PDA

View Full Version : BJ Raji Fails Drug Test

yashi
04-02-2009, 04:23 PM
I'm done with this guy now. Failing the most important drug test of your life is enough for me to jump off the bandwagon. Ron Brace in the 3rd or Sammie Lee Hill in the 4th for NT. Maybe this makes the draft choice a little easier, Curry, Monroe, or Smith.

2009 NFL Draft prospect*B.J. Raji tested positive at*NFL Combine - NFL - SI.com (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/nfl/04/02/raji/index.html?eref=si_nfl)

Defensive tackle B.J. Raji, whose draft stock has soared over the past six months, had a positive drug test at February's combine, NFL team sources have told SI.com. It's unknown to SI.com which drug triggered the positive result, but NFL scouts were made aware before the 2008 season that Raji had tested positive for marijuana during his time at Boston College.

Ldub
04-02-2009, 04:33 PM
Agreed. Hes a dumbass, end of story.

Canada
04-02-2009, 05:08 PM
I hope its for weed!!

N TX Dave
04-02-2009, 05:43 PM
I hope its for weed!!

I don't care what it is for, hello HE KNEW IT WAS COMING not too smart if you ask me!
:owws: :sign0094: :sign0161: :wtfdude:

fairladyZ
04-02-2009, 06:00 PM
i been sayin it from day one. I don't like the kid and don't like his attitude.

I'm glad this happened now he is off the board! We didn't need/want him anyways!

jtandcrew
04-02-2009, 07:31 PM
I hope its for weed!!

If you didnt have a damned bald head i would call you a lettuce smoking hippy! :lol: :bananen_smilies046: Cheers to you though buddy! You will get along great with my wife! :lol:

Diesel
04-02-2009, 08:26 PM
I'm done with this guy now. Failing the most important drug test of your life is enough for me to jump off the bandwagon. Ron Brace in the 3rd or Sammie Lee Hill in the 4th for NT. Maybe this makes the draft choice a little easier, Curry, Monroe, or Smith.

2009 NFL Draft prospect*B.J. Raji tested positive at*NFL Combine - NFL - SI.com (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/nfl/04/02/raji/index.html?eref=si_nfl)

Thank GOD! Now I KNOW we won't take him even if we did trade down! I've never been high on the guy. In this draft I would rather take a late round talent like Hill over Raji. The guy I really wanted didn't come out...Terrence Cody of Bama 6'5 365! Would love to get that kid next year for the NT!

Ryla02
04-03-2009, 03:28 AM
What a Dumb @$$

AussieChiefsFan
04-03-2009, 04:25 AM
i been sayin it from day one. I don't like the kid and don't like his attitude.

I'm glad this happened now he is off the board! We didn't need/want him anyways!Agreed, Aaron Curry is who we should be aiming at IMO.:bananen_smilies046:

bigpoppachief
04-03-2009, 08:14 AM
I've neevr really liked the guy and you can see that from other forums and now he just cements that dislike. I seriously doubt we are going to take the risk on a guy who failed one of the most important test of his life. I mean the kid had to know it was coming and still had to "get a little high with his friends" C Ya thank god your dumb butt wont be a chief

dbolan
04-03-2009, 09:03 AM
This is not gonna make Jlamerson very happy! LMAO!

dbolan
04-03-2009, 09:06 AM
The reason his test was posotive is simple, if he was tested in Sept 2008 during his Senior Season at BC then it takes 30 days from the day you stop smoking if you have 5% fat on your body for your Usine to be totally clean. He has alot of fat on his body and the THC stores in the fat cells of the body which means it can take a person anywhere from 30 days up to 6 or even 8 months for the drug to be totally out of the body. I know this as I quit smoking 3 years ago and it took me 7 months for my body to be purged of the THC completely so he could still be experiencing the same thing I did . The thing to do is take a chance and if he is still dirty at camp tell him if he isn't clean by the start of Pre-Season he is suspended until he is clean period. That is if there is a team that thinks he is worth the risk. I never have thought much about him now or before this was reported as news.

I call BS on this. If he wanted the THC out, he has had plenty of time and resources to get it out. He has been smoking weed since the CF season was over and he got busted.

Why chance it with him now? I don't think the KC staff will risk it.

pbatrucker
04-03-2009, 09:14 AM
I believe it was arrowhwad pride, friday morning report, that reported that Cushing and Mathews tested poitive for steroids and Rahji and one other tested positive for weed. They are all real stupid.
:11:

Canada
04-03-2009, 10:14 AM
Who cares if he smoked weed? that is such a joke...performance enhancing pot!!

dbolan
04-03-2009, 10:31 AM
Who cares if he smoked weed? that is such a joke...performance enhancing pot!!

Canada,

I think that pot should not be noted as a PED as far as "increased" performance. However, I do think it could "hamper" performance for a few evident reasons.

Anyways, it would not bother me if weed was not on the list but since it is an illegal substance and he knew it, then the stupidity is all his, right?

Cheers!

yashi
04-03-2009, 10:58 AM
Canada,

I think that pot should not be noted as a PED as far as "increased" performance. However, I do think it could "hamper" performance for a few evident reasons.

Anyways, it would not bother me if weed was not on the list but since it is an illegal substance and he knew it, then the stupidity is all his, right?

Cheers!

my feelings exactly.

prough91
04-03-2009, 11:14 AM
What? When did they make pot illegal?

bigpoppachief
04-03-2009, 11:19 AM

LOL nice

okikcfan
04-03-2009, 11:29 AM
Ah, another perfect fit for Al Davis and his Raiders!

theaxeeffect4311
04-03-2009, 11:34 AM
One of the things Pioli said about the players he wants on his team is they have to be smart players on and off the field. Failing a drug test that you know is coming makes you look really stupid or you have addictions. I'll never understand why potential first round players who will be earning millions of dollars playing a game for a living would hurt those chances by doing something so stupid as using an illegal substance when they know that they will be taking a drug test at the Combine. Raji looks dumb, but I wonder how this affects Matthews and Cushing as far as where they'll go in the draft.

Oh, and this is great so people can stop saying that Raji will go to the Chiefs at third overall.

yashi
04-03-2009, 11:47 AM
My dream draft:

1. Aaron Curry (LB)
3. Phil Loadholt (RT)
4. Rashad Jennings (RB)
5. Sammie Lee Hill (NT)
6. Phillip Hunt (3-4 Pass Rushing OLB)
7. Ra'shon Harris/Demonte Boldin (3-4 DE)
7. Best OL Available

Canada
04-03-2009, 04:35 PM
Canada,

Cheers!

I agree that it is his stupidity 100%. I just find it funny that it is on the banned list. I do think it could hamper performance but Raji managed to thrive in spite of it!! But like you said, he knew it was illegal and still failed so he is the idiot!!

They didn't...in Canada!! Woo Hoo!! :yahoo:

AussieChiefsFan
04-03-2009, 05:35 PM

:tongue:

chief31
04-03-2009, 08:25 PM
I agree that it is his stupidity 100%. I just find it funny that it is on the banned list. I do think it could hamper performance but Raji managed to thrive in spite of it!! But like you said, he knew it was illegal and still failed so he is the idiot!!

Has Raji ever been to Canada? :D

Coach
04-05-2009, 09:18 AM
Hopefully Raji is punished by teams not taking him until early in the 3rd round of the draft.

Vandelay
04-05-2009, 12:14 PM
Hopefully Raji is punished by teams not taking him until early in the 3rd round of the draft.
That would be nice, but IMO he will go late first, early second, but who knows.