PDA

View Full Version : Can someone explain this to me?

honda522
04-14-2009, 01:05 AM
There are 16 games in a season. 32 teams in the league.
32\2 = 16

So why can't every team have 1 MNF game a year, instead of a team like the Faiders having 2 a year and the Chiefs having 0 in the past 4 years?

AussieChiefsFan
04-14-2009, 01:12 AM
I don't really know. It is quite odd. But how much do Monday night football games matter?

DT14PRIEST
04-14-2009, 01:48 AM
I don't really know. It is quite odd. But how much do Monday night football games matter?

Its a showcase game for the NFL to pit teams that the casual fan would want to watch

There's a reason why teams with poor records don't get prime time games, especially a team with a poor record and a small market. Its not about fairness on MNF its about what attracts the casual/bandwagon fan to watch football, get ratings, and generate big $$$.

Just imagine last year. Would you want to watch the MNF game featuring the Lions?

Edit: Lions is a bad example they get the Thanksgiving day game every year, how about the Rams?

Vanilla Garilla
04-14-2009, 01:51 AM
I don't know, but it drives me absolutely bonkers that we hardly ever have a Monday Night game. We will find out soon whether or not we get lucky this year.

Canada
04-14-2009, 09:26 AM
Its a showcase game for the NFL to pit teams that the casual fan would want to watch

There's a reason why teams with poor records don't get prime time games, especially a team with a poor record and a small market. Its not about fairness on MNF its about what attracts the casual/bandwagon fan to watch football, get ratings, and generate big $$$.

Just imagine last year. Would you want to watch the MNF game featuring the Lions?

Edit: Lions is a bad example they get the Thanksgiving day game every year, how about the Rams?

fubbalo get the first MNF game of the year!! Explain that. :bananen_smilies046:

Argo
04-14-2009, 09:50 AM
Well, to be fair , we had like a 1,000 mnf in the 90īs when the team was better. Including that MNF against Denver, oohh my, Elway v.s. Montana, last minute score... wait what? 4 years!?!

That sucks

cheers

pbatrucker
04-14-2009, 09:56 AM
With everything going on with the Chiefs we might be considered interesting again. We'll find out tuesday.
:11:

Jetski
04-14-2009, 10:12 AM
If I didn't have the Sunday Ticket, I would want as many games as possible to be on Monday night so I could actually watch a game, but since that isn't an issue I don't really care one way or another. It kind of drives me crazy to wait till Monday to watch them play. Heck, I can't hardly wait till 3:00 when they don't play at noon.

hometeam
04-14-2009, 10:34 AM
Monday night games arent even the marquis game anymore, its the sunday night game now.

Also, its all about fan base and revenue for ESPN, and, whether we KC fans like it or not, oakland has a large fanbase~

honda522
04-14-2009, 11:03 AM
Monday night games arent even the marquis game anymore, its the sunday night game now.

Also, its all about fan base and revenue for ESPN, and, whether we KC fans like it or not, oakland has a large fanbase~
I think KC has a large fan base to. I mean look at the people from around the country here.

People go to arrowhead with no ticket and just tailgate the whole.

Canada
04-14-2009, 11:14 AM

KC has season ticket holders from every state in the US. Oakland has fans cause Public Enemy used to be cool.

I think KC has a large fan base to. I mean look at the people from around the countrIES here.

People go to arrowhead with no ticket and just tailgate the whole.

FYP!! :bananen_smilies046:

honda522
04-14-2009, 11:15 AM
KC has season ticket holders from every state in the US. Oakland has fans cause Public Enemy used to be cool.

FYP!! :bananen_smilies046:
Whats FYP?

Canada
04-14-2009, 11:15 AM
Whats FYP?

Fixed your Post!!

honda522
04-14-2009, 11:43 AM
Fixed your Post!!
Oh got ya ;) :lol:

slimdagreat
04-14-2009, 12:17 PM
The Monday Night games are based on projected record as well as the expected performance of a team's newly acquired talent, albeit Free Agency or through the draft.

KC didn't have anything intriguing enough to warrant a MNF game last season, and probably not this year either. The Faiders have Russell, McFadden and crazy Al Davis.

Canada
04-14-2009, 03:34 PM
The Monday Night games are based on projected record as well as the expected performance of a team's newly acquired talent, albeit Free Agency or through the draft.

KC didn't have anything intriguing enough to warrant a MNF game last season, and probably not this year either. The Faiders have Russell, McFadden and crazy Al Davis.

That still does not explain fubbalo getting a MNF game.

honda522
04-14-2009, 03:56 PM
I looked at the teams last year that played a monday night game, and Oak, MIN, PHI, DEN had 2 MNF games last year. I think its fair that each team should get 1 monday night game a year.

wichitaj
04-14-2009, 04:51 PM
Not a chance the Chiefs get a monday night game this year. Remember last years nightmare of Buffalo and Cleveland getting mulitple blaaahhh games. LOL
MNF does it for the money. Raiders have a larger PULL than the chiefs, sorry.

then again houston got a game, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

tornadospotter
04-14-2009, 05:00 PM
I remember a time when we had 2 MNF in the same season. I not sure what season, but I bet somebody does.

Three7s
04-14-2009, 05:01 PM
The only team that we ever get matched up with on Monday Night is the Broncos. Why? Because it was considered a huge rivalry. The Broncos are gonna stink next year and the Chiefs should be mediocre. If we get on Monday Night, it'll be against the Steelers, Giants, Eagles, or Cowboys. Seeing as those teams are ALWAYS on Monday Night.

Chief Tyler
04-14-2009, 05:19 PM
Not a chance the Chiefs get a monday night game this year. Remember last years nightmare of Buffalo and Cleveland getting mulitple blaaahhh games. LOL
MNF does it for the money. Raiders have a larger PULL than the chiefs, sorry.

then again houston got a game, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Monday nights blow for football anyway, can't make an entire day out of a Chiefs game when you're stuck at work/school/whatever obligations you have on Monday.

Chiefs games have three parts. Prep, game, party. Monday nights allow for only the game. Boring.....-_-

honda522
04-14-2009, 05:22 PM
the Chiefs should be mediocre.
Not now, starting this year.

hometeam
04-14-2009, 05:24 PM
MNF used to be the prime time game. Now, its not. What used to be MNF is now sunday night football, that is the main attraction game now~

MNF is the red headed step child of the 'premium' SNF games~

Hence why Bufallo and other teams are getting MNF slots. Heck, who cares if KC doesnt get a slot, Id rather have the game at any time slot on sunday~

DT14PRIEST
04-14-2009, 08:08 PM
That still does not explain fubbalo getting a MNF game.

Buffalo has several things going for them that aren't directly related to their own success/failures:

- T.O.
- Tom Brady
- New England
- Lynch suspension

Its more a case in point for the New England Pats to get the game then it is for Buffalo.

Canada
04-15-2009, 09:02 AM
Buffalo has several things going for them that aren't directly related to their own success/failures:

- T.O.
- Tom Brady
- New England
- Lynch suspension

Its more a case in point for the New England Pats to get the game then it is for Buffalo.

Then back to the original question of why dosen't every team get one. At least maybe every two years? We are playing the SB Champs and the NFC East this year.

Bike
04-15-2009, 09:22 AM
MNF used to be the prime time game. Now, its not. What used to be MNF is now sunday night football, that is the main attraction game now~

MNF is the red headed step child of the 'premium' SNF games~

Hence why Bufallo and other teams are getting MNF slots. Heck, who cares if KC doesnt get a slot, Id rather have the game at any time slot on sunday~
I agree MNF doesn't have the widespread audience with cable as it did on ABC. And east/west coast teams have larger populations hence more viewers and usually get more prime-time games...

DT14PRIEST
04-15-2009, 02:21 PM
Then back to the original question of why dosen't every team get one. At least maybe every two years? We are playing the SB Champs and the NFC East this year.

I can't really answer why the we haven't gotten one in like 4 years, its probably East Coast/West Coast bias. But 4-12 and 2-14 in back to back seasons tend to cause media heads to be wary of giving prime time games to small market teams.

Bike
04-15-2009, 02:39 PM
Its ok. I gotta feeling we'll be in a couple prime-time games come january...

Canada
04-15-2009, 04:14 PM
I don't really care at the end of the day, Iprefer watching the Chiefs on Sunday afternoon. I book every Sunday during football season off so that I never miss a game. I just think that MNF should be renamed Monday Night Bandwagon team football!!

Bike
04-15-2009, 04:16 PM
I don't really care at the end of the day, Iprefer watching the Chiefs on Sunday afternoon. I book every Sunday during football season off so that I never miss a game. I just think that MNF should be renamed Monday Night Bandwagon team football!!

honda522
04-15-2009, 11:58 PM
What the hell do you do?

Canada
04-16-2009, 09:52 AM
What the hell do you do?

for fun? Drink beer

for a living? paramedic/teacher

but I mostly drink beer :bananen_smilies046:

dbolan
04-16-2009, 10:14 AM
for fun? Drink beer

So, do you teach people how to consume beer, then if they become overly intoxicated, you teach them how to resusitate themselves? Now that would come in handy!

:funnypost: :lol:

Canada
04-16-2009, 10:16 AM
So, do you teach people how to consume beer, then if they become overly intoxicated, you teach them how to resusitate themselves? Now that would come in handy!

:funnypost: :lol:

Sounds like u would make a good student!! :bananen_smilies046:

prough91
04-16-2009, 12:20 PM
Monday nights blow for football anyway, can't make an entire day out of a Chiefs game when you're stuck at work/school/whatever obligations you have on Monday.

Chiefs games have three parts. Prep, game, party. Monday nights allow for only the game. Boring.....-_-

Your forgot one. Recover from hangover.

Canada
04-16-2009, 12:23 PM
Your forgot one. Recover from hangover.

there is no hangover if u dont stop drinkin' :sign0104:

dbolan
04-16-2009, 12:58 PM
Sounds like u would make a good student!! :bananen_smilies046:
LOL! How much is the course? :toast2:

Canada
04-16-2009, 01:07 PM
LOL! How much is the course? :toast2:

Just the cost of beer. It all really depends on if u want the beginners course (taught by prough91) or the advanced course (taught by me!!) :D

tornadospotter
04-16-2009, 01:15 PM
Just the cost of beer. It all really depends on if u want the beginners course (taught by prough91) or the advanced course (taught by me!!) :D
Begginners course, bring a beer.
advanced course, bring a beer truck.

wichitaj
04-16-2009, 01:28 PM
for fun? Drink beer

can you teach me how to pour a beer into glass without it foaming all down the sides? I can't seem to get the hang of it.

tornadospotter
04-16-2009, 01:31 PM
can you teach me how to pour a beer into glass without it foaming all down the sides? I can't seem to get the hang of it.
YouTube - HOW TO POUR BEER - CHOW

tornadospotter
04-16-2009, 01:33 PM
Or you can do this method.
YouTube - Beer pouring contraption (rube goldberg style)

Canada
04-16-2009, 02:14 PM

Why pour beer into a glass when it already comes in a glass?

tornadospotter
04-16-2009, 03:16 PM
Why pour beer into a glass when it already comes in a glass?
Good point, I would agree, except for frosty mugs, Yummy!

YouTube - Draft beer machine in Kyoto, Japan

I want one of those!:D

Canada
04-16-2009, 06:29 PM
I have a different use for frosty mugs. Its Awesome!!

Vanilla Garilla
04-16-2009, 06:32 PM

What might that be?

tornadospotter
04-16-2009, 07:22 PM

What might that be?
Do share, all thought I might regret! Share.

tornadospotter
04-16-2009, 07:22 PM
:D Tell us a story, with pictures!

IlovetheChiefs
04-16-2009, 08:30 PM
It was pretty cool when I first strated following football in the 70's and pretty much every team had a MNF game. There was one game in 1975 where the Jets were 2-9 at San Diego who was 0-11. Chargers got their first win, btw. I was hoping they'd go winless.

We're on our way back and, hence, should be getting primetime games again in the future. I don't really mind either whether all our games are on Sunday afternoon or not, other than the fact that a primetime game would guarantee I get to see the Chiefs on my tv here in Philly.

Sn@keIze
04-16-2009, 09:32 PM
Whatever happened to playing your way into primetime on Sunday nights?

Are they still doing that?

Canada
04-17-2009, 02:13 AM
Do share, all thought I might regret! Share.

:D Tell us a story, with pictures!

Can't...its illegal!! :D

tornadospotter
04-17-2009, 02:29 AM
Can't...its illegal!! :D
Yes you are right, cold beer in a frosty mug, is most likely illegal in Canada.

Canada
04-17-2009, 08:24 AM
Yes you are right, cold beer in a frosty mug, is most likely illegal in Canada.

Who said I was putting beer in it?

tornadospotter
04-17-2009, 09:41 AM
Who said I was putting beer in it?
I do not think I want to know anymore. I am a little afraid of what you might be putting in that mug now!
YouTube - The First Frosted Mug of A&W Root Beer by Trucker George

:D