PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Info on LJ

wildcat
03-28-2009, 11:12 AM
I have been wondering for a while if LJ's legal troubles violate his contract, thus allowing the Chiefs to cut him and completely remove him from the books (including guaranteed money). This article pretty much answers that question for me.

Chiefs, Larry Johnson to Meet Over*Contract - Arrowhead Pride (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2009/3/27/812920/chiefs-larry-johnson-to-me)

I do not think a team would usually exercise their right to cut a big time player without keeping their commitment in regards to guaranteed money, but in this case Larry has repeatedly violated his contract and stated that he does not want to be part of the team.

My guess is that Larry will either sign a new contract at a great discount, or he will be cut. I am almost certain he will be cut.

bigpoppachief
03-28-2009, 11:15 AM
I have been wondering for a while if LJ's legal troubles violate his contract, thus allowing the Chiefs to cut him and completely remove him from the books (including guaranteed money). This article pretty much answers that question for me.

Chiefs, Larry Johnson to Meet Over*Contract - Arrowhead Pride (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2009/3/27/812920/chiefs-larry-johnson-to-me)

I do not think a team would usually exercise their right to cut a big time player without keeping their commitment in regards to guaranteed money, but in this case Larry has repeatedly violated his contract and stated that he does not want to be part of the team.

My guess is that Larry will either sign a new contract at a great discount, or he will be cut. I am almost certain he will be cut.

Good read who knows what is going to happen.

Hayvern
03-28-2009, 01:18 PM

One thing for sure, you really do not go through this type of process if you plan on keeping the guy around. This blows his moral and makes him even a larger cancer on the team.

okikcfan
03-28-2009, 02:26 PM
well first of al it sounds like an agreed plea deal and second I can't help but wonder if they are not just trying to save money and keep LJ at the same time. I'm sure if the Chiefs cut LJ he would find a new home but at what cost. Very little I'm sure. So the best thing for him to do is settle with what ever KC is offering then give a hundred and fifty percent this coming season and look for a trade next year for more money. Face it, he did this to himself.

Chief Tyler
03-28-2009, 03:00 PM
From what other sources have said though, LJ is saying he is going to show up at the voluntary stuff and give it his all as long as he is really part of the team. Though how he defines "part of the team" in his warped mind is anybody's guess.

chief31
03-28-2009, 11:08 PM
I think he will be playing elsewhere next season. I imagine that he will do pretty well.

honda522
03-28-2009, 11:39 PM
We can trade him...to the right team.

I think a 4th round pick would be worth it. Maybe it could have stipulations.

Coach
03-28-2009, 11:59 PM
If they are getting rid of him I foresee Pioli picking a RB with our first pick. I can only hope it will be Shonn Greene from Iowa. Dang that would rule a$$!!!!!!

1st round RB? I can't see that happening and I also can't see Shonn greene going in the 1st. THere's an outside chance we'd take Shonn in the 3rd round if LJ is gone and Shonn was still on the board.

kcmostwanted
03-28-2009, 11:59 PM
If they are getting rid of him I foresee Pioli picking a RB with our first pick. I can only hope it will be Shonn Greene from Iowa. Dang that would rule a$$!!!!!!

I hope you're just joking... Because we can probably pick up Shonn Greene in the 3rd round. Picking Shonn Greene w/ the #3 pick in the draft would be something Al Davis would do (but he's not fast enough for Davis).

None of the RB's this year are worth picking in the top 10. Knowshon is solid but he's probably not an every down back (a little undersized) and Wells has a history of injuries.

Our best bet is to work out the L.J situation and get as many miles out of him as possible.

Coach
03-29-2009, 12:03 AM
Our best bet is to work out the L.J situation and get as many miles out of him as possible.
Running LJ into the ground is the best punishment. 300+ carries in 2009.

okikcfan
03-29-2009, 01:42 AM
LJ has to meet with Pioli next week, and I would guess Pioli would very much like to keep LJ but would also like to reduce the 3+ million he will be owed. I for one do not like LJ as a person but, if he steps it up, well with him, gonzo, bowe and engram as targets, cassell could have a hay day. We will just need to beef up both the Oline and the defense. If we could get boldin, I'd take him.

AussieChiefsFan
03-29-2009, 05:42 AM
Teah, if we keep him playing well, along side TG and Cassel, we'll be a much better team than we were in 2008!:yahoo::bananen_smilies046:

prough91
03-31-2009, 11:47 AM
Running LJ into the ground is the best punishment. 300+ carries in 2009.

500+. Don't even throw the d@mn ball. Just hand it to LJ.

Drunker Hillbilly
03-31-2009, 01:01 PM
I can tell you right now that the Chiefs became a throwing team the second Haley was hired!!! With Cassell at QB, if the O line can give him 5 seconds, the Chiefs will be airing it out this year which again means another big year for TG if he is here and maybe a 1000 yd receiver also.

tornadospotter
03-31-2009, 02:58 PM
We should keep lj, and run his butt in to the ground. Maybe he will straighten his butt up, and become a worthy member of the Chiefs. Do not know, but for all he has done, he should make amends to KC Chiefs! Prove himself to be worthy of the uniform of the,

K.C. CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:11:

Canada
03-31-2009, 02:59 PM
We should keep lj, and run his butt in to the ground. Maybe he will straighten his butt up, and become a worthy member of the Chiefs. Do not know, but for all he has done, he should make amends to KC Chiefs! Prove himself to be worthy of the uniform of the K.C. CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As much as I would like to see him get his worn out by running the ball, I would rather see him getting worn out by getting involved in the blocking game while we air it out for the afternoon!! :bananen_smilies046:

tornadospotter
03-31-2009, 03:22 PM
As much as I would like to see him get his worn out by running the ball, I would rather see him getting worn out by getting involved in the blocking game while we air it out for the afternoon!! :bananen_smilies046:
Well since he can not attend night clubs anymore, maybe he will take training classes on how to block and protect your QB.

prough91
04-02-2009, 11:07 AM
So then your ok with yet another mediocre season from the Chiefs? What is it with all of you guys? I understand you don't like change but seriously, why do you feel it's needed to screw up the entire season just to get something outta this guy? I think you all need to actually go to Chiefs.com and watch the latest video of Haley's interview from his first team get together so you can get a sense as to where the new Head Coach is going. He isn't gonna do 500+ carries and not throw the ball , infact may not even be 300+ carries, it will be a completly different Chiefs look and I for one am excited to see it and all the wishing for bad things to happen won't make it come true. Make the change to the posotive guys, it's actually a good thing :D :bananen_smilies046::yahoo::toast2::drunkhb:

We were talking about a fitting punishment for LJ. It was sarcasm. Get off me.

wichitaj
04-02-2009, 12:15 PM

I agree, Haley is a pass first coach, I could see this turning into an Edgerrin James type of situation that AZ had last year. Edg said he wasn't being paid to be a lineman, LJ won't be happy being a "lineman", he still thinks he's an ProBowl runner.

I bet LJ spits at the idea of being a blocking running back.

Chief Tyler
04-02-2009, 12:30 PM
I agree, Haley is a pass first coach, I could see this turning into an Edgerrin James type of situation that AZ had last year. Edg said he wasn't being paid to be a lineman, LJ won't be happy being a "lineman", he still thinks he's an ProBowl runner.

Haley was a pass first coach because he had 2 of the best receivers in the league, a vet QB, a very solid 3rd WR and a solid TE whereas he had a rookie that couldn't take the load and an aging vet carrying the ball. We're not going to see that same level of pass offense next year. If the Haley/Gailey tandem is smart (which I think they are) and LJ is around, they're going to use his services as well as those of Charles and Smith to create a better balance in the offense. Using our running game to complement the pass game is going to take a lot of pressure off of whichever QB is starting next season. We don't have the same tools that Arizona did, so don't expect the same type of play.

Canada
04-02-2009, 03:45 PM

If he spits on the idea then we are no farther behind than where we stand right now.

If LJ ever wants to sign another contract with anyone in the league again, he will STFU and do what he is told.

Either way, LJ takes a pounding or LJ does not get paid in 2010!!

chiefsfreak4life
04-02-2009, 11:14 PM
We should keep lj, and run his butt in to the ground. Maybe he will straighten his butt up, and become a worthy member of the Chiefs. Do not know, but for all he has done, he should make amends to KC Chiefs! Prove himself to be worthy of the uniform of the,

K.C. CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree. As much as I would like to see his sorry butt gone, if he can get his crap together on the field, he could be a very important factor in the Chiefs winning the AFC West this year!!

McLovin
04-02-2009, 11:35 PM
Wow and I thought I was a Hawkeye Homer. I would love to get Shonn Greene but realistically he had a great year 1 great year, for him to be taken off the board at a higher pick then Adrian Peterson (7th overall). I would like to get Greene in the third of fourth round. I feel he may very well have the character that LJ lacks.

chief31
04-02-2009, 11:43 PM
If they are getting rid of him I foresee Pioli picking a RB with our first pick. I can only hope it will be Shonn Greene from Iowa. Dang that would rule a$$!!!!!!Wow and I thought I was a Hawkeye Homer. I would love to get Shonn Greene but realistically he had a great year 1 great year, for him to be taken off the board at a higher pick then Adrian Peterson (7th overall). I would like to get Greene in the third of fourth round. I feel he may very well have the character that LJ lacks.

Yeah. That one was a bit of a stretch, wasn't it?:D

Chief Tyler
04-03-2009, 01:29 AM
Wow and I thought I was a Hawkeye Homer. I would love to get Shonn Greene but realistically he had a great year 1 great year, for him to be taken off the board at a higher pick then Adrian Peterson (7th overall). I would like to get Greene in the third of fourth round. I feel he may very well have the character that LJ lacks.

Not much has come out about his character, but his work ethic has come into question.