PDA

View Full Version : LJ in AZ.

DrunkHillbilly
08-04-2007, 05:42 AM
LJ and Brady Quinn have been workin out in AZ for the last week. LJ has been stayin at a hip new hotel called the Valley Ho in Scottsdale. Ran into him tonight and spoke to him for about a half hour about things. Honest to god!! It's on ESPN. Talked to him about signing and he said he wants to be a Chief but wants to be compensated like a top RB in the league and feels like CP is not giving him any respect! He said he feels like he worked harder than any RB in the league last season and he feels like he deserves a little respect!

This is no joke guys! He seems like a very humble guy and was very gracious about speaking with us like it was no big deal! Had a few ****tails and talked to anyone who knew who he was. Not a ton of people. He was very respectful to people that were asking for autographs and photos. I will try and post some pictures that I took during the day. Seems like a well rounded dude and fairly down to earth.

Guru
08-04-2007, 06:39 AM
We had better see some pics.

chief31
08-04-2007, 09:04 AM
Wow. Glad you got to meet him.

Coach
08-04-2007, 09:56 AM
LJ and Brady Quinn have been workin out in AZ for the last week. LJ has been stayin at a hip new hotel called the Valley Ho in Scottsdale. Ran into him tonight and spoke to him for about a half hour about things. Honest to god!! It's on ESPN. Talked to him about signing and he said he wants to be a Chief but wants to be compensated like a top RB in the league and feels like CP is not giving him any respect! He said he feels like he worked harder than any RB in the league last season and he feels like he deserves a little respect!

This is no joke guys! He seems like a very humble guy and was very gracious about speaking with us like it was no big deal! Had a few ****tails and talked to anyone who knew who he was. Not a ton of people. He was very respectful to people that were asking for autographs and photos. I will try and post some pictures that I took during the day. Seems like a well rounded dude and fairly down to earth.

That is awesome!!!!! Definitely post some pictures. I'm glad he was cordial to us mortals.

m0ef0e
08-04-2007, 12:36 PM
I saw the interview on ESPN last night and he really seemed down to earth about the whole thing. Said he really was missing camp and building chemistry with the o-line. Also said that he has been getting online almost every night looking at travel prices to River Falls. If anything holding out seems like its driving LJ a little stir-crazy.

Coach
08-04-2007, 01:34 PM
IT makes me feel a little better about LJ.

DrunkHillbilly
08-04-2007, 02:46 PM
I saw the interview on ESPN last night and he really seemed down to earth about the whole thing. Said he really was missing camp and building chemistry with the o-line. Also said that he has been getting online almost every night looking at travel prices to River Falls. If anything holding out seems like its driving LJ a little stir-crazy.

Did they say he was in Az in the interview? I found out he was there through a friend that works at the hotel.

DrunkHillbilly
08-04-2007, 02:50 PM
That is awesome!!!!! Definitely post some pictures. I'm glad he was cordial to us mortals.

He seemed to be fairly cordial. It's not like we sat down and had a conversation but he was just standing at the bar with some buddy's and I just came out and told him I was a fan, he said thanks and I just got in a few questions and then left him alone. He didn't seem irritated at the situation.

zona chief
08-04-2007, 03:36 PM
I will have to stop by the hotel since I'm only 15 mins away.

Hillbilly, do you know where they train in town??

m0ef0e
08-04-2007, 05:07 PM
Did they say he was in Az in the interview? I found out he was there through a friend that works at the hotel.

Yea, they said he was working out at the same place Brady Quinn was.

Chiefster
08-04-2007, 09:50 PM

Meh; it was the alcohol talkin. :p

DrunkHillbilly
08-04-2007, 10:00 PM
I will have to stop by the hotel since I'm only 15 mins away.

Hillbilly, do you know where they train in town??

No I'm not sure. I know there is a place next to the Ice Den where quite a few athletes go to when they are in town but the name escapes me right now. It's an indoor facility.

Chiefster
08-04-2007, 10:01 PM
Well I'm jealous again! :D

taurusbadboy2002
08-16-2007, 06:12 PM
Are U Still Gonna Post Those Pics?

Chiefster
08-18-2007, 06:54 PM
Are U Still Gonna Post Those Pics?

Which pics are you referring?

taurusbadboy2002
08-19-2007, 02:07 AM
The Pics That You Said You Took That Day When You Saw Him.

Chiefster
08-19-2007, 11:06 PM
The Pics That You Said You Took That Day When You Saw Him.

I'm pretty sure you have me mixed up with someone else.

chief31
08-20-2007, 09:00 AM
I'm pretty sure you have me mixed up with someone else.

Yeah. Drunkhillbilly. The opening post of this thread said he was going to try to post some pics.

sling58
08-20-2007, 09:08 AM

I read this article or story on another website a few weeks ago. I wonder if he posted it somewhere else also. Ummm........that's weird.

Canada
08-20-2007, 09:22 AM
I read this article or story on another website a few weeks ago. I wonder if he posted it somewhere else also. Ummm........that's weird.

Know what else is weird...when comics stick to silly putty!! :bananen_smilies046:

sling58
08-20-2007, 09:53 AM
Know what else is weird...when comics stick to silly putty!! :bananen_smilies046:

Canada, you need to go to bed and get some sleep. You starting to get loopy.....wait....what do I mean start....you have always been loopy.

:lol: :lol:

Chiefster
08-20-2007, 10:34 AM

I loved doing that as a kid! :D

DrunkHillbilly
08-20-2007, 03:11 PM
Sorry peeps! Been in Cabo for a few days!! WOW! Talk about a hang over!!!! I will see if I can do something witht the pics. I took them with my phone and they are real dark so not much to look at.

Coach
08-20-2007, 10:19 PM
Sorry peeps! Been in Cabo for a few days!! WOW! Talk about a hang over!!!! I will see if I can do something witht the pics. I took them with my phone and they are real dark so not much to look at.

I've got a great Scottie Pippen story from my trip to Cabo Wabo. I'll share it sometime.

If your phone allows you to email the pictures, please email them to jeremy@chiefscrowd.com. I'll take care of the rest.