PDA

View Full Version : Veterans staying away from Kansas City Camp

Vanilla Garilla
04-18-2009, 02:46 PM
I was just reading this article at espn.com.afcwest blog and found it interesting, and unnerving.

Veterans staying away from Kansas City camp (http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcwest/0-3-2011/Veterans-staying-away-from-Kansas-City-camp.html) http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/09/8.jpg (http://myespn.go.com/profile/violation?ou=afcwestadmin&at=7&vid=1240079920893)
April 18, 2009 2:38 PM
Posted by ESPN.com's Bill Williamson
Two of Kansas City's three disgruntled (or formally disgruntled) players are not practicing with the team Saturday at its voluntary minicamp Saturday.
Guard Brian Waters and tight end Tony Gonzalez _-- the Chiefs' two Pro Bowl players from 2008 __ are not practicing the Kansas City Star reports. (http://chiefsblog.kansascity.com/?q=node/781) Running back Larry Johnson is with the team. His agent said Thursday (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4074178)he would practice and that Johnson is excited about being in Kansas City.
With Waters and Gonzalez sitting out Saturday's practice, does that mean neither of them are excited about being in Kansas City? Quite possibly, yes.
I think the fact that Waters is missing is more interesting than the fact that Gonzalez is missing. The Kansas City Star reports notes that Gonzalez has missed voluntary camps in the past.
But, you would think Gonzalez would want to get a jump on the new era in Kansas City. So, maybe this is a subtle message to the Chiefs to try to trade him before or during next weekend's draft. It has been previously reported (http://blogs.usatoday.com/thehuddle/2009/04/whos-most-likely-to-be-traded-before-the-nfl-draft.html) that Atlanta has been trying to acquire Gonzalez.
His absence will be duly noted by new Kansas City general manager Scott Pioli and new coach Todd Haley. Still, I believe, if Gonzalez is not traded next week, he will show up to the mandatory minicamp in June. Gonzalez is not one to make waves and he has too much respect for his time in Kansas City to cause a major disruption.
In Waters' case, though, I believe the fact that he is not practicing is a strong message. The Kansas City Star (http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/1137858.html) reported earlier this offseason that Waters wants to be traded because he got off on the wrong foot with Haley. His absence may be a sign of him trying to force the issue.
I could see a scenario where the Chiefs try to trade Waters - Buffalo could be interested - for a mid-round draft choice. Whatever happens, Saturday's development shows not all is right in Kansas City.

If this is the case, that's not too good of a sign for KC. I think it definitely shows their lack of interest in the team, heck even LJ is there and supportive. Maybe Tony is playing some basketball in SOCAL, but whats the deal with Waters?

Chief Tyler
04-18-2009, 03:57 PM
More KC Star controversy. Keep in mind that it is a voluntary minicamp.LJ needs to show his support after what happened but, the other 2 most likely won't show up until they have to and it means nothing until then. TO didn't show up the first voluntary minicampfor the Bills, does that mean he isn't excited about being a Bill? Hell no, all this means is they didn't want to participate in voluntary minicamp, nothing more. The KC Star just sits back and salivates over the prospect of all this blowing up in Pioli and Haley's face. I personally think they are Chiefs haters and until I see them reporting posotive stuff I will most likely make this the last post I give for any KC Star reportings as they just can't let the negativity go, no wonder the team has been without a Championship for 40 yrs.

I think they're on the side which sells the most newspapers, and next to the playoffs and player scandal, management turnover is pretty high up there as far as a popular story, they'll come around when we reach the playoffs.

On a side note, I'm one of the jerks that allows them to keep on writing. I pick up the KC Star everyday before breakfast, free of course, just to see what kind of stupid story they have for the day. The last one I read had an article on the Royals by Fatlock, ragging on Hillman over the Cleveland loss. Take Ponson out and lose and he looks bad, keep him in and he looks bad, if the Royals lose he's a villain, if not he and Farnsworth had just another outing. This is the first season in a while that Royals fans have had something to be optimistic about. I hate myself for reading that garbage, even if it is for kicks and giggles. I do feel they will start bandwagoning though if the Royals keep on winning.

honda522
04-18-2009, 04:37 PM
Its optional Gonzo and Waters played hard last season, they probably taking it easy, maybe hitting the weight room at home.

okikcfan
04-18-2009, 05:27 PM
More KC Star controversy. Keep in mind that it is a voluntary minicamp.LJ needs to show his support after what happened but, the other 2 most likely won't show up until they have to and it means nothing until then. TO didn't show up the first voluntary minicampfor the Bills, does that mean he isn't excited about being a Bill? Hell no, all this means is they didn't want to participate in voluntary minicamp, nothing more. The KC Star just sits back and salivates over the prospect of all this blowing up in Pioli and Haley's face. I personally think they are Chiefs haters and until I see them reporting posotive stuff I will most likely make this the last post I give for any KC Star reportings as they just can't let the negativity go, no wonder the team has been without a Championship for 40 yrs.

But also keep in mind that Haley had asked that all the players attend. Haley and Pioli may have known they would not be there and there could be a good reason for it. We just don't know.

Vanilla Garilla
04-18-2009, 05:39 PM
You guys are probably right, I just want the whole team together working as much as possible.

brish
04-18-2009, 07:36 PM
Dammit I had a feeling when I heard that there were some players missing, that they would be the ones..

I hope Waters isn't pulling the "Primadonna" routine on us, but IF he is, then atleast we have a shot at Monroe in the draft, and then Albert at LG. But I wan't Curry dammit!

Im not that worried about TG, I can't imagine him destroying his reputation in KC, by causing big trouble when it becomes crunch time..

AussieChiefsFan
04-18-2009, 09:55 PM
I also find this a bit unnerving because this could indicate that Tony Gonzalez actually DOES want out of KC. I hope for dear life that it doesn't mean that because I am a big fan of TG, but I can't get the thought out of my mind that he wants out. I guess only time will tell from here and iff he isn't gone by the Pre-season IMO he's gonna be staying in KC until he retires.

honda522
04-18-2009, 10:25 PM
I also find this a bit unnerving because this could indicate that Tony Gonzalez actually DOES want out of KC. I hope for dear life that it doesn't mean that because I am a big fan of TG, but I can't get the thought out of my mind that he wants out. I guess only time will tell from here and iff he isn't gone by the Pre-season IMO he's gonna be staying in KC until he retires.
The only reason he wanted out is because CP had the team heading in a different direction. It doesn't help when the team is losing and the coach calls a pass to Mark Bradley or whatever during a game AT HOME when Tony need ONE TD Catch to break the record. He simply wanted to do that at home, it would have been more of an honor at home than anywhere else.

Now, Gonzalez sees that the dice have been rolled, and we are moving the right direction. The last 3 years, the Chiefs havn't been competitive, TG wanted to move on to a team that was. Now, he need not worry.

AussieChiefsFan
04-18-2009, 10:40 PM
The only reason he wanted out is because CP had the team heading in a different direction. It doesn't help when the team is losing and the coach calls a pass to Mark Bradley or whatever during a game AT HOME when Tony need ONE TD Catch to break the record. He simply wanted to do that at home, it would have been more of an honor at home than anywhere else.

Now, Gonzalez sees that the dice have been rolled, and we are moving the right direction. The last 3 years, the Chiefs havn't been competitive, TG wanted to move on to a team that was. Now, he need not worry.
Fair enouph......:bananen_smilies046:

Vandelay
04-19-2009, 12:41 AM
Hey guys, these were voluntary mini camp drills. Alot of vets sit these out every year on alot of different teams.
Yea, I'm not going to read to much into it.

YZILLA
04-19-2009, 04:24 AM
Most of you that are surprised by Tony not being at minicamp know that he had staff at Arrowhead send him his belongings from his locker right? He doesn't want to be here unless all things fall through in a reasonable trade. Waters is another story , I hear he wants a new contract , wants out , a bunch of different stories , But in a Haley interview about sever guys gave him a reason why they wouldn't be there and he was satisfied with it , so who really knows . Let's see how this all plays out starting about Thursday up to the draft day. Alot of crazy stuff is gonna happen I think ! Yeeehaaa! its fun to be a Chiefs Fan right now. :yahoo:

Vanilla Garilla
04-19-2009, 11:03 AM
Yeeehaaa! its fun to be a Chiefs Fan right now. :yahoo:

I hear ya, this is the funnest offseason I have ever been apart of. I think part of it is because I found this site, which allows me to talk with a bunch of other Chiefs nuts, lol. Its just fun to see management who actually work...how about that.

honda522
04-19-2009, 11:16 AM
Hey guys, these were voluntary mini camp drills. Alot of vets sit these out every year on alot of different teams.
Exactly, the only reason there is a big story on it is because the 2 were disgruntled previously.

honda522
04-19-2009, 11:23 AM
What is your source of info regarding his locker belongings being sent to him? I have yet to read anything or hear anything about this with exception from here on the forum. Do you have a link that states it or that the KC organization released a statement saying he is no longer a Chief? How about a video, anything at all? I wanna see something concrete not rumor info that some trouble making KC star reporter posted that a reliable source told him, I want to see concrete evidence in the form of an Official announcement because if you can't deliver anything of the sort then it is nothing more than Internet rumors and I can start one of those anytime I feel like it and I could prolly even fabricate a story with a video and everything. The NFL Network has yet to announce that he has been sent packin nor have I read it at NFL.com. I hate the KC Star rumor machine and their negativity surrounding the team. If I were Pioli I would demand they not publish anymore stories without real evidence but I believe it would be a infrindgement of their right to the freedom of the press. The only bad thing is reports that aren't true usually end up like the Cutler inncodent. Just give me one concrete link to a story I can read or watch or listen to and I will stand corrected, otherwise it is simple Bullshlt rumors.

It was a rumor, stands to be as false as it is true.

honda522
04-19-2009, 11:40 AM
What do you mean exactly? It's either true or it's not true. I am not tryin to be a smart a$$ but I don't understand what your saying.
What I mean, its not proven to be true or false. (Mean TG cleaning out his locker) Thats really what a rumor is.

rammstein
04-19-2009, 12:07 PM
I was just reading this article at espn.com.afcwest blog and found it interesting, and unnerving.

Veterans staying away from Kansas City camp (http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcwest/0-3-2011/Veterans-staying-away-from-Kansas-City-camp.html) http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/09/8.jpg (http://myespn.go.com/profile/violation?ou=afcwestadmin&at=7&vid=1240079920893)
April 18, 2009 2:38 PM
Posted by ESPN.com's Bill Williamson
Two of Kansas City's three disgruntled (or formally disgruntled) players are not practicing with the team Saturday at its voluntary minicamp Saturday.
Guard Brian Waters and tight end Tony Gonzalez _-- the Chiefs' two Pro Bowl players from 2008 __ are not practicing the Kansas City Star reports. (http://chiefsblog.kansascity.com/?q=node/781) Running back Larry Johnson is with the team. His agent said Thursday (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4074178)he would practice and that Johnson is excited about being in Kansas City.
With Waters and Gonzalez sitting out Saturday's practice, does that mean neither of them are excited about being in Kansas City? Quite possibly, yes.
I think the fact that Waters is missing is more interesting than the fact that Gonzalez is missing. The Kansas City Star reports notes that Gonzalez has missed voluntary camps in the past.
But, you would think Gonzalez would want to get a jump on the new era in Kansas City. So, maybe this is a subtle message to the Chiefs to try to trade him before or during next weekend's draft. It has been previously reported (http://blogs.usatoday.com/thehuddle/2009/04/whos-most-likely-to-be-traded-before-the-nfl-draft.html) that Atlanta has been trying to acquire Gonzalez.
His absence will be duly noted by new Kansas City general manager Scott Pioli and new coach Todd Haley. Still, I believe, if Gonzalez is not traded next week, he will show up to the mandatory minicamp in June. Gonzalez is not one to make waves and he has too much respect for his time in Kansas City to cause a major disruption.
In Waters' case, though, I believe the fact that he is not practicing is a strong message. The Kansas City Star (http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/1137858.html) reported earlier this offseason that Waters wants to be traded because he got off on the wrong foot with Haley. His absence may be a sign of him trying to force the issue.
I could see a scenario where the Chiefs try to trade Waters - Buffalo could be interested - for a mid-round draft choice. Whatever happens, Saturday's development shows not all is right in Kansas City.

If this is the case, that's not too good of a sign for KC. I think it definitely shows their lack of interest in the team, heck even LJ is there and supportive. Maybe Tony is playing some basketball in SOCAL, but whats the deal with Waters?

What did Atlanta offer for TG?

honda522
04-19-2009, 12:10 PM
Second round pick, nearly a 3rd round.

okikcfan
04-19-2009, 01:33 PM
The fact is We the Fans have heard nothing from any of these players so as far as we know know these guys are just guessing about everything just to make a story line.

Canada
04-19-2009, 01:57 PM
What is your source of info regarding his locker belongings being sent to him? I have yet to read anything or hear anything about this with exception from here on the forum. Do you have a link that states it or that the KC organization released a statement saying he is no longer a Chief? How about a video, anything at all? I wanna see something concrete not rumor info that some trouble making KC star reporter posted that a reliable source told him, I want to see concrete evidence in the form of an Official announcement because if you can't deliver anything of the sort then it is nothing more than Internet rumors and I can start one of those anytime I feel like it and I could prolly even fabricate a story with a video and everything. The NFL Network has yet to announce that he has been sent packin nor have I read it at NFL.com. I hate the KC Star rumor machine and their negativity surrounding the team. If I were Pioli I would demand they not publish anymore stories without real evidence but I believe it would be a infrindgement of their right to the freedom of the press. The only bad thing is reports that aren't true usually end up like the Cutler inncodent. Just give me one concrete link to a story I can read or watch or listen to and I will stand corrected, otherwise it is simple Bullshlt rumors.
I just thopught of something and felt the need to add it,
I seriously doubt that Chiefs management would allow Tony's locker to be cleaned out by anyone other than Tony himself especially before there is o reason for it. If he hasn't officially been traded or cut by the team, it would be totally unprofessional for that to occur no matter who it is involved so please , keep in mind this isn't a high school team situation we are talking about here. Brian Waters is being the jackass that LJ was 2 years ago so if he wants a new contract or he sits out, I say give him a new contract with another team , like maybe Detroit.

I believe this is his source.

Latest Tony Gonzales News ! - Kansas City Chiefs Forums (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7922)

Read before you post!! :sign0104:

YZILLA
04-19-2009, 02:07 PM
Heres a video of where I am making my statement , Maybe its all fiction but Its on NFL Network.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80fc1f1b

honda522
04-19-2009, 02:32 PM
Heres a video of where I am making my statement , Maybe its all fiction but Its on NFL Network.

NFL Video Galleries (http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80fc1f1b)
So much for being 80% sure he would be:lol:

slc chief
04-19-2009, 03:24 PM
I just thopught of something and felt the need to add it,
I seriously doubt that Chiefs management would allow Tony's locker to be cleaned out by anyone other than Tony himself especially before there is o reason for it. If he hasn't officially been traded or cut by the team, it would be totally unprofessional for that to occur no matter who it is involved so please , keep in mind this isn't a high school team situation we are talking about here. Brian Waters is being the jackass that LJ was 2 years ago so if he wants a new contract or he sits out, I say give him a new contract with another team , like maybe Detroit.

i heard it on nfl live i believe it was tuesday dont know but it was earlier in the week. but they definantly said that tony gonzalez had his locker cleaned out

slc chief
04-19-2009, 03:30 PM
Not enough as Piloi didn't jump on it. In the Draft Interview for Haley and Pioli , Pioli said they will not be trading any under contract Chiefs before the draft, he will entertain offers but not do any trading . ATL or any other team wanting TG will need to pay up for the man, he is very valuable to us right now with us rebuilding and such.

that statemant kind of does not make sense i will entertain offers but not trade. like you said if the price is right they would ship tony in a heartbeat sad but true.i really think cassell needs all the weapons we have to offer right now. and even if we got a second round pick for him who is to say if he pans out. i say keep gonzo if he stays healthy for this year and next year he will get his championship run with the team he belongs with the greatest franchise in the nfl chiefs chiefs chiefs

Canada
04-19-2009, 05:40 PM
I am so sorry I don't live here, if I had the time I would but hey, I watched that and I posted my thoughts. I still think it won't happen until the draft. Noob? LMMFASTFO!!!!! Canada, I expect better from you dude ;)

If thats the case don't try and rip a guy a new one for posting something. I believe you were going off on him about a lack of sources. But I guess NFL network is not reputable enough for you?

Canada
04-19-2009, 06:54 PM
Well, I guess he provided it and like usual your a bit late with the tongue lashing. If you don't like it to bad, what you gonna do about it? I believe I told him good job for providing the info , I watched it and spoke my mind , yet your attitude is as usual impulsivly where it doesn't belong. If you don't like what a person is saying you need to make sure that it isn't you that it's being said to in which this case it wasn't.I wasn't being harsh or maliscious I simply called him on the source and he gave it up. Whats your beef about that?

All I did was post the source from the thread he started. Sorry if you find that impulsive. Don't get your panties in a wad. :sign0098:

Vanilla Garilla
04-19-2009, 07:05 PM
Simmer Down Naw!

Bike
04-20-2009, 07:46 AM
I was not home tuesday so that would be why I didn't see it. Usually if something has consistancy to it, the TV version of NFL Network would keep reporting it through out the week but I haven't seen it yet . Now that I am aware of it I am looking for it as well so maybe it's true maybe it's rumor but the bottom line is if he is traded the best chance it will happen is the draft where Pioli can get what he wants by pressuring ATL. Maybe he will get the early second back, lets hope if he does trade him he gets something we need. I hate the word if, to much use of it LMAO!!!!!!
LMAO!!! Where were you - work?
Or are you one of them 40-something retired/disabled society props that has made my money absolutely worthless...

dbolan
04-20-2009, 10:16 AM
Those guys should be there. It is not like they have to over exert themselves in a voluntary camp. It is more of a leadership demo and to show their anticipation for the upcoming year. To get an idea of what is going on and to start building relationships.

The fact that they are not there is somewhat different than T.O. not going to the Bills camp. In KC, we have entirely new coaching staff and several new, key players whereas the Bill's were still in tact from last season.

I totally percieve this as "wanting out".

Bike
04-20-2009, 12:01 PM
Actually I was in Physical Therapy as I am one of the 40 something retired Military disabled from war people that made your dollar worthless. Does that answer your question?
Yes it does.

Bike
04-20-2009, 12:07 PM
Those guys should be there. It is not like they have to over exert themselves in a voluntary camp. It is more of a leadership demo and to show their anticipation for the upcoming year. To get an idea of what is going on and to start building relationships.

The fact that they are not there is somewhat different than T.O. not going to the Bills camp. In KC, we have entirely new coaching staff and several new, key players whereas the Bill's were still in tact from last season.

I totally percieve this as "wanting out".
Agreed. Waters and Gonzo should really be there - if for nothing else but to show support for new management, teammates, and the shiny new....
CHIEFS

theaxeeffect4311
04-20-2009, 12:32 PM
Agreed. Waters and Gonzo should really be there - if for nothing else but to show support for new management, teammates, and the shiny new....
CHIEFS

But I still think some guys are blowing this out of proportion. Some people think Waters is gone now because he didn't show up. I am not sure Pioli is going to want to trade away our best Guard. We have seen it countless times where guys complain and nothing happens. Since Waters is 32, if he does get traded, then Pioli either does not care what Waters brings to the line or he got a really good deal. If we can get a second rounder for Waters, I think that is the only way that he'll be gone. Tony is a different story though.

honda522
04-20-2009, 12:37 PM
But I still think some guys are blowing this out of proportion. Some people think Waters is gone now because he didn't show up. I am not sure Pioli is going to want to trade away our best Guard. We have seen it countless times where guys complain and nothing happens. Since Waters is 32, if he does get traded, then Pioli either does not care what Waters brings to the line or he got a really good deal. If we can get a second rounder for Waters, I think that is the only way that he'll be gone. Tony is a different story though.
Yes, its just an over reaction by a lot of people. People just need to learn alot of propaganda is out there right now, especially with Pioli being hush hush on everything.