PDA

View Full Version : Some BS off a redskins forum.

bigpoppachief
04-24-2009, 01:43 PM
I was on hailredskins and they were talkign about someone that works there seeing Cooley walking around and asked what was wrong and said he was traded to KC IM saying BS but why would we give up anything for him or do you think IF that was true would it be for our 3 plus thier one and two maybe ?

honda522
04-24-2009, 01:46 PM
Why would we need Cooley? He is ok, but we need a reciver.

bigpoppachief
04-24-2009, 01:49 PM
Why would we need Cooley? He is ok, but we need a reciver.

I agree jsut posting some rumors i read on the redskins forum hailredskins.com

honda522
04-24-2009, 02:01 PM
dumb skinners :p

DT14PRIEST
04-24-2009, 02:07 PM
I like Cooley but I don't think we would trade anything for him. Not sure how much the new 'offensive' schematics need an H-Back and even then I doubt the Chiefs would even trade for one. That being said I wouldn't mind having him if he came for the right price in some sort of draft-tastic fiaso-ish manner.

N TX Dave
04-24-2009, 02:12 PM
I was on hailredskins and they were talkign about someone that works there seeing Cooley walking around and asked what was wrong and said he was traded to KC IM saying BS but why would we give up anything for him or do you think IF that was true would it be for our 3 plus thier one and two maybe ?

They don't have a two or four this year.

yashi
04-24-2009, 02:26 PM
I call 100% BS on this one.

honda522
04-24-2009, 03:14 PM
They don't have a two or four this year.
I assume your talking about the Chiefs, I didn't realize we had to pay ATL a 4th round pick to take TG :lol:

N TX Dave
04-24-2009, 03:25 PM
I assume your talking about the Chiefs, I didn't realize we had to pay ATL a 4th round pick to take TG :lol:
No I am talking about Deadskins they don't have a second round pick this year.

honda522
04-24-2009, 03:34 PM
Oh, why would they be giving out picks to get rid of a player? I don't really understand why you siad they don't have a 2 or 4 this year. Its not really relevant. I am confused. :0

Chiefster
04-24-2009, 03:46 PM
...Don't see anything about it on www.kcchiefs.com (http://www.kcchiefs.com)

N TX Dave
04-24-2009, 03:49 PM
Oh, why would they be giving out picks to get rid of a player? I don't really understand why you siad they don't have a 2 or 4 this year. Its not really relevant. I am confused. :0

It was in repsonse to this

"I was on hailredskins and they were talkign about someone that works there seeing Cooley walking around and asked what was wrong and said he was traded to KC IM saying BS but why would we give up anything for him or do you think IF that was true would it be for our 3 plus thier one and two maybe ?"

wichitaj
04-24-2009, 04:43 PM
who cares what them injun's say, they must have been hittin the firewater early today.

Vanilla Garilla
04-24-2009, 04:54 PM
who cares what them injun's say, they must have been hittin the firewater early today.

Lol, in case you haven't noticed our team are also "injuns" as you put it.

slc chief
04-24-2009, 05:22 PM
the initial talk is about kc and washigton swapping first round picks and us receiving cooley for that i am confused as why other picks would be offerd to

Coach
04-24-2009, 09:25 PM
Cooley is a very good player. I'd be interested in swapping for 1st's for Cooley if we got a 2nd as well.

DT14PRIEST
04-25-2009, 03:33 AM
I would say the Skins would need to give us picks to take the bum! J/K I never heard of the guy but we have no need for another HB unless we are cuttin one loose tommorow.

Half back and H-back are two different positions

Coach
04-25-2009, 08:02 AM
I would say the Skins would need to give us picks to take the bum! J/K I never heard of the guy but we have no need for another HB unless we are cuttin one loose tommorow.

Never heard of him? He finished 4th in yardage last year among TE's with 849 yards.

jmlamerson
04-25-2009, 11:31 AM
Cooley is a very good player. I'd be interested in swapping for 1st's for Cooley if we got a 2nd as well.

Nah, just swapping firsts and getti g Cooley is more than enough. We replace TG very nicely with a younger player, and we get to take Maualuga, Ragi, Jackson, or Oher at 13. Hell, Curry might drop to 13 if we don't take him at 3.

We also avoid the $10M/year to $12M/year committment of the 3 slot.

Coach
04-25-2009, 01:51 PM
Nah, just swapping firsts and getti g Cooley is more than enough. We replace TG very nicely with a younger player, and we get to take Maualuga, Ragi, Jackson, or Oher at 13. Hell, Curry might drop to 13 if we don't take him at 3.

We also avoid the $10M/year to $12M/year committment of the 3 slot.

I thought about that as well. I think Cooley and their 1st might work, but that would be a tough trade to pull the trigger on.

As far as the size of the contract, I used to care about that. But considering the Chiefs aren't spending anywhere near the salary cap, I don't really care how much they spend since it's not my money. If they were up against the salary cap, then I might care, but they're not. So if salary cap isn't an issue, I'd rather have as many great players as they can acquire.

jmlamerson
04-25-2009, 03:25 PM
I thought about that as well. I think Cooley and their 1st might work, but that would be a tough trade to pull the trigger on.

As far as the size of the contract, I used to care about that. But considering the Chiefs aren't spending anywhere near the salary cap, I don't really care how much they spend since it's not my money. If they were up against the salary cap, then I might care, but they're not. So if salary cap isn't an issue, I'd rather have as many great players as they can acquire.

Our salary cap isn't an issue in 2009.

In 2011 it might be an issue. Assuming we have anyone worth extending, it'll be happening in 2010 and 2011. Decent to big money contracts to guys like Bowe, Flowers, Carr, and our 2009 draft picks.