PDA

View Full Version : MLB Season Opener

Vanilla Garilla
04-05-2009, 09:04 PM
Hi Fellas, I'm just sitting here watching my Atlanta Braves tee off on Myers and The Phillies. I was just curious as to how many of my fellow Chiefs are baseball fans as well? If you are, whats your favorite team?

AussieChiefsFan
04-06-2009, 02:22 AM
I don't watch it, but I just go for the KC royals!:bananen_smilies046:

Canada
04-06-2009, 08:21 AM
I love playing but watching bores me to tears unless it is around playoff time or I am at the game. I would have to say that I am a Cleveland Indians fan. My old man took me to a series and the Jake when I was about 7 and I have liked themever since.

prough91
04-06-2009, 12:12 PM
I can't account for your taste in baseball teams, but I can't figure out why they took Lowe out. A 2 hitter into the eighth? Why would they pull him?

tornadospotter
04-06-2009, 12:20 PM
I love playing but watching bores me to tears unless it is around playoff time or I am at the game.

I would have to agree.

I would have to say that I am a Cleveland Indians fan. My old man took me to a series and the Jake when I was about 7 and I have liked themever since.
I do like the Royals, but I was never a huge baseball fan. I was a big fan in the days of George Brett.

Vanilla Garilla
04-06-2009, 08:43 PM
I can't account for your taste in baseball teams, but I can't figure out why they took Lowe out. A 2 hitter into the eighth? Why would they pull him?

Probably because that arm is going to be needed for a very, very long season. Thats the closers spot, thats what he is paid to do, so give the guy a chance to do it. I know alot of Braves fans are upset by the pull, but i dot see why. It's not like he was pitching a no hitter, or going for the perfect game. Lowe had an excellent start, and pitched a beautful game.

prough91
04-08-2009, 12:04 PM
Probably because that arm is going to be needed for a very, very long season. Thats the closers spot, thats what he is paid to do, so give the guy a chance to do it. I know alot of Braves fans are upset by the pull, but i dot see why. It's not like he was pitching a no hitter, or going for the perfect game. Lowe had an excellent start, and pitched a beautful game.

I agree about being a long season, but he hadn't really thrown that many balls, only 96. Lowe's kind of a work horse so I don't think 15 more pitches would have hurt him. It was a beautiful pitching exhibit though. I doubt Lowe wanted to come out.

Three7s
04-09-2009, 04:13 AM
Looks like the Royals offense is still anemic, good thing we have decent pitching, excluding Farnsworthless.

Chiefster
04-11-2009, 10:37 PM
Occasionally.

AussieChiefsFan
04-11-2009, 11:05 PM
Rarely. Which means that I MIGHT watch a game or two in my life. I don't hate it though, it's an alright sport....

Chiefster
04-12-2009, 03:09 PM
Rarely. Which means that I MIGHT watch a game or two in my life. I don't hate it though, it's an alright sport....

It takes a lot more skill than one might realize.

AussieChiefsFan
04-12-2009, 09:56 PM
It takes a lot more skill than one might realize.
one thing that I've always found interesting:

You guys have: Baseball
We have : Cricket

You guys have: NFL
We have : Rugby(i don't like it)

You guys have: Nascar (COOL!)
We have: V8 Supercars (pretty cool!)

It's like we are both exactly the same but in slightly different ways. You know what I'm saying?

Vanilla Garilla
04-13-2009, 02:33 AM
one thing that I've always found interesting:

You guys have: Baseball
We have : Cricket

You guys have: NFL
We have : Rugby(i don't like it)

You guys have: Nascar (COOL!)
We have: V8 Supercars (pretty cool!)

It's like we are both exactly the same but in slightly different ways. You know what I'm saying?

One more thing:

You Guys: Mostly all cherish soccer "Football"

Us: Not so much, too low scoring, no contact for us to watch.

AussieChiefsFan
04-13-2009, 04:01 AM
One more thing:

You Guys: Mostly all cherish soccer "Football"

Us: Not so much, too low scoring, no contact for us to watch.
It's still pretty good though.