PDA

View Full Version : TG TO ATLANTA 2nd round

jb908
04-23-2009, 02:37 PM
TG just went to atlanta for a second round in 10'

jap1
04-23-2009, 02:38 PM
ESPN just reported on Sportscenter that TG is traded to ATL for a 2010 2nd Rounder. Im sad.

Northcountry68
04-23-2009, 02:38 PM
Sad to see him go, had to happen some day, would have rather seen the pick for this year.

fairladyZ
04-23-2009, 02:42 PM
that sucks... I wanted TG but i was ok with a 09 2nd rounder. NOT a 10 2nd rounder

Vanilla Garilla
04-23-2009, 02:44 PM
Sad to see him go, had to happen some day, would have rather seen the pick for this year.

Yeah, I think we would have been far better off if the 2nd round pick was for this year, well lets all hope that the Falcons have a very crappy year so that pick becomes worth a lot more.

Pro_Angler
04-23-2009, 02:49 PM
BS to let him go for a pick next year not knowing the pick placement

pbatrucker
04-23-2009, 02:56 PM
BS to let him go for a pick next year not knowing the pick placement
I agree, the pick would probally help us more this year.
He will always be one of favorite players, I hope this is what he really wants.
:drunkhb: :11:

N TX Dave
04-23-2009, 02:57 PM
Sources: Chiefs agree to deal Gonzalez to Falcons

Source (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9490416/Sources:-Chiefs-agree-to-deal-Gonzalez-to-Falcons)

Updated: April 23, 2009, 1:44 PM EST

The Chiefs have agreed to trade the perennial Pro Bowl tight end to the Atlanta Falcons for a second-round pick in the 2010 draft, FOXSports.com has learned.
Gonzalez has already spoken to both the Chiefs and Falcons about the deal, according to sources.
Gonzalez has been the subject of trade rumors since asking
out of Kansas City in October. Last month, however, Kansas City owner Clark Hunt indicated that his prized tight end would remain with the organization.
"We certainly will not seek a trade for Tony," Hunt told the [I]Kansas City Star. "I think he's excited about the changes we've made here. I think he recognizes that with Todd (Haley) as the head coach, we're going to have an exciting offense and one that will feature the passing game."
Since the end of a 2-14 season, the Chiefs have been in rebuilding mode. They installed Scott Pioli as general manager and Haley as head coach and also traded a pick in this year's draft for former Patriots quarterback Matt Cassel and linebacker Mike Vrabel.
After Gonzalez's trade request in October, then-general manager Carl Peterson said no team that Gonzalez was willing to go to made a good enough offer. Gonzalez has been the symbol of the Chiefs offense for the past 12 seasons, making 10 consecutive Pro Bowls and six All-Pro teams. Kansas City drafted him with the 13th overall pick in 1997.

fairladyZ
04-23-2009, 02:58 PM
i'm wondering if we are not going to try to swap our #3 and the 2nd rounder from 2010 in a deal for saturday to move back and get a 2nd back this year.

jb908
04-23-2009, 03:03 PM
atlanta is going to be sick this year.. they can focus on D now

jb908
04-23-2009, 03:03 PM
thanx for the 3rd post of the same thing

honda522
04-23-2009, 03:06 PM
Thats just bad. Why didn't they take the second round pick for 2009 atleast?

hometeam
04-23-2009, 03:08 PM
It had to go down sometime.

Oh well, I am certain that when Gonzo goes into the hall, he will do it as a chief.

honda522
04-23-2009, 03:08 PM
Yea, and he is the only one to have a source.
Good job N TX Dave.:bananen_smilies046:

pbatrucker
04-23-2009, 03:11 PM
Yea, and he is the only one to have a source.
Good job N TX Dave.:bananen_smilies046:
I agree, but really who needs a source. Every one is covering except the star. ESPN is saying it could be a really awesome trade for the Falcons.
:bananen_smilies046: :11:

honda522
04-23-2009, 03:12 PM
This could seriously alter who the Chiefs pick. I can say I honestly see them get a WR in the draft.

N TX Dave
04-23-2009, 03:13 PM

There was not one when I started typing. :toast2:

honda522
04-23-2009, 03:15 PM
I agree, but really who needs a source. Every one is covering except the star. ESPN is saying it could be a really awesome trade for the Falcons.
True, but I didn't know if these guys were yanking chains. It almost seemed they wanted him to leave.

I think its going to be a big mistake, and Tony will realize that later this year.

Now I am rooting for the falcons to win the SB.

Vanilla Garilla
04-23-2009, 03:15 PM
Oh well, I am certain that when Gonzo goes into the hall, he will do it as a chief.

Without a shadow of a doubt!

fairladyZ
04-23-2009, 03:16 PM
Welp since Gonzo is gone i think we pick Monroe if we stay at #3 since cassell will need more time for our recievers to get open.

pachiefsfan
04-23-2009, 03:20 PM
wow its a sad day for me as a chiefs fan, especially in this day and age when NOBODY retires with one team anymore i was kinda hoping there was a chance tg would. one of mt top three faves alltime, but i guess it was bound to happen, im glad it was there and not philly. hopefully they finish 6-10 and the pick becomes more valuable.

pachiefsfan
04-23-2009, 03:20 PM
not a bad idea

pbatrucker
04-23-2009, 03:24 PM
we are all sad to see TG go. But we really need to offer our condolances to Aussie, he'll be crushed. Sorry Aussie!!!
:toast2: :toast2: :11:

wichitaj
04-23-2009, 03:24 PM
He deserves a chance at a title before he retires, and that won't be happening in KC this year.

It was a good move for kc, trading while still some value.

FalconFan
04-23-2009, 03:30 PM
Thanks for the missing peice in our Offense. I think Pioli cut Dimitroff a discount because of their time together w/ the pats.

pbatrucker
04-23-2009, 03:34 PM
Thanks for the missing peice in our Offense. I think Pioli cut Dimitroff a discount because of their time together w/ the pats.
You just got the final piece to your offense. now you can concitrate on defense. Enjoy TG he's the best.

yashi
04-23-2009, 03:34 PM
Jarron Gilbert or Fili Moala here we come!

See ya Tony, thanks for your services over the years.

FalconFan
04-23-2009, 03:40 PM
You just got the final piece to your offense. now you can concitrate on defense. Enjoy TG he's the best.
Oh yeah. Look at the falcons board. FalconsLIFE Home (http://life.atlantafalcons.com) everyone there is EXCITED about this. People are already calling out #1 offense next year. I just cant see how any team is going to be able to stop Gonzo, Roddy White, Mike Jenkins, and Harry Douglas all while accounting for Mike Turner. I'm sure it sucks for you guys I know all of you would have loved to see him retire a chief...Atleast you know he will go into the HOF as a KC Chief.

bigpoppachief
04-23-2009, 03:44 PM
Oh yeah. Look at the falcons board. FalconsLIFE Home (http://life.atlantafalcons.com) everyone there is EXCITED about this. People are already calling out #1 offense next year. I just cant see how any team is going to be able to stop Gonzo, Roddy White, Mike Jenkins, and Harry Douglas all while accounting for Mike Turner. I'm sure it sucks for you guys I know all of you would have loved to see him retire a chief...Atleast you know he will go into the HOF as a KC Chief.

True that and now I will root for the Falcons to win it all so TG can have a ring :D No hard feelings from me I am going to be a falcons fan until he retires then sorry lol Seriously thought its exciting times in hotlanta for sure and he will go in the HOF as a Chief.

yashi
04-23-2009, 04:02 PM
......I just saw it's a 2010 pick, not 2009. Jarron Gilbert or Fili Moala, here we don't come!

Vanilla Garilla
04-23-2009, 04:07 PM
we are all sad to see TG go. But we really need to offer our condolances to Aussie, he'll be crushed. Sorry Aussie!!!
:toast2: :toast2: :11:

Yeah poor Aussie is gonna be crushed. i remember when I was his age, my Braves let go of my favorite player David Justice, and I was sad for months.

Canada
04-23-2009, 04:19 PM
The worst part will be when the Chiefs play the Falcons this year and beat their as$es!!!

...for the SuperBowl win of course!! You piKCed the wrong team Tony.

IlovetheChiefs
04-23-2009, 04:20 PM
wow its a sad day for me as a chiefs fan, especially in this day and age when NOBODY retires with one team anymore i was kinda hoping there was a chance tg would. one of mt top three faves alltime, but i guess it was bound to happen, im glad it was there and not philly. hopefully they finish 6-10 and the pick becomes more valuable.

Yes it's painful losing TG. And like you, I'm a Pennsylvanian who's also glad that at least he didn't go to the Eagles. I'm neutral about the Falcons. But can't stand the Ickles.

IlovetheChiefs
04-23-2009, 04:23 PM
The worst part will be when the Chiefs play the Falcons this year and beat their as!!!

...for the SuperBowl win of course!! You piKCed the wrong team Tony.

Heyyy good point there! TG will give Atlanta enough to go from 11-5 and first round of the playoffs, to making the Super Bowl. But it won't be enough to win the SB against our superior Chiefs. Of all times for TG to settle for second best.

DT14PRIEST
04-23-2009, 04:45 PM
I think he'll do well in ATL in the twilight of his career. I think ATL will have a decent season, but it'll all revolve around how their defense responds and if Matt Ryan can avoid a sophmore slump.

I'm still not picking ATL as superbowl contenders this year though.

GL Tony G hope you get a playoff win in ATL.

2 years in ATL and 12 in KC. Never forget the team that helped you become a HoF.

65 Toss Power Trap
04-23-2009, 04:54 PM
This really sucks. Tony is a warrior and that is exactly what the Chiefs need this upcoming season. I sure hope Pioli knows what he is doing. He is staking his reputation on Matt Cassel while trading away the teams top reciever who draws a double or triple team every play. I really hope it works out.

m0ef0e
04-23-2009, 05:12 PM
This really sends a statement that the new regime in KC is looking for guys who "want to be a Chief"-- as both Pioli and Haley have said several times.

I hate to lose Tony but it is nice to have management and a coach that says what they mean and means what they say instead of the double-talkers they replaced in Herm and Carl.

I sure hope Tony finds what he's looking for in ATL and gives Falcons fans more to be excited about after making the playoffs just last year. Chiefs fans need something to be excited about as well, though. Unfortunately, we have some more waiting to go for that because it's going to be tough to get really excited about anything until we start winning again.

This here's called the Show-Me State. It's all just talk, trade-rumors, mock drafts, and news stories until the Chiefs show the world what they can do this fall.

josh1971
04-23-2009, 05:20 PM
No offense to Tony, but I'm not rooting for Atlanta. I'm rooting for KC, and the hell with Tony.

Fire away, I don't feel bad about not rooting for a guy who only has a possible ring on his finger at heart.

jb

DT14PRIEST
04-23-2009, 05:26 PM
No offense to Tony, but I'm not rooting for Atlanta. I'm rooting for KC, and the hell with Tony.

Fire away, I don't feel bad about not rooting for a guy who only has a possible ring on his finger at heart.

jb

I'm with you. I'm a Chiefs fan first a foremost.

I could really careless now that he isn't a Chief anymore :S dunno if this makes me a bad person but I always root against ex-chiefs. Wish them the best (always) but really want their teams to lose

edit: unless its like Morten Andersen lol

:11:

billb40
04-23-2009, 05:27 PM
Sad day for KC. Best of luck Tony G. THE BEST.

Do not be surprised if the second round pick 2010 blossoms into more picks in 2009.

TheLateGreat#58Fan
04-23-2009, 05:43 PM
I live in Atlanta, and the town is excited. Tony is already quoted talking about a superbowl run. Remember the Falcons have NEVER had back to back winning seasons.

I think Tony is a great fit for them, and nobody was gonna give us a second this year for him.
We are looking at a mid 2nd pick, I am fine with the trade-build through the draft.

I also would have love to seen Gonzo walking off in the sunset with a KC jersey on and a KC SuperBowl ring
Im getting a little choked up

LETS GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!

Coach
04-23-2009, 06:07 PM
He deserves a chance at a title before he retires, and that won't be happening in KC this year.

It was a good move for kc, trading while still some value.
Let's be honest here. It won't be happening in Atlanta this year either. I would not be shocked if the Chiefs win more games this year than the Falcons do.

This trade had nothing to do with where Tony wanted to play, and everything to do with Pioli getting the most value out of TG.

So long TG, and be careful what you wish for.

willie
04-23-2009, 06:25 PM
"Coach", you have got to be kidding me. You "would not be shocked if the Chiefs win more games this year than the Falcons do". Yeah right. The Falcons will be a playoff team again for sure with this high-powered offense. Sounds like some sour grapes. I don't blame you because this was highway robbery. Atlanta fans are rejoicing for getting the top TE in the NFL and not even having to give up any draft picks this year or a first rounder next year.

dorsetttb
04-23-2009, 06:35 PM
Just another horrible choice in the Chiefs string of poor decisions. It all started off by going with Herm. Herm was obviously no Vermiel. Herm is obviously ill equiped to deal with a dynamic offense.

Tossing away Tony Richardson was unbelievable. You trying for a hard pounding running offense and you toss away one of the best blocking fullbacks ever, when your offensive line is strugging?

Then the nonsense about going for a younger team, followed by throwing away Jared Allen. Jared Allen isnt old. He would have been a great foundation for rebuilding the defense. Wasted...

Also, lets throw away Donnie Edwards. I mean, its not like we want atleast one solid linebacker. Lets toss him away again.

Now lets throw away Gonzo. Between Gonzo, Bowe, and a fresh quaterback, this offense had a shot. All you needed was to tighten up the O-line and maybe add in a good blocking fullback to give LJ some room to run. Nope. You drop Gonzo for a 2nd round draft choice a year from now. Your drop a guy that will probably have 5 more great years for a slim possiblity.

Since Vermiel, the Chiefs have been the most self destructive team in the league.

Chief Tyler
04-23-2009, 06:44 PM
Just another horrible choice in the Chiefs string of poor decisions. It all started off by going with Herm. Herm was obviously no Vermiel. Herm is obviously ill equiped to deal with a dynamic offense.

Tossing away Tony Richardson was unbelievable. You trying for a hard pounding running offense and you toss away one of the best blocking fullbacks ever, when your offensive line is strugging?

Then the nonsense about going for a younger team, followed by throwing away Jared Allen. Jared Allen isnt old. He would have been a great foundation for rebuilding the defense. Wasted...

Also, lets throw away Donnie Edwards. I mean, its not like we want atleast one solid linebacker. Lets toss him away again.

Now lets throw away Gonzo. Between Gonzo, Bowe, and a fresh quaterback, this offense had a shot. All you needed was to tighten up the O-line and maybe add in a good blocking fullback to give LJ some room to run. Nope. You drop Gonzo for a 2nd round draft choice a year from now. Your drop a guy that will probably have 5 more great years for a slim possiblity.

Since Vermiel, the Chiefs have been the most self destructive team in the league.

I'm so glad you gave it more than a couple hours to see how this plays out, TG isn't part of the long term. KC still far off from being a playoff team so TG was nothing more than a transitional player in the new era. The offense may have been competitive, but the defense as it stands isn't. He may have been able to make Cassel's job a little easier in the short run, but if you haven't seen by now, Pioli is building this team for the long term. If the second round pick turns out to be a huge disappointment we might be able to call this a bust, but as it stands we got long term value from an unhappy player while he still had value left.

dorsetttb
04-23-2009, 06:57 PM
I'm so glad you gave it more than a couple hours to see how this plays out, TG isn't part of the long term. KC still far off from being a playoff team so TG was nothing more than a transitional player in the new era. The offense may have been competitive, but the defense as it stands isn't.

TG has several good years left in him. Wouldnt you say that having a competitive offense would allow them to focus on patching up the defense? I would rather be good on one side of the ball then iffy on both sides of the ball...

With Donnie Edwards and Jared Allen still here, the defense wouldnt be no where near as broken as it is.
With these players still here, I would say pick up a DL and a CB and we might be able to slow people down enough to allow our offense to win the game.

He may have been able to make Cassel's job a little easier in the short run, but if you haven't seen by now, Pioli is building this team for the long term. If the second round pick turns out to be a huge disappointment we might be able to call this a bust, but as it stands we got long term value from an unhappy player while he still had value left. So you think TG would have simply made Cassel's job a LITTLE easier? TG makes Bowe and LJ that much more effective. No TG means double coverage on Bowe. This makes Cassel's job significantly harder. Its not like there is anyone else to throw the ball to...

Chiefster
04-23-2009, 07:27 PM
Man this stinks!

Good luck Tony G.

Chiefster
04-23-2009, 07:30 PM
Let's be honest here. It won't be happening in Atlanta this year either. I would not be shocked if the Chiefs win more games this year than the Falcons do.

This trade had nothing to do with where Tony wanted to play, and everything to do with Pioli getting the most value out of TG.

Agreed and well put!

jap1
04-23-2009, 07:50 PM
TG has several good years left in him. Wouldnt you say that having a competitive offense would allow them to focus on patching up the defense? I would rather be good on one side of the ball then iffy on both sides of the ball...

TG makes us better on O, but but a good OL-man would makes us a lot better. One good offensive lineman opening up big holes and giving Cassel plenty of time to throw makes us a lot better ... in my opinion. TG gets so many catches because when the QB panics, he knows he can throw it in the general direction of TG. If you give the QB more time he can find someone open, instead of forcing into 2x or 3x coverage with TG.

With Donnie Edwards and Jared Allen still here, the defense wouldnt be no where near as broken as it is.
With these players still here, I would say pick up a DL and a CB and we might be able to slow people down enough to allow our offense to win the game.

D.Edwards was here last year ... and did nothing! He is too old and injury prone to make a difference. Our D's biggest problem is the inability to stop the run. J. Allen was not known for his run stuffing ability. Even if we had his 14 sacks or whatever he got this year with the Vikes, we would not have won too many more games.

Really, you think our CBs are bad?? We have two really good (possibly future pro-bowl caliber), young, cheap CBs.

So you think TG would have simply made Cassel's job a LITTLE easier? TG makes Bowe and LJ that much more effective. No TG means double coverage on Bowe. This makes Cassel's job significantly harder. Its not like there is anyone else to throw the ball to...

TG doesnt make LJ's job that much easier. You can still put 8 in the box and defend the TE pretty easily. TG isnt fast enough to be a deep threat.

Drunker Hillbilly
04-23-2009, 07:56 PM

WHAT???????? You can't be serious!! The Falcons may double the wins the Chiefs have this year!!!!:drunkhb:

Chiefster
04-23-2009, 08:01 PM
I hate losing TG but the point of what they did is clear. Tony has 3 years left on the contract we had with him, if he is able to continue playing he will want more money and he most likely wouldn't be worth it so instead of allowing that to happen Pioli and Haley get what they can now outta him and attempt to turn it from a 2010 second rounder into a 2009 something or somethings. We have Cottam and he is no TG but he is a good TE for the type of offense we will be going to, the Pro set offense is not a big number offensive set for TE and that is why it makes sense to deal Tony out now rather than later. I hope Tony gets what he wants to but I doubt it will happen because TE's don't win Championships, Defense does and that is what ATL needs to work on now. Hell I gotta deal TG to ATL in my Madden now ,,,,,, DAMN!!!!!

Yeah that's "Maddening"! :D

GlennBree
04-23-2009, 08:03 PM
I'd like to wish Tony the best. Of course we will all miss him.
He has made the impossible happen in the past, made catches that NO one else could of made. I'm so sad to see him go, but want to thank him for all the cheers and high fives he brought to Arrowhead!
He could make the crowd come to it's feet anytime his left the ground. With Tony, you somehow could find hope in even the worst situations.
I wish it could of been a better ending in K.C. for our big guy!
Thank you for all the wonderful years Tony! You truely are one of a kind!!
:bananen_smilies046:

yashi
04-23-2009, 08:04 PM
Chris at least you will get to use the pretty fast 6'7" 270 pound Cottam more now. That could be fun. :D

jap1
04-23-2009, 08:06 PM
WHAT???????? You can't be serious!! The Falcons may double the wins the Chiefs have this year!!!!:drunkhb:

Looking at the schedule they have this year, I can realistically see them with somewhere between 8 and 10 wins, probably making the playoffs.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/teams/schedule?team=atl&year=2009

jap1
04-23-2009, 08:10 PM
Chris at least you will get to use the pretty fast 6'7" 270 pound Cottam more now. That could be fun. :D

Cottam showed some flashes of good receiving skills last year the couple of games that he got significant playing time. I have read a few places that he has good blocking skills, so I am excited to see what he can do as the starter.

Unfortunately now we probably need to draft or pickup a backup TE or someone for short yardage 2xTE packages. Just what we need, another position of need.

fairladyZ
04-23-2009, 08:33 PM
ok so we trade the Donk's our #3 for their #12 and #18.

With #12 we get Tyson Jackson if he still there or BPA for defense. Then with #18 we draft Brandon Pettigrew.

ready, break.

Hayvern
04-23-2009, 08:34 PM
Sorry guys, call me bitter, call me angry, even call me stupid, but this move along highlights the major problem with sports today.

Here again, we have a whiny player who wanted to be dealt. He did everything he could without alienating the slobbering fans in order to get dealt. This is selfishness through and through and while I know many people on this board are in love with Tony, I need not remind you that this is not the first time he has whined like this.

Frankly, I do believe this is something he wanted and I do believe that management decided that based on the trouble he created last year with the club house, it is easier to get something for him than try and force him to play.

Sorry guys, maybe in time my feelings about this will lighten, but Gonzales now is going to be referred to as "the previous Chiefs player that shall remain unnamed."

Will he go into the Hall as a Chief? That will remain to be seen, after how he acted last year, I would not be surprised if he doesn't choose to go in as a Falcon.

yashi
04-23-2009, 08:45 PM
Cottam showed some flashes of good receiving skills last year the couple of games that he got significant playing time. I have read a few places that he has good blocking skills, so I am excited to see what he can do as the starter.

Unfortunately now we probably need to draft or pickup a backup TE or someone for short yardage 2xTE packages. Just what we need, another position of need.

I think the only concern with Cottam is whether or not he can stay healthy. He's basically the Brodie Croyle of tight ends, unfortunately. One thing that might help is that Haley's offense doesn't use the tight end a lot, so he might not have to be relied on that much.

But a 6'8" 270 lb TE that runs a 4.65 with good hands? I'm actually really excited to see what he can do.

Pro_Angler
04-23-2009, 09:21 PM
I've really liked most of what the new Kansas City regime has done this offseason.
Until now.
I hate the decision to trade (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4092471) tight end Tony Gonzalez (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=1231) to Atlanta.
I was against it when Gonzalez requested a trade in October. I was against it this offseason when the talk resurfaced and I am against it now. I am really down on it now that I've heard what the Chiefs got in return for Gonzalez: A second-round pick in 2010.
This certainly balances out Kansas City's steal of a trade for quarterback Matt Cassel (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=8644) and linebacker Mike Vrabel (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=1257) earlier this offseason. It only cost Kansas City a second-round pick for the two players. The least Kansas City should have received in return for Gonzalez was a second-rounder in this weekend's draft.
It just doesn't make sense that Kansas City has to wait until next year to get compensation for Gonzalez. The Chiefs need plenty of help now. They could use another quality rookie.
They could still use Gonzalez as well. He was brilliant last season and he had one of his better seasons with 96 catches.
Gonzalez, who owns every significant NFL receiving record for a tight end, is 33 but is still playing at a high level. He caught 195 passes in the past two seasons. How are the Chiefs going to replace all the catches?
The Chiefs will regret this day. Gonzalez has been a pillar in the community as well as one of the greatest players in team history.
I thought Kansas City owner Clark Hunt had a handle on that when he said last month that the team didn't want to trade Gonzalez. The team needed to talk Gonzalez into being part of the new regime. He could have brought so much to the Cassel era.
Sure, Kansas City probably wasn't excited that Gonzalez didn't show up for a voluntary minicamp last weekend, but he has missed voluntary camps in the past. Gonzalez said last month he was a "neutral" about a trade. Kansas City didn't have to trade him.
This was a bad move by the Chiefs and it was a move that makes it difficult to believe they will be improved in 2009 because of it.

chiefsfreak4life
04-23-2009, 09:25 PM
ok so we trade the Donk's our #3 for their #12 and #18.

With #12 we get Tyson Jackson if he still there or BPA for defense. Then with #18 we draft Brandon Pettigrew.

ready, break.

I'm with you for Jackson, but at 18 I would take best available OT or LB.
Then in the third I would take Chase Coffman out of Missouri, if, if we really felt we need a TE. Personally I think Cottom will fill the bill at TE.

honda522
04-24-2009, 12:05 AM
The truth is year, I believe the Falcons have a better chance of reaching the SB than we do.

Sn@keIze
04-24-2009, 01:38 AM
:( :(

It was a good deal.

Im still upset. We just lost argueably the best player in Chiefs history.

AkChief49
04-24-2009, 02:15 AM
Falcons got a damn good player. We received a 2nd rounder in '10. Which could be parlayed somehow to trading out of #3 or picking up a 2nd rounder this year. Who knows? We'll find out on Saturday. We lost a player near and dear, but hey, that's part of the business. Move on. I will keep my #88 on the wall, but to he!! rooting for the Falcons.

rbedgood
04-24-2009, 02:39 AM
For those who question Coach's statement about the Chiefs wins vs. the Falcons wins this year just look at the difference in the two team's division.

The Chiefs get 2 games against Oakland, the collapsing Donkeys and the Chargers with a diminishing LT, soon to be jailed DT (Williams) and a rusty, unreliable Merriman. Sorry but compare that to 2 games against Carolina, New Orleans and Tampa and I'll give the Chiefs at least a 2-3 game advantage after divisional games. So say the Falcons go 6-4 in their other games, all the Chiefs have to do is 3-7 to match them overall. Not too far-fetched.

Bike
04-24-2009, 05:53 AM
The Falcons have lost their entire defense.

Bike
04-24-2009, 06:05 AM
:( :(

It was a good deal.

Im still upset. We just lost argueably the best player in Chiefs history.
No doubt. I always felt TG was/is a great player and a great person.
However....
Tony decided that KC wasn't good enough for him to finish his career. After all these years here, he's decided he's had enough.
I am a big TG fan, but I am HUGE Chiefs fan.
Therefore - good luck to you Tony. But know this:

Atlanta sucks

CHIEFS ROCK

Bike
04-24-2009, 06:26 AM
Relax, no reason to bang a guy for trying to post a breaking story. Enjoy the fact that you are lucky enough to be here and read it ;)
3 times!

Bike
04-24-2009, 06:31 AM
I'm with you. I'm a Chiefs fan first a foremost.

I could really careless now that he isn't a Chief anymore :S dunno if this makes me a bad person but I always root against ex-chiefs. Wish them the best (always) but really want their teams to lose

edit: unless its like Morten Andersen lol

:11:
Thats right. You're either with us or you're not.
Tony is not. His loyalties have shifted south.
Mine will stay right here.

dbolan
04-24-2009, 09:25 AM
I said he was on his way out and that is a good thing.

Drunker Hillbilly
04-24-2009, 09:50 AM
For those who question Coach's statement about the Chiefs wins vs. the Falcons wins this year just look at the difference in the two team's division.

The Chiefs get 2 games against Oakland, the collapsing Donkeys and the Chargers with a diminishing LT, soon to be jailed DT (Williams) and a rusty, unreliable Merriman. Sorry but compare that to 2 games against Carolina, New Orleans and Tampa and I'll give the Chiefs at least a 2-3 game advantage after divisional games. So say the Falcons go 6-4 in their other games, all the Chiefs have to do is 3-7 to match them overall. Not too far-fetched.
I'm guessing you chalked up 2 wins against Oakland before last season too!!!!!!

Canada
04-24-2009, 10:22 AM
I'm guessing you chalked up 2 wins against Oakland before last season too!!!!!!

I have done it for the last 6 years and have only been wrong once!! :p

IlovetheChiefs
04-24-2009, 10:38 AM

And even going 6-4 will be a challenge, for these are the Falcons' non divisional games:

at NE
MIAMI
at Giants
at Dallas
PHILLY
at Jets
CHICAGO
WASH
at SF
BUFFALO

So this means that only TWO of the Falcons 16 games this year will be against teams that had a losing record (SF and Buffalo). And even those 2 teams barely had a losing record (7-9).

Besides, at the start of last season who would have thought the Cardinals would end up in the Super Bowl? Or that Miami would win their division after going 1-15? Nothing is really farfetched (except for Oakland having a winning record, that is!)

Bike
04-24-2009, 11:00 AM
that sucks... I wanted TG but i was ok with a 09 2nd rounder. NOT a 10 2nd rounder
Me too.

rodu
04-24-2009, 11:08 AM
sad to see him go, Pioli will have to make that pick worth while

IlovetheChiefs
04-24-2009, 11:09 AM
That's my feeling too. I'm not only sad to see TG go but also upset that a 2nd round pick NEXT year is what we got for him. Falcons got the better deal here.

Canada
04-24-2009, 11:22 AM
That's my feeling too. I'm not only sad to see TG go but also upset that a 2nd round pick NEXT year is what we got for him. Falcons got the better deal here.

We will see. Depends on who that 2010 2nd rounder turns out to be.:bananen_smilies046:

Coach
04-24-2009, 10:16 PM
"Coach", you have got to be kidding me. You "would not be shocked if the Chiefs win more games this year than the Falcons do". Yeah right. The Falcons will be a playoff team again for sure with this high-powered offense. Sounds like some sour grapes. I don't blame you because this was highway robbery. Atlanta fans are rejoicing for getting the top TE in the NFL and not even having to give up any draft picks this year or a first rounder next year.

Check back in 8 months and we'll who was right.

Finally someone else gets it. Their defense may be more depleted than ours.

KristofLaw
04-24-2009, 10:25 PM
Too bad... sad to see him go but I have to wonder if this is someplace he would have rather been. Atlanta's not much better than KC in my opinion. A change of attitude is what needed to take place and it would seem our star is on the rise.

We have a top of the line stadium up-coming, great management, a youthful but talent-laden team. And who's to say that ATL can repeat last yrs success, that division is topsy-turvy year in year out.

Best wishes for TG but I don't see a superbowl. Just my OP tho'.

jmlamerson
04-25-2009, 11:44 AM
Finally someone else gets it. Their defense may be more depleted than ours.

While the Falcons dfense isn't the best in the league or anything, it isn't even the worst in their division. They have legitimate playmakers in Abraham, Peterson, and Lofton. They have young guys with promise in Anderson and Houston. And they have the chance to upgrade their other slots in the draft. Their personnel vastly outstrips ours.

Canada
04-25-2009, 01:38 PM
While the Falcons dfense isn't the best in the league or anything, it isn't even the worst in their division. They have legitimate playmakers in Abraham, Peterson, and Lofton AND TONY GONZALEZ. They have young guys with promise in Anderson and Houston. And they have the chance to upgrade their other slots in the draft. Their personnel vastly outstrips ours.

FYP!! :bananen_smilies046:

That being said, the Falcons sukc!! http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2009/04/50.jpg

They may have Tony for a couple of years but Atlanta will always be the team that we put 8 rushing TDs on!! :lol:

Coach
04-25-2009, 01:45 PM
While the Falcons dfense isn't the best in the league or anything, it isn't even the worst in their division. They have legitimate playmakers in Abraham, Peterson, and Lofton. They have young guys with promise in Anderson and Houston. And they have the chance to upgrade their other slots in the draft. Their personnel vastly outstrips ours.
The Falcons D finished 24th/32 on defense last year and was the worst in their division.

But I can understand how losing Michael Boley, Dominic Foxworth and Keith Brooking would make you optimistic.

Drunker Hillbilly
04-25-2009, 02:33 PM
And you point is????? They had a terrible defense last year. Look where that got them!!

Drunker Hillbilly
04-25-2009, 02:34 PM
I have done it for the last 6 years and have only been wrong once!! :p
Even as Rosie as you are can see that last season was a bit different than years past!

Canada
04-25-2009, 02:36 PM
Even as Rosie as you are can see that last season was a bit different than years past!

Yup, but things will get back to normal this year!! :p

Drunker Hillbilly
04-25-2009, 02:38 PM
Yup, but things will get back to normal this year!! :p
I sure hope so but I have a feeling the suck a$$ Faders are going to be a bit better this year than they were last year.

KristofLaw
04-25-2009, 10:49 PM
I sure hope so but I have a feeling the suck a$$ Faders are going to be a bit better this year than they were last year.

They're faster. :D

Vandelay
04-26-2009, 01:20 AM
Haven't been able to be on here the past few days, my thought on Gonzales are as such. He is the greatest TE to ever play the game, and I've enjoyed watching him play. As far as the Falcons are concerned, I could not care less if they lose every game this year, and I truely believe the Chiefs will be in the playoffs this year, and the falcons will not.

Bike
04-29-2009, 04:28 PM
I really can't see the Faders winning a single game this season. They really do suck.

jmlamerson
04-29-2009, 04:58 PM
I really can't see the Faders winning a single game this season. They really do suck.

The thing is, they have a lot of talent on that team. Their OL is above average (especially with Satale and Barnes added). They have a great RB corps. Bey and Walker aren't a terrible couple of starting WRs. And the defense is solid (or better, in the cases of Morrison and Asomugha) to a man. Russel is pretty average, but he isn't the worst starting QB in the league (that honor goes to either Daunte Culpeper or Sage Rosenfels).

They're like the Redskins, another talented team that never goes anywhere. The problem is management and coaching. No one respects the coach because he could be replaced on a whim by the owner. No one respects the owner, because he's nuts. They're running an offense that hasn't worked in a decade. And the players have a vastly inflated sense of their own worth.

They'll win a few games on talent alone, but no more than that.

SDChief09
05-01-2009, 02:06 AM
And now, we have 3 picks early in the next draft already without even moving waters or LJ(both may stay who knows) and next season, Thigpen may be trade bait.....I see Pioli making a lot of moves NEXT draft when he CAN make the right moves...this year he was hurt by the lack of a 2nd rounder...to come out with the 2 best 5 tech monster DE's....who are also great people with connections to starters on out D (Dorsey/Pollard)....thats a plus.