PDA

View Full Version : When is LJ coming back?

sling58
08-04-2007, 07:47 AM
When is LJ going to be back behind the line? Don't get me wrong, I am happy that Priest is back in pads sporting the Red and Gold but LJ is the man. No one has done more, in my opinion, for the Chiefs running game than LJ in the last decade. I know that Priest broke the record and is a great runner but I would have to say that I would rather have LJ in the back field. Why doesn't King Carl just realize that to get that Lombardi trophy that we need the best players possible. Stop being so cheap CP and give LJ his money. Trust me, it will be money well spent when LJ is hoisting that trophy over his head.

:saythat:

chief31
08-04-2007, 09:00 AM
When is LJ going to be back behind the line? Don't get me wrong, I am happy that Priest is back in pads sporting the Red and Gold but LJ is the man. No one has done more, in my opinion, for the Chiefs running game than LJ in the last decade. I know that Priest broke the record and is a great runner but I would have to say that I would rather have LJ in the back field. Why doesn't King Carl just realize that to get that Lombardi trophy that we need the best players possible. Stop being so cheap CP and give LJ his money. Trust me, it will be money well spent when LJ is hoisting that trophy over his head.

This one got my attention....

Have you ever heard of Will Shields? Willie Roaf? Brian Waters? Casey Wiegmann? Dick Vermiel?

And Priest Holmes came to a team that hadn't managed a 1500 yard rusher since Christian Okoye. What did L.J. do? Oh, he continued an already successful running game and nothing more.

Sorry if I sound like a wise-***. I just don't see what you are looking at.

Coach
08-04-2007, 09:58 AM

LJ deserves a pay raise. But he's only played 1.5 seasons, so I don't know that I agree with your 10 year statement.

Chiefster
08-04-2007, 04:20 PM
This one got my attention....

Have you ever heard of Will Shields? Willie Roaf? Brian Waters? Casey Wiegmann? Dick Vermiel?

And Priest Holmes came to a team that hadn't managed a 1500 yard rusher since Christian Okoye. What did L.J. do? Oh, he continued an already successful running game and nothing more.

Sorry if I sound like a wise-***. I just don't see what you are looking at.

LJ deserves a pay raise. But he's only played 1.5 seasons, so I don't know that I agree with your 10 year statement.

I have to agree here; LJ is the top man at his position, but there's a lot of pieces of that big puzzle we call the Chiefs.

zona chief
08-04-2007, 04:27 PM
Amen brother! I don't know a running back that is very successful without an O'line! (well maybe Barry Sanders) Can you imagine where he would have set the bar with a line???

sling58
08-04-2007, 04:50 PM
Amen brother! I don't know a running back that is very successful without an O'line! (well maybe Barry Sanders) Can you imagine where he would have set the bar with a line???

Emmitt wouldn't hold the record for the most yards by far if Barry had a line to work with.

Chiefster
08-04-2007, 09:59 PM

Emmitt wouldn't hold the record for the most yards by far if Barry had a line to work with.

Sanders would have tore the league up!

chief31
08-05-2007, 12:58 AM
Imagine if those two guys (Barry and Emmitt) had traded places. It would have been ridiculous.

Chiefster
08-05-2007, 05:30 AM
Imagine if those two guys (Barry and Emmitt) had traded places. It would have been ridiculous.

Yup! Completely outrageous!

m0ef0e
08-06-2007, 01:50 PM
Barry Sanders wouldn't have been near as exciting to watch without dodging 11 diving defenders on every play. Would have been cool to see him destroy every rushing record ever, though. If, he had Emmit's line in the 90's, Barry's records would have probably stood for at least a decade or more.

Chiefster
08-06-2007, 01:54 PM
Barry Sanders wouldn't have been near as exciting to watch without dodging 11 diving defenders on every play. Would have been cool to see him destroy every rushing record ever, though. If, he had Emmit's line in the 90's, Barry's records would have probably stood for at least a decade or more.

Would have been like Cal Ripken Jr; untouchable.

sling58
08-06-2007, 01:55 PM
Barry was the man. I will say.

Chiefster
08-06-2007, 01:56 PM
Barry was the man. I will say.

You say correctly! :D

Canada
08-06-2007, 03:19 PM
Barry Sanders is the only football jersey that I own that is not Chiefs!

Chiefster
08-06-2007, 03:21 PM
Barry Sanders is the only football jersey that I own that is not Chiefs!

Again, I find myself jealous.

Canada
08-06-2007, 03:22 PM
It is his Pro Bowl jersey. Got it for 90 bucks. Couldn't pass up the deal!

sling58
08-06-2007, 03:22 PM
Still can't find myself spending money on another team besides the Chiefs

Chiefster
08-06-2007, 03:24 PM

I like him cause he grew up here in the great landing strip we call Kansas.

Canada
08-06-2007, 03:27 PM

I would never have done it for anyone else. I bought jerseys for all the guys in my wedding party and got Sanders while I was at it!! I also got my Derrick Thomas Pro Bowl at the same time. See...there are perks to getting married!!:bananen_smilies046:

sling58
08-06-2007, 03:30 PM
Now I have a reason to tie the knot!

Canada
08-06-2007, 03:31 PM
All the guys wore their jerseys instead of vests under their tuxs and we came into the reception to the tune of the Chiefs lining up for a play!! It was awesome!!

Chiefster
08-06-2007, 03:31 PM
Now I have a reason to tie the knot!

Don't forget the pre-nup or she'll be after yer Arrowcash.

sling58
08-06-2007, 03:32 PM
No, I got that before we got married! That money is mine ha ha

Canada
08-06-2007, 03:33 PM
Too late man...if she leaves me she gets a ton of empty beer bottles and a pool table. I don't really bring a lot to the relationship!!

Chiefster
08-06-2007, 03:33 PM
Too late man...if she leaves me she gets a ton of empty beer bottles and a pool table. I don't really bring a lot to the relationship!!

Like I said: priorities! :toast2:

sling58
08-06-2007, 03:34 PM
I have them straight ha ha

Canada
08-06-2007, 03:35 PM
Got a call talk to you guys later!!

sling58
08-06-2007, 03:36 PM
later man

Guru
08-06-2007, 05:10 PM

Did Lenny show you his ring? He likes to flash that.