PDA

View Full Version : is dorsey next!!! atl radio show says maybe

slc chief
04-23-2009, 06:57 PM
after the anouncement of the tg trade on myers and hartman there was a atlanta radio talk host saying their has been rumors of atlanta offering their first and another pick this year for glen dorsey i know it is all rumor but man this is getting crazy

Vanilla Garilla
04-23-2009, 07:00 PM
I would actually be reasonably happy with that trade if it ever came to fruition. These two GM's do have a history together, so we might see alot of dealing between Chiefs and Falcons, and Chiefs in Patriots for a long while.

pbatrucker
04-23-2009, 07:12 PM
It would make a lot more sence than the TG deal.
:bananen_smilies046: :11:

Hayvern
04-23-2009, 08:46 PM
I wonder if this is one of those deals like the deal that brought Cassel over. If everyone remembers, they first announced the Vrebal deal, and that deal seemed a little steep, Vrebel or a second round pick, but then when the final deal came out and everyone heard Vrebel and Cassel for second round pick it all made sense.

I could see this deal with AFCPTWRU growing into something bigger before the end of the weekend.

yashi
04-23-2009, 09:04 PM
We better get their 1st and 2nd rounders this year for him if we have to endure that cap hit and trade away a bright young 4-3 DT who was the #5 pick last season.

Alex Mack and Ron Brace would help fill out our lines nicely.

Pro_Angler
04-23-2009, 09:18 PM
dorsey gone would be awefull!!! unless we get a 1st and a 2nd or 3rd.

chiefsfreak4life
04-23-2009, 09:19 PM
I think it is very possible we take that 2010 pick and trade it for more picks in this draft.

bigpoppachief
04-23-2009, 10:40 PM
I seriosuly think that with the Skins wanting and crazy Snyder I am HOPING we trade 3 for thier first and secon this year or first and third this year and a first next year
IMagine having 4 picks in the drafts first two rounds enxt year !

yashi
04-23-2009, 10:42 PM
I seriosuly think that with the Skins wanting and crazy Snyder I am HOPING we trade 3 for thier first and secon this year or first and third this year and a first next year
IMagine having 4 picks in the drafts first two rounds enxt year !
They don't have a 2nd this year. They already traded it away.

Vanilla Garilla
04-23-2009, 11:03 PM
They don't have a 2nd this year. They already traded it away.

I just read something on this @ Scout.com: Gonzalez Traded To Falcons - More Brewing? (http://kan.scout.com/2/859321.html)
That said they would probably trade for the Falcons 24th overall and 90th overall selections for Dorsey. I say go for this trade, seeing as Dorsey doesn't fit well with our new scheme. But man, be careful if we do trade because I think were creating a monster in the NFC.

KottkeKU
04-24-2009, 12:48 AM
I just read something on this @ Scout.com: Gonzalez Traded To Falcons - More Brewing? (http://kan.scout.com/2/859321.html)
That said they would probably trade for the Falcons 24th overall and 90th overall selections for Dorsey. I say go for this trade, seeing as Dorsey doesn't fit well with our new scheme. But man, be careful if we do trade because I think were creating a monster in the NFC.

i would want their 24th, 90th, and their young guard that is a few years old (cant remember his name, but they got him in the middle/late rounds i remember)....then trade for Dorsey...

GO ATL....the Atlanta Chiefs...

pbatrucker
04-24-2009, 01:01 AM
:beer: I think the Dorsey trade will be made. I also think we trade down with Denver and pick up a 1st and 2nd there. It could get interesting from here until sunday.

theaxeeffect4311
04-24-2009, 01:01 AM
i would want their 24th, 90th, and their young guard that is a few years old (cant remember his name, but they got him in the middle/late rounds i remember)....then trade for Dorsey...

I agree. I would stretch the deal just a little bit. Take the 24th, 90th, and a player of some sort. A guard would be great but it may not work out that way. I would like Tyson Clabo, their young RT, but I'm not sure if they'd be willing to give him up. If anyone, it would be one of their young LBs or DEs who are a better fit for a 3-4.

texaschief
04-24-2009, 02:13 AM
dang.... could you imagine if we traded Dorsey AND the #3 pick to Denver? Good lord.

#12- B.J. Raji?
#18- Rey Mauluga?
#24- Tyson Jackson?
#55- Andy Levitre?
Matt Cassel
Mike Vrabel

That would be a GREAT haul for our first two rounds.

rbedgood
04-24-2009, 02:44 AM
I don't see Raji being there at #12...personally I think he goes somewhere between 7-9

ctchiefsfan
04-24-2009, 04:05 AM
LORD! This is getting crazy! Maybe we just put Chiefs, ATL and Pats management in a room and let them play "Go Fish". Between the 3 of them we'd have the Super Bowl teams for the next 5 years!

Bike
04-24-2009, 06:41 AM
:beer: I think the Dorsey trade will be made. I also think we trade down with Denver and pick up a 1st and 2nd there. It could get interesting from here until sunday.
The 20 million dollar cap hit nixes the Dorsey trade.
And Denver aint playin' ball with us - except while gettin their a$$es stomped twice during the regular season...

yashi
04-24-2009, 07:18 AM
24th and 90th wouldn't do it for me, at least not for Dorsey.

One trade I would consider is Dorsey for their 24th pick and Jamaal Anderson, a 6'6" 280 lb DE that might be able to play end in the 3-4. A lot of Falcons fans don't like him since he's not a big sack guy, so he doesn't really fit the 4-3.

A deal involving Hali for Jamaal Anderson makes the most sense.

dbolan
04-24-2009, 09:35 AM
after the anouncement of the tg trade on myers and hartman there was a atlanta radio talk host saying their has been rumors of atlanta offering their first and another pick this year for glen dorsey i know it is all rumor but man this is getting crazy

If we could get that for Dorsey, all is good in Chiefland!

Too funny..ATL would give that for Dorsey (unproven player) but only a 2nd rd'er for TG! LOLOLOL!!

Sounds like we should have made a package deal from the start!:toast2:

Vanilla Garilla
04-24-2009, 09:36 AM
I'm sorry fellas but I really don't see the Falcons giving up the 24th, 90th and a solid DE. Hell they barely gave up a 2nd rounder next year for the best TE in the history of the game.

wildcat
04-24-2009, 09:40 AM

I don't know if that makes a lot of sense. He won't even be eligible to play in the NFL for another 17 years or so!

P.S. Sorry for this waste of a post, but I could not resist.

pbatrucker
04-24-2009, 09:59 AM
I'm sorry fellas but I really don't see the Falcons giving up the 24th, 90th and a solid DE. Hell they barely gave up a 2nd rounder next year for the best TE in the history of the game.
:bananen_smilies046:
I don't think they will give up all of that either. But you have to remember, the falcons did a coin toss between Rtan and Dorsey last year. They really like him and if you compare his rookie stats with other top DT, they arn't that bad. They are projected in some mocks as taking a DT. It would make sense on their part to take someone who has had a year to get used to the speed of the NFL.
I'm not hearing it anywhere, but I have a feeling the Denver owner isn't happy with his rookie coach. He's backing him up publicly, as he should. But I really think the owner has told them to get a replacement for Cutler. I don't believe they will give up both 1st rd picks, but a 1st and 2nd maybe.
Raji or Jackson probally wouldn't be available from 12 on, but Mathews, Loadholt and Brace could be.

yashi
04-24-2009, 10:09 AM
I don't know if that makes a lot of sense. He won't even be eligible to play in the NFL for another 17 years or so!

P.S. Sorry for this waste of a post, but I could not resist.
:lol::lol::lol:

Vanilla Garilla
04-24-2009, 10:16 AM
:bananen_smilies046:
I don't think they will give up all of that either. But you have to remember, the falcons did a coin toss between Rtan and Dorsey last year. They really like him and if you compare his rookie stats with other top DT, they arn't that bad. They are projected in some mocks as taking a DT. It would make sense on their part to take someone who has had a year to get used to the speed of the NFL.
I'm not hearing it anywhere, but I have a feeling the Denver owner isn't happy with his rookie coach. He's backing him up publicly, as he should. But I really think the owner has told them to get a replacement for Cutler. I don't believe they will give up both 1st rd picks, but a 1st and 2nd maybe.
Raji or Jackson probally wouldn't be available from 12 on, but Mathews, Loadholt and Brace could be.

Yeah good points:bananen_smilies046:. It will definitely be interesting to see what happens, I guess we will find out soon enough:yahoo:

jmlamerson
04-24-2009, 10:36 AM

Agreed, Vanilla Garilla. Most GMs aren't exactly idiots. And Dimitroff is smarter than most. He isn't trading mutiple picks for Dorsey, and he isn't trading high picks for Dorsey.

okikcfan
04-24-2009, 05:52 PM
I wonder if this is one of those deals like the deal that brought Cassel over. If everyone remembers, they first announced the Vrebal deal, and that deal seemed a little steep, Vrebel or a second round pick, but then when the final deal came out and everyone heard Vrebel and Cassel for second round pick it all made sense.

I could see this deal with AFCPTWRU growing into something bigger before the end of the weekend.

OK, I don't want to feel really stupid, which sometimes happens, but I really don't have a clue what "AFCPTWRU" means? lol, Help me Please! :11:

Hayvern
04-24-2009, 06:48 PM
OK, I don't want to feel really stupid, which sometimes happens, but I really don't have a clue what "AFCPTWRU" means? lol, Help me Please! :11:

Sorry guys, I have an odd sense of humor and each season I latch onto some saying that I continually use throughout the season as a way to have fun.

Last season I had two

"I just can't say enough bad about Herm!"

and

"Look at that, there goes my man Pollard!"

This year it will be

"A Former Chief Player that Will Remain Unnamed" or AFCPTWRU.

I will explain it again when asked.

dietsch
04-24-2009, 07:07 PM

who is that in your signature? it makes me :yahoo: