PDA

View Full Version : KCChiefs.com : Swapping Spots Big Part of Draft

Coach
04-08-2009, 12:20 PM
There is no defining moment when it became popular in the NFL to swap draft picks. But there's no question that in recent years more and more picks are changing hands. Take last year. There were a possible 256 selections in the 2008 NFL Draft.

More... (http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2009/04/08/swapping_spots_big_part_of_draft/)

pbatrucker
04-08-2009, 01:40 PM
What are the possibilities of the Chiefs trading down for more picks.
Four teams need QB's, Donks, 49ers, Bucs, and jets. The donks probably won't trade with a division rival and the bucs don't have enough draft choices to offer. A deal with the jets and 49ers are the best bet.
Two teams need WR's giants and eagles. I don't think the eagles will deal. The giants have stock piled DL and could make an interesting proposal.
:11:

Coach
04-08-2009, 09:14 PM
What are the possibilities of the Chiefs trading down for more picks.
Four teams need QB's, Donks, 49ers, Bucs, and jets. The donks probably won't trade with a division rival and the bucs don't have enough draft choices to offer. A deal with the jets and 49ers are the best bet.
Two teams need WR's giants and eagles. I don't think the eagles will deal. The giants have stock piled DL and could make an interesting proposal.
:11:

That's the million $ question. If there were a rookie salary scale, everyone would consider trading. But with the money the top 10 guys get, it's hard to trade those picks for equal draft value.

If Stafford or Sanchez go to the Lions with the 1st pick, then there is an outside shot that a team needing a QB will try to jump in front of Seattle. Seattle is rumored to be in love with Sanchez. Since KC picks right in front of Seattle, our pick could become more valuable for a team needing a QB.

I think the large majority of Chiefs fans want to trade the pick. It doesn't even have to be for equal value. If we could get a 1st and 2nd, it would be a huge win for a team that needs to fill a lot of starting roster spots.

ctchiefsfan
04-08-2009, 09:50 PM
I'm inclined to believe that these type of scenarios are keeping pioli awake at night.