PDA

View Full Version : who wins and loses the divison???

BallHawk92
04-14-2009, 04:29 PM
the afc west has change alot this offseason mostly chiefs and broncos. this can be a very though battle this season. who do you think wins and loses the divison? I'm taking the chiefs to win. and going for the upset radiers second.:lol: chargers third:bananen_smilies046: broncos to lose

honda522
04-14-2009, 04:32 PM
1st Chiefs (9-7)
2nd Raiders (7-9)
3rd Chargers (6-10)
4th Donkeys (3-13)

Oh yea, thats what I am predicting! :D

tornadospotter
04-14-2009, 04:37 PM
Chiefs win, do not care how the rest of the west, end!

honda522
04-14-2009, 04:39 PM
Chiefs win, the rest of the west will do awful
Totally fixed that for you.

bigpoppachief
04-14-2009, 04:48 PM
I think we will be in a situation like last year with the west coming down to the last weeks. I think the chiefs are going to win but honestly I do not see the chargers doing that badly. They have a returning Shawne merriman who I hate to say is a nightmare. The raiders think because they have garcia they are going to do something but the fact is they will still suck because thats just what the raiders do :D The donks will want to fir Mcdaniels after one year ! Chiefs win and I think the Donks and Faiders vie for last

tornadospotter
04-14-2009, 04:49 PM
Totally fixed that for you.
That will work also.

Vanilla Garilla
04-14-2009, 04:51 PM
1st Chiefs (9-7)
2nd Raiders (7-9)
3rd Chargers (6-10)
4th Donkeys (3-13)

Oh yea, thats what I am predicting! :D

Good predictions, but I think the chargers will be neck and neck with the Chiefs at somewhere around 8-10 wins.

jmlamerson
04-14-2009, 04:56 PM
the afc west has change alot this offseason mostly chiefs and broncos. this can be a very though battle this season. who do you think wins and loses the divison? I'm taking the chiefs to win. and going for the upset radiers second.:lol: chargers third:bananen_smilies046: broncos to lose
Waaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to early to know. Let's wait until drafts, camps, and FA end first!

jb908
04-14-2009, 04:57 PM
Chargers win the division by 3 or 4 games.
Chiefs and broncos will be close to each other behind them...
Raiders... They suck.

I love the chiefs, but i can't say they are ready to beat the chargers, yet.

Canada
04-14-2009, 05:13 PM
I think we will be in a situation like last year with the west coming down to the last weeks. I think the chiefs are going to win but honestly I do not see the chargers doing that badly. They have a returning Shawne merriman who I hate to say is a nightmare. The raiders think because they have garcia they are going to do something but the fact is they will still suck because thats just what the raiders do :D The donks will want to fir Mcdaniels after one year ! Chiefs win and I think the Donks and Faiders vie for last

Yeah but he is Roidless now!! :D And he is just a fat announcer now!! :fatlock:

bigpoppachief
04-14-2009, 05:13 PM
Raiders... They suck.

I agree that the chargers and Chiefs will be th ebest in the west but the chargers are not what they used to be either. I think we will split with the chargers in the division beating them at home and them ebating us in SD so I think that it will come down to who has the better division record who goes to the playoffs. I could see us both being 8-8 or 9-7 and that determining who goes to the PO and who stays home.

Chief Tyler
04-14-2009, 05:14 PM
Raiders... They suck.

As long as Norv is coaching that team anything is possible. A couple years from now I bet they're in the same situation we were from 2007 up to the current. He's a born loser.

jmlamerson
04-14-2009, 05:17 PM
As long as Norv is coaching that team anything is possible. A couple years from now I bet they're in the same situation we were from 2007 up to the current. He's a born loser.

Not to be the guy defending Norv Turner, but he's taken the Chargers to the Divisional Round of the playoffs and the AFC Championship in his two years there. He's coached the team better than Marty ever did.

Canada
04-14-2009, 05:19 PM
Not to be the guy defending Norv Turner, but he's taken the Chargers to the Divisional Round of the playoffs and the AFC Championship in his two years there. He's coached the team better than Marty ever did.

He coached Martys team and only made them worse.

yashi
04-14-2009, 05:31 PM
Haha, you're the guy defending Norval! :pointlaugh:

They were without Merriman last year and still made the playoffs I guess....... but I don't know how much of that is Norval and how much is having great personnel. Probably mostly personnel, not Norval Eugene.

hometeam
04-14-2009, 05:56 PM
which merriman will we see?

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2009/04/24.jpg

hahah!

But seriously. Chiefs CAN win the division. chiefs SHOULD win the division. And, with Herm gone, I feel they WILL win the division! Chargers are on the down, I think Broncs are down, and raiders well.. they are the raiders.

Chiefster
04-14-2009, 06:10 PM
I know who will win the division!!!!!!

...The team with the best win/loss record.

jmlamerson
04-14-2009, 06:17 PM

Under Marty - 0 playoff wins.

Under Norv - 3 playoff wins.

Under Marty - 0 AFC Championship appearances.

Under Norv - 1 AFC Championship appearance.

Norv is the anti-Marty. He does badly in the regular season, but great in the playoffs. And as regular season champs don't get a trophy, Norv>>>Marty in San Diego.

BallHawk92
04-14-2009, 06:22 PM
Waaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to early to know. Let's wait until drafts, camps, and FA end first!

I know it is to early but it does hurt to start thinking about to upcoming season

honda522
04-14-2009, 06:50 PM
Yep, Word.

honda522
04-14-2009, 06:51 PM
which merriman will we see?

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2009/04/24.jpg

hahah!

But seriously. Chiefs CAN win the division. chiefs SHOULD win the division. And, with Herm gone, I feel they WILL win the division! Chargers are on the down, I think Broncs are down, and raiders well.. they are the raiders.
What is the differance?

DT14PRIEST
04-14-2009, 07:57 PM
What is the differance?

One is on roids the other isnt

hometeam
04-14-2009, 09:53 PM

that ^

honda522
04-14-2009, 10:43 PM
Ah :lol:

bigpoppachief
04-14-2009, 11:17 PM

DUDE are you serious ? If they would of kept Marty they would of won the superbowl by now !

honda522
04-14-2009, 11:19 PM
DUDE are you serious ? If they would of kept Marty they would of won the superbowl by now !
yea, i agree. kinda.

Marty is way better than Norv.

bigpoppachief
04-14-2009, 11:20 PM
yah right chiefs 9-7 look at there schedule.
1.Chargers 8-8
2.Broncos 6-10
3.Chiefs5-11 or 4-12
4.3-13 or 4-12
Personally broncos have 2 first rounders and it not like they have no QB.I think mine is pretty spot on at this point.the "ors"depend on draft.I know you'll dis me for making the chiefs so bad.Boo-Hoo atleast I don't run around saying super bowl year or 16-0.

The bronchoes will not be better then the Chiefs Seriously ! The chiefs are looking to make a good run. we play most of the best teams not in our division at home ! I mean yeah it sucks to start the season in BAL but hey they are not the same team they were last year and I thin the loss of bart Scott wil make thier d not look as good. I know we are nto going to the super bowl but I do think we will either make it as a WC or be damn close !

bigpoppachief
04-14-2009, 11:21 PM
What is the differance?

Hes a bit smaller and Lighter LMAO does roids affect skin color ?

hometeam
04-14-2009, 11:24 PM
The bottom pic is when he came into the league, the top pic is a bit later.

looks like he got his tat removed and got out in the sun.

He will still be near the size of the top :P

jmlamerson
04-14-2009, 11:28 PM

You're being sarcastic, right? Marty choked with a whole lot better teams than the 2007 and 2008 Chargers. Like every Chiefs team in the mid-90s.

Yeah, I'm still bitter.

honda522
04-14-2009, 11:37 PM
You're being sarcastic, right? Marty choked with a whole lot better teams than the 2007 and 2008 Chargers. Like every Chiefs team in the mid-90s.

Yeah, I'm still bitter.
Marty had a good season. Just the post season seem to give him trouble.

jmlamerson
04-14-2009, 11:46 PM
Marty had a good season. Just the post season seem to give him trouble.

Yeah, that's my point. Norv has bad regular seasons and good postseasons. The Chargers got closer to a SB with Norv than Marty ever dreamed.

How are you all defending Marty? After his pissed away the great Chiefs teams of the 90s and the great Chargers teams of the 00s with truly idiotic playoff decisions?

tammietailgator
04-14-2009, 11:57 PM
I agree with Tornado.... Chiefs to win and who cares about the rest!

tornadospotter
04-15-2009, 12:04 AM
I agree with Tornado.... Chiefs to win and who cares about the rest!
Got to love this Chief Chick, she is great!!! Nice to see a post from you tt. You the best.

okikcfan
04-15-2009, 01:45 AM
Ok, here's my prediction, 11-5, Cassell will rock the house this season, Bowe will have a break out year, Tony G will break even more records, Curry will be only 1 shy of having a first year sack record, "TOUCHDOWN KANSAS CITY" will be heard over and over again and Kansas City's fan base will move up another notch from 2nd to 1st. We will win the afc west and next year will be even better! Put THAT in your pipe and smoke it!..lol

Canada
04-15-2009, 08:07 AM

Norv is the anti-Marty. He does badly in the regular season, but great in the playoffs. And as regular season champs don't get a trophy, Norv>>>Marty in San Diego.

Yeah, good thing the players had nothing to do with Marty losing in the playoffs. I forget who the player was but I believe they had one of the CBs drop a pass right into his hands to lose and not get to the AFC Champ game. How could Marty do such a thing? It must be the players that gets teams to 12 and 13 wins and the coaching that loses in the end!!

bigpoppachief
04-15-2009, 08:42 AM
Yeah, good thing the players had nothing to do with Marty losing in the playoffs. I forget who the player was but I believe they had one of the CBs drop a pass right into his hands to lose and not get to the AFC Champ game. How could Marty do such a thing? It must be the players that gets teams to 12 and 13 wins and the coaching that loses in the end!!

Exactly !!!!!!!!!!!!!! People always try and blame coaches but honestly it comes down to the players. I mean especially when he coaches them to a good season record in the end it comes down to the players

KottkeKU
04-15-2009, 03:25 PM
1.) Chargers - 11-5 (Phillip Rivers + Shawne Merriman!!)
2.) Chiefs - 7-9
3.) Donks - 5-11
3.) Raiders - 5-11

Rivers was very quietly one of the best QBs in the league last season...no reason to expect much less this time around with a healthy Antonio Gates...they need OL help badly though (thanks to Pioli for signing Goff!!!)

And Merriman at 80% is still a force to be reckoned with combined with Luis Castillo and the other NT they have (cant remember his name)...Jamall Williams perhaps? not sure..anyways, they also have good young corners so their defense will still be top 10, top 15 at worst...The Chargers will be good next season. Chiefs will be better, but not good enough to make the playoffs. sorry guys.

Bike
04-15-2009, 03:31 PM
Bolts wil be lucky to go 8-8
Merriman = cooked
Chiefs win AFC West

chief31
04-16-2009, 04:28 AM
Good predictions, but I think the chargers will be neck and neck with the Chiefs at somewhere around 8-10 wins.

I don't know what to expect from The Bolts. Norv has made that team worse and worse, and it is chock full of talent.

The loss of Goff is definitely something that could destroy them.

But they do still have alot of really good players.

Agreed.

He's gotten by with a fantastic squad.

He has had more overall success, but surely you've noticed how the team just isn't as good.

With Marty, they used to dominate the best division in The NFL.

With Norv, they are squeaking by the weakest division in the league.

Yeah, that's my point. Norv has bad regular seasons and good postseasons. The Chargers got closer to a SB with Norv than Marty ever dreamed.

How are you all defending Marty? After his pissed away the great Chiefs teams of the 90s and the great Chargers teams of the 00s with truly idiotic playoff decisions?

Not so much defending Marty, as acknowledging that Norv is not a good head coach.

Crawdadr
04-16-2009, 02:10 PM
Chiefs (8-8)
Chargers (7-9)
Raiders (7-9)
Broncos (5-11)

I think it is going to be realy close. But I also think the Broncos are going to go through an adjustment faze and just suck this year. But I also think that the raiders are going to supprise some people and do better then exspected.

Sn@keIze
04-16-2009, 06:47 PM
Exactly !!!!!!!!!!!!!! People always try and blame coaches but honestly it comes down to the players. I mean especially when he coaches them to a good season record in the end it comes down to the players
Really? So how do the players perform if the damn coaches dont let them play?

Im referring basically to the Rich Gannon benching.

As to my predictions:

Chiefs 9-7

Chargers 7-9

Donks 7-9

Faids 5-11

IlovetheChiefs
04-16-2009, 07:00 PM
Even Herm Edwards whipped the Dolts in '07 and almost beat them twice in '08. Chiefs beat the Dolts twice this year. Chiefs also beat the Faders twice and go back on track to another 9 in a row against them. And I think the Chiefs just may finally beat the Donks in Denver.

So for sure, Chiefs win the AFC West.

Pro_Angler
04-17-2009, 10:18 AM

Yeah, I'm still bitter.

Marty choked??? Cough BS cough/// the players choked!!!! The coaches are not as responsable for a team losing like you think. Its the players faults. The coach isnt on the field making the plays

Canada
04-17-2009, 03:08 PM
No they don't run the plays but they do call the plays and Marty's predictability is as easy to read as the Sunday News Paper. That is the reason he has yet to win a Championship, his play calling in big situations are easy to predict. Big players make big plays in big games and when those big players are running a Mearty ball Offense, they struggle against players that know whats coming next. Thats why the Browns didn't get a Championship nor the Chiefs or the Chargers. The mans system is just to easy to beat out.

Tehn how did he end up putting so many teams in the playoffs? Blame a coach for a 2-14 season, but not when a player sh!ts the bed in the playoffs. Thats just lame

honda522
04-17-2009, 03:57 PM
Tehn how did he end up putting so many teams in the playoffs? Blame a coach for a 2-14 season, but not when a player sh!ts the bed in the playoffs. Thats just lame
Oh man, that was great Canada. :bananen_smilies046: