PDA

View Full Version : Most Likely To Be A Draft Bust

Vanilla Garilla
04-18-2009, 06:47 PM
Hey guys, one of these guys listed is bound to be the next big draft bust, who do you guys feel fits that bill?

My Personal opinion is that its going to be QB Josh Freeman, he has not impressed me what so ever, and I don't see him transitioning to the NFL very well.

Coach
04-18-2009, 07:06 PM
I vote Freeman. People want him to be Big Ben, but he's not even in the same neighborhood.

honda522
04-18-2009, 07:11 PM
Well, I can almost narrow it down to QB's cause I think that is probably the hardest position to transition from in college.

DT14PRIEST
04-18-2009, 08:04 PM
Freeman is only in the first round because this QB draft class is so terrible. Any other draft and he'd be a day 2 draftee. He's got the physical tools he just doesn't have the body of work nor any where near close to NFL ready

loyalchief91
04-18-2009, 09:27 PM
Freeman is only in the first round because this QB draft class is so terrible. Any other draft and he'd be a day 2 draftee. He's got the physical tools he just doesn't have the body of work nor any where near close to NFL ready
Agreed

AussieChiefsFan
04-18-2009, 09:44 PM
IMO it's B.J Raji. But feel free to disagree.:bananen_smilies046:

theaxeeffect4311
04-18-2009, 11:00 PM
I'm going to say Brian Orakpo if he has to play in a 3-4. He has a lot of potential to be a possible Damarcus Ware type, but he looks stiff in pass coverage and could look more like Vernon Gholston. He already reminds me of Gholston because Gholston was a workout warrior as well and rose because of the Combine. Orakpo looks more like a football player, but we'll see how this turns out for him.

yashi
04-19-2009, 09:32 AM
Josh Freeman all the way. Almost no chance of him being a good pro IMO.

Vanilla Garilla
04-19-2009, 11:00 AM
I'm finding it interesting that Freeman and Sanchez are tied in the poll. Whats even more so, is that the people who have chosen Sanchez have not stated why, i wonder why this is?

Chief Tyler
04-19-2009, 11:14 AM
Needs to have a "Whoever the Lion's draft" option.
I could honestly see any and all of them being legitimate pro's depending on the team they go to, I'd probably vote Freeman, but he had a pretty good combine and pro day, he has a lot of interceptions and just terrible throws this year, but if he's allowed to polish his skill set somewhere and develop over being thrown right in the fire, he could be really good. And I don't think he's going to be a Big Ben, the only thing they have in common is size.

tornadospotter
04-19-2009, 11:34 AM
I chose Sanchez, because he is a one year wonder so far. I disagree about Freeman. I believe he will be a better pro QB, than college. He has been a starter longer, so has more game time experience.

Vandelay
04-19-2009, 12:05 PM
I'm finding it interesting that Freeman and Sanchez are tied in the poll. Whats even more so, is that the people who have chosen Sanchez have not stated why, i wonder why this is?
I was one who chose Sanchez. And to be honest I don't have a really good reason why, It's just a gut feeling. I get the same vibe off of Sanchez that I get from Lienart, who has so far, been a bust.

Vandelay
04-19-2009, 12:28 PM
Leinhart has been a bust, good call on that one, however Sanchez may be a better QB than Leinhart , Sanchez didn't have the same level of talent that Leinhart did when he was a Trojan and I believe that Sanchez did rather well considering that fact. He may be over rated , only time will tell.
I'm just glad we don't need to draft a QB, because I'm not really sold on any of them.

okikcfan
04-19-2009, 01:16 PM
I'm a big USC fan and I do not see Mark Sanchez making the grade in the NFL. He's my bust pick for 2009.

slc chief
04-19-2009, 06:42 PM
i think sanchez has a good chance of being a bust he played behind a cush offensive line his whole career. was brought in to an already dominate usc football team for his whole career.the defense was awesome. and oh yeah he did not play that long of a college career.i do wish him luck as long as he stays out of the afc. but i think he is a poster boy. and when he gets to the nfl and gets some pressure on him and has to take a hit i think he will buckle.

okikcfan
04-19-2009, 07:05 PM
What is it about his profile that makes you say he will bust? I'm just curious.

Granted he has alot going for him, he was great in high school and as a matter of fact he was voted "Player of the Year" by several major college recruiting services and was considered the top quarterback in the nation coming out of high school in 2005. Now, he only has one season as starting QB for USC in which he did lead the team to a 12-1 season. That was his junior season. He should stay in school. History shows us that kids that leave early and go to the NFL tend to fall flat on there face. Stay in school, show us again what you have to offer and then join the draft. It's the smart thing to do and right now I just have a bad feeling about his coming out so soon but, I do wish him the best of luck no matter where he goes. :11:

slc chief
04-19-2009, 07:43 PM
Granted he has alot going for him, he was great in high school and as a matter of fact he was voted "Player of the Year" by several major college recruiting services and was considered the top quarterback in the nation coming out of high school in 2005. Now, he only has one season as starting QB for USC in which he did lead the team to a 12-1 season. That was his junior season. He should stay in school. History shows us that kids that leave early and go to the NFL tend to fall flat on there face. Stay in school, show us again what you have to offer and then join the draft. It's the smart thing to do and right now I just have a bad feeling about his coming out so soon but, I do wish him the best of luck no matter where he goes. :11:

well said. you still going to wish him luck if he goes to the donkeys though

okikcfan
04-20-2009, 01:18 AM
I will wish him luck but as I said he is my bust pick for the 09 season.....

bigpoppachief
04-20-2009, 02:35 AM
Hey guys, one of these guys listed is bound to be the next big draft bust, who do you guys feel fits that bill?

My Personal opinion is that its going to be QB Josh Freeman, he has not impressed me what so ever, and I don't see him transitioning to the NFL very well.

Ditto