PDA

View Full Version : TG an Eagle?

northwest
04-22-2009, 03:25 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/don_banks/04/22/snaps/1.html

The Eagles are said to have offered KC a third round pick for TG. I dont know if if this is true or not, but I hope we don't do anything less than a 2nd rounder.

honda522
04-22-2009, 03:51 PM
Shut up about trading TG. He aint going NO WHERE.

yashi
04-22-2009, 03:53 PM
I think we'd feel better if he would have actually gotten out to mini camp and caught some balls from the new QB...

honda522
04-22-2009, 03:57 PM
He didn't go to a Voluntary camp, no big deal.

Pro_Angler
04-22-2009, 04:19 PM
no less then a 2nd 0r a third and a 4th.

jap1
04-22-2009, 04:57 PM
I think we'd feel better if he would have actually gotten out to mini camp and caught some balls from the new QB...

From what I have read recently and in the past, TG isnt a regular at voluntary minicamps.

IlovetheChiefs
04-22-2009, 05:58 PM
Agh! The Ickles were trying to get TG during last season. I was so glad that fell through. I sure hope he stays in KC. And sure hope if he does go it's not to these Philly guys (UGH!). The ickles big weakness is wr and te. Would hate to have TG bail them out. He could make up for the inaccurate throws from McNabb with his great reaching ability.

Bottom line though, I want the best te of all time to stay in KC where he belongs.

Coach
04-22-2009, 06:02 PM
Philly would be a perfect landing spot for TG. He'd be out of the AFC and on a contender. Eagles would need to up their offer for sure though. If Pioli took a 3rd it would be out of respect for TG wanting a ring. I don't see that happening.

Pro_Angler
04-22-2009, 08:20 PM
like pioli says they dont get a choice they are under contract. pioli can give a rats azz about TG getting a ring anywheres besides the chiefs. He'll send em to detroit outa spite..lmao

AussieChiefsFan
04-22-2009, 09:26 PM
:bananen_smilies046:

theaxeeffect4311
04-22-2009, 10:50 PM
Philly would be a perfect landing spot for TG. He'd be out of the AFC and on a contender. Eagles would need to up their offer for sure though. If Pioli took a 3rd it would be out of respect for TG wanting a ring. I don't see that happening.

I'm surprised Philly isn't giving in to the idea of a second round for Tony G. It's not a crazy thought considering you'd get the best in the business immediately. The Eagles are close to winning a championship and who better to put them over the edge than a guy who deserves a ring like Tony. McNabb and Westbrook are not getting any younger and I thought they were going to pull the trigger last season when they still had Dawkins.

The Philly are in a bit of a "Need to win it all Now" mentality. While it would be crazy, the idea that they just traded for Jason Peters, could possibly trade for Tony G., then trade their other first round pick for Anquan Boldin would really make that team scary. They seem to be getting desperate just to win it all but I can't really blame them. Even if a move like Gonzalez would last about 2-3 seasons instead of drafting a TE in the second and having him for ten years, having that ring and trophy makes all the difference.

pbatrucker
04-22-2009, 11:50 PM
I read an article which stated the Eagles had offered a 3rd round pick. Also stated the Chiefs were not interested in trading TG, and would not trade him unless someone makes an offer they can't refuse.
IMO that would probally be a 2nd round pick.
Coach is right TG would be the perfect fit in philly. McNabb isn't the most acurate QB in the NFL, TG would help greatly.
:bananen_smilies046: :11:

honda522
04-22-2009, 11:58 PM
Agh! The Ickles were trying to get TG during last season. I was so glad that fell through. I sure hope he stays in KC. And sure hope if he does go it's not to these Philly guys (UGH!). The ickles big weakness is wr and te. Would hate to have TG bail them out. He could make up for the inaccurate throws from McNabb with his great reaching ability.

Bottom line though, I want the best te of all time to stay in KC where he belongs.
Exactly how I feel.

AussieChiefsFan
04-23-2009, 12:09 AM
Here's your sig "texaschief"!:bananen_smilies046:

DT14PRIEST
04-23-2009, 12:57 AM
The Eagles will have to play Pioli ball if they want TG so trying to undercut us with just a 3rd RD just won't cut it.

Bike
04-23-2009, 02:20 AM
A 3rd round pick for TG is an insult. 1st round or nada...

okikcfan
04-23-2009, 03:57 AM
I think some may be shocked this weekend weather we like it or not.

jb908
04-23-2009, 02:31 PM
i just heard on ESPN they are close to a deal with atlanta for TG. should be made by the end of the day

pbatrucker
04-23-2009, 03:14 PM
We can close this trend!!!!:11: