PDA

View Full Version : Alright, so TG is gone. What affect on....?

ctchiefsfan
04-23-2009, 06:18 PM
Ok, so TG is gone. I'm not happy about it. Don't suspect many are. But there it is.

So how does this affect the LJ situation?

I mean, he's an f***ing ego freak and he's the last of the "stars" from a few years ago. We busted his contract. How's he going to react to this trade?

Is he ready to step up and try to carry the team the way TG was always willing to?

Or is he a drunken, woman beating, drug using piece of garbage?

And are we going to keep him, or is Pioli working a deal for him even as I type?

Trading TG is a BIG sign that things are changing and in a HUGE way.

Yeah, we started talking "rebuilding" last year, but trading TG says to me "rebuilding with a capitol R"

What do you all think?

Tell you what, I really wish I could do a "vulcan mind meld" with Pioli right about now.

jmlamerson
04-23-2009, 06:20 PM
It doesn't affect the LJ situation in any way, shape, or form.

Vanilla Garilla
04-23-2009, 06:55 PM
Agreed, TG goes to ATL with a smile and a hope and LJ stays on the team because Haley has said that everyone that wants to be a Chief can be there with a clean slate and earn their keep. LJ wants in and Tony wanted out ,period.

Completely agree, but with that said, whats that mean for Waters who does apparently want out?

loyalchief91
04-23-2009, 07:54 PM
I could forsee Waters gettin traded.. With Pioli and Haley you never know

IlovetheChiefs
04-23-2009, 08:08 PM
Agreed, TG goes to ATL with a smile and a hope and LJ stays on the team because Haley has said that everyone that wants to be a Chief can be there with a clean slate and earn their keep. LJ wants in and Tony wanted out ,period.

Does LJ really want in? That's good news. For the past few months I've been worried about losing both LJ and TG. TG's comments at the Pro Bowl had me worried it was a real possibility but I also had hopes he could stay. But LJ I thought was highly unlikely to remain a Chief. So I hope his likelihood of staying is increased now.

And yeah hopefully Waters stays too. Despite some good changes, you hate to see too many good vets go. And we were clearly hurt by the dismissal of Jared Allen last year (barely any sacks after he left. I think he had more as a Viking than our whole d, at least at one point).

Chiefster
04-23-2009, 10:24 PM
Agreed with all of the above; don't really see how one has anything to do with the other.

dbolan
04-24-2009, 09:50 AM
LJ showed up to voluntary camp. Tg did not, plus he alledgedly cleared out his belongings. That is the difference between who did and did not want to be a Chief.

Plus...Don't think that LJ is doing this without motive. If he busts his can this year and keeps his nose clean, he will be marketable next year and that very well could be the same thinking on behalf of the MGMT as well.

IlovetheChiefs
04-24-2009, 10:09 AM
Well that'll be good if we get one more season with LJ. I'll feel better having him stick around for what should be a much improved but possibly still short of a contender year. Then by 2010 Pioli, Haley, and the Chiefs players could better handle and offset the loss of an LJ caliber rb.