PDA

View Full Version : Larry Johnson is truley a piece of shart!

Polleo Pit Man
03-31-2009, 04:30 AM
Larry Johnson used to be one of my favorite players on "our" team. But as of the last year or so i have realized what a sad , sad little man.....or boy , he is. PLEASE Chiefs, release this doo#he bag! I will give half my savings and everything i could pawn just to get rid of this little woman beatin baby!

YZILLA
03-31-2009, 05:07 AM
lol how do you really feel bro !

AussieChiefsFan
03-31-2009, 05:32 AM
WOW, harsh post! nice sig BTW!:bananen_smilies046:

Sn@keIze
03-31-2009, 05:40 AM
WOW, harsh post! nice sig BTW!:bananen_smilies046:
Anything that can be said bout LJ has been said here.

Canada
03-31-2009, 07:50 AM
I used to think that way, but 2007 was a long time ago. I would like to see some current production. I know he used to be able to do it, but he needs to prove that he still can.

chief31
03-31-2009, 10:34 AM
I've always disliked LJ's personality. If you can make an enemy of Dick Vermiel, then there is definitely something wrong with you.

And he has shown over and over that that is exactly the case.

I also give alot of the credit for his big numbers in '05 and '06 to great blocking.

He does run the ball very well, when he has good blocking.

But he doesn't excell at anything else.

I believe that he could eventually become a good receiver. Because that is another opportunity for him to show how fabulous HE is.

But he has no interest in helping the team. Not this team. Not some other team.

Therefore, blocking will probably always be something that he will do half-heartedly.

I expect that we will release him, he will go to a team with good blocking, and he will have a good season.

But I am ok with that.

KCraised
03-31-2009, 10:39 AM
Oh, he will get released and get picked up, only to be on the highlight reel every other weekend. That will prove he just purposely laid down on us. I guess a 40+ million dollar contract wasnt enough motivation....

dbolan
03-31-2009, 11:36 AM
He played well when he wanted Priest to take a seat and to prove he could carry the load. He did until he got paid.

Yes, I believe that if he is traded, or whatever, that he will have a very good year because he plays with a grudge. He is motivated when he "feels" like he has something to prove.

He cannot handle adversity whether he creates it himself or if it is just in the cards at the time.

Whiner. Crybaby. Selfish. Insatisfiable. Waste of talent.

prough91
03-31-2009, 11:40 AM
He played well when he wanted Priest to take a seat and to prove he could carry the load. He did until he got paid.

Yes, I believe that if he is traded, or whatever, that he will have a very good year because he plays with a grudge. He is motivated when he "feels" like he has something to prove.

He cannot handle adversity whether he creates it himself or if it is just in the cards at the time.

Whiner. Crybaby. Selfish. Insatisfiable. Waste of talent.

Poopiehead.

Sn@keIze
03-31-2009, 11:40 AM
I've always disliked LJ's personality. If you can make an enemy of Dick Vermiel, then there is definitely something wrong with you.

And he has shown over and over that that is exactly the case.

I also give alot of the credit for his big numbers in '05 and '06 to great blocking.

He does run the ball very well, when he has good blocking.

But he doesn't excell at anything else.

I believe that he could eventually become a good receiver. Because that is another opportunity for him to show how fabulous HE is.

But he has no interest in helping the team. Not this team. Not some other team.

Therefore, blocking will probably always be something that he will do half-heartedly.

I expect that we will release him, he will go to a team with good blocking, and he will have a good season.

But I am ok with that.good post.

Basically if we get good blocking and LJ attitude here is tolerable, we should have a good running game.

Yes good blocking was attributed to LJs numbers but any successful RB needs good blocking.

like the ol sayiin goes: show me a good RB and Ill show you a good O-line.

honda522
03-31-2009, 02:21 PM
Yeah. I feel the same way. I liked Johnson when he was a back up. Then he became a starter, and I thought he would be better then Priest. As when he became the starter I noticed things. After his contract, he did not seem to give the 100% effort as he once did.

I don't think he even cares about a SB that much.

jap1
03-31-2009, 03:33 PM
Are you sure that you can't make a professional stance and realize what kind of production this guy can present on the field? In a buissness like the NFL there is no room for personal feelings such as the ones your having right now. Of course I do understand as a fan you can simply say cut the butt hole and be completely happy with the result but, when your in a position such as Pioli or Haley and your looking at the make up of a team, the things you need vs the things that would be nice to have makes a result that would say screw the personal feelings we need to win and if we can motivate a guy that in

This is where the off field issues began and I think alot of it was due to the direction the CP and Herm the Worm were taking the team. They brought in young faster RBs (Jamal Charles)to share time with LJ and then out of nowhere Charles was getting more play time than LJ and my belief is that it had alot to do with the personal feelings that Herm had towards LJ and I wouldn't doubt if Carl The Team Wrecking Crew Petersen may had felt the same way as I read a post on another site during the season that read CP was leaving becasue Clark Hunt was unhappy about LJ not getting play time and that he wanted him to start and be a very big part of the team being a winner and because it didn't happen CP was asked to step down. I wasn't part of this forum then or I would have posted it here but I can totally believe that could happen . Clark wants a winner and so do the fans , either CP and Herm were attempting to get another big draft class this draft by losing a trading LJ and TG away to get them but the bottom line is Clark Hunt stepped up and we have the situation we have now. I think his Father would be proud of what he is doing for the Franchise. We have 7 picks in this draft with #3 over all and the pick up of Scott Pioli and Todd Haley has brought in the FA's that we have aquired. I see a winning situation when you add LJ into the mix but to allow personal feelings sway this would bring potential harm to the proccess we are in right now. That is how I feel about it at this point ;) :D :bananen_smilies046:

You forgot to mention the stats that LJ had in 2008. On very few carries he averaged 4.5 ypc, which is pretty respectable behind the OL that we had last year.

ktmrider
03-31-2009, 04:49 PM
Yeah. I feel the same way. I liked Johnson when he was a back up. Then he became a starter, and I thought he would be better then Priest. As when he became the starter I noticed things. After his contract, he did not seem to give the 100% effort as he once did.

I don't think he even cares about a SB that much.

Larry only cares about 1 thing .................................................. ........Larry!

Ldub
03-31-2009, 04:49 PM
If you watch LJ run NOW he does not has the same pop he used to. He used to just blow up defenders and run through them. Now he looks for a hole and hes not light enough on him feet to be that kind of running back. Maybe he needs to pretend the defence of players are women...

tornadospotter
03-31-2009, 05:10 PM
If you watch LJ run NOW he does not has the same pop he used to. He used to just blow up defenders and run through them. Now he looks for a hole and hes not light enough on him feet to be that kind of running back. Maybe he needs to pretend the defence of players are women...
:sign0153:
:bananen_smilies015: :bananen_smilies029: :bananen_smilies027: Run throw me lj you bad boy!
:lol:

Ldub
03-31-2009, 05:23 PM
I was implying Larry doesnt has a problem assulting women...

Im in my own little world, ignore me. :owws:

Lazeye
03-31-2009, 06:07 PM
I think our HC can jump start larry back into the machine he was by challenging him to be the best. IMO

CHIEFS_FN_ROCK
03-31-2009, 06:17 PM
Its just to bad that LJ cant catch a ball cuz we could stick him back for punt and kick returns. Make him earn that 40 MILLION pound his @$$ all year up the gut just to see what he is made of!

Sn@keIze
03-31-2009, 06:38 PM
Its just to bad that LJ cant catch a ball cuz we could stick him back for punt and kick returns. Make him earn that 40 MILLION pound his @$$ all year up the gut just to see what he is made of!
Now im thankful he cant catch.:D

He would make a lousy return man. Hes too slow and too big.

Chiefster
03-31-2009, 10:16 PM
lol how do you really feel bro !

LOL! Yep, quit holding back.

Nel Toille
03-31-2009, 10:22 PM
If Pioli and Bellichick were able to tame Moss then I don't see why Johnson couldn't be tamed. To be honest, keeping him is better for both parties. He's has more value on the field than the street and I think scott and todd realise this. We can seriously still use him but he needs to be convinced that he is a part of the system and not a one man show which I don't think will be a problem for Pioli. Let's face it guys, nobody here is going to be booing LJ next year if he's tearin' off huge gains on the Broncos and Raiders. As long as he can be productive and play by the rules, I say we keep him... though, I would LOVE to see shonn greene out there instead :)

Polleo Pit Man
04-01-2009, 12:13 AM
[quote=KansasCityChris;126951]Are you sure that you can't make a professional stance and realize what kind of production this guy can present on the field? In a buissness like the NFL there is no room for personal feelings such as the ones your having right now.

The guy "#27" doesnt want to play for us anyhow so ditch him!:mob:

AussieChiefsFan
04-01-2009, 12:18 AM
Anything that can be said bout LJ has been said here.
All the bad things anyway.......:D

bigpoppachief
04-01-2009, 02:43 AM
Are you sure that you can't make a professional stance and realize what kind of production this guy can present on the field? In a buissness like the NFL there is no room for personal feelings such as the ones your having right now. Of course I do understand as a fan you can simply say cut the butt hole and be completely happy with the result but, when your in a position such as Pioli or Haley and your looking at the make up of a team, the things you need vs the things that would be nice to have makes a result that would say screw the personal feelings we need to win and if we can motivate a guy that in

Started all 16 games at RB … Earned second straight Pro Bowl nod, joining RB Priest Holmes as just the second running back in Chiefs history to earn that distinction in two straight seasons … Received first-team All-Pro honors from AP … Won the 2006 Derrick Thomas Award as the Chiefs MVP, becoming the third straight player to claim the award in consecutive seasons … Produced a team-record 416 carries for 1,789 yards (4.3 avg.) with 17 TDs and 41 catches for 410 yards (10.0 avg.) with two TDs …

Started eight games at RB … Was inactive for seven contests with a right foot injury … Had 158 rushes for 559 yards (3.5 avg.) with three TDs and 30 receptions for 186 yards (6.2 avg.) with a TD .....

This is where the off field issues began and I think alot of it was due to the direction the CP and Herm the Worm were taking the team. They brought in young faster RBs (Jamal Charles)to share time with LJ and then out of nowhere Charles was getting more play time than LJ and my belief is that it had alot to do with the personal feelings that Herm had towards LJ and I wouldn't doubt if Carl The Team Wrecking Crew Petersen may had felt the same way as I read a post on another site during the season that read CP was leaving becasue Clark Hunt was unhappy about LJ not getting play time and that he wanted him to start and be a very big part of the team being a winner and because it didn't happen CP was asked to step down. I wasn't part of this forum then or I would have posted it here but I can totally believe that could happen . Clark wants a winner and so do the fans , either CP and Herm were attempting to get another big draft class this draft by losing a trading LJ and TG away to get them but the bottom line is Clark Hunt stepped up and we have the situation we have now. I think his Father would be proud of what he is doing for the Franchise. We have 7 picks in this draft with #3 over all and the pick up of Scott Pioli and Todd Haley has brought in the FA's that we have aquired. I see a winning situation when you add LJ into the mix but to allow personal feelings sway this would bring potential harm to the proccess we are in right now. That is how I feel about it at this point ;) :D :bananen_smilies046:
Dude I agree plus i got a home and away jersey that are Authentic would eb pissed if LJ is traded LOL Jking But LJ still has it we just got to use him right and he will get pro bowl numbers !

bigpoppachief
04-01-2009, 02:44 AM
If Pioli and Bellichick were able to tame Moss then I don't see why Johnson couldn't be tamed. To be honest, keeping him is better for both parties. He's has more value on the field than the street and I think scott and todd realise this. We can seriously still use him but he needs to be convinced that he is a part of the system and not a one man show which I don't think will be a problem for Pioli. Let's face it guys, nobody here is going to be booing LJ next year if he's tearin' off huge gains on the Broncos and Raiders. As long as he can be productive and play by the rules, I say we keep him... though, I would LOVE to see shonn greene out there instead :)

Dont forget the fizzlers lol

chief31
04-01-2009, 10:06 AM
Everyone is forgetting that when he was at the top of the league he had Preist Holmes lingering in the back of his mind. Wether or not he could keep his starting role on the team and he had to be better than Preist to do that well he did it , got his money then decided that he could skate as he knows there is nobody there to replace him right now. That is why I think we should draft a Moreno or Greene at RB. Give the team some new blood at the RB position and see what happens then. I bet there will be a bunch of defensive players on the other side of the ball from us getting blasted by LJ , he won't have a choice because his only other choice is to get traded then coast at another team until they decide he is a POS allthough I doubt it will happen, I can hope though. I would love to see Shonn Greene at HB for the Chiefs with Jamal Charles as his rotation guy, that would rule totally IMO.

As far as I am concerned, LJ gets numbers to match the quality of blocking he's had.

Gret blockers in '05 = great numbers.

Pretty good blockers in '06 = pretty good numbers.

Terrible blockers in '07 = terrible numbers.

'08 being the one possible exception.

I think the change to the Spread offense kept opponents guessing most of the time.

But he did manage decent numbers with overall poor blocking.

To anyone who thinks we will be keeping him... Have you seen The Arizona Cardinals' rushing of recent history?

They have the worst rushing attack in The NFL. And the fact that they made it to The Super Bowl like that will only convince Haley that that is perfectly acceptable.

I don't think that our management feels like we need LJ. And I know that LJ feels like he doesn't need us.

But obviously, his departure is not done yet. So there is no guarantee that he is out.

Just seems like the writing is on the wall to me.

YZILLA
04-02-2009, 01:17 AM
LJ played damn well last year once they found a way to use him in our new pass to gonzo offense that they came up with for Thiggy . He ran better than the other backs we ran last season. Heres a reply I made on another post just like this on another site . Dont burn me over the coals for it:

YZILLA
04-02-2009, 01:19 AM
Hes got lots of milage left on his tires. He hasnt played a full season for like two years now. I say if hes committed to shutting his mouth and comes to work and trains hard and hits the holes hard then keep him. He is still a great football player and alot of teams would love to have him had he not did the stupid stuff he did off the field. Thats what killed his trade value. So we keep him and after his 4-8 game suspension we will have a fresh set of legs coming into the second half of the season to take some of the slack away from Kolby and Jamal . Some people really hate him now and I understand that , I am not thinking with my heart on this one. Im thinking its best for us if he stays in KC . Now saying that , he has no more second chances , He talks **** or screws up off the field then I say we take the hit and release him. I personally really like the guy and hope he stays and just shuts up and plays. I really wish we all knew exactly what happened in his bar incidents all of this is just hear-say to me. He had alot of people in that bar also saying that he didnt do it as much as the the ones that said he did. Its all stupid **** and hopefully behind him . if he feels like hes wanted here then he will in turn play like he wants to be here. I was at last years minicamp and I think he stayed afterwards until everyone that wanted an autograph got one. long after the other players hit the showers. Dont always be so quick to judge unless you know for a fact what has happened. noone is perfect and a famous guy with alot of money is a huge target for people to try and take down to their level.I wasnt there so Im not gonna convict him. Its only human to hate and be jealous of a guy who seems to have everything and I think some people thrive on trying to make sure they can knock em down a few pegs. In a Bar scene with alcohol flowing anything can happen. Ive seen alot harsher things said about LJ than of Stallworth after he got drunk and ran a guy over and killed him.

Polleo Pit Man
04-02-2009, 02:45 AM
I guess i can say he does have great talent. i am just tired of hearing about players that dont wanna be on the team anymore. i want players that think about the team, and not themselves. i hope lj can overcome his selfishness, and become a chief.... but as of now i am considering him anything but a KC CHIEF! when they hit the field i would love to see him there pounding our opponents, but if he chooses to dis our team anylonger, i have no time for that.

chief31
04-02-2009, 06:51 PM
I tend to believe that LJ was in the wrong in the bar incident.

Considering the huge loss of value that a league suspension carries with it, and all of the other financial backlash that comes with the plea, I can't imagine a player being so quick to plead guilty, if innocent.

However, in doing so, and admitting to wrong doing, he has earned some of my respect back.

Not enough. But some.

I definitely believe that LJ will be a FA before training camp starts.

kcallin
04-02-2009, 08:39 PM
I think he is just putting on a show for now to get more money, he is a cancer and needs to be dealt with accordingly.

chief31
04-02-2009, 08:58 PM
There isn't RB in the history of the game other than 3 guys I can think of that can say they don't need a line and one of those men would prolly smack me for sayin he don't need blockers LOL.
Jim Brown
Walter Payton
Barry Sanders(<---Barry only needed the OLine to get 1 hole for him and he would do the rest)
All other backs would need blocking at all levels to obtain a large number of yards per season.

I think that there are a couple more that could be added to the list. But that's beside the point.

If pretty-much every HB needs top-notch blocking to produce top-notch stats, then what makes LJ special?

I will concede that he does a good job of breaking tackles in the open field.

Beyond that, there really isn't anything that I will grant LJ.

Contrary to widespread belief, I think LJ is a decent reciever out of the backfield. But certainly nothing special.

He has been blatant in his disdane for running to the outside at times. Giving up on the play, long before the play was over. (Back when we still had some blockers here for him, including '05.)

He has a real problem with putting effort into blocking. And that can ruin, or at least hamper, every aspect of your offense that doesn't include LJ getting the ball.

His poor attitude, and disdane for the team is the only thing that has been consistent about LJ for his entire pro career.

And now his off the field activities have cost him, and whatever team he is on in '09, a serious chunk of the season.

That is alot of negatives, to a single positive.

And I think alot of guys who never get in the open field, could do very well at it, just as LJ does.

But, if you don't get into the open field, then that skill is useless.

It is only my opinion, that the negatives far outweigh the positives. But for me, it isn't even close.

chief31
04-02-2009, 09:09 PM
Who do you see on the FA list right now that is better than or just as good as LJ? I can't count the Draft class as they are untested in the speed of the game but there are a couple of guys that I think could take his place , with that said the reason he needs to stay is the ability to replace him now.

I'd be happy with K Smith and J Charles. If you are getting those two guys to the second level, as Roaf, Shields, Waters, Dunn, T-Rich and Weigmann were doing for LJ in '05, I think we would be sitting on a pair of top-notch Pro-Bowlers.

And if they are blocking and putting fourth effort on every play, then 'Look Out!'

chief31
04-02-2009, 09:20 PM
I think Kolby could do it if he can stay healthy but that is his issue. Jamal just can't get the hang of the speed, he didn't show me anything last year honestly. He had the oppertunity to do it as he had just as much if not more playing time than LJ had and he couldn't do anything. WHen LJ got in his playing time he did produce so I will say this again, we don't have anyone to fill the slot if we cut LJ and IMO that is the reason why he will be starting for the Chiefs in the up coming season.(Taking a chance as I think he is worth it on the field , I don't care about off the field)

The off the field issues are the reason that LJ will not be present on the field for some undetermined portion of this season.

Even Barry Sanders, Jim Brown and "Sweetness" would be worthless, if they weren't allowed onto the field.

I don't know how you can not care about off the field, when that is where LJ is going to be for much of this season, where you feel like we are better with him.

If he isn't allowed on the field, then we are actually a better team with absolutely noone at all.

chief31
04-02-2009, 09:36 PM
I think it will be better to have him part or half or however long we do get to have him rather then not having him at all.Your way we don't have him at all the way it is actually going is the way he will benefit the team when he is done with the sentance he is delt. You can't condemn a man for life for making 1 wrong decision. I am sure you have made mistakes Lord knows I have but I got more than 1 chance.He deserves that and at this point I have yet to hear or read anything that states he will sit out part of the year. Do you have a link to a story or something I can see or is this speculation?

A.) I am not condemning him for life. Just for right now. I'm not really even condemning him at all. I just see very little value in him as a player, considering all things.

B.) This is nowhere near to being 1 wrong decision. LJ definitely deserved another chance... after the first few mistakes. And he has had them.

But this has been an on-going situation with LJ for the vast majority of his career.

As far as the punishment for LJ from The NFL, I could link you the past two years worth of league suspensions, that set a clear intolerence for players being involved in off field illegal activities, but I don't want to.

If you have been watching any NFL over the past two seasons, then you are already aware of it.

There is a chance that Roger Goodell will decide that LJ is far too deserving of being treated as the rest of The NFLs players. So there is definitely an assumption there.

But I can't help but feel that LJ, The Chiefs, every other NFL team and almost everyone else who is involved with The NFL, as fans, or otherwise, is going to make that same assumption.

Tell me this. Do you believe that LJ will recieve no suspension? But please, give that a bit of thought before you answer. Because I can't believe that you would actually think that.

chief31
04-02-2009, 10:01 PM
I watch the NFL Network 24/7. I also am online reading about the Chiefs and so forth so yes I do understand the situation that is in front of LJ and the team at this time and as far as I am concerned you are making alot of assumption calls and one thing I learned when one assumes too much, it makes an a$$ outt youand me. I don't think anything major will happen with LJ this season unless he pulls out a pistol and shoots someone as the league is dealing with Plexico Burress and his gun and shooting himself in the leg situation. What LJ did isn't even news on NFL.com nor is it news on the NFL Network or even Chiefs.com. Only place it's news is on the KC Star and in the posted threads of forums like this one. I just don't see the scenerio your laying out and feel that your wishing for it to happen more than knowing it will but, that is just my opinion.

ESPN?

Sources: Johnson faces potential suspension after latest incident - NFL - ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3652459&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines)

NBC?

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/sports/story/Larry-Johnson-Charged-in-Club-Blonde-Incident/gfZsVwo5NE2EpVlKyn0qBg.cspx

WGN?

Chiefs RB Larry Johnson charged with simple assault in February incident (http://www.wgntv.com/landing_sports/?Chiefs-RB-Larry-Johnson-charged-with-sim=1&blockID=98793&feedID=47)

FOX?

Chiefs RB Larry Johnson charged with simple assault in February incident (http://www.fox61.com/pages/landing/?Chiefs-RB-Larry-Johnson-charged-with-sim=1&blockID=98793&feedID=47)

CBS?

http://cbs2chicago.com/sports/Larry.Johnson.assault.2.849882.html

Wiki (For what it's worth :))

Larry C. Johnson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_C._Johnson)

USA Today?

Chiefs: Larry Johnson under review for alleged altercation with woman - USATODAY.com (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/chiefs/2008-10-19-johnson-investigation_N.htm?csp=34)

NFL.com?

Chiefs' Johnson charged for simple assault (http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80c00493&template=without-video&confirm=true)

Are there bigger stories? Sure. But this is still being covered by everymajor sports news outlet.

I don't hate LJ. I don't exactly like him. But I don't root against him at all.

The fact is that I think he is bad for this team. And that it is very likely that there is a suspension in his immediate future.

I, and probably all NFL analysts, will be quite surprised if he doesn't get suspended.

KristofLaw
04-02-2009, 10:12 PM
Whatever the legal formalities... releasing Lawrence would be a top notch mistake. The cap hit doesn't matter in any form unless they have a potential high priced running back coming in.

The key point I have seen from Mr Pioli so far is value. So where is the value in just dumping veteran depth, his personal problems not with-standing?!?!?!?

chief31
04-02-2009, 10:21 PM
Whatever the legal formalities... releasing Lawrence would be a top notch mistake. The cap hit doesn't matter in any form unless they have a potential high priced running back coming in.

The key point I have seen from Mr Pioli so far is value. So where is the value in just dumping veteran depth, his personal problems not with-standing?!?!?!?

The value is improved by not over-paying an under-performing HB. Especially if you plan to run a pass-heavy offense, with a HB who refuses to block.

What exactly is the purpose for having a high-priced HB?

It seems that every year there are a couple of low-priced top notch HBs.

What's wrong with them?

I certainly prefer them over the several high-priced flop HBs that I see each season.

spiman
04-02-2009, 10:25 PM
Eat his Kids..

McLovin
04-02-2009, 10:26 PM
Those that know my posts I used to stick up for LJ on a regular basis, thought he was a great running back and was the star we needed to keep this team at the top of the heap, now I am ready for Pioli and Haley to take out the trash and I believe that is LJ.

If he stays I would hope that part of the problem was Hermie couldn't motivate him but, even then he shouldn't have needed a coach motivate him he should have been able to have some self motivation and if nothing else 40 million should be motivation alone.

Being a big ten fan and a Hawkeye fan I would also like to see Greene in a Chiefs Uniform, he seems to be a bruising runner and can run even when others expect him to (although that was in college.) Although the biggest thing it seems he has the LJ obviously doesn't is class.

Sign me up on the trade or release LJ list.

chief31
04-02-2009, 10:27 PM
Those that know my posts I used to stick up for LJ on a regular basis, thought he was a great running back and was the star we needed to keep this team at the top of the heap, now I am ready for Pioli and Haley to take out the trash and I believe that is LJ.

If he stays I would hope that part of the problem was Hermie couldn't motivate him but, even then he shouldn't have needed a coach motivate him he should have been able to have some self motivation and if nothing else 40 million should be motivation alone.

Being a big ten fan and a Hawkeye fan I would also like to see Greene in a Chiefs Uniform, he seems to be a bruising runner and can run even when others expect him to (although that was in college.) Although the biggest thing it seems he has the LJ obviously doesn't is class.

Sign me up on the trade or release LJ list.

MCLOVIN!!!!

Where the (Expletive) Have you been hiding out at?:D

McLovin
04-02-2009, 10:33 PM
MCLOVIN!!!!

Where the (Expletive) Have you been hiding out at?:D

Been working a ton, went to Boston (6 miles from Patriot Place) for 3 months training and been working 55 hours a week since. Good to be back even if it isn't for very long at a time. Good seein ya.

chief31
04-02-2009, 10:38 PM
Been working a ton, went to Boston (6 miles from Patriot Place) for 3 months training and been working 55 hours a week since. Good to be back even if it isn't for very long at a time. Good seein ya.

Well, with all of the lay-offs going on. I wish ya all the best in keeping at work.

fairladyZ
04-02-2009, 10:43 PM
all those sources posted are from october of 2008.
since then johnson was benched 3 games and suspended one.
aslong as lj plays by teh rules and keeps his nose clean. which he has since his suspension. i don't forsee him getting suspended any games in teh 09 season

chief31
04-02-2009, 10:47 PM
There is no such thing as a low priced top notched anything in the NFL, no matter what the position is especially a high profile position such as RB. As soon as the back has a break out year followed by another the money talk begins so again, if we cut LJ loose there will be another so why cut a guy loose simply because of your personal feelings? There is no room for making roster decisions based on personal feelings. I want Pioli to keep LJ and I am confident that he will do what he can to achieve that but if they can't mend the fence I doubt LJ is going to find much better out in the rest of the world . Here is to hoping LJ STAYS WITH THE CHIEFS!!!!!!!

LJ used to be a cheap top-notch HB. Now he is an expensive mediocre HB.

I just prefer to have a cheap mediocre HB, if all's the same.

And if we get a cheap top-notch HB, then AWESOME!!! That's always better than an expensive top-notch HB.

Then, when contract time rolls around, we go with another cheap HB, instead of the soon-to-be expensive one that we had for the past two seasons.

HBs get paid based upon what they have done in the recent past.

And, as far as I am concerned, HBs are little more than a reflection of the blocking in front of them.

So why pay the HB for what his blockers are accomplishing?

If LJ comes cheap, then I can support keeping him. But I just can't see him making that choice.

chief31
04-02-2009, 11:10 PM
all those sources posted are from october of 2008.
since then johnson was benched 3 games and suspended one.
aslong as lj plays by teh rules and keeps his nose clean. which he has since his suspension. i don't forsee him getting suspended any games in teh 09 season

Ah. So they were.

Lemmee dig a bit deeper then. There were only 1,550,000 search results.

ESPN APRIL 2nd...

NFLPA presents case backing Plaxico Burress, Larry Johnson - ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4036685)

Yahoo.com

March 28th...

Larry Johnson - Kansas City Chiefs - News - NFL - Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6363/news)

CBS Sports April 2nd

NFLPA presents case backing WR Burress, RB Johnson - NFL - CBSSports.com Football (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/11582829)

NFL.com April 2nd

NFLPA argues grievances for Giants WR Burress, Chiefs RB Johnson (http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80f920c5&template=without-video&confirm=true)

I shouldn't have had to show you any of this in the first place.

Because you watch every day, and know what is going on.

But you decided to say that this subject isn't news. When it obviously is.

In fact, he is getting lumped in with Plaxico now. (A bit harsh, but that's the news for ya.)

chief31
04-02-2009, 11:14 PM
Now you know him personally enough to know what he is thinking? LMMFASTFO!!!!!! Dude your guess is as bad as your lies LMAO!!!!!!:yahoo::sign0098::sign0153:

Well, the guess is based on his acts over the course of his career.

You seem to be guessing that he will be ok with taking a paycut to stay in KC? Since you think that the opposing viewpoint is ridiculous?

And I didn't lie. You know that this story is news. See the post above.

chief31
04-02-2009, 11:39 PM
(chief31 (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/member.php?u=194)
Sith Master)
The ways of the Sith are lies and deceipt. Trickory and hate, fear these are the ways of the Sith. Your faith in the dark side is weak and hopeless. Give in to your passion and release your hate, come back to the light side it is not to late for you I can feel the good in you, the dark side has not driven it from you fully , not yet.

Young Padawan....

One does not become a master without complete devotion.

AussieChiefsFan
04-03-2009, 03:15 AM
......chief31--->:laser::36:<---KCChris
:lol:

Canada
04-03-2009, 08:37 AM
YouTube - Star Wars Nerd 1

Get back on topic!!

CHIEFS_FN_ROCK
04-03-2009, 11:43 PM
Luke you are the baby daddy......OH SH*T wrong show that's maury povich.:smilies_xxx07:

chief31
04-04-2009, 02:05 AM
There is no such thing as a low priced top notched anything in the NFL, no matter what the position is especially a high profile position such as RB.

Larry Johnson '05 salary = $678,000 (1750 Yds, 20 TDs)

Larry Johson '07 salary = $13,300,000 (559 Yds, 3 TDs)

Salary source USA Today...http://content.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/salaries/playerdetail.aspx?lname=johnson&player=2965

Stat source Yahoo Sports...Larry Johnson - Kansas City Chiefs - Career Statistics - NFL - Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6363/career;_ylt=AhjOKdw8My9OIP..c2DYKbasOot4)

I watch the NFL Network 24/7. I also am online reading about the Chiefs and so forth so yes I do understand the situation that is in front of LJ and the team at this time

What LJ did isn't even news on NFL.com nor is it news on the NFL Network or even Chiefs.com. Only place it's news is on the KC Star and in the posted threads of forums like this one.

Unfortunately your feeble attempts at deception are easily visible to the trained eye.

LJ isn't news to NFL.com?

NFLPA argues grievances for Giants WR Burress, Chiefs RB Johnson (http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80f920c5&template=without-video&confirm=true)

But you watch NFL Network 24/7 and didn't know about it?

Allow me to continue...

The Chiefs have not filed any type of action against LJ nor has the league as far as I know.

Are you not paying as close attention as you said?

Sorry, but a master, or even a decent student, would, at least, pose some sort of a challenge.

This is mere childs play.

Go to Chiefster, perhaps he will be willing to help you along. There is no room for you with the Sith.

Chiefster
04-04-2009, 02:15 AM
...Go to Chiefster, perhaps he will be willing to help you along. There is no room for you with the Sith.

Chiefster in his extreme old age has passed into the force; his light has gone out in the universe. :rolleyes:

tornadospotter
04-04-2009, 03:05 AM
Chiefster in his extreme old age has passed into the force; his light has gone out in the universe. :rolleyes:
Yeah, right,,,,,,,,, You just chose to be invisible.

Polleo Pit Man
04-04-2009, 05:37 AM
I think that there are a couple more that could be added to the list. But that's beside the point.

If pretty-much every HB needs top-notch blocking to produce top-notch stats, then what makes LJ special?

I will concede that he does a good job of breaking tackles in the open field.

Beyond that, there really isn't anything that I will grant LJ.

Contrary to widespread belief, I think LJ is a decent reciever out of the backfield. But certainly nothing special.

He has been blatant in his disdane for running to the outside at times. Giving up on the play, long before the play was over. (Back when we still had some blockers here for him, including '05.)

He has a real problem with putting effort into blocking. And that can ruin, or at least hamper, every aspect of your offense that doesn't include LJ getting the ball.

His poor attitude, and disdane for the team is the only thing that has been consistent about LJ for his entire pro career.

And now his off the field activities have cost him, and whatever team he is on in '09, a serious chunk of the season.

That is alot of negatives, to a single positive.

And I think alot of guys who never get in the open field, could do very well at it, just as LJ does.

But, if you don't get into the open field, then that skill is useless.

It is only my opinion, that the negatives far outweigh the positives. But for me, it isn't even close.

I agree with all of this!!!:sign0098:

Sn@keIze
04-04-2009, 06:35 AM
If LJ gets to play all season then I say we keep him.

This a time to play the "what if" game.

What if LJ does produce another 1700+ or heck even 1500+ yd season.

We have a RB capable of doing that. And its not Jamaal or any other RB we have on this squad. Its LJ.

But LJs got to want to do that. Im willing to believe that he does want to be that runner that he was pre-contract, with the draft and the O-line modifications thus far.

Why am I willing to believe that? Because there is no team willing to pick up his contract. He is going to no team unless released and the Chiefs eat it. the value is for us to milk him and get what we can out of what we paid.

The only stipulation is, as Chief31 brought out earlier, Todd Haley and the Cards track record of hardcore downhill running isnt good. But Haley also indicated that they wont be running a spread offense.

Polleo Pit Man
04-04-2009, 07:03 AM
i was just looking at all the lj footage from years before and even last year. i do love his style! hit you in the mouth type stuff. my daughter, now almost 8, remembers me as having LJ" Larry Johnson" as everyother word out my mouth back in the day. I remember her drawing a picture of basically stick figures and such. they were playing football and one of them had # 27 on them and i was next to him along with her. she said...."thats Larry Johnson". thats why i feel ill towards his stuff. i told my baby he was "my man" and he kinda let me down. i miss seeeing him kick butt and i hope if we keep him he grows up to teach young kids to be all they can and not what you can get away with if you have money! i

Canada
04-04-2009, 11:46 AM
Can we re name this thread Star Wars VII - revenge of the Nerds?

Sn@keIze
04-04-2009, 02:59 PM
no kidding. bunch of dorks!:D

tornadospotter
04-04-2009, 05:26 PM

no kidding. bunch of dorks!:D
Hey dang it I might or might not resemble those remarks, So I will focus and curb your thoughts thru the force!

our buy you a beer.:bananen_smilies046: :D

AussieChiefsFan
04-04-2009, 05:31 PM
Ask Coach. he might do it.:lol: :bananen_smilies046:

Wski Girl
04-04-2009, 05:58 PM
................. oh, sorry any mention of star wars related stuff instantly makes me fall asleep... its so wierd...

AussieChiefsFan
04-04-2009, 06:28 PM
................. oh, sorry any mention of star wars related stuff instantly makes me fall asleep... its so wierd...:lol:

tornadospotter
04-04-2009, 06:34 PM
................. oh, sorry any mention of star wars related stuff instantly makes me fall asleep... its so wierd...
Yes, you are some what star wars impaired, sorry I did not teach you better. But you are now getting very sleepy.:D

okikcfan
04-05-2009, 12:28 AM

LOL, My wife has the same problem with The Godfather.

AussieChiefsFan
04-05-2009, 01:01 AM
:funnypost:

Wski Girl
04-05-2009, 05:37 PM
I actually like The Godfather need to watch parts two and three yet though

Canada
04-05-2009, 06:08 PM
I actually like The Godfather need to watch parts two and three yet though

There is no need to watch part 3

prough91
04-06-2009, 12:06 PM
There is no need to watch part 3

Agreed. Watching Godfather 3 is almost akin to watching the Chiefs blow a big lead.

ctchiefsfan
04-06-2009, 02:19 PM
LJ's off field antics have annoyed me as much as anyone. But I also hate the idea of throwing away someone who has showed as much talent as he has. I hope management will have a serious talk with the guy and try to determine if he is serious about wanting to prove that he deserves another chance. If management thinks he does, then give him 1 season to show it. If he seems to still feel that everyone should be kissing his a$$, then release him and move on.

tornadospotter
04-06-2009, 02:27 PM
LJ's off field antics have annoyed me as much as anyone. But I also hate the idea of throwing away someone who has showed as much talent as he has. I hope management will have a serious talk with the guy and try to determine if he is serious about wanting to prove that he deserves another chance. If management thinks he does, then give him 1 season to show it. If he seems to still feel that everyone should be kissing his a$$, then release him and move on.
I agree! Have you seen our introduce yourself to the Crowd forum? :D Just asking.

pbatrucker
04-06-2009, 02:35 PM
ESPN has reported, the grand master ruled in the Chiefs favor. The Chiefs owe LJ nothing.
:bananen_smilies046: :bananen_smilies046: :yahoo: :yahoo:

ctchiefsfan
04-06-2009, 04:01 PM
The next 24 hours should tell whether LJ is:

1) Gone
2) Trade bait-perhaps packaged with a draft pick to improve our 3rd round pick.
3) Going to get a chance to plead his case for another chance to prove his worth.

Should be interesting

Big Daddy Tek
04-07-2009, 02:30 AM
All of the "he didnt try," " he stopped running hard" crap is a joke. He hasnt had anybody to run behind or the the threat of a passing game for years. LJ is the man and whatever team he plays for next year will find that out!!

Ldub
04-07-2009, 07:08 AM
All of the "he didnt try," " he stopped running hard" crap is a joke. He hasnt had anybody to run behind or the the threat of a passing game for years. LJ is the man and whatever team he plays for next year will find that out!!

If Larry is our running back next year of coarse i hope he is seccessful, but I just dont see it. There comes a point when you have to cut your losses though and cut out the cancer before it effects the body. This has never been a team sport for LJ, hes selfish, selfcentered, and usless when the ball is not in his hands. If he would throw out a block on a pass play, or at least pretent to catch a pass out of the back feild when the qb is under pressure i might have diffrent feelings. The off the field issues are just the icing on the cake. He needs to improve his game and show hes worth that monster contract. I will take alot to get me back on the Johnson bandwagon again... but not impossable.

AussieChiefsFan
04-07-2009, 07:33 AM
If Larry is our running back next year of coarse i hope he is seccessful, but I just dont see it. There comes a point when you have to cut your losses though and cut out the cancer before it effects the body. This has never been a team sport for LJ, hes selfish, selfcentered, and usless when the ball is not in his hands. If he would throw out a block on a pass play, or at least pretent to catch a pass out of the back feild when the qb is under pressure i might have diffrent feelings. The off the field issues are just the icing on the cake. He needs to improve his game and show hes worth that monster contract. I will take alot to get me back on the Johnson bandwagon again... but not impossable.Not impossible. What would it ACTAULLY take for you to be on LJ's side again?

Canada
04-07-2009, 07:57 AM

So he shouldn't have to try because he had a crappy O line? Seems odd but OK, as far as LJ being "the man" somewhere else, he is gonna be in his 30s when we are done with him. (assuming he is still here for the '09 season) The chances of him being successful as the main RB on any team in his 30s are pretty damn slim. But I guess since LJ can do no wrong in your eyes then he will be just fine!! :bananen_smilies046:

But please don't preach about how hard LJ tried. I can run two yards and fall down, and I will do it for half the price.

ctchiefsfan
04-07-2009, 09:28 AM
I used to think that way, but 2007 was a long time ago. I would like to see some current production. I know he used to be able to do it, but he needs to prove that he still can.

More important I think is that he needs to prove he WANTS to.

warcrychief
04-07-2009, 04:32 PM
More important I think is that he needs to prove he WANTS to.

Chiefs | L. Johnson wants to stay

Adam Teicher (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/link/143), of The Kansas City Star (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/link/142), reports Kansas City Chiefs (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/team/21/nfl) RB Larry Johnson (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/player/5896/nfl) wants to continue playing for the team, according to his agent, Peter Schaffer. The Chiefs (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/team/21/nfl) won a grievance against Johnson when a special master ruled Monday, April 6, that $3.75 million of his salary in 2009 and 2010 was no longer guaranteed. The ruling stated that Johnson forfeited his right to the guaranteed money when he was suspended for a game for violating the NFL (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/team/77/nfl)'s personal conduct policy. "He's excited about the direction the team is going in," Schaffer said. "What happened today has no bearing on Larry's desire to play for the Chiefs. Larry Johnson (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/player/5896/nfl)'s entire focus is to prepare for the 2009 season. He's a member of the Kansas City Chiefs (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/team/21/nfl) and wants to help them win a Super Bowl. He didn't even attend the hearing last week. He was actually at the Chiefs' practice facility when it was going on. He didn't even ask about it."

www.kffl.com (http://www.kffl.com)

fairladyZ
04-07-2009, 04:46 PM
very good LJ.
I'm going to be a super super un-happy chief fan if LJ is not on the team for the 09 season.
SUPER un-happy.

He's got a good attitude, he hasn't gotten in trouble or even hinted at getting in trouble. seems he is working hard and wants to genuinely turn his life around.

ctchiefsfan
04-07-2009, 04:51 PM
warcry....thanks for the post. I'm not part of the lynchmob-just sceptical. If he'll show he is serious about wanting to contribute then I want him HERE-sure as he!! not running against our defense.

Canada
04-07-2009, 05:47 PM
First he gets a $45 million payday and his production drops, now that he is gonna lose some money he wants to play. Wierd.

ctchiefsfan
04-07-2009, 08:23 PM
Makes you wonder what we could get from him on the field if we could cut his pay in half

prough91
04-08-2009, 12:37 PM
So he shouldn't have to try because he had a crappy O line? Seems odd but OK, as far as LJ being "the man" somewhere else, he is gonna be in his 30s when we are done with him. (assuming he is still here for the '09 season) The chances of him being successful as the main RB on any team in his 30s are pretty damn slim. But I guess since LJ can do no wrong in your eyes then he will be just fine!! :bananen_smilies046:

But please don't preach about how hard LJ tried. I can run two yards and fall down, and I will do it for half the price.

Without spilling his beer.

Bike
04-08-2009, 08:40 PM
First he gets a $45 million payday and his production drops, now that he is gonna lose some money he wants to play. Wierd.
:bananen_smilies046: :bananen_smilies046: He is out of options at this point. He knows he's cooked. He will have to become the worlds greatest salesman to earn a paycheck from this point on...and btw not too many buyers for women beaters, bad rappers, and has-been RB's.

Polleo Pit Man
04-08-2009, 11:13 PM
Well I hope he is going to have his things togather and finally be a team player. I dont think he will last long if he doesnt.

Canada
04-08-2009, 11:33 PM
Long time no see man!! How ya been?

Polleo Pit Man
04-09-2009, 03:35 AM
i am pretty good. how bout yourself? wish i hadda beer rite about now eh!

ctchiefsfan
04-10-2009, 08:12 AM
That pretty much sums it up.

Canada
04-10-2009, 08:15 AM
LJ has been noted by NFL Network as saying he is excited about the moves made by the Chiefs this offseason to help[ the teams chances of winning. It still remains to be seen if he will continue this attitude into and through the season but if he does I HOPE HE works his a$$ off and contribute in the way the team needs he can make things nice to be a Chief and horrible for all oppossing defenses.

TO said he is gonna be a team player too!!

I will believe it when I see it!! (I hope it happens though!!):bananen_smilies046:

Canada
04-10-2009, 08:27 AM
This thread is about a shart!!

Guiness and Shreddies make me shart!!:inwc:

ctchiefsfan
04-10-2009, 08:42 AM
Canada....Take your hand off my beer. Besides, you like Guiness, I prefer Bass.

Canada
04-10-2009, 08:43 AM
Canada....Take your hand off my beer. Besides, you like Guiness, I prefer Bass.

Are you sure thats one is yours? I could swear I just opened it!! :D

Canada
04-10-2009, 09:09 AM
I did!!http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2009/04/19.jpg

tornadospotter
04-10-2009, 09:10 AM
It would take longer to write thier names than to drink the beer.

ctchiefsfan
04-10-2009, 09:16 AM
Tornadospotter got it right.

prough91
04-10-2009, 11:05 AM
It would take longer to write thier names than to drink the beer.

Canada would just set up 6 and write one letter on each one.

ctchiefsfan
04-10-2009, 11:08 AM
Does that mean that with my name I get to take a 12 pack and drink 1 while I'm writing 1 letter on each of the other 11?