PDA

View Full Version : TG rumblings in Az................

Drunker Hillbilly
03-26-2009, 06:36 PM
Here in Az I was listening to a local radio program that has a guy on it that is very, very close to what goes on inside the Cardinals organization.

Media Player (http://www.xtrasports910.com/cc-common/mediaplayer/player.html?redir=yes&mps=UBSgeneric.php&mid=http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/23392/1h/cchannel.download.akamai.com/23392/629/richmedia/3-26_MJ_on_football_.mp3?CCOMRRMID=26876545&CPROG=RICHMEDIA&MARKET=PHOENIX-AZ&NG_FORMAT=sports&NG_ID=kgme910am&OR_NEWSFORMAT=&OWNER=629&SERVER_NAME=www.xtra910.com&SITE_ID=629&STATION_ID=KGME-AM&TRACK=3-26_MJ_on_Boldin_and_Gonzo)

Chiefster
03-26-2009, 06:43 PM
Anything at this point is possible I guess.

Chiefster
03-26-2009, 06:52 PM
Not saying that it doesn't have merit, but it sounds like a couple of guys engaging in speculation.

Drunker Hillbilly
03-26-2009, 07:00 PM
It is just that but it is a FACT that they were discussing it.

hardcorechiefsfan
03-26-2009, 07:48 PM
Here in Az I was listening to a local radio program that has a guy on it that is very, very close to what goes on inside the Cardinals organization.

Media Player (http://www.xtrasports910.com/cc-common/mediaplayer/player.html?redir=yes&mps=UBSgeneric.php&mid=http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/23392/1h/cchannel.download.akamai.com/23392/629/richmedia/3-26_MJ_on_football_.mp3?CCOMRRMID=26876545&CPROG=RICHMEDIA&MARKET=PHOENIX-AZ&NG_FORMAT=sports&NG_ID=kgme910am&OR_NEWSFORMAT=&OWNER=629&SERVER_NAME=www.xtra910.com&SITE_ID=629&STATION_ID=KGME-AM&TRACK=3-26_MJ_on_Boldin_and_Gonzo)
I'm tired of the rumors; I could care less. I want TG to make it to a superbowl but if there is a chance that we can't get him there, then I will be happy if he gets that chance with a better team.
Please, no more rumor-rumbling-smoke-or whatever kind of talk. I don't want to hear about it; I don't care if Joe Blow is a big honcho on some team's office or whatever.
If some other team can give TG a better chance than we could give him, so be it. If you didn't hear about it from Clark, Pioli, Haley, or TG's own lips don't believe it!

honda522
03-26-2009, 08:12 PM
Yea, like AZ is going to trade a decent draft pic for a glorified WR. The already have 2 great ones and they need defensive players.

tornadospotter
03-26-2009, 08:12 PM
Are you kidding!!!! TG for Boldwin plus a chief draft pick. That is not even close to a trade. That is a insult to TG and the Chiefs.!

Hayvern
03-26-2009, 08:18 PM
ESPN today announced that Haley has not fielded any calls nor have they heard anything about Gonzales wanting to be traded.

They also said that Johnson and Waters are not really topics of discussion either, both are under contract and will be expected to play.

I like that attitude, time for the cry babies to pony up.

RedJohnson
03-26-2009, 10:27 PM
I say ship him off to Oakland with Larry.

Vandelay
03-26-2009, 10:42 PM
I'm going to assume that was a joke.

pbatrucker
03-26-2009, 11:14 PM
I don'tlike it at all. not only would we lose the best player on the team we would probally lose our 3rd rd draft pick. I believe that is the pick which we get our much needed DE. We can not afford to give up another high draft choice.
:funnypost: :lol:

Drunker Hillbilly
03-27-2009, 12:08 AM
Are you all serious????? I like TG as much as I have liked any Chiefs player but this would be an OUTSTANDING trade for the Chiefs!!!!!! One of the best receivers in the league and a pick for an aging TG that probably only has 2 years left? Boldins numbers have been great!!! Not that TG's haven't been! I am guessing Boldin's probably got almost 7000 yds in the last 6 years which I'm guessing is a little better than TG and TG has been the primary receiver for us and Boldin has not been. The only thing I see is that TG has gone injury free his entire career only missing 1 game! Incredible!!! Boldin has missed a few through out his career but he is arguably the toughest WR in the league and will go across the middle like nobody in the league. I personally would make this trade if it were ever to come to fruition. JMO

tornadospotter
03-27-2009, 01:42 AM
Are you all serious????? I like TG as much as I have liked any Chiefs player but this would be an OUTSTANDING trade for the Chiefs!!!!!! One of the best receivers in the league and a pick for an aging TG that probably only has 2 years left? Boldins numbers have been great!!! Not that TG's haven't been! I am guessing Boldin's probably got almost 7000 yds in the last 6 years which I'm guessing is a little better than TG and TG has been the primary receiver for us and Boldin has not been. The only thing I see is that TG has gone injury free his entire career only missing 1 game! Incredible!!! Boldin has missed a few through out his career but he is arguably the toughest WR in the league and will go across the middle like nobody in the league. I personally would make this trade if it were ever to come to fruition. JMO
:funnypost: I am going to assume that you were joking!
TG and a draft pick, for boldin!:lol:

Three7s
03-27-2009, 02:24 AM
I like the trade, Boldin is one of the best.

tornadospotter
03-27-2009, 02:29 AM
I like the trade, Boldin is one of the best.
So you want to trade the best TE in the NFL, plus give up our 3rd draft pick, for boldin?
Sorry but thats to me is just,
NUTS!
Did I miss some thing in the talk radio show?
I am old you know.

Three7s
03-27-2009, 04:07 AM
So you want to trade the best TE in the NFL, plus give up our 3rd draft pick, for boldin?
Sorry but thats to me is just,
NUTS!
Did I miss some thing in the talk radio show?
I am old you know.
Basically, Boldin is a younger and faster TG. I love TG and all that, but if he really wants out and we can get Boldin, I say take it.

Vandelay
03-27-2009, 04:16 AM
I'm to the point that I don't care if he wants out. It's pretty simple, the Chiefs are a better team with Tony. So if I'm Pioli, I'm not trading him. Even if Gonzales is unhappy, he will be a pro and give this team 110%. Plus after they win a few games, Tony will get over it.

Drunker Hillbilly
03-27-2009, 09:22 AM
I make the trade in a second. The Cardinals would probably accept a 4th rounder.

tornadospotter
03-27-2009, 01:29 PM
I make the trade in a second. The Cardinals would probably accept a 4th rounder.
I am sorry DH, I think the desert sun has fried you. Why would we give the best TE in the NFL, and maybe in NFL history, plus a draft pick for who.

Please.

honda522
03-27-2009, 02:33 PM
I am sorry DH, I think the desert sun has fried you. Why would we give the best TE in the NFL, and maybe in NFL history, plus a draft pick for who.

Please.
Maybe in history?

I think he is the best, no doubt.

Coach
03-27-2009, 02:34 PM
I think an argument could be made that the Chiefs are closer to a playoff run in 2009 than the Cardinals are. No way this happens.

Boldin for TG? I think Pioli would have to strongly consider that deal, but I'm sure it's not even on the table.

It is fun to think about:
Cassell throwing to Dwayne Bowe, Anquan Boldin, and Bobby Engram. LJ in the backfield. That could make a pretty nasty offense.

okikcfan
03-27-2009, 05:49 PM
I'm tired of the rumors; I could care less. I want TG to make it to a superbowl but if there is a chance that we can't get him there, then I will be happy if he gets that chance with a better team.
Please, no more rumor-rumbling-smoke-or whatever kind of talk. I don't want to hear about it; I don't care if Joe Blow is a big honcho on some team's office or whatever.
If some other team can give TG a better chance than we could give him, so be it. If you didn't hear about it from Clark, Pioli, Haley, or TG's own lips don't believe it!

There's one thing you have to understand, as fans, We Love TG. We want him here or at least whatever is best for him because he has done so much for us as Chiefs Fans. But, Scott Pioli is not a fan as we see it. GM is his job, and he does not care who you are, how long you've been here, he is going to do whatever he feels is best for HIS team, even if it means TG goes elseware in a trade. Also, Talk and BS is what we do here, we like it, it brings light to the possibilities of all the things that could or could not happen. So chill, in this, the waiting game, you never know what will happen.

Drunker Hillbilly
03-27-2009, 07:10 PM

Please.
You watched only one of these players for the last several seasons. I have watched them both and Boldin is the real deal!!!! Top 5 receiver easy!!! I love TG don't get me wrong but Boldin is going to play for several more years and TG probably only 1 or 2. Boldin would easily fill the roll TG plays and it would be a prolific WR tandem! If this offer was on the table, I would bet Pioli would do the deed!!!

jb908
03-27-2009, 07:15 PM
send him to carolina for peppers

AussieChiefsFan
03-27-2009, 09:04 PM
send him to carolina for peppers
ARE YOU CRAZY??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tony Gonzalez is one of the best things about the chiefs!!!!!!!!!

Three7s
03-27-2009, 11:56 PM

Please.
You don't know who Boldin is? You need to watch some highlight reels. TG is the best TE ever, but he has 2 years left MAX and POSSIBLY wants out of KC. Boldin has a HECK of a lot more than 2 years left and he's an absolute beast. Like DH said, you've only watched TG, but if you ever watched Boldin, I think you'd see what we're talkiing about.

Chiefster
03-28-2009, 12:29 AM

No, because then he'll have a break out season against us. Trade him to the NFC.

AussieChiefsFan
03-28-2009, 01:24 AM
Trade him to the NFC.
or the ncaa:lol:

prough91
03-28-2009, 12:34 PM
If that's what they want for Boldin; trade him. TG asked for a trade (regardless what Pioli says). I have no more loyalty for him.

Drunker Hillbilly
03-28-2009, 04:48 PM
I think this was just some banter between two guys but the guy who brought it up is very knlowledgeable when it come to the NFL and doesn't usually just talk out of his arse. Not that there is anything to this he was simply thinking out loud about something he would consider.

chief31
03-28-2009, 11:29 PM
I like Boldin. He is one of the best recievers in the league.

But There is no way I give them the unquestionable best TE in the league, and our very high third round pick.

TG has respectfully stated that he would like to be traded to a team that expects to be a Super Bowl contender now.

I have no problem with that, as long as we aren't going to get taken to the cleaners to get a deal.

If we hadn't already traded away our second round pick, and we were drafting on the back half of the third round, then I would feel more comfortable with the terms mentioned.

But I can't justify, with our current team situation, trading a HOF starter and a rookie that I expect to start, for any player at a position that we are looking rather strong at.

And, for comparing Boldin's numbers to those of TG, I take into consideration the style of offense that each has played in.

Gonzales has produced top numbers in all types of offense. The pass happy Spread of last season, the run, run, run of Herm, and the high-powered, super balanced offense of Vermiel.

Whereas Boldin has played almost entirely from the Pass-Only offense of The Arizona Cardinals.

But, as I said above, Boldin is definitely one of the best WRs that any team could ask for.

Drunker Hillbilly
03-29-2009, 12:14 AM
The Chiefs became a pass happy offense the second they hired Todd Haley as their head coach! Boldin would thrive here!!!!

okikcfan
03-29-2009, 01:26 AM
I know I could be wrong but we now have the Cards DC and OC and with that said what are the odd's of them even making the play offs next season. So what good would it do Tony to trade him to AZ. Also, what do we really know about Pioli? If he is as good as Clark says he is, he won't care if Tony ends up on the lions roster or not just as long as he gets some thing in return, some thing he needs. Tony has been a Great Chiefs Player on and off the field but, if he really wants to go, I say get what ever you can out of him and move on. He will always be a Chief to me unless he goes to another AFC West team. I'll still like him but won't wish him well. lol

Drunker Hillbilly
03-29-2009, 10:23 AM
I know I could be wrong but we now have the Cards DC and OC and with that said what are the odd's of them even making the play offs next season. So what good would it do Tony to trade him to AZ. Also, what do we really know about Pioli? If he is as good as Clark says he is, he won't care if Tony ends up on the lions roster or not just as long as he gets some thing in return, some thing he needs. Tony has been a Great Chiefs Player on and off the field but, if he really wants to go, I say get what ever you can out of him and move on. He will always be a Chief to me unless he goes to another AFC West team. I'll still like him but won't wish him well. lol
The Cardinals will win their division again next year. Remember it's the NFC West. One of the worst divisions in football. Having said that, they have a decent team regardless of what some think! They will definetly make the playoffs and TG would have a better chance of winning there than he does here IMO!!!! At least this coming year.

Coach
03-29-2009, 03:11 PM
Tony has been a Great Chiefs Player on and off the field but, if he really wants to go, I say get what ever you can out of him and move on.

Tony doesn't want to play on another team, he wants to win a Lombardi trophy. Winning that trophy in KC would be ideal. I think he will have a much better idea of how far this team is away from winning a SB by the end of next season. I think he will stay this season, and the 2010 season will depend on how this team develops over the next year.

The real story is whether Pioli takes advantage of his trade value, not whether Tony wants out of KC.

AussieChiefsFan
04-14-2009, 01:23 AM
:sign0080:

Chief Tyler
04-15-2009, 10:01 PM
well that Anquan dude is now trade bait....he said he was atleast worth a 1 and a 3.....so if AZ actually wants Tony i think we could sneak a trade (tony and a 3)im sure they wouldnt notice how ungood that is.WHY this wont happen...?because then we pick at round one and then skip to round 4....not cool

It would probably be Tony and a first (not our number 3 of course, lower).