PDA

View Full Version : Falcons Interested in Tony Gonzalez

yashi
04-12-2009, 10:46 AM
The National Football Post | Notes From Lombardi: Sunday Edition (http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/2009/04/notes-from-lombardi-sunday-edition/)

THINGS I HEARD AROUND THE NFL LAST WEEK …
3. The Falcons are seriously considering trading for Chiefs tight end Tony Gonzalez and might even give up their second-round pick to make the deal.

Interesting. A second round pick would be hard to pass up, even for the best TE in NFL history, at 33 anyway.

AussieChiefsFan
04-12-2009, 10:49 AM
Please Pioli!! Don't Accept The Trade!!!!!

honda522
04-12-2009, 11:02 AM
Listen to Clark and Scott ATL, GONZO IS STAYING!

AussieChiefsFan
04-12-2009, 11:05 AM
Listen to Clark and Scott ATL, GONZO IS STAYING!Oh yeah, scott has a brain...:)

jmlamerson
04-12-2009, 11:13 AM
I love Tony G. He's the best TE in the history of the game, and the best player on our roster. He'll catch 8 TDs and 1,000 yards for the next 2-3 years. And I have no faith in Cottam to achieve even half Tony's production.

That being said, if we can get the 55th pick in the draft for Tony, we have to do it. We have so many needs at vital positions (3-4 DEs, NT, OLB, FS, RG, RT), and this pick could fill one of them. To have a great TE is a good thing, but we aren't going to win games without a real RT or DE.

If we do make the trade, it might make everyone feel better to look at it like we traded Tony G. and the 34th pick for Cassel/Vrabel and the 55th pick. And that we got Tony a legitimate chance at a ring on an up-and-coming young team in a very weak NFC.

AussieChiefsFan
04-12-2009, 11:18 AM
I love Tony G. He's the best TE in the history of the game, and the best player on our roster. He'll catch 8 TDs and 1,000 yards for the next 2-3 years. And I have no faith in Cottam to achieve even half Tony's production.

That being said, if we can get the 55th pick in the draft for Tony, we have to do it. We have so many needs at vital positions (3-4 DEs, NT, OLB, FS, RG, RT), and this pick could fill one of them. To have a great TE is a good thing, but we aren't going to win games without a real RT or DE.

If we do make the trade, it might make everyone feel better to look at it like we traded Tony G. and the 34th pick for Cassel/Vrabel and the 55th pick. And that we got Tony a legitimate chance at a ring on an up-and-coming young team in a very weak NFC.
IMO it would be a horrible loss to trade Tony Gonzalez. As a lot of people sy including ME; he is the best TE in the history of the NFL! Without him this team wouldn't play as well IMO because he is the sort of trademark of the team. Without him this team would fall apart and be evan harder to rebuild. So IMO wo should definatley NOT trade Tony G because we have had one of the best off-seasons in a very long time and why ruin it now by trading our star TE?!
And yes cottam was drafted last year and has barely gotten a go if any last season. In a way I feal sorry for him. But with Tony G to compete with for 1st string and the QB's favorite receiver, he really has no chance at all.

Vanilla Garilla
04-12-2009, 11:38 AM

I highly disagree. Cassel is going to need a "go to guy" in his first year with the chiefs, a player that he can feel secure with on 3rd and long situations, and someone he can trust in the endzone. With that being said, the only receiver we have that fits that description is Tony Gonzales. We need to keep Gonzales at least one more year without a shadow of a doubt, even on the business side of things. This man creates plays, which sells tickets, and merchandise.

jmlamerson
04-12-2009, 11:40 AM
Without him this team wouldn't play as well IMO because he is the sort of trademark of the team. Without him this team would fall apart and be evan harder to rebuild.

With him, the Chiefs won six games over the past two years. No TE, even the best TE, will be the main reason a team wins games. As for veteran leadership and locker room morale, Pioli's purging Herm's guys. Just as the Dolphins didn't fall apart without Taylor and Thomas, the Chiefs won't fall apart without Tony G. Because he and Waters have been our only two great players over the past two years, we tend to overrate them. They are nice pieces to the puzzle, but they aren't enough to make us winners.

jmlamerson
04-12-2009, 11:45 AM
I highly disagree. Cassel is going to need a "go to guy" in his first year with the chiefs, a player that he can feel secure with on 3rd and long situations, and someone he can trust in the endzone. With that being said, the only receiver we have that fits that description is Tony Gonzales. We need to keep Gonzales at least one more year without a shadow of a doubt, even on the business side of things. This man creates plays, which sells tickets, and merchandise.

People are going to Arrowhead to watch the Chiefs win. If we start winning, it won't matter if Tony is on the team or not. And we won't start winning without some real players on the lines.

As for a security blanket for Cassel, I see your point. But the question is whether Cassel will do better with Tony G. or a real RT. As useful as a great TE might be, I think the RT is more important.

Vanilla Garilla
04-12-2009, 11:48 AM
People are going to Arrowhead to watch the Chiefs win. If we start winning, it won't matter if Tony is on the team or not. And we won't start winning without some real players on the lines.

As for a security blanket for Cassel, I see your point. But the question is whether Cassel will do better with Tony G. or a real RT. As useful as a great TE might be, I think the RT is more important.

Just a question for you: Where do you think Tony Romo would be without Jason Witten?

AussieChiefsFan
04-12-2009, 11:49 AM
With him, the Chiefs won six games over the past two years. No TE, even the best TE, will be the main reason a team wins games. As for veteran leadership and locker room morale, Pioli's purging Herm's guys. Just as the Dolphins didn't fall apart without Taylor and Thomas, the Chiefs won't fall apart without Tony G. Because he and Waters have been our only two great players over the past two years, we tend to overrate them. They are nice pieces to the puzzle, but they aren't enough to make us winners.Ok, so I too admit that the Chiefs probably WON'T fall apart without Tony G but it will be harder to get back on the road of recovery though. He's just a piece of the puzzle that is locked in place and for that reason, won't budge.

jmlamerson
04-12-2009, 11:54 AM
Just a question for you: Where do you think Tony Romo would be without Jason Witten?

With Jason Witten, I think Romo puts up stats, but fails to win a playoff series. With Jason Witten, I think Romo puts up stats, but fails to win a playoff series.

Without Marc Colombo, I don't think Romo puts up stats or wins a playoff series. Without DeMarcus Ware and that Dallas defense, I don't think Dallas wins eight games a year, with or without Witten.

My point isn't that Tony is bad TE. He's the best currently and all-time. But that a team whose best player is a TE will always be a bad team.

Canada
04-12-2009, 11:57 AM
With him, the Chiefs won six games over the past two years. No TE, even the best TE, will be the main reason a team wins games. As for veteran leadership and locker room morale, Pioli's purging Herm's guys. Just as the Dolphins didn't fall apart without Taylor and Thomas, the Chiefs won't fall apart without Tony G. Because he and Waters have been our only two great players over the past two years, we tend to overrate them. They are nice pieces to the puzzle, but they aren't enough to make us winners.

Is that because of him or in spite of him? Same could be said of any player on the team. And Tony G is not one of the main reasons a team wins games? This is the guy who is ALL TIME Rec, yards, TDs etc... That does not win games? I believe Tony was on a few 13-3 teams as well. Or did you forget that. 90-100 catches 1000 yards and 8 TD (I believe that is what you said) is not going to contribute to a pass first offense? Best hands on the team with a new young QB??

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Tony Gonzalez is Herms guy??

I will ask you a quesion that I see you ask a lot of people...Do you even watch the Chiefs?

jmlamerson
04-12-2009, 11:58 AM
Ok, so I too admit that the Chiefs probably WON'T fall apart without Tony G but it will be harder to get back on the road of recovery though. He's just a piece of the puzzle that is locked in place and for that reason, won't budge.

No matter what, he'll be budging in 2-3 years when he retires. And his skills will start diminishing, not increasing, over the next couple years.

Unless we think we are a serious contender in 2009, and I don't think anyone really thinks they are, then Tony G.'s value is limited to transitioning the offense. We have to weigh that against the value of a 2nd round pick.

Vanilla Garilla
04-12-2009, 11:58 AM
With Jason Witten, I think Romo puts up stats, but fails to win a playoff series. With Jason Witten, I think Romo puts up stats, but fails to win a playoff series.

Without Marc Colombo, I don't think Romo puts up stats or wins a playoff series. Without DeMarcus Ware and that Dallas defense, I don't think Dallas wins eight games a year, with or without Witten.

My point isn't that Tony is bad TE. He's the best currently and all-time. But that a team whose best player is a TE will always be a bad team.

I thoroughly see your point, but for a quarterback who has only played one season, going to a new team, he is going to need Gonzales no matter what! And whos to say that Tony is going to be the best Chiefs player next year, theres a high possiblity that Cassel, Bowe, or even Dorsey will take that spot.

jmlamerson
04-12-2009, 12:04 PM
Is that because of him or in spite of him? Same could be said of any player on the team. And Tony G is not one of the main reasons a team wins games? This is the guy who is ALL TIME Rec, yards, TDs etc... That does not win games? I believe Tony was on a few 13-3 teams as well. Or did you forget that. 90-100 catches 1000 yards and 8 TD (I believe that is what you said) is not going to contribute to a pass first offense? Best hands on the team with a new young QB??

Tony Gonzalez is Herms guy??

I will ask you a quesion that I see you ask a lot of people...Do you even watch the Chiefs?

I wasn't talking about Tony as Herm's guy. As was pretty obvious, I was talking about the young players referenced by aussie.

If the best player on a team is a TE, that is a bad team. Tony was on some 13-3 teams that flamed out in the playoffs. He's never been on a team that won a playoff game. It's pretty obvious that he isn't going to win us games on his own. He can't. He's just a TE.

Besides, you were pimping Cottam as a great pick and Tony G.'s replacement all last year, so I don't see why you think there will be a fall-off in production. And if I remember correctly, you went after Tony G. for demanding a trade last season. Amazingly, people do read what you write.

jmlamerson
04-12-2009, 12:04 PM
Stupid double posts

jmlamerson
04-12-2009, 12:07 PM
Stupid double posts

jmlamerson
04-12-2009, 12:12 PM
I thoroughly see your point, but for a quarterback who has only played one season, going to a new team, he is going to need Gonzales no matter what! And whos to say that Tony is going to be the best Chiefs player next year, theres a high possiblity that Cassel, Bowe, or even Dorsey will take that spot.

OK. I can see your point. We'll just have to wait and see, I guess.

honda522
04-12-2009, 12:20 PM
Tony only wants to be traded to a contending team. I wouldn't really call ATL a contending team. Not that their bad, but I don't think they will make it to an AFC Championship team in the next 2 years or so.

jmlamerson
04-12-2009, 12:24 PM
Tony only wants to be traded to a contending team. I wouldn't really call ATL a contending team. Not that their bad, but I don't think they will make it to an AFC Championship team in the next 2 years or so.

Neither do I. But a NFC Championship is pretty possible.

Canada
04-12-2009, 12:43 PM
I wasn't talking about Tony as Herm's guy. As was pretty obvious, I was talking about the young players referenced by aussie.

If the best player on a team is a TE, that is a bad team. Tony was on some 13-3 teams that flamed out in the playoffs. He's never been on a team that won a playoff game. It's pretty obvious that he isn't going to win us games on his own. He can't. He's just a TE.

Besides, you were pimping Cottam as a great pick and Tony G.'s replacement all last year, so I don't see why you think there will be a fall-off in production. And if I remember correctly, you went after Tony G. for demanding a trade last season. Amazingly, people do read what you write.

Just a TE who is better than most WRs and is a good chunk of the offensive production on this teamever year.

If you can find me the post where I say that Cottam is as good as Tony G I would love to see it. I said he is a good back up from what I have seen.

And my "going after" Tony G went to the extent of saying he is under contract and I don't really care what he "wants" as far as a trade. I have said repeatedly (funny how quick some forget what I post) We are a better team with Tony Gonzalez.

I don't think its amazing that people read what I post, I am a funny guy!! :bananen_smilies046:

jmlamerson
04-12-2009, 01:31 PM
Just a TE who is better than most WRs and is a good chunk of the offensive production on this teamever year.

If you can find me the post where I say that Cottam is as good as Tony G I would love to see it. I said he is a good back up from what I have seen.

And my "going after" Tony G went to the extent of saying he is under contract and I don't really care what he "wants" as far as a trade. I have said repeatedly (funny how quick some forget what I post) We are a better team with Tony Gonzalez.

Yeah. That's the problem. Championship-caliber teams don't have a TE as their main offensive threat. That's why we keep losing year after year.

I didn't say you did with regards to Cottam. I said you said Cottam was Tony's replacement and was our TEOTF.

I don't think its amazing that people read what I post, I am a funny guy!! :bananen_smilies046:
There is a difference between "funny" and "funny-looking."

Hayvern
04-12-2009, 01:32 PM
I honestly don't think it will ever be straight up Gonzales for a second round pick, especially one so late in the second round, at 55, it might as well be a third round pick.

I think the price for Gonzo is going to ultimately be too high for the Falcons, so I don't expect to see him leave.

I have been wrong before though.

okikcfan
04-12-2009, 02:04 PM
First, Tony will not be the only GO TO GUY on the field, Bowe is not even in his prime and could very well turn into a Great reciever and then we just got Engram, he's no spring chicken but his is still a very good receiver. Right now we have 10 receivers some we will keep and some we will not but I don't think after all is said and done (after the draft) Cassell shoud not have a problem finding a go to guy.

Chiefster
04-12-2009, 02:19 PM
I hope we keep Tony, but can see the reasoning behind the trade.

Sn@keIze
04-12-2009, 02:29 PM
I hope we keep Tony, but can see the reasoning behind the trade.me neither.

I love Tony too, But a 2nd round pick? Thats a pretty good deal. Last year there were offers for a third and now hes older, and we are getting offered a 2nd?

I love Tony but if the Falcs are willing then I believe we have to take it.

All in all I think this report is weak and nothing will happen.

Chief Tyler
04-12-2009, 02:30 PM
At this time looks like bowe will be a target

Bowe is going to be a target anytime, but I'll take wild guess and say that you mean he is the number one target as you've said so many times before.

How do you even get off saying something like that? They haven't been to minicamp yet, let alone preseason, the only thing we have to judge Bowe with is his performance last season, and as long as he has a serious case of the butter fingers, he's never going to be the number 1.

Vandelay
04-12-2009, 02:34 PM
Thats how I see it.

Chiefster
04-12-2009, 02:39 PM
me neither.

I love Tony too, But a 2nd round pick? Thats a pretty good deal. Last year there were offers for a third and now hes older, and we are getting offered a 2nd?

I love Tony but if the Falcs are willing then I believe we have to take it.

...And, I think Tony wants to play for a contender his last couple of years.

Vandelay
04-12-2009, 02:43 PM
...And, I think Tony wants to play for a contender his last couple of years.
And if Tony stays, The Chiefs just may be a contender.:bananen_smilies046:

jamesald
04-12-2009, 03:44 PM
The Falcons aren't a contender. They are a decent team, but nothing more than that. Even if the Chiefs acquire a first or second rounder for Gonzalez, they will be forced to use that pick to fill the void left by him, which means they trade Tony G for their draft pick. Will the pick be better than Gonzalez? Highly unlikely.

AkChief49
04-12-2009, 03:55 PM

As for a security blanket for Cassel, I see your point. But the question is whether Cassel will do better with Tony G. or a real RT. As useful as a great TE might be, I think the RT is more important.I agree, as painful as it is, we need to look long term, Tony would probably not garner a 2nd rounder next year.

Chief Tyler
04-12-2009, 04:05 PM
The Falcons aren't a contender. They are a decent team, but nothing more than that. Even if the Chiefs acquire a first or second rounder for Gonzalez, they will be forced to use that pick to fill the void left by him, which means they trade Tony G for their draft pick. Will the pick be better than Gonzalez? Highly unlikely.

I'll give you that Atlanta is a decent team at best, but it only takes a decent team playing well at the right time to get to the big game, just look at the last few NFC contenders.

If we can get a second for Gonzo, I'm not sure my vote is a yes yet, I'm still on the fence. We supposedly have our replacement for him already in Cottam. Is he going to live up to Tony's standards? Highly doubtful, but watching a lot of his tape and it's easy to see that he's a big target with strong good hands, the same mold as Tony, and who better to learn from than TG himself. If we could get a second for Gonzalez and trade down for a couple more early round picks, we could fill a few more holes and maybe even consider another target for Cassel in a receiver like Britt or maybe another long term addition to the line in Loadholt, I just don't know which is more valuable at this point. I don't expect a Superbowl run in the next couple years, but is Tony's presence on the team and example for younger players worth more than a second round rookie?

jamesald
04-12-2009, 04:46 PM
I wouldn't give up the pick for Tony. Tony can still produce at an extremely high level, so we need to keep him. It would be nice to get the 2nd rounder, but Cottam isn't going to be able to step in and be the number one tight end. Trading Tony is only going to make this offense take a step back. They would have to draft a tight end or pick one up in free agency that wouldn't be as good as Tony. Keep Tony this year and if they don't compete, they owe it to him to trade him next year. This years picks need to be used to fill the holes in this years roster, which would make it easier to make obtaining a tight end a priority next off season.

honda522
04-12-2009, 05:25 PM
And if Tony stays, The Chiefs just may be a contender.:bananen_smilies046:
Yes! :bananen_smilies046:

jmlamerson
04-12-2009, 06:01 PM

The Falcons have a high power offense, a good young OL, and a decent defense. They have a better chance of winning the NFC next year than most teams not named the Eagles. Add Tony G. to the offense, already stacked with Turner, Ryan, and White, and the Falcons have a better chance than perennially choking Eagles and Cowboys, the weaker Cards and Giants, the crumbling Panthers and Seahawks, or the QB-less Vikings.

And the Chiefs don't need to use the pick acquired to replace Tony. That's why we spent a 3rd rounder on Cottam last year, right?

jamesald
04-12-2009, 06:11 PM
The Falcons have a high power offense, a good young OL, and a decent defense. They have a better chance of winning the NFC next year than most teams not named the Eagles. Add Tony G. to the offense, already stacked with Turner, Ryan, and White, and the Falcons have a better chance than perennially choking Eagles and Cowboys, the weaker Cards and Giants, the crumbling Panthers and Seahawks, or the QB-less Vikings.

And the Chiefs don't need to use the pick acquired to replace Tony. That's why we spent a 3rd rounder on Cottam last year, right?

I like the Falcons offense, but I'm unsure about their defense. The teams in their division are just as good as them, which will make it tough to repeat what they did last year. The Bucs have very good skill players on offense. The Saints are explosive on offense and the Panthers can run it down your throat and Steve Smith is one of the best WRs in the league. Playing those teams two times a piece when they are healthy will be extremely difficult. Like I said, Cottam isn't a number one tight end in this league, so they would have to acquire another tight end to be that guy, so why not keep Tony and make this years team that much better?

DT14PRIEST
04-12-2009, 06:22 PM

I'd still favor the Eagles, Giants, Cards, Saints and even the Vikings over the Falcons at this point to win the NFC.

Tony may get a playoff win in ATL but he won't get a Superbowl.

That being said if we can feasibly get their 2nd and swap firsts I'd do it. Tony G has been HoF but if you can get potential long term collateral in exchange for him then you jump on that oppurtunity. TG is on the back nine of his career with the draft prospect you have the potential to replace an aging vet with an up and comer.

What would you rather have 2-3 years or 10-12 Years possibly more?

Ldub
04-12-2009, 06:37 PM
I hope they dont do it, but if they are fishing with a second round pick its going to be hard for our GM to say no to it. How good of a sorce is the National Football Post?

theaxeeffect4311
04-12-2009, 06:40 PM
They think TG is only worth a 2nd rounder? I seriously hope that Pioli doesn't do it as he needs to remain a Chief unless some team is willing to make the deal right. Atleast a first round pick IMO.

I agree. The only way the Chiefs are going to take any team serious about trading Tony would be if they offer a first round pick. Even then I would ask for a little more just to see if they would sweeten the deal. As much as I don't want Tony to leave, a first round pick may be the right price.

honda522
04-12-2009, 06:54 PM
The Falcons have a high power offense, a good young OL, and a decent defense. They have a better chance of winning the NFC next year than most teams not named the Eagles. Add Tony G. to the offense, already stacked with Turner, Ryan, and White, and the Falcons have a better chance than perennially choking Eagles and Cowboys, the weaker Cards and Giants, the crumbling Panthers and Seahawks, or the QB-lessreikings.

Cottam is still in the works. He will eventually take over when Tony retires.

Chief Tyler
04-12-2009, 07:00 PM
I agree. The only way the Chiefs are going to take any team serious about trading Tony would be if they offer a first round pick. Even then I would ask for a little more just to see if they would sweeten the deal. As much as I don't want Tony to leave, a first round pick may be the right price.

There won't be a team that offers up a 1st for TG when he's 33. The teams that would be interested in him are more likely than not in the bottom half of the first round, as the crappier teams have more pressing needs than a TE, and with guys like Pettigrew in this years draft and Gresham in next years draft, its impossible to justify giving up a 1st for 2-3 years from a player for the same price you pay for 10-12 from the next up and coming rookies. I understand that TG might put a team over the top, but for most teams the forumla for success doesn't focus on the play of the TE and I don't think a team like Buffalo or Atlanta would be willing to part with a first. The long term consequences outweight the short term benefits.

wichitaj
04-12-2009, 07:13 PM
They could draft a Pettigrew with the second round pick, or the mizzou boy

Canada
04-12-2009, 07:36 PM
Yeah. That's the problem. Championship-caliber teams don't have a TE as their main offensive threat. That's why we keep losing year after year.

Oh I see. If you have a good TE you can't win!! Makes total sense. :sign0098: I did not say he is our main offensive threat,I said he is good for 90-100 catches, 100o yards and 8 TDs. (actually you said that, I agreed) That is not the main target my friend.

I didn't say you did with regards to Cottam. I said you said Cottam was Tony's replacement and was our TEOTF.

Yup...the future. Not now...the future.

There is a difference between "funny" and "funny-looking."
You would know. You mom tell you that a lot?

wichitaj
04-12-2009, 08:46 PM

moms have a funny way about beating around bush about a kids mental ability. LOL:drunkhb:

jmlamerson
04-12-2009, 08:47 PM
Oh I see. If you have a good TE you can't win!! Makes total sense. :sign0098: I did not say he is our main offensive threat,I said he is good for 90-100 catches, 100o yards and 8 TDs. (actually you said that, I agreed) That is not the main target my friend.

A team shouldn't base its plans around a TE. A TE is a nice thing to have, but good ones aren't necessary for SBs. Teams like the Pats, Cards, Panthers, Eagles, Giants (after Shockey injury), etc. have made or won SBs with mediocre/bad TEs. No team has ever made a SB with players the caliber of ours at DL or OL.

Look at the teams with great, highly-touted TEs in the league right now. The Chargers, Cowboys, Saints, Redskins, Cleveland (pre-Winslow trade), Chiefs, etc. - none of them have gotten close to a ring. Not since Shannon Sharpe has a top-5 TE been involved on a championship team. Good, not great, guys like Heath Miller and Dallas Clark (more of slot receiver in 2006 anyway) are the closest.

This isn't an accident. If a TE is your main receiving threat, it's very likely that you're a bad team. It means that you're QB has accuracy problems, you have a bad OL, or you have bad WRs.

Think about a defense. If you have a safety getting 120 tackles a year, you have a great safety. But you also have a lousy front-7.

This isn't meant to disparage Tony G., only his teammates for the past few years. Their overall crappiness has forced him to take a far too large role in the offense. If our QB/OL/WR play improves, we won't need for him to bail our QB out so much. And we need our QB/OL/WR play to improve over 2007-2008 to even think about the playoffs.

Now, now, now. Let's not bring mothers into this. Otherwise I'll be forced to list for you all the naughty things I made your mom do for me in bed last night.

AussieChiefsFan
04-12-2009, 09:21 PM
A team shouldn't base its plans around a TE. A TE is a nice thing to have, but good ones aren't necessary for SBs. Teams like the Pats, Cards, Panthers, Eagles, Giants (after Shockey injury), etc. have made or won SBs with mediocre/bad TEs. No team has ever made a SB with players the caliber of ours at DL or OL.

Look at the teams with great, highly-touted TEs in the league right now. The Chargers, Cowboys, Saints, Redskins, Cleveland (pre-Winslow trade), Chiefs, etc. - none of them have gotten close to a ring. Not since Shannon Sharpe has a top-5 TE been involved on a championship team. Good, not great, guys like Heath Miller and Dallas Clark (more of slot receiver in 2006 anyway) are the closest.

This isn't an accident. If a TE is your main receiving threat, it's very likely that you're a bad team. It means that you're QB has accuracy problems, you have a bad OL, or you have bad WRs.

Think about a defense. If you have a safety getting 120 tackles a year, you have a great safety. But you also have a lousy front-7.

This isn't meant to disparage Tony G., only his teammates for the past few years. Their overall crappiness has forced him to take a far too large role in the offense. If our QB/OL/WR play improves, we won't need for him to bail our QB out so much. And we need our QB/OL/WR play to improve over 2007-2008 to even think about the playoffs.

Just because we got a good TE like Tony G dosen't mean that he won't come in handy in say for instance a Super Bowl. I really don't see how TG isn't good to have. He's a great player and it's great to have him on the team.

jmlamerson
04-12-2009, 09:30 PM
Just because we got a good TE like Tony G dosen't mean that he won't come in handy in say for instance a Super Bowl. I really don't see how TG isn't good to have. He's a great player and it's great to have him on the team.

The question isn't whether TG is a good player to have. Of course he's a good player to have.

The question is whether he'd be more useful to a championship run than the RT/DE we'd draft with the 2nd round pick.

AussieChiefsFan
04-12-2009, 09:35 PM
The question isn't whether TG is a good player to have. Of course he's a good player to have.

The question is whether he'd be more useful to a championship run than the RT/DE we'd draft with the 2nd round pick.
He would be useful to have because of the fact that he's such a good player. Suer if we had a player as good as he is at the WR position it would be more useful. But, he isn't a WR, he's TE, and IMO that doesn't really matter anyway, as long as he's a great and talented player that catches balls for the success of the team I'm happy with the players presence on the team.

OPLookn
04-12-2009, 10:31 PM
I don't know if it's been said but personally I'd take the 55th pick for Gonzo. Great player but as someone has said he's only getting older and at best has two years in the tank. Still a "go to" guy but I also agree with someone else that said basically we'll be getting a 2nd round pick to replace Gonzo. I'll go with that and reply with two words...."Chase Coffman". After watching him I think that after a while he could be as good as Gonzo. Hey, the possibility is there, he could just as easily flame out but personlly I think he's going to be a GREAT TE in the NFL.

AussieChiefsFan
04-12-2009, 10:36 PM
I don't know if it's been said but personally I'd take the 55th pick for Gonzo. Great player but as someone has said he's only getting older and at best has two years in the tank. Still a "go to" guy but I also agree with someone else that said basically we'll be getting a 2nd round pick to replace Gonzo. I'll go with that and reply with two words...."Chase Coffman". After watching him I think that after a while he could be as good as Gonzo. Hey, the possibility is there, he could just as easily flame out but personlly I think he's going to be a GREAT TE in the NFL.IMO one reason we should keep Tony Gonzalez is becasue he has been a part Of the Chiefs ever since he was drafted and why shouldn't he conclude his career while being on his draft team?

honda522
04-12-2009, 10:41 PM
To any real Chiefs fan, we know that Tony is priceless to us. We cannot replace him with no matter how many draft picks.

Other teams might look as if he is only worth a second round to them, but to us he is worth more.

AussieChiefsFan
04-12-2009, 10:45 PM
To any real Chiefs fan, we know that Tony is priceless to us. We cannot replace him with no matter how many draft picks.

Other teams might look as if he is only worth a second round to them, but to us he is worth more.
Thank-you Honda!!!!!!! Someone that sees TG the same way that I do. Priceless.

honda522
04-12-2009, 10:48 PM
:11: I only speak the truth!
Thank-you Honda!!!!!!! Someone that sees TG the same that I do. Priceless.

AussieChiefsFan
04-12-2009, 10:49 PM
:11: I only speak the truth!
And I respect that A LOT!:bananen_smilies046:

Lazeye
04-12-2009, 11:39 PM
I think we will be contenders in 2010, with this year being the jumpstart year and a good cap sitcho next years team with offseason FA pickups and draftees and if tony still here we will be contenders but if tony is gone it will not be until 2011 IMO

DT14PRIEST
04-12-2009, 11:46 PM
IMO one reason we should keep Tony Gonzalez is becasue he has been a part Of the Chiefs ever since he was drafted and why shouldn't he conclude his career while being on his draft team?

Its about looking towards the future. The NFL is a revolving door of talent. Even the most prolific player can be traded if the compensation in return can make the team as a whole better.

Joe Montana rings a bell if you want to look close to home.

Tony G can't get us to the Superbowl alone. He's HoF/AP/PB material no questions asked yet at the end of the day he is one, albeit amazing, player he can't do everything that this team needs now. He's going to go down as a legend, but if the Chiefs can get an extra 1-2 younger/talented players to address needs 'now' through the draft by trading him then they should.

The roster is in need of some desperate help that needs to be addressed sooner rather then later if the Chiefs want to make SB contention a serious reality in the not-to-distant future.

You have to look at the situation objectively. What gives us, the Chiefs, the greatest chance for long term success? Tony G or DT/DE/OL/LB/S of the future in the draft?

Its a crapshoot yea but you won't win anything if you don't put something up.

YZILLA
04-13-2009, 12:50 AM
My opinion is you dont get rid of the most productive player on your team for anything . We have to have Tony this year he is the most reliable player on offense .

Sn@keIze
04-13-2009, 03:21 AM
As for all this talk bout Tony wanting to play for a contender. I sincerely think we have a decent chance of taking the division.

With this turmoil with the Donks..

The Faids being, well, the usual piss poor Al Davis dictated Faids.

And I think the Chargers are on the downward spiral.

You look at the Falcs division..its very competitive. With the Bucs, Panthers and Saints.

So its not crazy for Tony to stay here over the Falcs. if he wants to play for a contender.

chief31
04-13-2009, 03:51 AM
moms have a funny way about beating around bush about a kids mental ability. LOL:drunkhb:

Only yours. :lol:

I really don't like that "Real Chiefs fan" mentality. What unit of measurement is that, to determine a fan's "realness"?

To me, what you are saying here sounds far more like a Tony Gonzales fan, than a Chiefs fan.

But I'm not about to to tell you that you aren't a "Real" Chiefs fan because I disagree with you.

AussieChiefsFan
04-13-2009, 03:58 AM
I really don't like that "Real Chiefs fan" mentality. What unit of measurement is that, to determine a fan's "realness"?

To me, what you are saying here sounds far more like a Tony Gonzales fan, than a Chiefs fan.

But I'm not about to to tell you that you aren't a "Real" Chiefs fan because I disagree with you.
He's just trying to say that it's a stupid idea to trade TG when he is a great contributer to the Chiefs. IMO he has been a part of the Chiefs since he was a rookie, so why not end his career while playing for the same team?

chief31
04-13-2009, 04:11 AM
He's just trying to say that it's a stupid idea to trade TG when he is a great contributer to the Chiefs. IMO he has been a part of the Chiefs since he was a rookie, so why not end his career while playing for the same team?

I know. But saying that any "Real fan" feels this way is telling those who don't agree that they aren't a real fan.

And the only reason to not have TG end his career here is because we want The Chiefs have as much success as possible.

Not just the next season or two. But as much as possible.

That, or if TG himself didn't want to end his career here. He has politely said some things lately.

AussieChiefsFan
04-13-2009, 04:14 AM
I know. But saying that any "Real fan" feels this way is telling those who don't agree that they aren't a real fan.

And the only reason to not have TG end his career here is because we want The Chiefs have as much success as possible.

Not just the next season or two. But as much as possible.

That, or if TG himself didn't want to end his career here. He has politely said some things lately.
So are you saying that Tony Gonzalez doesn't want to play for the Chiefs anymore?

chief31
04-13-2009, 04:50 AM
So are you saying that Tony Gonzalez doesn't want to play for the Chiefs anymore?

I'm not able to say that. But he has stated that he would like to play elsewhere. That certainly runs along the same lines somewhere.

AussieChiefsFan
04-13-2009, 04:57 AM
I'm not able to say that. But he has stated that he would like to play elsewhere. That certainly runs along the same lines somewhere.
Wasn't it finalized that Tony Gonzalez DIDN'T want to play for a different team by Scott Pioli? I'm pretty sure the Pioli DID say that. So tharefore I'm not sure that I can agree with you there.

chief31
04-13-2009, 04:59 AM
Wasn't it finalized that Tony Gonzalez DIDN'T want to play for a different team by Scott Pioli? I'm pretty sure the Pioli DID say that. So tharefore I'm not sure that I can agree with you there.

That is true.

Unfortunately, TG reitterated his interest in being traded, a day or two later.

AussieChiefsFan
04-13-2009, 05:06 AM
That is true.

Unfortunately, TG reitterated his interest in being traded, a day or two later.
That's what I was afraid of.

chief31
04-13-2009, 05:09 AM
That's what I was afraid of.

Well, I may be mistaken.

I think the Pioli statement was after the last report about TG wanting traded.

But there's too much speculation to trust the word of anyone who is handling business.

AussieChiefsFan
04-13-2009, 05:12 AM
Well, I may be mistaken.

I think the Pioli statement was after the last report about TG wanting traded.

But there's too much speculation to trust the word of anyone who is handling business.
IMO he hasn't requested a trade since the first one. (which means TG has given up interest of a trade). But I could be wrong.

Canada
04-13-2009, 06:40 AM

If you would prefer to have a conversation about the value of a TE to a team so that it suits your argument, then that is just fine. However nothing you just stated has anything to do with the fact that Tony G is a valuable asset to this team and your only argument against that is that a team has now won with a great TE since Shannon Sharpe. I know we need other spots to improve but why get rid of a guy that produces?

Now, now, now. Let's not bring mothers into this. Otherwise I'll be forced to list for you all the naughty things I made your mom do for me in bed last night.

Lets get off my mother....after all....I just got off yours!! :bananen_smilies046:

70 chiefsfan70
04-13-2009, 09:18 AM
If TG wants to be traded , we his fans should honor that wish, nobody deserves a super bowl ring more than he does, Thank You Tony for what you have given us ,(the chief fans)

I would hate to see him go, but hope he gets that ring!!!!

and please lets leave moms out of this,thanks

jmlamerson
04-13-2009, 10:07 AM
If you would prefer to have a conversation about the value of a TE to a team so that it suits your argument, then that is just fine. However nothing you just stated has anything to do with the fact that Tony G is a valuable asset to this team and your only argument against that is that a team has now won with a great TE since Shannon Sharpe. I know we need other spots to improve but why get rid of a guy that produces?

What do you think I've been saying since the beginning of the thread? A TE, even a great TE, is not as valuable to a team as are OTs, DTs, and DEs.

Tony is a valuable asset to the team. That's why he has trade value. But he's a TE. He can play to his maximum potential (and he did in 2008) and it won't give us a better record.

If your team's 33-year-old TE is one of your five most valuable players, then you have a bad team. If your team's 33-year-old TE is not one of your five most valuable players, then you can trade him for a 2nd round pick.

Because they were idiots, Herm/CP left the cupboard pretty bare at pretty much every position. We need to focus on getting good players on the OL and DL. When we do, we will have a playoff/championship team.

What would you rather have: (1) seasons in which Tony G. gets 1000 yards and 8 TDs; or (2) seasons in which we win a playoff game? Because you can't have both.

Lets get off my mother....after all....I just got off yours!! :bananen_smilies046:

Your mama is so fat that when I laid on her stomach, I rolled twice and was still in the middle.

Hayvern
04-13-2009, 10:33 AM

The problem with that is you are trading the known for the unknown. We have no way of knowing that 2nd round pick will be productive now, or in the future. The odds are against them.

jmlamerson
04-13-2009, 11:08 AM
The problem with that is you are trading the known for the unknown. We have no way of knowing that 2nd round pick will be productive now, or in the future. The odds are against them.

True. And if Tony were 26 years old, there's no way I'd be suggesting that it would be in our interest to trade him.

But we have a ticking clock on Tony's ability to keep playing at a high level. Probably two years max.

Doesn't it make more sense to take a chance to get a player that could help us make a championship run?

yashi
04-13-2009, 11:09 AM
Unless we win a Super Bowl in the next 2 years, not trading TG for a 2nd round draft pick would be a mistake. I challenge someone to disagree.

Canada
04-13-2009, 11:13 AM
What do you think I've been saying since the beginning of the thread? A TE, even a great TE, is not as valuable to a team as are OTs, DTs, and DEs.

Our TE is more valuable than most OT, DT and DE on on most teams.

Tony is a valuable asset to the team. That's why he has trade value. But he's a TE. He can play to his maximum potential (and he did in 2008) and it won't give us a better record.

Are you kidding me? So Tony Gonzalez has no impact on winning games in KC?? Are you serious??

If your team's 33-year-old TE is one of your five most valuable players, then you have a bad team. If your team's 33-year-old TE is not one of your five most valuable players, then you can trade him for a 2nd round pick.

I am not arguing that they have been a bad team, but that is not because of Tony. You also HOPE that the 2nd rounder has even half the career that TG had.

Because they were idiots, Herm/CP left the cupboard pretty bare at pretty much every position. We need to focus on getting good players on the OL and DL. When we do, we will have a playoff/championship team.

Yeah, than all we will need is a guy to catch the ball. Just because you can trade a guy does not mean that you should trade him.

What would you rather have: (1) seasons in which Tony G. gets 1000 yards and 8 TDs; or (2) seasons in which we win a playoff game? Because you can't have both.

Why can't we have both? If Tony were a WR would we still be having this conversation? I don't get what you are saying here though. If Tony is here then we can't make the playoffs??

Your mama is so fat that when I laid on her stomach, I rolled twice and was still in the middle.

Your mama is so fat she made the newspapers. On page 3,4,5 and 6!!

Canada
04-13-2009, 11:14 AM
Unless we win a Super Bowl in the next 2 years, not trading TG for a 2nd round draft pick would be a mistake. I challenge someone to disagree.

So someone gets to pick the Chiefs and you get the other 31 teams and if they win you get to say ""HA HA" Told ya so. Pretty brave argument ya got. How about you tell me what team we are gonna trade him to that is going to win it!!

Vandelay
04-13-2009, 11:14 AM
Who decided we can't win a superbowl in the next two years?

honda522
04-13-2009, 11:22 AM
This thread should be locked. Its the same argument over and over and we know Tony will not be traded.

I question those who think Tony should be traded. Especially for a nearly a third round pick. Everyone remembers Randy Moss being traded. What was it, a 5th round pick for him? He ended up being worth 2 first round picks IMO.

jmlamerson
04-13-2009, 11:47 AM
Our TE is more valuable than most OT, DT and DE on on most teams.

In a nutshell, this is the basis of our disagreement. I don't think a TE will ever be as valuable as a run-stuffing DT, a great DE, or a legitimate LT. I don't think the TE position itself is valuable enough. Ranking the value of positions (in terms of the ability to replace production), I go: QB, DE, DT, OT, WR, LB, OG, CB, C, S, RB, TE, K, P. You obviously disagree.

My point isn't that Tony is keeping us from the playoffs. In a perfect world, Tony would be on a contending 2009 Chiefs team with solid to great starters at most positions. My point is that a TE should never be considered important enough that we need him to get into the playoffs. If we keep Tony and he gets injured preseason, we shouldn't be forced to say that our playoffs hopes went with him. We need to upgrade our roster badly at many positions, because that is currently our situation. And trading Tony may be the only way to upgrade those positions.

Your mama is so fat she made the newspapers. On page 3,4,5 and 6!!

Your mama is so fat that when she gets on the scale it says "To Be Continued."

Canada
04-13-2009, 01:39 PM
Yo mama so fat she went to the movies and sat next to everyone

pbatrucker
04-13-2009, 02:53 PM
TG is great and I don't really want to see him go, but when you lookto see who might be available at #54, you have to stop and think. There are OT, OG, OC, DE, DT, LB, CB, RB, even Pat White for a third QB/WR/ trick play? If indead the falcons are offering the 54th pick, SP has a tough decision to make.
:bananen_smilies046: :11:

Canada
04-13-2009, 03:41 PM
In the end, trading TG is a gamble that would "hopefully" pay off. Someone said that we have to win in two years. I guarantee that if we are close at the end of the 2010 season, Tony would come back. I am going to keep an eye on the #54 pick in the draft and lets see if he ends up being better than Tony. My guess is he won't.

yashi
04-13-2009, 04:07 PM
In the end, trading TG is a gamble that would "hopefully" pay off. Someone said that we have to win in two years. I guarantee that if we are close at the end of the 2010 season, Tony would come back. I am going to keep an eye on the #54 pick in the draft and lets see if he ends up being better than Tony. My guess is he won't.
That was me.

The question isn't whether he'll have a better career, it's whether he'll be better from this point forward (including when Tony is retired). What happens if we win 5 games next year? TG has already publically said he only has a couple years left in him at the most. That means half of the rest of his career is over, and we lost what could have been a great player for us for a long time.

Tony is the best. I love him, I really do. He's the greatest TE in NFL history, and the #54 pick will probably be nowhere near as good as he is. That being said, maybe I'm being a negative nancy, but looking at our current roster, I can't picture us winning a Super Bowl in the next 2 seasons. Hopefully Pioli and Haley prove me wrong.

Canada
04-13-2009, 04:46 PM
That was me.

The question isn't whether he'll have a better career, it's whether he'll be better from this point forward (including when Tony is retired). What happens if we win 5 games next year? TG has already publically said he only has a couple years left in him at the most. That means half of the rest of his career is over, and we lost what could have been a great player for us for a long time.

Tony is the best. I love him, I really do. He's the greatest TE in NFL history, and the #54 pick will probably be nowhere near as good as he is. That being said, maybe I'm being a negative nancy, but looking at our current roster, I can't picture us winning a Super Bowl in the next 2 seasons. Hopefully Pioli and Haley prove me wrong.

Like I said, its a gamble. If he wants to go and they let him go then I hope we get what we can for him. Personally I want him to stay and retire a Chief. As far as winning a SB in the next 2 years....why not?

northwest
04-13-2009, 07:37 PM
NFL Network's Michael Lombardi reports that there's an "80-85 percent chance" that Tony Gonzalez will be dealt to the Falcons this offseason.

Lombardi says Gonzo has already cleared his Chiefs locker in anticipation of a deal. The Chiefs lost their second-round pick in February's Matt Cassel trade and are reportedly willing to send Gonzalez to Atlanta for the No. 55 overall pick. Gonzo recently turned 33, but obviously can still play. He caught 96 passes for 1,058 yards (11.0 YPC) and 10 touchdowns in 2008.

The above is from Rotoworld.com BTW.

I hate to see my boy go, but maybe it's for the best.

yashi
04-13-2009, 07:49 PM
Interesting... some possibilities jump to mind with that #55 pick, and I like all of them. A lot.

Ron Brace (NT)
Duke Robinson (RG)
Fili Moala/Jarron Gilbert (3-4 DE)
Max Unger (RG/C)

YZILLA
04-13-2009, 07:50 PM
well I posted the TG cleaning out his locker in another thread so sorry for a double post on it. All I gotta say is its gonna be a frickin exciting Draft period for us! I cant wait to be at Arrowhead and hear all the crazy stuff going on in real life ! This time I'm getting Mitch Holthus's autograph . I love that guy !

DT14PRIEST
04-13-2009, 08:14 PM
Just reading around the net and the consensus amongst ATL fans is that they want to keep their draft pick too fill holes rather then trade for an aging TE. I'm sure they'd welcome him but they feel a #2 draft pick is a bit steep to pay.

Which makes it all the more imperative that if the Chiefs can get that #2 they should take it.

Whats the motto that everyones been chanting?

Build through the draft.

AussieChiefsFan
04-13-2009, 10:15 PM
Just reading around the net and the consensus amongst ATL fans is that they want to keep their draft pick too fill holes rather then trade for an aging TE. I'm sure they'd welcome him but they feel a #2 draft pick is a bit steep to pay.

Which makes it all the more imperative that if the Chiefs can get that #2 they should take it.

Build through the draft.
I am glad that Atlanta would like to keep their 2nd draft pick instead of trading for TG because I am a huge TG fan alongside the rest of the roster ofcourse. Although the trade might benafit us, then again, it might not!

tornadospotter
04-14-2009, 01:56 AM

Build through the draft.

Screw that, if it means trading TG. :mob:

AussieChiefsFan
04-14-2009, 02:31 AM
:bananen_smilies046:

hometeam
04-14-2009, 09:40 AM
Kansas city chris, while your enthusiasm is great, in real life, TG is not worth a first rounder, if only becuase of age. Yes he is the greatest TE of all time, yes he had a great season last year, yes he is everything you want in a football player. Yes, he is within the range of 3 years of retirement. GM's wont give up a first rounder for TG, just not gonna happen.

honda522
04-14-2009, 10:44 AM
Word

slimdagreat
04-14-2009, 11:07 AM

I agree with you, and if they are really planning on honoring Waters request, they are going to need to upgrade the entire right side of the OL.

theaxeeffect4311
04-14-2009, 10:37 PM
Kansas city chris, while your enthusiasm is great, in real life, TG is not worth a first rounder, if only becuase of age. Yes he is the greatest TE of all time, yes he had a great season last year, yes he is everything you want in a football player. Yes, he is within the range of 3 years of retirement. GM's wont give up a first rounder for TG, just not gonna happen.

It's not a matter of whether Tony is worth a first round pick. If I was the GM, that is the asking price I would put out there. Because if anyone actually takes you up on that deal, great! You essentially made got back what you put in for Tony. It's more than you could have expected, so it's a no brainer. Someone may respond, how about this pair of picks instead because a first-rounder is too steep. You may listen, but not take it serious because maybe you do not even want to trade Tony. It is like a few years ago when teams were asking the Eagles about McNabb. What did the Eagles say? 3 first rounds. That is a ludicrous price for a thirty year old QB fresh off ACL surgery. But if someone was willing to shell out 3 first rounds, there would have been no hestitation on the Eagles part. It's all about the look. By putting an actual value asking price, you are telling your player that he is only worth this much to you. Instead, if you put a high price tag on a player, you are saying that teams have to pay an arm or a leg to take this player from my team. And if the player stays on the team, no feelings hurt because you have a high amount of value in him. It's basically saying that you don't want to trade him, but if you can get a desperate team to agree to that kind of deal, then even better.

But I would like to keep Tony G.

RaiderHater61
04-14-2009, 11:17 PM
I have to agree with hometeam. TG is worth much more to us. I think we would be lucky to get a 2nd round pick for him.

hometeam
04-14-2009, 11:28 PM
Haha im just sayin while he may be everything for us, a first rounder is not realistic. I hope he stays just as much as anyone else, he is worth more to us than he is to any other team in the league~

AussieChiefsFan
04-14-2009, 11:48 PM
How can you say it doesn't matter to you? TG has been playing for us his entire career and that means nothing to you? You might wanna start watchin how you word things bro, everyone has an oppinion but realize your on a chat forum with nothing but Hardcore Chiefs fans and today alone you have made some posts that actually forced Tornadospotter to basically tell you to stop coming here and the attitude your exuming is totally negative. What he is done so he don't matter to you? Thats cold dude, LJ might deserve it but not Gonzo he has been the Poster child for the Chiefs his entire career.
you tell him KCChris!!!! Rep added!!

AussieChiefsFan
04-15-2009, 12:12 AM
Hell Yea ;) !!!!!!1:bananen_smilies046::yahoo::11:
:bananen_smilies046:

Bike
04-15-2009, 09:10 AM
Pioli is stock-piling vets to help rebuild this team. Why would he trade away the most productive TE in NFL history? I don't see it happening. I hope TG stays and gets his ring right here...
If he does go, It should be for a 1st round pick...
My only concern is getting Cottam more involved with the offense. Maybe some more 2-TE sets...
BTW, your mom is so fat that when she sits around the house, she sits AROUND the house.

Canada
04-15-2009, 09:20 AM
Yo mama so fat when she plays hopscotch, she goes New York, L.A., Chicago...

GlennBree
04-15-2009, 01:38 PM
:funnypost: :D

Bike
04-15-2009, 01:43 PM
Your mom is so fat that when she blows her shorts the KC sewage treatment plant has to close shop for more room...

yashi
04-15-2009, 01:50 PM
yo mama so fat we gonna draft her in the 3rd round to play nose tackle. :drums:

dbolan
04-16-2009, 09:06 AM
Yo Mama is so fat her blood type is Rocky Road.

AussieChiefsFan
04-16-2009, 10:25 AM
Post these jokes in "The Yo Mama Official thread".

Pro_Angler
04-16-2009, 11:08 AM
your momma is so fat that she fell over and broke her leg and gravy poured out

AussieChiefsFan
04-16-2009, 11:08 AM
your momma is so fat that she fell over and broke her leg and gravy poured out
ok................ :|

Bike
04-16-2009, 11:30 AM
I really need to grow up.

pachiefsfan
04-16-2009, 11:46 AM
couldnt agree more

prough91
04-16-2009, 11:47 AM
TG has said he wants to be traded. TG has said he will only play 2 or 3 years more at most. If this was anyone else we would want to ship him. I say trade him for the 2nd round pick and hope for the best. Even if the pick is a marginal player, it's better to have a player on the field than to have one sitting at home watching the game on TV.

pachiefsfan
04-16-2009, 11:47 AM
why not trade lj and tony to the eagles for a first round pick?

jmlamerson
04-16-2009, 12:14 PM
why not trade lj and tony to the eagles for a first round pick?

Because the Eagles aren't dumb enough to take that trade?

Canada
04-16-2009, 01:30 PM
Yo Mamma jokes are kinda juvinile , especially when you get to my age as my mother has been dead for16 years. That is longer then some of you are alive so please be carefull when you do these sort of jokes on a public forum as you never know what type of result a joke like that can promote. As for TG possible going to ATL, I have heard so many different things about that I doubt the validity of the deal.
The NFL Network is calling the CHiefs schedule the hardest schedule in the 32 team league based on the NFC East run we have. We play all 4 teams back to back, if we can win 2 of those games , we could do very well the remainder of the season IMO.

dude lighten up. They are jokes. No one is taking it personally. I am sorry that your mother passed away 16 years ago but asking the internet to stop makin yo mama jokes aint gonna bring her back brother. :bananen_smilies046:

AussieChiefsFan
04-18-2009, 10:08 PM
I aint askin the internet to stop but this is a thread regarding TG, the jokes should be in the joke forum to be honest. The last thing I would want is to post about TG and the Falcons and have some juvinile call me out with a yo momma joke. LOL , that would be uncool.

As for TG, doubtfull it will happen unless they make a totally impressive deal for him as Pioli isn't interested in making deals for any of the under contract players according to the interview him and Haley had.:smile: