PDA

View Full Version : Micheal Silver from Yahoo

bigpoppachief
04-14-2009, 11:41 PM
This is what I don't understand about chiefs fans not having hope in thier own team . Silver who is known for hsi brashness eevn believes the Chiefs are the rebuilding team with the ebst chance to do something next year. I am starting to like him more and more ! Chiefs are going to be a cinderella team next year ! Im calling it right here :D

AussieChiefsFan
04-14-2009, 11:46 PM
This is what I don't understand about chiefs fans not having hope in thier own team . Silver who is known for hsi brashness eevn believes the Chiefs are the rebuilding team with the ebst chance to do something next year. I am starting to like him more and more ! Chiefs are going to be a cinderella team next year ! Im calling it right here :DSo am I! I believe that the Chiefs will rise to the occasion and dominate their Division rivals with careful tactics, confident and ambitious players and the support of fans that are cheering louder than anything else! I believe!

Bike
04-15-2009, 09:26 AM
I agree, we will be the team that everyone wants to avoid as we will be on fire. Pioli magic is at a fever pitch in Arrowhead baby WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
Chiefs will SHOCK the league! Yeah baby!!!:bananen_smilies046:

wildcat
04-15-2009, 09:29 AM
I think any real Chiefs fan has to be a little optimistic. I'm not going to guarantee anything, but I could see things playing out to where we are playoff contenders. Our schedule gives us the perfect opportunity to get on a win streak to close the regular season.

honda522
04-15-2009, 10:11 AM
When they hired Pioli and fired Herm, I said they wouldea be like Miami was last year. Which was win divison and make it into the playoffs on a big improvement from the previous year.

pbatrucker
04-15-2009, 10:32 AM
I agree, we will be the team that everyone wants to avoid as we will be on fire. Pioli magic is at a fever pitch in Arrowhead baby WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
GO CHIEFS!!!! SB OR BUST!!!!! YEA BABY!!!!!
:11:

70 chiefsfan70
04-15-2009, 11:06 AM
Yeah, We'll win AFC West and go to playoffs.......................Most improved team for 2009 season, Can't wait!!!!!

Seek
04-15-2009, 12:19 PM
Cearly it is off-season again. Everyone forgets reality and optomism explodes based of absolutely nothing but speculation, hopes and dreams.

Look, I hope the Chiefs turn it around, but at this time. We don't even know what the roster is. There is stil hundreds of questions marks. No one has the foggiest idea what this team will do next year, when they don't even know the team yet.

I am not stating the team will suck again, but there is nothing out there to lead me to believe one or the other and the speculations this time of year is obsurd.

Bike
04-15-2009, 12:46 PM
Cearly it is off-season again. Everyone forgets reality and optomism explodes based of absolutely nothing but speculation, hopes and dreams.

Look, I hope the Chiefs turn it around, but at this time. We don't even know what the roster is. There is stil hundreds of questions marks. No one has the foggiest idea what this team will do next year, when they don't even know the team yet.

I am not stating the team will suck again, but there is nothing out there to lead me to believe one or the other and the speculations this time of year is obsurd.
You don't think the aquisitions of Cassel, Vrabel, Engram, Thomas, Goff, Haley, and Pioli can lead you to believe that the Chiefs will turn the corner this year?
Not to mention the draft hasn't even yet begun.....
:sign0153:

Vanilla Garilla
04-15-2009, 12:48 PM

Pardon us for being optimistic... The truth is, that every "True" fan for every NFL team is optimistic around this time of year. I don't see whats wrong with being optimistic. I hope to think the economy is going to get better fast, I hope to think that the war will end soon, I hope to think I will find a better job soon, and i hope to think my Chiefs will win the division this year. Whats wrong with being optimistic and happy rather than pessimistic and blah?

KottkeKU
04-15-2009, 03:16 PM
you guys are crazy....given our schedule, i say we win 5-7 games at most next season...if thats enough for the playoffs (wow) then i think we could make a run into the conference chapionship perhaps...

Bike
04-15-2009, 03:32 PM
you guys are crazy....given our schedule, i say we win 5-7 games at most next season...if thats enough for the playoffs (wow) then i think we could make a run into the conference chapionship perhaps...
Thanks for the insight.

bigpoppachief
04-16-2009, 11:43 PM

See you are thinking with a negative mind. You are thinking we are the chiefs of last year and those teams are the same as last year. I got news for Cowgirl fans without TO eevryone will see ROMO for what he truly is and that is medicore QB. Pitt is ALWAYS tough fro some reason and the Giants on offense WHO KNOWS we CAN beat all those teams if we can come off the first ten games 5 -5 I think we can easily finish strong and go 9-7 I am a realist about winning the SB but why follow a team and not say they are super bowl bound ? Why n ot just be a may weather fan and lie to people and say I told you so ? I would rather say every year I think the chiefs are going to the super bowl then to doubt them because one year before I leave this earth they will win a SB and when that happens I will smile and say I told you so :D

Seek
04-17-2009, 06:30 PM
Pardon us for being optimistic... The truth is, that every "True" fan for every NFL team is optimistic around this time of year. I don't see whats wrong with being optimistic. I hope to think the economy is going to get better fast, I hope to think that the war will end soon, I hope to think I will find a better job soon, and i hope to think my Chiefs will win the division this year. Whats wrong with being optimistic and happy rather than pessimistic and blah?

There is a big difference between optomistic, and unrealistic. Optomistic is expecting your team to get better make huges strides, beat the Raiders and Donkies and maybe make the play offs.

When people start predicting super bowl, and AFC titles games. It is just plain homerism and it grows on others and grows. Until people actually start believing it and when reality kicks in. The let down is more unbearable because the expectations were unrealistic to start.

My point, I am not being negative either. I am just saying. We don't even know the full make up of this team, and people are already off their rockers. Can we at least see who we draft, before we are super bowl bound.

Seek
04-17-2009, 06:36 PM
You don't think the aquisitions of Cassel, Vrabel, Engram, Thomas, Goff, Haley, and Pioli can lead you to believe that the Chiefs will turn the corner this year?

to answer you question. I don't think Cassel is an improvement over thigpen without upgrading the offensive line. Even then I don't know if he is an upgrade, specially for 14 million dollars.

Vrabel, Engram, Thomas are clearly a season, game or play away from being to old. They are just band aids to slow down the holes Herm Created. I like the signings, don't get me wrong. But they may be nothing more than what Donnie Edwards was. A coach on the field. They are short term solutions, that may not finish the season.

I know nothing about Haley as a HC. I can't judge him positively or negatively. The same as Pioli running his own franchise.

They already cut a promising Wr. They could have waited until after OTA's or the draft before letting him go.

Vanilla Garilla
04-17-2009, 09:48 PM
They already cut a promising Wr. They could have waited until after OTA's or the draft before letting him go.

Well you said yourself that you cannot judge fairly without knowing the facts of the matter, so how can you judge the release of Franklin without knowing the facts in the matter. For all we could know is that this "promising" wr your speaking of could of had a horrible attitude, off the field problems, and whatever else that did not fit into the system. I believe that Pioli and Haley would not release anyone unless they didn't see them being an integral part of the Chiefs organization.

jmlamerson
04-17-2009, 10:41 PM
to answer you question. I don't think Cassel is an improvement over thigpen without upgrading the offensive line. Even then I don't know if he is an upgrade, specially for 14 million dollars.

Vrabel, Engram, Thomas are clearly a season, game or play away from being to old. They are just band aids to slow down the holes Herm Created. I like the signings, don't get me wrong. But they may be nothing more than what Donnie Edwards was. A coach on the field. They are short term solutions, that may not finish the season.

I know nothing about Haley as a HC. I can't judge him positively or negatively. The same as Pioli running his own franchise.

You had me until "promising wide receiver." Franklin is a bum. He was a terrible draft pick and we're richer for having lost him.

BTW, everyone. Cassel will sign a long term contract before the season begins. We're not paying him $14M this year.

pachiefsfan
04-18-2009, 12:03 AM
listen i love the team as much as anyone and want to belive we are headed in the right direction but lets wait and see before we start talking playoffs guys. remember we were 2-14 last year, now we have made some solid moves so far but im gonna wait and see what happens right now we look like maybe 808 at best that schedule is pretty tough

Seek
04-18-2009, 09:01 AM
Well you said yourself that you cannot judge fairly without knowing the facts of the matter, so how can you judge the release of Franklin without knowing the facts in the matter. For all we could know is that this "promising" wr your speaking of could of had a horrible attitude, off the field problems, and whatever else that did not fit into the system. I believe that Pioli and Haley would not release anyone unless they didn't see them being an integral part of the Chiefs organization.

We'll see. I am not an MU fan, so I don't much about Franklin. Fact of the matter you draft a player in the fourth round a year before. Logic would say at least wait until you see him play, work out, whatever for yourself. How can a coach judge a persons attitude if they haven't even been in the locker room yet.

I am fine cutting him, if they just think he sucks. I just don't see what it hurts to at least wait until after OTA's to get a better since of his attitude or skills.

I mean he was coached under Herm Edwards for a year. Give the guy some slack just for the fact he was poorly coached under Herm and see if you can fix the problem. Cut him in June then.

Seek
04-18-2009, 09:05 AM
You had me until "promising wide receiver." Franklin is a bum. He was a terrible draft pick and we're richer for having lost him.

BTW, everyone. Cassel will sign a long term contract before the season begins. We're not paying him $14M this year.

At least I had you....

slc chief
04-18-2009, 10:26 AM

well said

theaxeeffect4311
04-18-2009, 03:35 PM

If Pioli was smart, he wouldn't sign him until after the season. See what Cassel can do then sign him. We can make it work with our cap room. I know it's not realistic that we would do it that way, but it would be great if we did. We basically got a rookie QB with a little experience for a second round pick and did not have to sign him long term. So if he doesn't pan out, we're not stuck with his huge contract. I hope that Pioli feels a little more comfortable with him since he spend time with him in NE, but he's still not proven as a Chiefs. Hopefully, we'll find out something soon in regards to Cassel.

jmlamerson
04-18-2009, 10:39 PM
We'll see. I am not an MU fan, so I don't much about Franklin. Fact of the matter you draft a player in the fourth round a year before. Logic would say at least wait until you see him play, work out, whatever for yourself. How can a coach judge a persons attitude if they haven't even been in the locker room yet.

I am fine cutting him, if they just think he sucks. I just don't see what it hurts to at least wait until after OTA's to get a better since of his attitude or skills.

I mean he was coached under Herm Edwards for a year. Give the guy some slack just for the fact he was poorly coached under Herm and see if you can fix the problem. Cut him in June then.

Look at it this way: why take away reps from a player with a chance to make the team? Franklin is small, dumb, and fragile. He was one of many bad Herm Edwards picks. No use throwing good money after bad.

azchiefsfan
04-19-2009, 12:00 AM
I think that the basic foundation is here, with one glaring exception: WR. Offensive and defensive line issues are along way in the right direction. The defense has had some muscle added, but when you get to WR, _____<---- that is what appears. If KC can't get a couple of serviceable bookends, this will be a strictly rebuilding (read:losing) season. I think they still can win 8-9 games, as is, but it will depend on how well Matt Cassell is protected. Let's be real:NYG-loss, Washington-loss, Pittsburgh-loss, San Diego-loss, Buffalo-loss, Jets-loss, Baltimore-loss, Philidelphia-loss. The rest of the schedule is whoever is the least bad team wins. I love the Chiefs, but optimism means 8 wins if things go well, 9 wins if they get lucky against Cincinatti.

AussieChiefsFan
04-19-2009, 12:01 AM
I think that the basic foundation is here, with one glaring exception: WR. Offensive and defensive line issues are along way in the right direction. The defense has had some muscle added, but when you get to WR, _____<---- that is what appears. If KC can't get a couple of serviceable bookends, this will be a strictly rebuilding (read:losing) season. I think they still can win 8-9 games, as is, but it will depend on how well Matt Cassell is protected. Let's be real:NYG-loss, Washington-loss, Pittsburgh-loss, San Diego-loss, Buffalo-loss, Jets-loss, Baltimore-loss, Philidelphia-loss. The rest of the schedule is whoever is the least bad team wins. I love the Chiefs, but optimism means 8 wins if things go well, 9 wins if they get lucky against Cincinatti.
Well done with your first post. :welcome:to the Crowd BTW!:bananen_smilies046:

Vandelay
04-19-2009, 12:11 AM
IMO, WR, CB, and QB are the only positions we don't need to worry about.

AussieChiefsFan
04-19-2009, 12:13 AM
:bananen_smilies046:

azchiefsfan
04-19-2009, 12:18 AM
KC has 0 deep threats. And even less hit and run recievers. These new guys are like drilling a well here in the desert, you can dig them, but you're not sure what you'll find at the bottom. They are too unproven to bank on. We need a couple tried and tested veterans. TO would have made KC instantly legitimate.

azchiefsfan
04-19-2009, 12:19 AM
Forgot to say it, but ToGo is starting to show his age. I love the guy. He's a real stud, but there's little else.

Vandelay
04-19-2009, 12:25 AM
KC has 0 deep threats. And even less hit and run recievers. These new guys are like drilling a well here in the desert, you can dig them, but you're not sure what you'll find at the bottom. They are too unproven to bank on. We need a couple tried and tested veterans. TO would have made KC instantly legitimate.
Deep threat = Bradley.
Tested veteran = Ingram .
Hit and run = Bowe

azchiefsfan
04-19-2009, 12:32 AM
WR- Dwayne Bowe, Mark Bradley, Will Franklin, and Kevin Robinson

Dwayne Bowe is a legitimate #1 WR in the making and shouldn't be looked at as someone who needs to be replaced. He could very well turn into a #2 WR if the Chiefs get Boldin or Crabtree or Houshmandzadeh, but the Chiefs don't HAVE to go out and find that #1 WR. They would probably better served by finding a less expensive #2 WR. Mark Bradley was the #2 last season and he impressed a lot of people but he fell off dramatically during the second half of the season and could serve as a good #3 in the future. Will Franklin and Kevin Robinson still need time to develop as most late round WRs do and it's probably too soon to tell what they're going to become.

Here's a very good analysis from the roster thread. Too many maybes and could be's.

jmlamerson
04-19-2009, 12:34 AM

We don't need to draft any more SSs, RBs, or TEs either.

We need to draft OL, DL, FS, and LB. That's it.

jmlamerson
04-19-2009, 12:36 AM
WR- Dwayne Bowe, Mark Bradley, Will Franklin, and Kevin Robinson

Dwayne Bowe is a legitimate #1 WR in the making and shouldn't be looked at as someone who needs to be replaced. He could very well turn into a #2 WR if the Chiefs get Boldin or Crabtree or Houshmandzadeh, but the Chiefs don't HAVE to go out and find that #1 WR. They would probably better served by finding a less expensive #2 WR. Mark Bradley was the #2 last season and he impressed a lot of people but he fell off dramatically during the second half of the season and could serve as a good #3 in the future. Will Franklin and Kevin Robinson still need time to develop as most late round WRs do and it's probably too soon to tell what they're going to become.

Here's a very good analysis from the roster thread. Too many maybes and could be's.

Housh went to Seattle. We aren't getting him. Franklin's been cut. Robinson will be gone by the end of training camp. We signed Engram as our #2.

Are you writing this post from the past?!

Vandelay
04-19-2009, 12:38 AM
We don't need to draft any more SSs, RBs, or TEs either.

We need to draft OL, DL, FS, and LB. That's it.
Yes, those are the positions of most need.

AussieChiefsFan
04-19-2009, 12:38 AM
Housh went to Seattle. We aren't getting him. Franklin's been cut. Robinson will be gone by the end of training camp. We signed Engram as our #2.

Are you writing this post from the past?!I still feel a bit annoyed that he got cut, I always had a soft spot for him.

jmlamerson
04-19-2009, 12:42 AM
I still feel a bit annoyed that he got cut, I always had a soft spot for him.

Franklin was a good college WR. He's too small and fragile to be a NFL WR. Much like Croyle, he's just not a fit for the NFL and will be out of the league pretty soon.

It sucks that we wasted our 4th round pick lat year, but here we are. Herm Edwards/CP picks were pretty awful across the board.

azchiefsfan
04-19-2009, 12:43 AM
The point about the three "go-to" guys is still valid. They are "could be" and "might be" players. My point is, right now, not last month, the WR corp is untested and untried. They sputtered last year and it was "give them a chance, they're new-we need a QB". If you think Bradley, Ingram and Bowe are bankable, I am not sure what team you were watching last year.

AussieChiefsFan
04-19-2009, 12:44 AM
Franklin was a good college WR. He's too small and fragile to be a NFL WR. Much like Croyle, he's just not a fit for the NFL and will be out of the league pretty soon.

It sucks that we wasted our 4th round pick lat year, but here we are. Herm Edwards/CP picks were pretty awful across the board.I always hate hearing or seeing those words. The reason is because I am not exactly a big kid for my age, actually i'm sorta short and I love the position of WR. That's why I hate those words.

jmlamerson
04-19-2009, 12:45 AM
The point about the three "go-to" guys is still valid. They are "could be" and "might be" players. My point is, right now, not last month, the WR corp is untested and untried. They sputtered last year and it was "give them a chance, they're new-we need a QB". If you think Bradley, Ingram and Bowe are bankable, I am not sure what team you were watching last year.

You are aware that Engram wasn't a Chief last year, right?

jmlamerson
04-19-2009, 12:48 AM
I always hate hearing or seeing those words. The reason is because I am not exactly a big kid for my age, actually i'm sorta short and I love the position of WR. That's why I hate those words.

Short WRs are plentiful. By small, I was talking about muscle and frame. Franklin's big advantage is his speed. He'd lose that if he put on more muscle.

It's a bad situation for him, but it's the way it is.

AussieChiefsFan
04-19-2009, 12:49 AM
Short WRs are plentiful. By small, I was talking about muscle and frame. Franklin's big advantage is his speed. He'd lose that if he put on more muscle.

It's a bad situation for him, but it's the way it is.
Fair enouph........

bigpoppachief
04-20-2009, 02:38 AM

Are you writing this post from the past?!

LMAO great quote