the best situation to win.

whats happened to dorsey since he's been here? he's constantly placed in the best situations to fail.

i don't care about the cap hit etc etc. i just simply hate to see his career flop and be called a bust due to horrible coaching management.

first off, chill out. jesus.

he's been in the NFL for one season, did you expect him to be a pro bowler last season? if so, then you are grossly overestimating his ability.

was he used incorrectly? absolutely. however he is one player on the team and if the coaches believe the 3-4 is better for the team as a whole, then they're going to use a 3-4 regardless of what suits Dorsey. personally, I thought he'd be better as a 3-4 DE, but I'm also not an NFL head coach.

SaintsFan101
03-26-2009, 10:41 AM
personally, I thought he'd be better as a 3-4 DE, but I'm also not an NFL head coach.

great, so instead of using him incorrectly by lining up across from a guard, your idea of him being better used would be lining up across from a tackle he11bent on protecting his QB's blind side.

he's not that either, unfortunatly, he's a straight up 4-3 3 technique DT.

i just hate to see the guys career utterly go to waste. hopefully the chiefs will sever there ties with him in a few years so that theres time for Dorsey to go to a team that actually knows how to use its players.

yashi
03-26-2009, 10:50 AM
great, so instead of using him incorrectly by lining up across from a guard, your idea of him being better used would be lining up across from a tackle he11bent on protecting his QB's blind side.

i just hate to see the guys career utterly go to waste. hopefully the chiefs will sever there ties with him in a few years so that theres time for Dorsey to go to a team that actually knows how to use its players.

ok you win, he should sit on the bench when the team is running a 3-4.

KottkeKU
03-26-2009, 10:59 AM
he just needs to get better. and the people around him need to get better too... then he will be better

DT14PRIEST
03-26-2009, 11:01 AM

No one here really cares about a Saints homer's gripe with the Chiefs. If you're looking for pitty because you're butt hurt over how things look to be panning out for your boy Dorsey then you best look elsewhere.

SaintsFan101
03-26-2009, 11:08 AM
No one here really cares about a Saints homer's gripe with the Chiefs. If you're looking for pitty because you're butt hurt over how things look to be panning out for your boy Dorsey then you best look elsewhere.

wow, no wonder why the chiefs have been 1 of the worst teams in recent years. its fans are happy about wasting a 5th overall pick and huge cap hit for what is gonna be a below average player because of coaching.

DT14PRIEST
03-26-2009, 11:24 AM
wow, no wonder why the chiefs have been 1 of the worst teams in recent years. its fans are happy about wasting a 5th overall pick and huge cap hit for what is gonna be a below average player because of coaching.

No one said that the new management had to do anything to keep the flow of continuity from the previous one. As far as I know our current DC is known for running both a 34/43 hybrid scheme. Does that mean the outs for Dorsey? No. Means they'll find a fit for Dorsey's skill set somewhere for the time being and he'll either learn to adapt as we change or we'll cut our ties with him when the time comes.

I'll just post a nugget of information I found interesting.

Compares To: WARREN SAPP-Oakland...While both have made a nice living off their explosive initial step, Dorsey does not have the same game-changing ability Sapp displayed during the prime of his career. Let's face it, Dorsey is a good sanitation man (takes out the trash by handling multiple blockers, thus freeing a teammate up to make the play), but if statistics tell the true story, he had just 13 sacks, 27 stops for losses and seven quarterback pressures in 51 collegiate games. While we will follow the party line that he could develop into another Sapp, he also could be a clone of a former LSU Tiger, Anthony McFarland.

jmlamerson
03-26-2009, 12:04 PM

Yes, if only we could have the Saints rich, winning tradition.

SDChief09
03-26-2009, 12:33 PM
Ok, this is what bothers me. Dorsey CAN PLAY DT, HE CAN...his body type allows him to do this. Hes shaped like a big rock, he can bulk up a bit, and could be GREAT at this position...Honestly, I saw a guy out of position last year, and the 3-4 NT spot lets him use his skills...

Now, I ask what happens to Tank, I guess he becomes the backup guy and our 4-3 2nd DT.

I am fine with that...if it doesnt work out, I'd be shocked, and so would quite a few REAL NFL people who initially said he could play nose coming out last year

Chief Tyler
03-26-2009, 12:36 PM

No joke man. They essentially get a second draft and a couple more for the following season in '99 and the only thing they have to show for it is a Wildcard playoff berth. Lol, and this guy makes fun of our management.

chief31
03-26-2009, 01:24 PM

A.) He is a DT in The NFL. He damn well better learn to go head-to-head against Offensive Linemen, or he will be a flop with any team.

B.) Complaining about the new coaching staff changing to a defense that you don't think he fits, just shows your bias toward babying the player that you like.

You don't mold your entire defense around one player. And if he is that damn good, then he will shine despite being in a different defense.

While I agree that the alleged Saints/Chiefs draft day trade offer should have been taken, I don't know for sure that it actually happened.

Because I also heard that the offer was Saints 1st & 5th for Chiefs 1st.

Neither sounds all that realistic to me.

honda522
03-26-2009, 01:54 PM
A.) He is a DT in The NFL. He damn well better learn to go head-to-head against Offensive Linemen, or he will be a flop with any team.

B.) Complaining about the new coaching staff changing to a defense that you don't think he fits, just shows your bias toward babying the player that you like.

You don't mold your entire defense around one player. And if he is that damn good, then he will shine despite being in a different defense.

While I agree that the alleged Saints/Chiefs draft day trade offer should have been taken, I don't know for sure that it actually happened.

Because I also heard that the offer was Saints 1st & 5th for Chiefs 1st.

Neither sounds all that realistic to me.
Right on brother.

Codac
03-26-2009, 05:16 PM
Wow dude. You seriously need to chill. lol. Woosah, Woosah, rub the ears. Remember your pressure points.

hometeam
03-26-2009, 05:21 PM
Give it more than a year before you start going on a mad crusade into a Chiefs forums berating us for something out of our control~

I still have belief that Dorsey will end up being very good.. hell he didnt do BAD last year, just didnt have sacks, and he had nothing helping him and noone to teach him. He will progress.

honda522
03-26-2009, 07:48 PM
Hm, Reggie Bush...what a waste.

bigpoppachief
03-27-2009, 03:15 AM
of talent on this team.

i feel bad for him. im a die hard saints fan and LSU fan. i've Dorsey play since his sophmore year at LSU.

i remember in last years draft, when the chiefs were on the board, the saints offered to trade up, supposedly, the saints offered there number 10 overall, and there 2nd round pick and a pick in 2009 for the chiefs 5th overall, and the chiefs declined.

so Dorsey comes here, to the Chiefs, of course i was ok with that since i do like the chiefs, but i had a feeling it would be a few years before he was on a winning team or even a mediocre team.

whats worse is that Herm Edwards, used Dorsey Terribly. Dorsey did well at LSU for attacking the passer. Not read and reacting. so Edwards has Dorsey lining up head across Guards? hello? anyone home? how do you put a DT thats best at pass rushing head across a guard?

what a waste.

edwards gets fired. great. fantastic. now what becomes of Dorsey? a NT? are you f***ing serious?

i just can't beleive how the chiefs can take 1 of the most talented pass rushing DT's to ever come out of the NFL draft in years, and turn him into a completely worthless player who's career is gonna flop due to p!ss poor management and coaching.

at this point, i really, really do wish the chiefs would cut Dorsey so he can move onto a different team that knows something about football and he can be used for what he's best at and succeed. i don't care what team, any team that will at least use him correctly.

because its evidentally clear, as long as he is here in kansas city, he is an utter waste of great talent.

Not true at all !!!!! Dorsey is going to florish in KC because the coaches aren't looking at the inside of thier stomache from having their head up their A%%&S Dorsey is abeast and until he has three bad seasons I am not going to write him off ! Noone has even said we are going to a 3-4 and if we did it will be a hybrid system at least for the enxt year. Dorsey is getting pumpued up and in the ebst shape of hsi life I see him being a major threat next year ! Have faith because Dorsey is going to be dancing with the stats next year

tornadospotter
03-27-2009, 03:19 AM
Kansas City Chiefs Forums - View Single Post - 3-4 Positional needs (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showpost.php?p=126305&postcount=5)

jason1981
03-27-2009, 04:02 AM
i would have loved to see what dorsey would have done if we still had Jared Allen and then teams would have been concentrated on Allen more.

dbolan
03-27-2009, 12:22 PM

Roger that!

I called it before he was drafted. All of that BANK, hot women and flash...Pretty much sums it up!

AkChief49
03-27-2009, 12:29 PM

:lol: :lol: that was funny. Send us another Willie Roaf!

tornadospotter
03-27-2009, 12:33 PM
:lol: :lol: that was funny. Send us another Willie Roaf!
I dare you to. :D

honda522
03-27-2009, 12:42 PM
Roger that!

I called it before he was drafted. All of that BANK, hot women and flash...Pretty much sums it up!
I was kinda of being sarcastic. :lol:

He is...well was a backup since he was drafted in the first round. But the OP was dogging on Doresy I had to comeback and get him for it.

New Orleans.....what a waste for a football team :funnypost:

Drew Brees, what a waste.

bigpoppachief
03-27-2009, 03:39 PM

LMAO What a great quote right there !!! I mean they were talking on NFL network like Bush wasn't even there lmao because they were talking about needing a RB and taking moreno lol good point !!!!:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Coach
03-28-2009, 12:28 AM

I can't say that I agree with everything you've said. But the quote above is right on the money. Hopefully he'll have a better 2nd year. I'm interested to see how he fits in our defense this year.

saints2k9
04-21-2009, 10:17 PM
LMAO What a great quote right there !!! I mean they were talking on NFL network like Bush wasn't even there lmao because they were talking about needing a RB and taking moreno lol good point !!!!:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

haha!

what a waste yeah!!

25+ TD in 35+ games..sure is a bust!
LED the NFL scoring and first downs before he got hurt in 2008..bust!
LONGEST reception in NFC Championship history! bust!
sure is a lot of highlights for a bust!

everytime they say something about Saints needing a RB..its to complement Reggie Bush.

YouTube - Reggie Bush Highlights (2006-2008)

now..what I came here for..

How do you guys feel about trading Dorsey for the Saints 14th pick?

slc chief
04-21-2009, 10:35 PM
haha!

what a waste yeah!!

everytime they say something about Saints needing a RB..its to complement Reggie Bush.

YouTube - Reggie Bush Highlights (2006-2008) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0vVnIqn-kw)

you saints fans really are clowns have you guys ever even won a superbowl who cares any way you guys were the crappiest team in the league for how long notorious for your brown paper bags well get used to it again because right now is supposed to be your time and you did not do jack s##t last year the chiefs have a couple losing seasons and you run your mouth. the saints organazation could not hold our jock strap you guys are the joke of the nfl always have been and always will be

northwest
04-21-2009, 10:35 PM

I guess it all depends on how Dorsey is going to work in the 3-4. It's hard to give that answer right now But right now I'd say no thanks.
arguing on the internet. :sign0098: we're going to back our respective teams no matter what, if you're a true fan. so don't come here telling us what our teams have done wrong. as if we have anything to do with the decision making. CHIEFS CHIEFS CHIEFS

chief31
04-22-2009, 12:05 AM
haha!

what a waste yeah!!

Well, "bust" may be a bit of an exaggeration. But he certainly hasn't lived up to expectations yet.

I think I would support that trade. I wouldn't mind seeing Dorsey get with a team that needs him for what he is skilled at either.

jaimevick
04-28-2009, 05:52 PM
Wow. 1 season and you are ready to right his career off as a waste? DL is a tough position to play in the NFL. Dorsey will be fine because of his passion for the game. If you are an LSU fan, you should know the pride he takes in performing for the fans. He just needs to get stronger, and I have no doubt that is being addressed in the offseason.

Coach
04-28-2009, 10:43 PM
Wow. 1 season and you are ready to right his career off as a waste? DL is a tough position to play in the NFL. Dorsey will be fine because of his passion for the game. If you are an LSU fan, you should know the pride he takes in performing for the fans. He just needs to get stronger, and I have no doubt that is being addressed in the offseason.

Nobody is giving up on this guy. But if he doesn't fit in a 3-4 scheme, it's better to trade him to a 4-3 team and get some value for him and let him flourish in the right system.

I think that is all that people are saying. Nobody doubts that he has talent. And most of us on this board feel he wasn't used properly last year when we ran a 4-3.

theaxeeffect4311
04-28-2009, 11:17 PM
Nobody is giving up on this guy. But if he doesn't fit in a 3-4 scheme, it's better to trade him to a 4-3 team and get some value for him and let him flourish in the right system.

I think that is all that people are saying. Nobody doubts that he has talent. And most of us on this board feel he wasn't used properly last year when we ran a 4-3.

I think the smart thing to do would be to use Dorsey as much as possible to inflate his stats. Make schemes to make him effective in certain situations that he gets tackles and sacks. Make his stats as high as you can, then trade him after this season.

pbatrucker
04-29-2009, 01:09 AM

It all depends on weather Dorsey buys into playing DE. If he does he'll be a good one. With Dorsey, McGee and Jacson rotating at DE and staying fresh and with Tyler and Edwards rotating at NT and staying fresh our Dl could really be pretty good.
I'm shifting my worries to OL and LB. and WR
:11:

Coach
04-29-2009, 11:11 PM
It all depends on weather Dorsey buys into playing DE. If he does he'll be a good one. With Dorsey, McGee and Jacson rotating at DE and staying fresh and with Tyler and Edwards rotating at NT and staying fresh our Dl could really be pretty good.
I'm shifting my worries to OL and LB. and WR
:11:

We need a RT and just OL depth in general. I'm less concerned about the WR spot, although we did just lose a 1000 yd receiver.

Chiefster
04-30-2009, 12:24 AM
We need a RT and just OL depth in general. I'm less concerned about the WR spot, although we did just lose a 1000 yd receiver.

Preachin to the choir here buddy; agreed 100%.

rbedgood
04-30-2009, 01:21 AM
This thread makes a certain 49er fan laugh. :D

texaschief
05-01-2009, 02:21 AM
Haley said he was going to DE. He won't be big enough at NT. Tank and Boone will be there.