PDA

View Full Version : Thread starters......

jtandcrew
04-02-2009, 08:27 PM
I know everyone would love to be the Chief Crowd member to post breaking news! I understand that and I feel your need for it. Saying that, I know Coach does a damned good job of keeping us posted on whats latest and breaking news, whether it be from kcchiefs.com, yahoo etc. Can we all please control ourselves? If coach is to busy, then maybe we can choose 1 or 2 more people to help him out. This way we would cut down on everyone posting multiple threads about the same thing. Just my opinion. :beer: :bananen_smilies046:

jtandcrew
04-02-2009, 08:36 PM
So I can understand what your saying, you would like to designate 1 or 2 guys that post the new news of the Chiefs and nobody else will be allowed to do it?
What I am saying is that its irratible that when I log on there is multiple posts about the same news story. We are all not in a race to see who has more posts as to having good conversations about what is going on with our Chiefs and the NFL or whatever else we want to talk about. If we get 1 thread about a storythen everyone can talk about it without posting the same thing multiple times saying the same thing. Sorry if i am not making myself clear.:bananen_smilies046:

chiefsfreak4life
04-02-2009, 11:53 PM
designating 1 or 2 persons doesn't work, IMO, but what would be good if everyone would look thru the new post to see if the "news" they want to post really is "news" and has not been posted yet.

chiefsfreak4life
04-03-2009, 12:00 AM
So then we agree then, I just said that too :D
:bananen_smilies046::yahoo::drunkhb:

LOL, but we said it a little different!!:toast2:

Chiefster
04-03-2009, 12:17 AM
designating 1 or 2 persons doesn't work, IMO, but what would be good if everyone would look thru the new post to see if the "news" they want to post really is "news" and has not been posted yet.

DING DING DING DING DING DING!!!!!!!!

We gotta a winner Johnny! :bananen_smilies046: :sign0098:

REP!

SDChief09
04-03-2009, 12:27 AM
when kc traded for cassel, I didnt care if there were 15 threads, I would read them all, happy to read opinions, I dont see the big deal...

Chiefster
04-03-2009, 12:31 AM
when kc traded for cassel, I didnt care if there were 15 threads, I would read them all, happy to read opinions, I dont see the big deal...

The big deal is wading through 900 threads about the exact same thing, but you're free to post in all of them if you like. :bananen_smilies046:

AussieChiefsFan
04-03-2009, 01:52 AM
I know everyone would love to be the Chief Crowd member to post breaking news! I understand that and I feel your need for it. Saying that, I know Coach does a damned good job of keeping us posted on whats latest and breaking news, whether it be from kcchiefs.com, yahoo etc. Can we all please control ourselves? If coach is to busy, then maybe we can choose 1 or 2 more people to help him out. This way we would cut down on everyone posting multiple threads about the same thing. Just my opinion. :beer: :bananen_smilies046:I say when the first thread of the kind is posted it should be the ONLY thread posted.

jtandcrew
04-03-2009, 02:52 AM
All I had was a suggestion. Maybe I shoulda put it in ideas. Some of you are getting what i am saying but others are not. I was not putting down the people who post news before/after coach. Im just tired of responding, when i want to, to multiple threads saying the same thing. We are all fired up about the Chiefs but we just dont need to read 5 (just a number i pulled outta my head) diffrent threads about cassel (name i pulled outta my head) or Gonzales (another name) or Johnson.....etc....Hope you get my point!:bananen_smilies046:

okikcfan
04-03-2009, 04:04 AM
All I had was a suggestion. Maybe I shoulda put it in ideas. Some of you are getting what i am saying but others are not. I was not putting down the people who post news before/after coach. Im just tired of responding, when i want to, to multiple threads saying the same thing. We are all fired up about the Chiefs but we just dont need to read 5 (just a number i pulled outta my head) diffrent threads about cassel (name i pulled outta my head) or Gonzales (another name) or Johnson.....etc....Hope you get my point!:bananen_smilies046:
Some of us don't intend to make a second thread about something (Cassell) but we just kinda overlook a thread and don't see it, (Me, once, I think, Ok, maybe twice) So if I have caused anyone harm, Please, Can you find it in you heart to forgive me? Please. Ah, just kidding, I'll try to be more thoughful and more careful and understanding and so on...Happy Threading!!!:yahoo:

Canada
04-03-2009, 09:45 AM
Maybe if the mods would merge the threads like they are supposed to then it would not be a problem!!:D

chiefnut
04-03-2009, 11:54 AM
the point everyone is making is just that when you log on there are 250 to 300 un read posts, sometimes 2 screens worth of threads to go thru. some days half of them are duplicates, trips, quads. before you post a "new" news thread try and scan thru them and open the ones on the same subject to see if the "new news" has already been posted. then add your insight onto that one. that would cut down on the # of like threads.

prough91
04-03-2009, 12:18 PM
Maybe if the mods would merge the threads like they are supposed to then it would not be a problem!!:D

Aren't you a mod?

okikcfan
04-03-2009, 12:26 PM
Ok, well. HEY, HOW ABOUT THOSE CHIEFS?:lol: :bananen_smilies046: :yahoo: :sign0153:

AussieChiefsFan
04-03-2009, 05:32 PM

Aren't you a mod?
Actually, yeah. Aren'y ou a mod Canda?

Canada
04-03-2009, 05:38 PM
Aren't you a mod?

Nope!!

Actually, yeah. Aren'y ou a mod Canada?
Nope!!

tornadospotter
04-03-2009, 09:21 PM
Canada, is never modest!

AussieChiefsFan
04-03-2009, 09:48 PM
Canada, is never modest!
Imagine.........

chief31
04-03-2009, 09:50 PM

I tend to agree with this, for the most part.

Another aspect that gets overlooked is that some threads tend to get dominated by a particular discussion, within the thread.

Throwing in seperate thoughts during those kind of discussions has a tendancy to get you overlooked.

As DH and I, for example, may take a discussion to an entirely different direction, it can seem pointless to throw a seperate thought into that disussion.

Forgive me Chiefster, but I don't think that having multiple threads covering the same story is a bad thing.

Because most of the time, if more than one of those threads is getting replies, then there is more than one discussion going on between them.

Also, it can be uncomfortable for some to post in the middle of a heated, ongoing, discussion like we get sometimes.

I often avoid interupting heated debates between others. (Not very often. :D )

Can it be a pain to thumb through multiple threads on the same topic? Sure it can.

But I think it is a minor inconvenience, when compared to the convenience of allowing people to have their own discussion, over being forced to compete for attention in a single thread.

tornadospotter
04-03-2009, 10:15 PM
I will start as many threads as I want, do not like it, to bad!!!!!!!!
However I do try to not start new threads on the same subject, unless I want to.:11: :beer:

Coach
04-04-2009, 10:34 AM
You are making yourself clear, but keep in mind like you had the right to create this thread, the rest of us have the right to create the threads we wish to . You also need to remember your right to not read or participate in all of the multiple threads. I think that your point is sort of out of focus and what you may be meaning to say is the new members that aren't used to how things are done here need to read through the threads and make sure that the news they wish to post isn't already posted and if it is the more prudent thing to do is continue the conversation in that one thread instead of attempting to start a copy cat thread and I would totally agree with that 100% but having only 1 or 2 people that are responsible for posting all of the Chiefs news wouldn't work as just as you stated, everyone is excited to post the news because it's killer for the Chiefs and they want to chat about it. :bananen_smilies046:

It's better to have one thread about each news item so as to avoid redundancy in multiple threads.

I agree. Unfortunately I have to pay my mortgage, so I can't be on here 24/7.

Canada
04-04-2009, 12:53 PM
It's better to have one thread about each news item so as to avoid redundancy in multiple threads.

I agree. Unfortunately I have to pay my mortgage, so I can't be on here 24/7.

I'm just kidding about the mods. They are OK I guess. :D

As far as too many threads. If you don't want to read them then don't click on them. Its not that much of a workout to move your mouse to the "Mark Forums Read" button. If you don't like multiple threads don't read multiple threads. Its pretty simple really!! :bananen_smilies046:

tornadospotter
04-04-2009, 02:42 PM
I'm just kidding about the mods. They are OK I guess. :D

As far as too many threads. If you don't want to read them then don't click on them. Its not that much of a workout to move your mouse to the "Mark Forums Read" button. If you don't like multiple threads don't read multiple threads. Its pretty simple really!! :bananen_smilies046:
It is? We may need some training classes here!:D

Canada
04-04-2009, 04:51 PM
It is? We may need some training classes here!:D

Lesson 1: See how you are not cliking on any links. Continue to do that!! :sign0098: