PDA

View Full Version : Herm Edwards Endorses Curry

jap1
04-21-2009, 10:36 PM
So apparently Herm Edwards thinks Curry would be a great draft pick for us at #3. Im sure this will make many of you throw yourselves off the Curry bandwagon while it is moving at 80 MPH down crowded the interstate.

Herm: Chiefs should pick Curry | Red Zone (http://chiefsblog.kansascity.com/?q=node/783)

slc chief
04-21-2009, 10:38 PM
damit i hate herm

northwest
04-21-2009, 10:43 PM
great. now it's all cursed.

Vanilla Garilla
04-21-2009, 10:46 PM
Oh come on guys, Herm is not that bad. He was a horrible game manager, and had a worn out GM behind him. He actually was a decent talent scout, and knows football better than any of us ever could...Look, I know he sucked @ss with the Chiefs, but he is a damn good man, so lets all get off of him already.

DT14PRIEST
04-21-2009, 10:47 PM
THANK YOU HERM~!!! (I mean that)

Hopefully now everyone will see that Curry isn't worth the Chiefs number 3 overall; especially if he is Herm endorsed.

DT14PRIEST
04-21-2009, 10:52 PM
Oh come on guys, Herm is not that bad. He was a horrible game manager, and had a worn out GM behind him. He actually was a decent talent scout, and knows football better than any of us ever could...Look, I know he sucked @ss with the Chiefs, but he is a damn good man, so lets all get off of him already.

I'm not bagging on Herm, I have no doubt he's a great guy and a very good talent evaluator. That being said his evaluation is spot on IF the Chiefs were still running his 43/tampa 2 scheme; then I'd agree that Curry would be a lock. But in the Pioli/Haley era of transition to the 34/43U the Chiefs need to focus on more pressing needs then a solid 'Sam OLB'.

slc chief

never

jmlamerson

Herm Edwards is the Jimmy Carter of football. A decent guy, but you don't want him in charge.

And looking at Herm's draft history, he wasn't the talent scout everyone thinks. Bowe is the only Pro Bowl level guy he's drafted. Albert, Carr, Pollard, and Flowers all look like sating caliber players. I see people's arguments about Page and Dorsey. But that is it. Everyone else is either unproven, underachieving, or an out-and-out bust.

honda522
04-21-2009, 10:59 PM
I DONT GIVE A $hit what Herm thinks, he wouldn't have picked him if he still was the coach.

AussieChiefsFan
04-21-2009, 10:59 PM
I'm sticking to Curry though!

Vanilla Garilla
04-21-2009, 11:11 PM
Herm Edwards is the Jimmy Carter of football. A decent guy, but you don't want him in charge.

Excellent quote jmlamerson, and i couldn't possibly agree more. I just think all of my fellow Chiefs fans are way too hard on the guy. Yes he sucked, yes he didnt know how to manage a game, yes he led the chiefs to the worse seasons in the history of our organization. But here are a few key things to remember when evaluating Herm:

1. King Carl was doing a terrible job helming the Chiefs organization, and was becoming too entirely comfortable at the top, which affected his decisions tremendously.

2. Dick Vermeil (I love this guy) left Herm with an old EVERYTHING.

3. IMO he was never meant to be a head coach anyways, so some blame should be on Peterson and Hunt for hiring him anyways.

I guess my point is, theres more than one person to point a finger out for the last 3 seasons, and a player should definitely not be judged wrongly because of Herm endorses him....Exhales...

slc chief
04-21-2009, 11:19 PM
Excellent quote jmlamerson, and i couldn't possibly agree more. I just think all of my fellow Chiefs fans are way too hard on the guy. Yes he sucked, yes he didnt know how to manage a game, yes he led the chiefs to the worse seasons in the history of our organization. But here are a few key things to remember when evaluating Herm:

1. King Carl was doing a terrible job helming the Chiefs organization, and was becoming too entirely comfortable at the top, which affected his decisions tremendously.

3. IMO he was never meant to be a head coach anyways, so some blame should be on Peterson and Hunt for hiring him anyways.

I guess my point is, theres more than one person to point a finger out for the last 3 seasons, and a player should definitely not be judged wrongly because of Herm endorses him....Exhales...

agreed for the most part. but all you have to do is watch herm coach. to say what the #### was he thinking.and yes he got an old vermeil team. that was highly succesful so instaed of chopping everybody out at once you do it periodicly.duh how coould he think he could do it all at once and not get fired.i can not stand him at all. watching him give advice about what a football team should do is like a lion fan watching matt millen on football night in america screw herm

jap1
04-21-2009, 11:35 PM
I too think Herm was fairly good at spotting pretty decent college talent. (I just posted this because I knew it would annoy the crap out of some of you).

If Queen Carl comes out in support of Curry, then Im going to boycott Curry at #3.

chief31
04-22-2009, 12:00 AM
It is my opinion that Herm should be a DBs Coach and nothing more.

I trust his evaluation of DBs, but nothing else.

I do like Herm's personality, just not when he is the HC of The Chiefs.

I can be pretty down on the guy. But it is always about his coaching abilities.

Chiefster
04-22-2009, 12:26 AM
I care not what Herm thinks. :p

Chiefster
04-22-2009, 12:28 AM

Agreed, as a person he's a great guy; just don't want him as a head coach.

greg3564
04-22-2009, 04:17 PM

Well you pretty much summed up why we fans hate his guts.

No doubt Carl has some blame. But Carl had nothing to do with the gross amounts of bad coaching, horrible play calling on BOTH sides of the football and players who were completely lackadaisical.

I am so tired of this defense. A good coach finds ways to adapt. A good coach doesn't throw their hands up and say "Oh well I have old players, I'm screwed."

Well no, you could blame the Jets for that. The Chiefs merely prolonged the obvious.

Herm's picks are suspect. Some have real potential, some will be good in the future and quite a few are outright busts. There are quite a few football "insiders" who feel his talent recognition isn't all it's cracked up to be either. I'm a numbers guy and Herm won only 42 percent of his regular season games over 8 seasons. That's just horrendous coaching and his leadership, or lack of, showed last season.

Se please spare us the "Herm's not a bad guy" routine. We as fans deserved better, and Herm and Carl both turned our team into the laughing stock of the NFL.

wichitaj
04-22-2009, 04:27 PM
So apparently Herm Edwards thinks Curry would be a great draft pick for us at #3. Im sure this will make many of you throw yourselves off the Curry bandwagon while it is moving at 80 MPH down crowded the interstate.

Herm: Chiefs should pick Curry | Red Zone (http://chiefsblog.kansascity.com/?q=node/783)

i'm surprised he didn't say pick shonn greene.

Sn@keIze
04-22-2009, 09:22 PM

yep, Herm was a DB and should stay in that deparment.

He also one hell of a talker so he does do a good job on ESPN. Still hurts me to look at him, as it does CP.

slc chief
04-22-2009, 10:56 PM
here are my thoughts oh yeah screw herm edwards you suck