PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs 2009 NFL Schedule

honda522
04-14-2009, 07:03 PM
DID YOU FORGET?!

Chiefs: Schedule sets up for worst-to-first (http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80fb3c23&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true)

Vanilla Garilla
04-14-2009, 07:05 PM
It looks promising. I wish we would have had at least one night game though!

Coach
04-14-2009, 07:05 PM
Wk

Date

Matchup

Time (ET)

Sun. Sep. 13

at Ravens

1:00 PM

Sun. Sep. 20

vs. Raiders

Sun. Sep. 27

at Eagles

Sun. Oct. 04

vs. Giants

Sun. Oct. 11

vs. Cowboys

Sun. Oct. 18

at Redskins

Sun. Oct. 25

vs. Chargers

Sun. Nov. 01

BYE

Sun. Nov. 08

at Jaguars

Sun. Nov. 15

at Raiders

4:05 PM

Sun. Nov. 22

vs. Steelers

Sun. Nov. 29

at Chargers

4:05 PM

Sun. Dec. 06

vs. Broncos

Sun. Dec. 13

vs. Bills

Sun. Dec. 20

vs. Browns

Sun. Dec. 27

at Bengals

Sun. Jan. 03

at Broncos

4:15 PM

honda522
04-14-2009, 07:06 PM
Why do we always play the Bungels?

Coach
04-14-2009, 07:06 PM
Raiders for the home opener again. Sept. 20th.

Coach
04-14-2009, 07:08 PM
16-0 Prediction. I just wanted to beat Canada to it.

Vanilla Garilla
04-14-2009, 07:08 PM
Raiders for the home opener again. Sept. 20th.

I know, Thats who i went to see last year, and wanted the Cowgirls this year. Awww well.

Drunker Hillbilly
04-14-2009, 08:27 PM
Promising? Seriously?

Three7s
04-14-2009, 08:34 PM
6-10

Vanilla Garilla
04-14-2009, 08:42 PM
Promising? Seriously?

What, are you scared of all those teams. After week 12, we do not have to face one team that made the playoffs last year. What doesn't kill us will make us stronger, and our whole division has it pretty bad with the NFC East. There are a quite a few tougher schedules than ours. The Steelers had the toughest schedule last year, and look at how they did. Every team has the opportunity to win every game, like they say "Any Given Sunday".

honda522
04-14-2009, 09:41 PM
I don't understand why we have to play Baltimore for the first team.

Vandelay
04-14-2009, 09:45 PM
I don't understand why we have to play Baltimore for the first team.
Hey, we gotta play someone. Might be a good thing we get them first game, before they get rollin'. We even gave the Pats a run for their money in the opener last year. We'll have a shot to win.

AussieChiefsFan
04-14-2009, 10:00 PM
That would look nice wouldn't it.:bananen_smilies046:

Vandelay
04-14-2009, 10:21 PM
Are you kidding me? The NFL Network has Carl Petersen on to talk about the AFC West!He is saying he wishes the Raiders the best and hoping the Chiefs can survive it. GOD I HATE THAT GUY!!!!!! He wouldn't make a pick but he didn't mention the Donks and he basically praised the Faiders, I think that a$$ is gonna try to get in with our damn enemy guys and gals! If he does I will hate him for life I will change my name to CPHater!
Did he actually say that? Really?

Vanilla Garilla
04-14-2009, 10:28 PM
Are you kidding me? The NFL Network has Carl Petersen on to talk about the AFC West!He is saying he wishes the Raiders the best and hoping the Chiefs can survive it. GOD I HATE THAT GUY!!!!!! He wouldn't make a pick but he didn't mention the Donks and he basically praised the Faiders, I think that a$$ is gonna try to get in with our damn enemy guys and gals! If he does I will hate him for life I will change my name to CPHater!
I think our schedule is awsome, we will know where we stand with the leagues upper teams and if we don't know that how can we prepare for it. If we have atleast a 8 - 8 year it could mean a Division title after what we witnessed last year.

Wow, what a complete trader to the Hunt Family. Go cuddle up with Al Davis, see if we care. Heck, I wish you would become their personnel director, as you would be doing us a favor.

Vandelay
04-14-2009, 10:29 PM
our momentum will be killed when were 2-9 by week 12,I'm Sorry but that schedule best record I see us getting is 5-11 might as well go 0-16 better draft pick.
Way to stay positive.

DT14PRIEST
04-14-2009, 10:31 PM
Did he actually say that? Really?

Yes its on NFL.com in the videos section.

tornadospotter
04-14-2009, 10:34 PM
our momentum will be killed when were 2-9 by week 12,I'm Sorry but that schedule best record I see us getting is 5-11 might as well go 0-16 better draft pick.
GO AWAY, YOU ARE NO CHIEF FAN, GET OUT OF OUR HOME!!!!!!

:mob: :mob: :mob: :mob:

AussieChiefsFan
04-14-2009, 10:35 PM
I think our schedule is awsome, we will know where we stand with the leagues upper teams and if we don't know that how can we prepare for it. If we have atleast a 8 - 8 year it could mean a Division title after what we witnessed last year.
Is he seriously being friendly to the faiders. Actually, he's not being friendly, he's treating them like they rule AFC west.

AkChief49
04-14-2009, 10:39 PM
the NFC East in a row..wow! If we come out of that run 2-2, we got a shot.

DT14PRIEST
04-14-2009, 10:42 PM
GO AWAY, YOU ARE NO CHIEF FAN, GET OUT OF OUR HOME!!!!!!

:mob: :mob: :mob: :mob:

:lol:

tornadospotter
04-14-2009, 10:43 PM
I believe that the Chiefs will WIN!!, This is were it starts, we will win, we, are the CHIEFS!!
We know the opponents, we know when we play them, now its time to prepare, and win we will, I believe, in the Kansas City Chiefs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DT14PRIEST
04-14-2009, 10:46 PM
I believe that the Chiefs will WIN!!, This is were it starts, we will win, we, are the CHIEFS!!
We know the opponents, we know when we play them, now its time to prepare, and win we will, I believe, in the Kansas City Chiefs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol:

honda522
04-14-2009, 10:52 PM
I don't know about you guys, but I have been waiting 3 years to see some really Chiefs football!

Coach
04-14-2009, 11:04 PM
Holy font.

bigpoppachief
04-14-2009, 11:12 PM

GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AMEN ! I think that if people have no faith then they need nto even waste breathe and call themselves a Chiefs fan ! I know we are nto going to go 16-0 but 8-8 is a very realistic goal ! Seriously we are going to get 5 wins off the AFC west alone I think we are going to sweep the faiders and the Donks and split with SD !

tornadospotter
04-14-2009, 11:22 PM
I strongly believe that we will win every game, that we do, and will not lose until we do, so there for I do not predict that we will lose any game, or win any game, until that game is played! There for I believe that we will win each and every game that we take the field to play, and I will always believe that we will win that game. We must come together as a nation, a Chiefs Nation, we must have faith, we must have confidence, that as we move forward, we will WIN, WE WILL WIN!
WE WILL WIN!!!!!!

jmlamerson
04-14-2009, 11:38 PM
My highly unscientific pre-draft guesses:

Week 1 at Ravens - Loss
Week 2 vs. Raiders - Win
Week 3 at Eagles - Loss
Week 4 vs. Giants - Loss
Week 5 vs. Cowboys - Win
Week 6 at Redskins - Loss
Week 7 vs. Chargers - Win
Week 8 BYE
Week 9 at Jaguars - Win
Week 10 at Raiders - Loss
Week 11 vs. Steelers - Loss
Week 12 at Chargers - Loss
Week 13 vs. Broncos - Win
Week 14 vs. Bills - Win
Week 15 vs. Browns - Win
Week 16 at Bengals - Win
Week 17 at Broncos - Loss

We finish 8-8.

AussieChiefsFan
04-14-2009, 11:41 PM

Week 1 at Ravens - Loss
Week 2 vs. Raiders - Win
Week 3 at Eagles - Loss
Week 4 vs. Giants - Loss
Week 5 vs. Cowboys - Win
Week 8 BYE
Week 9 at Jaguars - Win
Week 14 vs. Bills - Win
Week 15 vs. Browns - Win
Week 16 at Bengals - Win

We finish 8-8.
This is my guess:

Week 1 at Ravens - Loss
Week 2 vs. Raiders - Win
Week 3 at Eagles - Loss
Week 4 vs. Giants - Loss
Week 5 vs. Cowboys - Loss
Week 8 BYE
Week 9 at Jaguars - Loss
Week 10 at Raiders -Win
Week 12 at Chargers - Win
Week 14 vs. Bills - Win
Week 15 vs. Browns - Win
Week 16 at Bengals - Win

We finish 8 - 8!

Vandelay
04-14-2009, 11:49 PM
Week 1 at Ravens - Loss
Week 2 vs. Raiders - Win
Week 3 at Eagles - Loss
Week 4 vs. Giants - Loss
Week 5 vs. Cowboys - Win
Week 6 at Redskins - Win
Week 8 BYE
Week 9 at Jaguars - Win
Week 10 at Raiders - Win
Week 14 vs. Bills - Win
Week 15 vs. Browns - Win
Week 16 at Bengals - Win

10-6

Thats mine.

tornadospotter
04-14-2009, 11:59 PM
I predict, that from week 1 thru week 17, you are all wrong. But that just me.

AussieChiefsFan
04-15-2009, 12:01 AM
I predict, that from week 1 thru week 17, you are all wrong. But that just me.
Yeah, probably.

tornadospotter
04-15-2009, 12:12 AM
Ha ha tornado but lets see your schedule win loss record prediction game by game ,not a your all wrong with no actual calls on any games or points to be made. Why are we wrong and how are we wrong? I say you don't have a clue and can't make the call LOL!!!! j/k if you don't wanna do it thats your call but it would be nice to see what your prediction is for a ending record.

I believe, KansasCityChris, that I have all ready said, what I believe the Chiefs will do this season.:11:

Pro_Angler
04-15-2009, 12:12 AM
I think we have a favorable schedule. Look at some of the teams that probably are gonna be struggling this year. I believe that 10-6 is very possible and I truly believe 11-5 is in the works if we draft Crabtree.

tornadospotter
04-15-2009, 12:16 AM
I think we have a favorable schedule. Look at some of the teams that probably are gonna be struggling this year. I believe that 10-6 is very possible and I truly believe 11-5 is in the works if we draft Crabtree.
:character0053:

Coach
04-15-2009, 12:23 AM
added poll.

AussieChiefsFan
04-15-2009, 12:44 AM
added poll.
:sign0098:

pbatrucker
04-15-2009, 12:55 AM
I'll wait until after the draft to make any predictions. But I will say 7-9 is realistic and 8-8 could win the division. I believe on strenght of schedule SD is equal to ours.
:11:

Three7s
04-15-2009, 01:08 AM
I'm a realist and I LOVE admitting it! Until we go out and beat the snot out of teams time in and time out, I will ALWAYS give the benefit of the doubt to the opposing teams. You can say I'm "not a real fan" if you want, that's just your point of view. I've had high expectations before and it's a waste of time when I'd much rather be delightfully surprised. Without further ado:

Week 1 at Ravens - Loss
Week 2 vs. Raiders - Win
Week 3 at Eagles - Loss
Week 4 vs. Giants - Loss
Week 8 BYE
Week 9 at Jaguars - Loss
Week 10 at Raiders - Win
Week 14 vs. Bills - Loss
Week 15 vs. Browns - Win
Week 16 at Bengals - Win

Sorry kids, that's how I sees it.

josh1971
04-15-2009, 01:38 AM
I don't think I'll even predict what's going to happen week to week, because this is the NFL and we have NO IDEA what might happen when the season begins. Suppose by week 3 we're stuck with Casey Printers at starting QB due to injuries, or if we suffer a rash of injuries that clobbers our ability to block or stop a rushing attack.

Or suppose all of our opponents really suck.

It could go either way, and heck- we don't even have a really good idea of what our regular season team will look like at this point.

Prediction? Things will happen, and stuff will result.

jb

okikcfan
04-15-2009, 02:01 AM

Week 1 at Ravens - Loss
Week 2 vs. Raiders - Win
Week 3 at Eagles - Loss
Week 4 vs. Giants - Loss
Week 5 vs. Cowboys - Win
Week 8 BYE
Week 9 at Jaguars - Win
Week 14 vs. Bills - Win
Week 15 vs. Browns - Win
Week 16 at Bengals - Win

We finish 8-8.

Week 1 at Ravens - Loss
Week 2 vs. Raiders - Win
Week 3 at Eagles - Loss
Week 4 vs. Giants - Loss
Week 5 vs. Cowboys - Win
Week 6 at Redskins - Win
Week 7 vs. Chargers - Loss
Week 8 BYE
Week 9 at Jaguars - Win
Week 10 at Raiders - Win
Week 14 vs. Bills - Win
Week 15 vs. Browns - Win
Week 16 at Bengals - Win
Week 17 at Broncos - Win
11-5, AFC WEST CHAMPS:bananen_smilies046: :bananen_smilies046:

Bike
04-15-2009, 08:41 AM
Week 1 at Ravens - Loss
Week 2 vs. Raiders - Win
Week 3 at Eagles - Win
Week 4 vs. Giants - Loss
Week 5 vs. Cowboys - Win
Week 6 at Redskins - Win
Week 8 BYE
Week 9 at Jaguars - Win
Week 10 at Raiders - Win
Week 14 vs. Bills - Win
Week 15 vs. Browns - Win
Week 16 at Bengals - Win
Week 17 at Broncos - Win
13-3 boys and girls!!!!
8th week bye is in a good spot for this team imo.
Pioli will send mediocrity outta KC beginning NOW!
We will be in the playoffs THIS YEAR!
If Atlanta can do it, WE WILL DO IT!!
CHIEFS BABY!!!

dbolan
04-15-2009, 09:02 AM
Tough schedule without a doubt. The positive is that some of those tougher games are at home. Ouch...

ktmrider
04-15-2009, 09:26 AM

Carl Peterson talks Chiefs and Faiders.
NFL Video Galleries (http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80fc7ce5)
As much as I do not like the guy, I did'nt take what he said that way. I just think he was trying to be diplomatic and politically correct. You have the AFC west, easily the worst division in football last year having to face the NFC east, arguably the best division last year. Sounds to me like he is actually still rooting for the Chiefs, and was just trying to convey how tough our schedule is going to be. :bananen_smilies046:

honda522
04-15-2009, 09:58 AM
SOME OF YOU SICKEN ME.
Week 1 at Ravens - Win
Week 2 vs. Raiders - Win
Week 3 at Eagles - Win
Week 4 vs. Giants - Loss
Week 5 vs. Cowboys - Win
Week 8 BYE
Week 9 at Jaguars - Win
Week 10 at Raiders - Win
Week 14 vs. Bills - Win
Week 15 vs. Browns - Win
Week 16 at Bengals - Win
Week 17 at Broncos - Win

The only really tough games would be the steelers, giants, and maybe the ravens.

I think if we wanted to, we could beat all of them. Remember we gave the Patriots a run for their money last year.

OH and this is the year we kick the Donks a** at their home.

jmlamerson
04-15-2009, 11:27 AM
I'm a realist and I LOVE admitting it! Until we go out and beat the snot out of teams time in and time out, I will ALWAYS give the benefit of the doubt to the opposing teams. You can say I'm "not a real fan" if you want, that's just your point of view. I've had high expectations before and it's a waste of time when I'd much rather be delightfully surprised. Without further ado:

Week 1 at Ravens - Loss
Week 2 vs. Raiders - Win
Week 3 at Eagles - Loss
Week 4 vs. Giants - Loss
Week 8 BYE
Week 9 at Jaguars - Loss
Week 10 at Raiders - Win
Week 14 vs. Bills - Loss
Week 15 vs. Browns - Win
Week 16 at Bengals - Win

Sorry kids, that's how I sees it.

If we win six games this year, I call it successful. We're going to have a very, very young team playing in new schemes. And six wins is as many as we had in 2007 and 2008 combined.

I do think you're wrong about the Cowboys game. That team is in its death throes, even if they don't realize it yet. I see the Cowboys going 6-10 this year - and we won't be one of the six.

yashi
04-15-2009, 11:38 AM
Come on guys, set yourselves up to be surprised, not disappointed. If you expect us to go 13-3, you're not going to have much fun this season.

We should beat the Raiders twice, the Broncos at home, Browns, Bengals. I think we'll eek out at least 1 win against the NFC East teams (I wish we weren't playing every team in that division). And I think we could beat the Bills this time around.

7-9 from a realist's perspective of a rebuilding team going through a transitioning process. Anything less is a bit disappointing, anything more is a good year.

Canada
04-15-2009, 11:59 AM
Come on guys, set yourselves up to be surprised, not disappointed. If you expect us to go 13-3, you're not going to have much fun this season.

We should beat the Raiders twice, the Broncos at home, Browns, Bengals. I think we'll eek out at least 1 win against the NFC East teams (I wish we weren't playing every team in that division). And I think we could beat the Bills this time around.

7-9 from a realist's perspective of a rebuilding team going through a transitioning process. Anything less is a bit disappointing, anything more is a good year.

??? Set myself up to be surprised ??? If you expect them to lose all the time then why are you watching? Do you cheer at games too or is that just getting sut up for disappointment too? And why is it that you are a "realist" because you expect nothing. That is called a pessimist my frined. :bananen_smilies046:

OPLookn
04-15-2009, 11:59 AM
I'm going to wait to predict something til I see who we get in the draft and about halfway thru the second FA season. Trying to say we'll go 5-12 or 13-3 is pointless since we have no idea who's going to be around when we start playing. Although I DO like the idea of 13-3 however I'm doubtful. If we're anywhere from 7-9 to 10-6 I would be highly optimistic and anything more than 10-6 I'm ecstatic! Less than 7-9 and I've got to wonder...we've got a lot of talent, the mindset is changing and we're picking up good players IMO. Let's do this! Go Chiefs!!

Just as a side note...can we PLEASE stop the "real Chiefs fan" stuff? I've read several comments that I disagree with and that doesn't make me any less of a "real Chiefs fan" than the person stating this. Healthy debate is a good thing. :)

honda522
04-15-2009, 12:02 PM

The only problems they should have is with the NFC east. I am not predicting 13-3 But I do believe they have a chance to go 9-7 10-6 or maybe even 11-5.

I really think we have the AFC West topped and win them all.

Mark my words. PLAYOFF.

yashi
04-15-2009, 12:15 PM
The only problems they should have is with the NFC east. I am not predicting 13-3 But I do believe they have a chance to go 9-7 10-6 or maybe even 11-5.

I really think we have the AFC West topped and win them all.

Mark my words. PLAYOFF.

Stranger things have happened. Nobody thought the Dolphins would go from winning 1 game to 11 looking at that roster. I don't think it's impossible, I just don't want to get my hopes up.

Bike
04-15-2009, 12:18 PM

Dude. I expect us to win every game we play. But I will settle for 13-3 1st round bye and homefield throughout the playoffs!!
Why do I say that?
I am a Chiefs Fanatic.
I have a blast every time the Chiefs play - win or lose. (albeit more fun when they win!)
Miami went through a transitional process last year, and they were in the playoffs.
Our turn this year!
We shall sweep the afc west.
Pioli is building this team the right way.
We shall be in the playoffs next january.
The Chiefs dynasty begins....
:drunkhb:

NOW!

Why do I say such things? Is it because I am not a realist? Is it because I am a warped homer? Is it because I love the Chiefs? Is it because I have consumed a couple adult beverages?

IT IS BECAUSE:

CHIEFS ROCK

tornadospotter
04-15-2009, 12:44 PM
Dude. I expect us to win every game we play. But I will settle for 13-3 1st round bye and homefield throughout the playoffs!!
Why do I say that?
I am a Chiefs Fanatic.
I have a blast every time the Chiefs play - win or lose. (albeit more fun when they win!)
Miami went through a transitional process last year, and they were in the playoffs.
Our turn this year!
We shall sweep the afc west.
Pioli is building this team the right way.
We shall be in the playoffs next january.
The Chiefs dynasty begins....

NOW!

Why do I say such things? Is it because I am not a realist? Is it because I am a warped homer? Is it because I love the Chiefs? Is it because I have consumed a couple adult beverages?

IT IS BECAUSE:

CHIEFS ROCK

YES!!!!!!!

okikcfan
04-15-2009, 02:31 PM
We will shut out the Raiders and the Bronco's this season and will beat the Bolts @Arrowhead! Cassell will be Freaking Awesome, Bowe and Tony will rock the house and the Mighty D will return with Glory!!!!! 11-5

Bike
04-15-2009, 02:45 PM
We will shut out the Raiders and the Bronco's this season and will beat the Bolts @Arrowhead! Cassell will be Freaking Awesome, Bowe and Tony will rock the house and the Mighty D will return with Glory!!!!! 11-5
You are correct!!!
Arrowhead will become Terrorhead (probably not the most politically correct title) once again!!
Must
Fear
Arrowhead

Canada
04-15-2009, 03:19 PM
I was just checkin the schedule on the home page and it says that our last game of the season against the donx will be played and 12am!! There is gonna be one hell of a tailgate before that one!!
Kansas City Chiefs Fan Site - Home (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/index.php)

warcrychief
04-15-2009, 03:20 PM
it will be awsome to see these games unfold. what a great 4 weeks we will have against the NFC East. for all you guys that call yourselfs fans and are crying. Turn your dildos around, so you can atleast appear to have some balls. the rest of the west as to play the same teams.

Canada
04-15-2009, 03:21 PM
it will be awsome to see these games unfold. what a great 4 weeks we will have against the NFC East. for all you guys that call yourselfs fans and are crying. Turn your dildos around, so you can atleast appear to have some balls. the rest of the west as to play the same teams.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bike
04-15-2009, 03:28 PM
But, please;
Charmin is still the preferred method.
Wash your hands.
Then change the channel.

Pro_Angler
04-15-2009, 08:01 PM
Just look at last year we lost so many games by less then 3 points. We could have easily been 12-4 last year if not for some stupid 4th qtr last drive BS. We will have better coaching (im not sure of that i am not sold on Haley) our young players iwll be much better, and we have picked up some great talent already. I would rather have Thigpen as a starter but whatever.
Anyway's we are close guys very close.....

chiefnut
04-15-2009, 11:19 PM
not enuf info to vote yet, wait till after draft at least or better after trades & FA's to get a better feel.

but what i do know is that i'll get to see them in person 3 times this season...baltimore, philly, & washington...that's the most in a while.

AkChief49
04-15-2009, 11:33 PM
Our first game is going to tell the tale. We make a statement. no more "oh, almost". I say we win it. I'm a homer.

Guru
04-16-2009, 01:41 AM
I think we will have a better record than last year.

Sn@keIze
04-16-2009, 02:20 AM
I like the schedule.

If we are going to have tough teams its better to have them at the beginning rather than the end.

If we could manage to be at .500 midseason, or even at 3-5, it will be down hill from there.

chief31
04-16-2009, 03:52 AM
AMEN ! I think that if people have no faith then they need nto even waste breathe and call themselves a Chiefs fan ! I know we are nto going to go 16-0 but 8-8 is a very realistic goal ! Seriously we are going to get 5 wins off the AFC west alone I think we are going to sweep the faiders and the Donks and split with SD !

I have no faith. I prefer logic. And I don't care where you rank me on the "fan-o-meter" either.

??? Set myself up to be surprised ??? If you expect them to lose all the time then why are you watching? Do you cheer at games too or is that just getting sut up for disappointment too? And why is it that you are a "realist" because you expect nothing. That is called a pessimist my frined. :bananen_smilies046:

He didn't say that he expects nothing. It looked like 7-9 to me.

Another authority on the measures of fandom. And it seems that if you don't agree with this authority, then there is no possible way that you have male genitalia.

And you guys are the same bunch who will be complaining about how someone provoked you, when they finally lash back at you for comments like these.

I've said it many different ways, and it is always right on. Like it, or not.

Just because I don't predict the Chiefs to make the playoffs does not make me any less of a fan than any one of you.

In fact, over the past two years, it makes me CORRECT. (And not very happy about it.)

Now I don't mean this to be insulting to those who do predict The Chiefs to make the playoffs, or even win every game.

TS does so and is almost always respectful of opposing opinions. (Maybe always. I can't remember anything specific.)

No matter how well a team has ever done, they always could have been better at something. If you choose to think that The Chiefs will win despite their problems, then AWESOME!

I am never going to insult your genetalia for it, nor tell you that you are not a good enough fan.

And if I do, then I fully expect you to go off on me for it, as I will deserve it.

Just as some of you deserve it with your insulting comments.

Now, for my current predictions...

Week 1 at Ravens - Loss
Week 2 vs. Raiders - Win
Week 3 at Eagles - Loss
Week 4 vs. Giants - Loss
Week 5 vs. Cowboys - Win
Week 8 BYE
Week 9 at Jaguars - Loss
Week 14 vs. Bills - Win
Week 15 vs. Browns - Win
Week 16 at Bengals - Win

I feel pretty worried about a couple of these picks. But I also could easily see a couple more going our way.

If the rest of the offseason impresses me, then I may find it within me to push for another 'W' or two.

Specifically, going to Philly that early could be a good thing. All early games have a tendancy to be less predictable anyway.

Guru
04-16-2009, 07:12 AM
I have no faith. I prefer logic. And I don't care where you rank me on the "fan-o-meter" either.

Another authority on the measures of fandom. And it seems that if you don't agree with this authority, then there is no possible way that you have male genitalia.

And you guys are the same bunch who will be complaining about how someone provoked you, when they finally lash back at you for comments like these.

I've said it many different ways, and it is always right on. Like it, or not.

Just because I don't predict the Chiefs to make the playoffs does not make me any less of a fan than any one of you.

In fact, over the past two years, it makes me CORRECT. (And not very happy about it.)

Now I don't mean this to be insulting to those who do predict The Chiefs to make the playoffs, or even win every game.

TS does so and is almost always respectful of opposing opinions. (Maybe always. I can't remember anything specific.)

No matter how well a team has ever done, they always could have been better at something. If you choose to think that The Chiefs will win despite their problems, then AWESOME!

I am never going to insult your genetalia for it, nor tell you that you are not a good enough fan.

And if I do, then I fully expect you to go off on me for it, as I will deserve it.

Just as some of you deserve it with your insulting comments.

Now, for my current predictions...

Week 1 at Ravens - Loss
Week 2 vs. Raiders - Win
Week 3 at Eagles - Loss
Week 4 vs. Giants - Loss
Week 5 vs. Cowboys - Win
Week 8 BYE
Week 9 at Jaguars - Loss
Week 14 vs. Bills - Win
Week 15 vs. Browns - Win
Week 16 at Bengals - Win

I feel pretty worried about a couple of these picks. But I also could easily see a couple more going our way.

If the rest of the offseason impresses me, then I may find it within me to push for another 'W' or two.

Specifically, going to Philly that early could be a good thing. All early games have a tendancy to be less predictable anyway.
I always look forward to your posts in these matters. Nice to know that being realistic is not a character flaw.

Canada
04-16-2009, 08:04 AM

I guess that is the part that suits your argument or whatever it is you are quoting my post for. I am responding to someone who told me not to "set myself up for disappointment" Sure seems to me that you are telling me to follow a certain way of thinking to be a realistic fan. Don't you hate when people tell you how to be a fan? :sign0098:

If you want to argue, please find something worth arguing about.

Three7s
04-16-2009, 08:13 AM
I always look forward to your posts in these matters. Nice to know that being realistic is not a character flaw.
It is in the world of fandom!

Canada
04-16-2009, 08:39 AM
Get off your high horse. You guys act like you KNOW what our record will be like or what our team will be like. If you are a realists, then what are the people who think we will be good?

yashi
04-16-2009, 09:24 AM
Get off your high horse. You guys act like you KNOW what our record will be like or what our team will be like. If you are a realists, then what are the people who think we will be good?
optimists. what's your point? I don't see the cup as half full or half empty, I see it as 4 ounces.

Canada
04-16-2009, 09:29 AM
optimists. what's your point? I don't see the cup as half full or half empty, I see it as 4 ounces.

My point is, has always been and will always be that the pessimists of this site need to stop calling themselves REALISTS!!

I don't know if you know this, but optomist is not the opposite of realist.

What are you drinkin'?

yashi
04-16-2009, 09:52 AM
My point is, has always been and will always be that the pessimists of this site need to stop calling themselves REALISTS!!

I don't know if you know this, but optomist is not the opposite of realist.

What are you drinkin'?

and pessimist != realist

optimist: "The Chiefs going to rock the house this season, no problem. 13-3"

realist: "We're making good moves and are well on our way, but there is still a lot of work to be done. 7-9."

pessimist: "Cassel sucks, terrible trade. Haley sucks. Bowe is not a good receiver. Dorsey's a bust. 2-14."

obviously realism is subjective. 9-7 could be realistic for some, or 8-8, or 6-9. 16-0 is not realistic. if someone says we're going to go 16-0 and win the super bowl with our current roster, then I guess our team is perfect and we can stop signing people. I mean, you can't improve on 16-0, right?

There's a big difference between wanting us to go 16-0, and thinking we will. and a lot of people seem to agree with me that we'll win 6-8 games.

I don't draft Billy Butler in my fantasy league and expect him to hit 60 home runs and guide me to the championship.

Canada
04-16-2009, 10:03 AM
I am not disagreeing with anyones predictions on the season. People can predict what they want, but I don't think that I am setting myself up for disappointment by thinking we can win every game. When I get up on sunday morning, I believe the Chiefs can beat whatever team we are playing that day. Do I think they will go undefeated? No. Do I think they can beat every team on the schedule? Yes!! I am just getting tired of the whole I am a realist and I am always right attitude. I am not say you or anyone else in particular but that sentiment is all over the boards here. Try and tell jmlamerson or Chief31 that we will get 11 wins this season and you will see.

It is in the world of fandom!

These are the types of things I am referring to. Why is thinking on the down side of things realistic? Why is optimism not the reality?

dbolan
04-16-2009, 10:08 AM
Maybe this can help all of us decide what we truly are! LOL!

re⋅al⋅ist

/ˈri1.
a person who tends to view or represent things as they really are.

an artist or a writer whose work is characterized by realism.

Philosophy. an adherent of realism.

pes⋅si⋅mist

a person who habitually sees or anticipates the worst or is disposed to be gloomy.

an adherent of the doctrine of pessimism.

op·ti·mist

One who usually expects a favorable outcome.

A believer in philosophical optimism.
fa⋅nat⋅ic

a person with an extreme and uncritical enthusiasm or zeal, as in religion or politics.

–adjective
fanatical. (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=fanatical&db=luna)

Origin:
1515–25; < L fānāticus pertaining to a temple, inspired by orgiastic rites, frantic, equiv. to fān(um) temple + -āticus, equiv. to -āt(us) -ate (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=-ate&db=luna)1+ -icus -ic (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=-ic&db=luna)

Synonyms:
1. enthusiast, zealot, bigot, hothead, militant. Fanatic, zealot, militant, devotee refer to persons showing more than ordinary support for, adherence to, or interest in a cause, point of view, or activity. Fanatic and zealot both suggest excessive or overweening devotion to a cause or belief. Fanatic further implies unbalanced or obsessive behavior: a wild-eyed fanatic. Zealot, only slightly less unfavorable in implication than fanatic, implies single-minded partisanship: a tireless zealot for tax reform. Militant stresses vigorous, aggressive support for or opposition to a plan or ideal and suggests a combative stance. Devotee is a milder term than any of the foregoing, suggesting enthusiasm but not to the exclusion of other interests or possible points of view: a jazz devotee.

Canada
04-16-2009, 10:12 AM
Maybe this can help all of us decide what we truly are! LOL!

re⋅al⋅ist

/ˈri1.

an artist or a writer whose work is characterized by realism.

Philosophy. an adherent of realism.

pes⋅si⋅mist

a person who habitually sees or anticipates the worst or is disposed to be gloomy.

an adherent of the doctrine of pessimism.

op·ti·mist

One who usually expects a favorable outcome.

A believer in philosophical optimism. fa⋅nat⋅ic

a person with an extreme and uncritical enthusiasm or zeal, as in religion or politics.

–adjective
fanatical. (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=fanatical&db=luna)

Origin:
1515–25; < L fānāticus pertaining to a temple, inspired by orgiastic rites, frantic, equiv. to fān(um) temple + -āticus, equiv. to -āt(us) -ate (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=-ate&db=luna)1+ -icus -ic (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=-ic&db=luna)

Synonyms:
1. enthusiast, zealot, bigot, hothead, militant. Fanatic, zealot, militant, devotee refer to persons showing more than ordinary support for, adherence to, or interest in a cause, point of view, or activity. Fanatic and zealot both suggest excessive or overweening devotion to a cause or belief. Fanatic further implies unbalanced or obsessive behavior: a wild-eyed fanatic. Zealot, only slightly less unfavorable in implication than fanatic, implies single-minded partisanship: a tireless zealot for tax reform. Militant stresses vigorous, aggressive support for or opposition to a plan or ideal and suggests a combative stance. Devotee is a milder term than any of the foregoing, suggesting enthusiasm but not to the exclusion of other interests or possible points of view: a jazz devotee.

I can see why they are closely linked with the past few years of Chiefs football so I can understand how some mistake their pessimism for realism. I guess if u think u r right all the time then you must think u r a realist. I know I am a homer, fanatic, whatever u want to call it. I can also take a look at our team and see the flaws but I choose to focus on the good things they do. Makes me happy. :bananen_smilies046:

dbolan
04-16-2009, 10:31 AM
Hey Canada....I will totally agree that there have been improvements and I really think that all of us will see them this year and even more so, next year.

I do think that we could very well win our division and have a 9+ win season, which I feel is an optimistic viewpoint considering all of the change that have taken place.

The cool thing about it for all of us is this:

If we have a great season...Say 12-4, win the division and win a play-off game...That would be totally awesome. Pioli and crew would be marked as a genius, to say the least.

If we have a 6-8 win season, I still look at it as an improvement which will carry momentum into the next season, in which I would totally expect to see a play-off birth and at least 1 win.

Just my opinion! It would be awesome if they were the "cinderella team" of the '09 season!

Cheers!

prough91
04-16-2009, 10:52 AM
I'm neither an optimist nor a pessimist. I also do not need to "turn around my dildo" to expose my genitalia. I just try to call them as I see them.

Week 1 at Ravens - Loss
Week 2 vs. Raiders - Win
Week 3 at Eagles - Loss
Week 4 vs. Giants - Loss
Week 8 BYE
Week 9 at Jaguars - Win
Week 10 at Raiders - Win
Week 14 vs. Bills - Win
Week 15 vs. Browns - Win
Week 16 at Bengals - Win

I think we'll go 8-8, but there's a few games that could easily make us 10-6 or 7-9. All the NFC games could go either way, in my opinion. Who really knows what to expect from the Eagles, Cowboys, and Redskins? I thought last year we would kill the Bengals and then they handed our a$$es to us. The most important thing, I think, is that this young team gets a winning attitude instilled in it. If they win the first two games, they might catch on fire and annihilate everyone. If they get beat the first two, it might take a while for them to come around. So. Really. Who can say?

Stuff like this is supposed to be fun to talk about and then people get all bent out of shape.

The important thing, to me, is getting to watch the Chiefs play football and raising my three year old up in the way of the Chiefs.

chiefnut
04-16-2009, 04:33 PM
I start every season w/the same expectation; and undefeated season and super bowl championship.
after each loss i hope to win the remaining games until the last game when their season has been finaly decided. i try never to make a prediction because then i would have to use my head and its much more fun to lead with your heart. although its no fun when it gets broken. so i'll let this season to fate which if it lives up to my expectations should be glorious.

tornadospotter
04-16-2009, 04:57 PM
I start every season w/the same expectation; and undefeated season and super bowl championship.
after each loss i hope to win the remaining games until the last game when their season has been finaly decided. i try never to make a prediction because then i would have to use my head and its much more fun to lead with your heart. although its no fun when it gets broken. so i'll let this season to fate which if it lives up to my expectations should be glorious.
THAT IS POST FROM A TRUE CHIEF FAN. A fan that believes in the CHIEFS!!

warcrychief
04-16-2009, 05:09 PM

Dude your great in your own mind. keep it to yourself.

chief31
04-16-2009, 06:52 PM
I guess that is the part that suits your argument or whatever it is you are quoting my post for. I am responding to someone who told me not to "set myself up for disappointment" Sure seems to me that you are telling me to follow a certain way of thinking to be a realistic fan. Don't you hate when people tell you how to be a fan? :sign0098:

If you want to argue, please find something worth arguing about.

I, in no way, have suggested that you become a "realist". Nor have I said that you aren't.

I didn't tell you what kind of fan to be, nor suggested that it is bad/wrong to be any kind of fan.

You have been inventing things to throw a fit about around here for a very long time now, and this is just more of the same.

You have become an extremely bitter guy in the past year or more. I've tried to talk to you about it. But all you do is get more and more angry.

Dude your great in your own mind. keep it to yourself.

"Ignore" works. Use it.

The fact is that those who predicted this team being bad the past two seasons were right in line with the reality.

That means that, over the past two seasons, a realist will look alot like a pessimist. Seeing as how the reality was next to nil.

I consider myself a pessimist.

I also consider myself an optimist.

And I consider myself a realist.

Anytime I make a predicion for The Chiefs' upcoming season, I can see three distict outcomes.

The pessimist sees Cassel buckling under heavy pressure form pass rushing and getting pulled, or injured before the halfway point of our season.

The Optimist sees Goff being the replacement for Shields, and Albert as new second coming of Roaf. Therefore, Cassel gets to step in as if he were still in the same offense, and lights it up.

But the realist sees the O-line taking a while to "gel" and Cassel struggling to adjust to more cramped, quickly closing pockets than he is used to.

Pessimist sees no real changes in our D-line and no reason to expect improvements.

Optimist sees added pressure coming from the willingness to blitz, and a 3-4 "hybrid" scheme, and personell that fits the 3-4 better than it does a 4-3.

And the realist sees alot of changes and question marks about the defense, and no way to make a serious judgement.

Much like Canada, I always feel like we can win whatever game we have coming up. Just as I know that we could lose any game.

Therefore, it's up to the realist to take a look at things and try to come up with a real guess.

Perhaps I come off as smugg to you. But, odds are that you come off the same way to many others around here.

It is pretty tough to convey an opinion that you are passionate about, to someone with an oposing veiwpoint, without coming off that way.

But I think the first step is to try and eliminate juvenile comments about genetalia that you have never met.:D

Or you can see how long the site mods decide to allow it. But most people generally view that kind of behavior as abberative buffoonery.

IlovetheChiefs
04-16-2009, 06:53 PM
Chiefs win 51-0 in week 3 on September 27th.

Chiefs also win in Washington. They've always owned them. I think something like 7-1 all time against the Skins.

And Dallas and the Giants being at Arrowhead, I think we're looking at a sweep of the NFC East. Pretty cool it's all 4 in a row this year.

We've got a good chance to clean house against our AFC West rivals too. And, of course, against the 2 hapless Ohio teams. And we will get revenge against Fuballo and rock TO.

The 3 games that worry me the most are Baltimore and Jax on the road, and Pittsburgh at home. But as someone pointed out, it could be a good thing we get the Ravens right away. Before they are in sync. Just like we nearly upset the Pats on the road last year. But had we played NE later on it could have been worse since they played hot in the second half of the season.

In any case we all agree we'll be better than last year's 2-14. I think SIGNIFICANTLY better. I'm excited for a good and possibly great season this year. Same with the Royals. I think the boys in blue and red are both back and good things are ahead. Maybe 2009 is a bit early for them to be in the playoffs or championship. Maybe not. But in any case, they will both keep getting better. By 2010 or 2011 Kansas City will be the nation's sports powerhouse again!

I can't wait for September 27th!

Sn@keIze
04-16-2009, 06:55 PM
Chiefs win 51-0 in week 3 on September 27th.

Chiefs also win in Washington. They've always owned them. I think something like 7-1 all time against the Skins.

And Dallas and the Giants being at Arrowhead, I think we're looking at a sweep of the NFC East. Pretty cool it's all 4 in a row this year.

We've got a good chance to clean house against our AFC West rivals too. And, of course, against the 2 hapless Ohio teams. And we will get revenge against Fuballo and rock TO.

The 3 games that worry me the most are Baltimore and Jax on the road, and Pittsburgh at home. But as someone pointed out, it could be a good thing we get the Ravens right away. Before they are in sync. Just like we nearly upset the Pats on the road last year. But had we played NE later on it could have been worse since they played hot in the second half of the season.

In any case we all agree we'll be better than last year's 2-14. I think SIGNIFICANTLY better. I'm excited for a good and possibly great season this year. Same with the Royals. I think the boys in blue and red are both back and good things are ahead. Maybe 2009 is a bit early for them to be in the playoffs or championship. Maybe not. But in any case, they will both keep getting better. By 2010 or 2011 Kansas City will be the nation's sports powerhouse again!

I can't wait for September 27th!IlovetheChiefs!!

where the heck have you been man?:bananen_smilies046:

IlovetheChiefs
04-16-2009, 07:12 PM
Hey SnakeIze!! Thanks for missing me and, thus, making my day! :)

Chiefster
04-16-2009, 07:18 PM
16-0 Prediction. I just wanted to beat Canada to it.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Too bad I won't be there this year. :(

Chiefster
04-16-2009, 07:22 PM
I, in no way, have suggested that you become a "realist". Nor have I said that you aren't.

I didn't tell you what kind of fan to be, nor suggested that it is bad/wrong to be any kind of fan.

You have been inventing things to throw a fit about around here for a very long time now, and this is just more of the same.

You have become an extremely bitter guy in the past year or more. I've tried to talk to you about it. But all you do is get more and more angry.

"Ignore" works. Use it.

The fact is that those who predicted this team being bad the past two seasons were right in line with the reality.

That means that, over the past two seasons, a realist will look alot like a pessimist. Seeing as how the reality was next to nil.

I consider myself a pessimist.

I also consider myself an optimist.

And I consider myself a realist.

Anytime I make a predicion for The Chiefs' upcoming season, I can see three distict outcomes.

The pessimist sees Cassel buckling under heavy pressure form pass rushing and getting pulled, or injured before the halfway point of our season.

The Optimist sees Goff being the replacement for Shields, and Albert as new second coming of Roaf. Therefore, Cassel gets to step in as if he were still in the same offense, and lights it up.

But the realist sees the O-line taking a while to "gel" and Cassel struggling to adjust to more cramped, quickly closing pockets than he is used to.

Pessimist sees no real changes in our D-line and no reason to expect improvements.

Optimist sees added pressure coming from the willingness to blitz, and a 3-4 "hybrid" scheme, and personell that fits the 3-4 better than it does a 4-3.

And the realist sees alot of changes and question marks about the defense, and no way to make a serious judgement.

Much like Canada, I always feel like we can win whatever game we have coming up. Just as I know that we could lose any game.

Therefore, it's up to the realist to take a look at things and try to come up with a real guess.

Perhaps I come off as smugg to you. But, odds are that you come off the same way to many others around here.

It is pretty tough to convey an opinion that you are passionate about, to someone with an oposing veiwpoint, without coming off that way.

But I think the first step is to try and eliminate juvenile comments about genetalia that you have never met.:D

Or you can see how long the site mods decide to allow it. But most people generally view that kind of behavior as abberative buffoonery.

Amen my Chiefs Brother! :)

Rep!

DT14PRIEST
04-16-2009, 07:30 PM
Seems to be popular so I'll strike while the iron is hot and add a little flavor to the discussion

Week 1 at Ravens - Win

Why: Loss of a few defensive personnel including their coordinator as well as a suspect offense leaves me to believe the Chiefs have a fighting chance to win this game.

Conviction: 65% (Pre-draft)

Week 2 vs. Raiders - Win

Why: The Raiders are taking a step in the right direction (I'm being objective) but are far from solidified on either side of the ball. Unless JMac shows serious improvement their offensive game plan will be one sided and their defense can easily be overlooked. (1-0 in the divison)

Conviction: 80% (Pre-draft)

Week 3 at Eagles - Win

Why: This is a pending arguement. Eagles are always suspect to the early season schedule, either starting hot or cold. I think with the loss of Dawkins the defense regressed but hasn't lost a huge step yet the looming negativity that surrounds 'another' NFC title game loss will have a lingering effect on their ego.

Conviction: 51% (Pre-draft)

Week 4 vs. Giants - Loss

Why: The Giants are a juggernaut plain and simple. I believe they'll find a solution for Burress in the draft for their ailing offense and pick up a Heyward-Bey or Britt from Rutgers and refit the missing link that the offense was lacking last season. Their defense is as stacked as ever. Cassel beware.

Conviction: 85% (Pre-draft)

Week 5 vs. Cowboys - Win

Why: Another game that is up in the air for me, but I'll favor the Chiefs in this contest. Dallas defensive secondary has always been its achilles heel. With the loss of Williams and the addition of Keith Brookin did little in terms of solidifying a defensive front 7 led by Demarcus Ware. The Offense led by Romo is hit or miss and with TO out of town the Chiefs can sigh a sigh of relief and game plan around Witten/Barber/Jones.

Conviction: 60% (Pre-draft)

Week 6 at Redskins - Win

Why: The Redskins are like the Cowboys in a sense, deep pockets but no cohesion. The Offense is suspect to the hit or miss average and the defense is constantly being retooled with high dollar players that are suspect to taking games off. Unless Jason Campbell cann lead this ailing squad to something amazing I think the Chiefs squeak by with a win and make it 3-1 out of the NFC east gauntlet.

Why: The Chargers are another team that is suspect to the schedule of the regular season yet over the past couple of years seemed to have the Chiefs number when the chips were on the line. With the return of Merriman and LT/Sproles on Offense lead by the talented Rivers I think the Bolts pull of the pre bye upset and take us to 1-1 in the division.

Conviction: 65% (pre-draft)

Week 8 BYE

Week 9 at Jaguars - Win

Why: Teams are said to win coming off the bye and the Chiefs should be no exception to this. With the looming eminence of a winning season in hand I think the Chiefs will come out firing against a depleted Jag. defense and an Offense that is subject to what it does in the draft. Without a solid reciving threat the Jags are a one trick pony.

Conviction: 75% (pre-draft)

Week 10 at Raiders - Win

Why: The Chiefs are the only team in the AFC West to have an all time winning record against the Raiders. With their recent struggles internally there is little reason to see why that is. (2-1 in the divison)

Conviction: 99% (pre-draft)

Why: Its the Steelers. Last time the Chiefs played the Steelers they lost, I believe, 44-0. Barring some major season injuries to the Steelers this is as probably as close to a lock as one can get.

Why: The gameplan. Chiefs always play the Chargers tough even when they're doing poorly. An offense and defense retooled through the draft should provid the Chiefs an edge in the late season divison race. (3-1 in the divison)

Conviction: 70% (pre-draft)

Why: McDaniels is anything but the genius he is touted to be. After the Jay Cutler drama in Denver the Broncos set themselves back at least 5 years with Kyle Orton at the helm. There is little to believe that Dawkins and Co. can turn around a suspect defense like Denver around. (4-1 in the divison)

Conviction: 80% (pre-draft)

Week 14 vs. Bills - Loss

Why: I think TO has a big game. Marshawn Lynch is a train and unless the Chiefs get the ball rolling early they'll stub their toe on their season success this year and bite the bullet taking another loss that they probably shouldnt.

Week 15 vs. Browns - Win

Why: Mangini, like McDaniels, is anything but smart. WIth the rumors of a Braylon Edwards trade looming and Kellen Winslow being traded already, there is little to believe that Man-Genius is anything but hype. With an aging defense being stocked with Jets leftovers this is shaping up to be another lost season for the Browns faithful.

Conviction: 85% (pre-draft)

Week 16 at Bengals - Win

Why: The Carson Palmer to Ocho-cinco tandem is still a threat but there is no running game and Housh has left the building. While Dhani Jones is tackling the globe the defense can do little else in terms of consistent production.

Why: Starters are benched as the Chiefs have clenched the division (I believe). A laid back gameplan leads me to believe that the Broncos are playing for nothing so why leave your starters out there, as a Chief. (4-2 in the divison)

So 11-5 and playoff bound. AFC West Champs.

chief31
04-16-2009, 07:51 PM
Seems to be popular so I'll strike while the iron is hot and add a little flavor to the discussion

Week 1 at Ravens - Win

Why: Loss of a few defensive personnel including their coordinator as well as a suspect offense leaves me to believe the Chiefs have a fighting chance to win this game.

Conviction: 65% (Pre-draft)

Week 2 vs. Raiders - Win

Why: The Raiders are taking a step in the right direction (I'm being objective) but are far from solidified on either side of the ball. Unless JMac shows serious improvement their offensive game plan will be one sided and their defense can easily be overlooked. (1-0 in the divison)

Conviction: 80% (Pre-draft)

Week 3 at Eagles - Win

Why: This is a pending arguement. Eagles are always suspect to the early season schedule, either starting hot or cold. I think with the loss of Dawkins the defense regressed but hasn't lost a huge step yet the looming negativity that surrounds 'another' NFC title game loss will have a lingering effect on their ego.

Conviction: 51% (Pre-draft)

Week 4 vs. Giants - Loss

Why: The Giants are a juggernaut plain and simple. I believe they'll find a solution for Burress in the draft for their ailing offense and pick up a Heyward-Bey or Britt from Rutgers and refit the missing link that the offense was lacking last season. Their defense is as stacked as ever. Cassel beware.

Conviction: 85% (Pre-draft)

Week 5 vs. Cowboys - Win

Why: Another game that is up in the air for me, but I'll favor the Chiefs in this contest. Dallas defensive secondary has always been its achilles heel. With the loss of Williams and the addition of Keith Brookin did little in terms of solidifying a defensive front 7 led by Demarcus Ware. The Offense led by Romo is hit or miss and with TO out of town the Chiefs can sigh a sigh of relief and game plan around Witten/Barber/Jones.

Conviction: 60% (Pre-draft)

Week 6 at Redskins - Win

Why: The Redskins are like the Cowboys in a sense, deep pockets but no cohesion. The Offense is suspect to the hit or miss average and the defense is constantly being retooled with high dollar players that are suspect to taking games off. Unless Jason Campbell cann lead this ailing squad to something amazing I think the Chiefs squeak by with a win and make it 3-1 out of the NFC east gauntlet.

Why: The Chargers are another team that is suspect to the schedule of the regular season yet over the past couple of years seemed to have the Chiefs number when the chips were on the line. With the return of Merriman and LT/Sproles on Offense lead by the talented Rivers I think the Bolts pull of the pre bye upset and take us to 1-1 in the division.

Conviction: 65% (pre-draft)

Week 8 BYE

Week 9 at Jaguars - Win

Why: Teams are said to win coming off the bye and the Chiefs should be no exception to this. With the looming eminence of a winning season in hand I think the Chiefs will come out firing against a depleted Jag. defense and an Offense that is subject to what it does in the draft. Without a solid reciving threat the Jags are a one trick pony.

Conviction: 75% (pre-draft)

Week 10 at Raiders - Win

Why: The Chiefs are the only team in the AFC West to have an all time winning record against the Raiders. With their recent struggles internally there is little reason to see why that is. (2-1 in the divison)

Why: Its the Steelers. Last time the Chiefs played the Steelers they lost, I believe, 44-0. Barring some major season injuries to the Steelers this is as probably as close to a lock as one can get.

Why: The gameplan. Chiefs always play the Chargers tough even when they're doing poorly. An offense and defense retooled through the draft should provid the Chiefs an edge in the late season divison race. (3-1 in the divison)

Why: McDaniels is anything but the genius he is touted to be. After the Jay Cutler drama in Denver the Broncos set themselves back at least 5 years with Kyle Orton at the helm. There is little to believe that Dawkins and Co. can turn around a suspect defense like Denver around. (4-1 in the divison)

Week 14 vs. Bills - Loss

Why: I think TO has a big game. Marshawn Lynch is a train and unless the Chiefs get the ball rolling early they'll stub their toe on their season success this year and bite the bullet taking another loss that they probably shouldnt.

Week 15 vs. Browns - Win

Why: Mangini, like McDaniels, is anything but smart. WIth the rumors of a Braylon Edwards trade looming and Kellen Winslow being traded already, there is little to believe that Man-Genius is anything but hype. With an aging defense being stocked with Jets leftovers this is shaping up to be another lost season for the Browns faithful.

Conviction: 85% (pre-draft)

Week 16 at Bengals - Win

Why: The Carson Palmer to Ocho-cinco tandem is still a threat but there is no running game and Housh has left the building. While Dhani Jones is tackling the globe the defense can do little else in terms of consistent production.

Why: Starters are benched as the Chiefs have clenched the division (I believe). A laid back gameplan leads me to believe that the Broncos are playing for nothing so why leave your starters out there, as a Chief. (4-2 in the divison)

So 11-5 and playoff bound. AFC West Champs.

I may disagree with alot of that. But that is some damn fine work!:sign0098:

Guru
04-17-2009, 12:45 AM
I am not disagreeing with anyones predictions on the season. People can predict what they want, but I don't think that I am setting myself up for disappointment by thinking we can win every game. When I get up on sunday morning, I believe the Chiefs can beat whatever team we are playing that day. Do I think they will go undefeated? No. Do I think they can beat every team on the schedule? Yes!! I am just getting tired of the whole I am a realist and I am always right attitude. I am not say you or anyone else in particular but that sentiment is all over the boards here. Try and tell jmlamerson or Chief31 that we will get 11 wins this season and you will see.

These are the types of things I am referring to. Why is thinking on the down side of things realistic? Why is optimism not the reality?HOw the HELL am I thinking on the downside. I said we would be better than last year. How much better? I have no friggin clue. Christ I am sick of this crap.

Good night.

DT14PRIEST
04-17-2009, 01:00 AM
I may disagree with alot of that. But that is some damn fine work!:sign0098:

You're free to disagree I don't mind someone arguing a point; it actually gives me something to post and food for thought.

I gave the Chiefs the benefit of the doubt on more then a couple of games (the opptomist in me). I'll wait till the draft rolls through and we're neck deep in the pre season to make anything official. My conviction stands that the Chiefs will (most likely) finish either .500 or 9-7 when its all said and done (the realist in me).

But if this season is to be the 'turn around' season, I'd imagine the Chiefs could pull something like this off.

Only time will tell.

Canada
04-17-2009, 01:07 AM

"Ignore" works. Use it.

Wow...never thought you would have to resort to that!! I guess as a last resort you grasp at straws.

I think you are right about the "Ignore feature"

Don't think I really need to tell you to go **** yourself either do I?

Canada
04-17-2009, 01:09 AM
HOw the HELL am I thinking on the downside. I said we would be better than last year. How much better? I have no friggin clue. Christ I am sick of this crap.

Good night.

oj geez i didnt even see this. i only said it because u argeed with the most negative guy on the boards and then called it realism. Is this realy that confusing?

just foget it
feel free to b!tch and complain and call yourselves what ever the hell u want.

tornadospotter
04-17-2009, 01:22 AM
HOw the HELL am I thinking on the downside. I said we would be better than last year. How much better? I have no friggin clue. Christ I am sick of this crap.

Good night.
Two posts and you are sick of this, Have you read this whole thread? (I really wish you mods would be visible when online, stop hiding, show your selfs!) Or you just do not like us homers. We believe, come hell or high water, we believe, that the Chiefs will win, every time the Chiefs take the field, we love the players that are Chiefs!

Sn@keIze
04-17-2009, 02:16 AM
Canada, lighten up bro.:bananen_smilies046:

Sn@keIze
04-17-2009, 02:20 AM
feel free to b!tch and complain and call yourselves what ever the hell u want.
Thats what this forum is all about. To feel free, to get the things off our chest that really bother us

and to feel free to celebrate the good things.

tornadospotter
04-17-2009, 02:26 AM
This goes way back, and Chief31 is a butthead at times. Chief31 is the one with the problem. He does not like Homers!

Guru
04-17-2009, 03:25 AM
I'm not doing this again after last year.

I watch every game, beginning to end. I root for the Chiefs 100%. I think we will be better this year. I also don't expect too much from them this year. If they blow me away, I will be happy. If they do exactly what I expect, I won't be upset about it. That is as far as I am going with it.

tornadospotter
04-17-2009, 04:26 AM
I'm not doing this again after last year.

I watch every game, beginning to end. I root for the Chiefs 100%. I think we will be better this year. I also don't expect too much from them this year. If they blow me away, I will be happy. If they do exactly what I expect, I won't be upset about it. That is as far as I am going with it.
I watch every game also. From the starting kick to the very end, I am the type that believe we will win every game we play! I do not question, your fandom, but I do wonder if you have a Passion for the chiefs. Do you love the Chiefs? Chief31 does it well as a stat guy, but most of the time he comes across as a jerk or a know it all, and not a homer for sure, You say you are tired of this after last year, I say this is a new season, we are going to win this year! You say "I also don't expect too much from them this year" I say I expect the best out of the team this year. I think I will stay a homer.

Guru
04-17-2009, 05:08 AM
I watch every game also. From the starting kick to the very end, I am the type that believe we will win every game we play! I do not question, your fandom, but I do wonder if you have a Passion for the chiefs. Do you love the Chiefs? Chief31 does it well as a stat guy, but most of the time he comes across as a jerk or a know it all, and not a homer for sure, You say you are tired of this after last year, I say this is a new season, we are going to win this year! You say "I also don't expect too much from them this year" I say I expect the best out of the team this year. I think I will stay a homer.
I expect the best out of the Chiefs every single year. That can be anywhere from 0-16 wins. If their best this year gets them to the playoffs, I'll be thrilled. If their best is less than that, I won't be upset about it.

why do I have to rephrase this? I'm sorry if I am not good enough for you but I wouldn't devote every single Sunday of the NFL season to the Chiefs if I didn't love my team. It's like my kids. I want them to do well. I'll do my best to help them achieve whatever they want. I will be proud of them no matter what happens. My son is in track this year. I want him to do well. I hope he wins some races. If he doesn't, I'll be just as proud. Does that make me less of a father too?

Chiefster
04-17-2009, 05:21 AM
I expect the best out of the Chiefs every single year. That can be anywhere from 0-16 wins. If their best this year gets them to the playoffs, I'll be thrilled. If their best is less than that, I won't be upset about it.

why do I have to rephrase this? I'm sorry if I am not good enough for you but I wouldn't devote every single Sunday of the NFL season to the Chiefs if I didn't love my team. It's like my kids. I want them to do well. I'll do my best to help them achieve whatever they want. I will be proud of them no matter what happens. My son is in track this year. I want him to do well. I hope he wins some races. If he doesn't, I'll be just as proud. Does that make me less of a father too?

Well said!

Chiefster
04-17-2009, 05:38 AM
Two posts and you are sick of this, Have you read this whole thread? (I really wish you mods would be visible when online, stop hiding, show your selfs!) Or you just do not like us homers. We believe, come hell or high water, we believe, that the Chiefs will win, every time the Chiefs take the field, we love the players that are Chiefs!

Is it possible to be visible offline?

Seriously though, I just like being behind the scenes.

I think that most everyone here is passionate about the Chiefs in thier own way. It doesn't make any one fan or group of fans any better or wrose then the next. JMHO

Canada
04-17-2009, 07:22 AM

Thats what this forum is all about. To feel free, to get the things off our chest that really bother us

and to feel free to celebrate the good things.

So then why do I have to lighten up? I believe a mod just aired my personal laundry out in a public forum.

Canada
04-17-2009, 08:12 AM

Great argument if you like putting works in peoples mouths. All I said is that realism and pessimism are getting confused on this site. Let me put it to you this way

If Chief31 is a pessimist and he calls himself a realist, what does that make the optomist?

If pessimist = realist
then
optomist = ???

It sure sounds like he says I (or anyone else with positive things to say) don't konw what we are talking about and that we are not realistic.

Your kid does track, u hope he does well, but do u criticize his every move? Do u tell him he can win a race even if u know he can't? Do you not blindly cheer for him no matter what?

You want to get your nose all bent out of shape then go ahead. I have not said a damn thing about anyones fandom, all I have said is learn the difference between a pessimist and a realist. Too many people think they are right all the time and anyones opinion that differs is not thinking realisticly.

I really don't understand why this is so hard to grasp.

tornadospotter
04-17-2009, 08:47 AM

:sign0098: There is some passion in you after all!

yashi
04-17-2009, 09:13 AM
Great argument if you like putting works in peoples mouths. All I said is that realism and pessimism are getting confused on this site. Let me put it to you this way

If Chief31 is a pessimist and he calls himself a realist, what does that make the optomist?

If pessimist = realist
then
optomist = ???

It sure sounds like he says I (or anyone else with positive things to say) don't konw what we are talking about and that we are not realistic.

Your kid does track, u hope he does well, but do u criticize his every move? Do u tell him he can win a race even if u know he can't? Do you not blindly cheer for him no matter what?

You want to get your nose all bent out of shape then go ahead. I have not said a damn thing about anyones fandom, all I have said is learn the difference between a pessimist and a realist. Too many people think they are right all the time and anyones opinion that differs is not thinking realisticly.

I really don't understand why this is so hard to grasp.

This thread should probably be locked soon...

once again.

optimist != realist
realist != pessimist

I don't understand why you keep saying realism is pessimism.

I'll stop there.

tornadospotter
04-17-2009, 09:20 AM

once again.

optimist != realist
realist != pessimist

I'll stop there.
But its just getting interesting.:11: :D

Chiefster
04-17-2009, 10:07 AM

once again.

optimist != realist
realist != pessimist

I'll stop there.

You sir are correct, for the good of the site.

But its just getting interesting.:11: :D

That's how I know it's time to close the thread. :D

Guru
04-18-2009, 12:11 AM

If pessimist = realist
then
optomist = ???

I really don't understand why this is so hard to grasp.Umm, I was talking to tornado. Not you.

EDIT

Sorry Chiefster, it was on the previous page and I overlooked that you closed the thread. My bad.