PDA

View Full Version : Exercising Question

Vanilla Garilla
04-23-2009, 12:17 AM
Totally off any topic I know.

Today, after not have worked out or exercised for a couple of months, I head downstairs and hopped on the ab lounger, and then the stationary bike. Well after 10 minutes of heavy cycling, Breathing hard, when I step off the bike it feels like I have a huge toothache on every freaking tooth. I have good teeth, and have never noticed this before. The pain went away after my heart rate slowed down and my breathing returned to normal. I just find this very weird, is it because I haven't exercised for a while and went to hard on the cardio right off the bat?

My question is, has anyone ever had this happen to them, and if so what causes this?

AussieChiefsFan
04-23-2009, 12:19 AM
That sounds really weird. If nobody here knows what it is and you think it's serious, you should see your Doctor IMO.

Canada
04-23-2009, 09:16 AM
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2009/04/52.jpg

AussieChiefsFan
04-23-2009, 09:19 AM
:lol:My mum likes that show! House!

Vanilla Garilla
04-23-2009, 10:21 AM

Id hate to hear all the crazy stuff that would be going on if I would go to him.

tornadospotter
04-23-2009, 11:25 AM
I would suggest

RUN!!!! DO NOT STOP, AND DANG SURE DO NOT BEND OVER!!

Hayvern
04-24-2009, 03:09 AM
Totally off any topic I know.

Today, after not have worked out or exercised for a couple of months, I head downstairs and hopped on the ab lounger, and then the stationary bike. Well after 10 minutes of heavy cycling, Breathing hard, when I step off the bike it feels like I have a huge toothache on every freaking tooth. I have good teeth, and have never noticed this before. The pain went away after my heart rate slowed down and my breathing returned to normal. I just find this very weird, is it because I haven't exercised for a while and went to hard on the cardio right off the bat?

My question is, has anyone ever had this happen to them, and if so what causes this?

Actually, I have had this happen before. People do not realize how the heart and the face are connected. Many times when people have a heart attack they feel jaw pain.

Now I am not saying you are having a heart attack, I don't think I ever have. I don't know why it does it, but in the future, make sure you warm up first.

By the way, a little trivia question always was, what day of the week do most heart attacks occur? Most happen on Monday as that is the day when people go back to work after relaxing. You really do need to properly warm up before excercising.

Vanilla Garilla
04-24-2009, 09:32 AM
Actually, I have had this happen before. People do not realize how the heart and the face are connected. Many times when people have a heart attack they feel jaw pain.

Now I am not saying you are having a heart attack, I don't think I ever have. I don't know why it does it, but in the future, make sure you warm up first.

By the way, a little trivia question always was, what day of the week do most heart attacks occur? Most happen on Monday as that is the day when people go back to work after relaxing. You really do need to properly warm up before excercising.

Thanks, that actually makes as great deal of sense. I was researching this online and i read something about the blood being pulled away from muscles to help the heart when you don't give it time to produce the amount you need. Next time, when I am just starting back exercising, I am going to go slower at a warm up pace first, instead of going from first gear to fifth in a second. Thanks alot for your input:sign0098:

P.S I exercised again yesterday, and felt none of the symptoms that I had described earlier. I think my body was just so outta shape from not exercising for a couple months.

Chiefster
04-24-2009, 10:34 AM
This was a topic of discussion on one of the morning Drs shows my wife watches, I hate being laid off, and it has something to do with the rush of blood flow to the jaw as hayvern stated. However, should you continue to experience this kind of tooth pain it's not a good idea to ignore it; you could bring it up in a routine check-up.

Vanilla Garilla
04-24-2009, 10:37 AM
This was a topic of discussion on one of the morning Drs shows my wife watches, I hate being laid off, and it has something to do with the rush of blood flow to the jaw as hayvern stated. However, should you continue to experience this kind of tooth pain it's not a good idea to ignore it; you could bring it up in a routine check-up.

I second that notion brother, I think I finally get to go back in the beginning of June.

Chiefster
04-24-2009, 04:47 PM
I second that notion brother, I think I finally get to go back in the beginning of June.

Good to hear, what is it that you do?

Vanilla Garilla
04-24-2009, 04:56 PM
Good to hear, what is it that you do?

I am a production coordinator for a direct mailing factory. Direct mailing is the credit card apps, political mailings, magazine offers, and other old school Junk Mail you get in your real life mailbox.

Canada
04-24-2009, 06:08 PM
I am a production coordinator for a direct mailing factory. Direct mailing is the credit card apps, political mailings, magazine offers, and other old school Junk Mail you get in your real life mailbox.

So real life spam?? booooooo I have a note on my mailbox that say Please No Flyers, No Junk Mail and no Bills (Buffalo or otherwise) :D

Vanilla Garilla
04-24-2009, 07:03 PM
So real life spam?? booooooo I have a note on my mailbox that say Please No Flyers, No Junk Mail and no Bills (Buffalo or otherwise) :D

Hey man, it pays the bills for a lot of people. So were all so terribly sorry:welcome:. We also mail out good things like checks, charitable items, and free stuff. LOL @ No bill (Buffalo or otherwise). :drunkhb: