PDA

View Full Version : Official KC Draft Picks thread...Comments here!!!!

Pro_Angler
04-25-2009, 04:02 PM
OK a new era in KC just started..well started with Cassell we will see how that goes..

Comments here............

Coach
04-25-2009, 04:09 PM
Stafford pick gets boo'd by Lions fans.

N TX Dave
04-25-2009, 04:21 PM
three minutes we will know.

N TX Dave
04-25-2009, 04:25 PM
Tyson Jackson!!!!

DrunkHillbilly
04-25-2009, 04:28 PM
Unbelievable!!!!!

Pro_Angler
04-25-2009, 04:29 PM
i OFFICIALLY DISLIKE PIOLI!!!!!!!!
Jackson??? nooooooooooooo

cjsfw2
04-25-2009, 04:32 PM
Anyway Pioli has something up his sleeve and will trade Jackson to someone that really wanted him?

Hayvern
04-25-2009, 04:33 PM
You guys had to know we were going after a Defensive End. I knew it was not going to be Curry, we need a pass rusher, Curry was not a rusher.

Might have been an offensive lineman, but even that was a question.

dbolan
04-25-2009, 04:34 PM
****ty pick. I hope I have to eat CROW on this one. Unf*ckingbelieveable.

DrunkHillbilly
04-25-2009, 04:35 PM
This guy is not much of one either!!!

dbolan
04-25-2009, 04:35 PM
You guys had to know we were going after a Defensive End. I knew it was not going to be Curry, we need a pass rusher, Curry was not a rusher.

Jackson is not a pass rushing DE either. So, where is the "win" for that pick?

slc chief
04-25-2009, 04:36 PM

tyson jackson only had three sacks lat year i do not think i am that excited about the pick

DrunkHillbilly
04-25-2009, 04:37 PM
Anyway Pioli has something up his sleeve and will trade Jackson to someone that really wanted him?
Ha!! Nobody was sitting there thinking, " man I hope Jackson falls to us" !!!!!!!!! bad choice passing up the best player in the draft!!! Always has been and always will be!!!!!

KottkeKU
04-25-2009, 04:44 PM
i like this pick.

Curry is going to be a phenomenal player, but we their logic is that they can get LB's easily elsewhere...

i wouldve rather had Jason Smith, we shouldve traded up for it..

DrunkHillbilly
04-25-2009, 04:45 PM
One site has him with 3 sacks and his bio has him with 4.5. Not impressed either way!

akgribble
04-25-2009, 04:47 PM
Everyone in the top 5 made out except us. Best player avaliable at a need position and we pass. Something irks me about drafting two LSU defensive lineman in the top 5 in two years.

DrunkHillbilly
04-25-2009, 04:49 PM
No second round pick hurts even more now!!!!!

Canada
04-25-2009, 04:55 PM
One site has him with 3 sacks and his bio has him with 4.5. Not impressed either way!

Yeah but thats 7.5 if u add them up. i'm drunk

Pro_Angler
04-25-2009, 05:02 PM
LOL at the faiders they took the #4 WR over crabtree..lmao

DrunkHillbilly
04-25-2009, 05:02 PM
Yeah but thats 7.5 if u add them up. i'm drunk
Yea me too. took me three times to type just this post

cjsfw2
04-25-2009, 05:12 PM
at least the raiders look worse than we do right now...

Pro_Angler
04-25-2009, 05:24 PM
Tyson jackson:
Tyson Jackson (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=5222)
Strongside DE
Edgard (LA) West St. John
Ht: 6-foot-6
Wt: 265 lbs
Forty: 4.8 secs
ACT: 20
Class: 2004 (High School)

Ryfo18
04-25-2009, 05:46 PM
I don't understand why everyone is so down on Jackson. We allowed close to 160 rushing yards per game last year. This makes the rest of the team worse b/c you overcommit trying to stop the run and you get burned by the pass. Jackson is a run stopper, and that's what we need. Did anyone else have any confidence last year when we faced third and short? All of you think that sacks win games. Sure it helps, but being able to consistently stop the run is a blessing. Look at the Steelers, they gave up 80 rush yards a game, and it makes the rest of their defense that much better. Plus, having someone like Jackson who can take up two guys on the line allows the rushing LB more shots at the QB. This is an excellent pick for the Chiefs, and it also puts Dorsey on a DL that he is familiar with (remember, they played together).

The player with the best name, is not always the best pick (Curry). He does not help make our defense as a whole better than Jackson does, and I think we will see that this season when our rushing YPG allowed goes down by 40-50 yards.

DT14PRIEST
04-25-2009, 05:57 PM
The player with the best name, is not always the best pick (Curry). He does not help make our defense as a whole better than Jackson does, and I think we will see that this season when our rushing YPG allowed goes down by 40-50 yards.

Agree. The BPA across the board does not equate to the BPA to the Chiefs. We got the BPA for the Chiefs

KottkeKU
04-25-2009, 06:05 PM
i dont understand why everyone is so down on Jackson either... top 5 picks nowadays are different than 4 or 5 years ago....this draft in particular...everyone always says you can get relatively the same player at 15 you can at 4 or 5...so whats the big deal? He is exactly what this defense needs, and will make everyone better...

hopefully Pioli can find a good rushing LB soon..i hope we trade up for Maualuga!!!!

N TX Dave
04-25-2009, 06:15 PM
The sky is falling the sky is falling, Pioli can't draft get rid of him he did not draft the guy I wanted.

Give the new guys a chance.

NWA Chief
04-25-2009, 06:15 PM
Tyson Jackson immediately helps our rush defense. If yall don't like the pick than you were hoping our defense would just get by. We can find rushers elsewhere, I would've liked the pick a couple of spots farther in the draft but I know that it was a great pick. Hopefully we trade back into the 2nd round

Pro_Angler
04-25-2009, 06:24 PM
In a move that should help out the defense a great deal, the Chiefs have nabbed LSU DE Tyson Jackson as the third overall pick in the 2009 NFL Draft.
Here’s Jackson’s bio from Draft Countdown (http://www.draftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/de/Tyson-Jackson.php):
Strengths:
Outstanding size and bulk…Has a big frame with long arms and large hands…Powerful with excellent strength…Tough and physical…Good athleticism…Quick with a burst…Uses his hands well…Can really hold his ground…Terrific bull rusher…Offers a lot of versatility…Has a lot of experience against elite competition… Hard worker … Team leader.
Weaknesses:
Average timed speed…Motor is inconsistent…Questionable instincts and awareness…Needs to do a better job of shedding blocks…Doesn’t change directions well…Has some trouble in space…Not a threat off the edge…Just an average pass rusher and won’t rack up a lot of sacks.
Notes:
Full name is Anthony Tyson Jackson…Was a three-year starter in the SEC…Twice named 2nd Team All-SEC (’06 & ‘07)…Best fit will most likely come as a five-technique in a 3-4 scheme but could also play end or tackle in a 4-3 front as well…Has drawn the inevitable comparisons to Marcus Spears, another former Bayou Bengal who was the 20th overall pick in the 2005 NFL Draft…An impressive physical specimen who is highly adaptable…Figures to be a coveted prospect because he is so unlike any of the other top defensive ends available in this draft

Pro_Angler
04-25-2009, 06:27 PM
espn scout grade gave us a 94 for our 3rd pick of jackson

Pro_Angler
04-25-2009, 06:35 PM
haley blog on jackson pic:
Video: Haley excited about Jackson's potential - AFC West - ESPN (http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcwest/0-3-2071/Video--Haley-excited-about-Jackson-s-potential.html)

Haley Excited About Jackson's Potential - ESPN Video - ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/video?id=4100340)

mojo
04-25-2009, 06:42 PM
they need help at several positions and there is nobody this year that looks like a game changing player, lets face it ,they are going to need more then this years draft and free agents to be a good team. its going to take a couple of years

AkChief49
04-25-2009, 06:53 PM
that's three LSU tigers in a row for our first round pick last three years. Hope we can find value in the third for a good o lineman or somehow get back into the second round

theaxeeffect4311
04-25-2009, 07:59 PM
What about grabbing Jason Taylor to help solidify this defense?

hardcorechiefsfan
04-25-2009, 08:12 PM
Why should this be a sticky?

ewendt128
04-25-2009, 08:24 PM
Jackson is not a pass rusher. I also found it interesting that the primary video the showed of him was him going in for the sack and then the shuffle pass and then he ran 20 yards down field to make the tackle. I mean, good job at still making the play but in the NFL there is no way he makes that play. With this new defense we needed a solid core of Linebackers and Curry should have been the guy. I am not angry with this pick but I did think they were going to try and get some more picks somewhere in the first couple rounds. Nothing yet though.

chiefnut
04-25-2009, 08:40 PM
jackson was a better pick than curry but we took him way to high. if we are indseed going to a 3-4 then who will be our NT. raji would have been a better pick, he's a beast at NT. i hope pioli is a lot smarter than the thousands who think this was not a good pick.

DT14PRIEST
04-25-2009, 08:55 PM
jackson was a better pick than curry but we took him way to high. if we are indseed going to a 3-4 then who will be our NT. raji would have been a better pick, he's a beast at NT. i hope pioli is a lot smarter than the thousands who think this was not a good pick.

he already proved he was smarter then the 'thousands' that thought this was a bad pick by taking the pick in the first place.

AussieChiefsFan
04-25-2009, 10:03 PM
#3 should've been Aaron Curry!

Three7s
04-25-2009, 10:43 PM
#3 should've been Aaron Curry!
Not another one.

PawnshopMarimba
04-26-2009, 12:58 AM
At least Tyson will give us some bulk on the defensive line. Dorsey and Hali are quick, but undersized. Jackson is larger, but obviously slower. Maybe we'll strike a good balance with this. Jackson could draw more O-line attention, giving Hali or Dorsey more of a chance to get in the thick of things in the pass rush game.

Three7s
04-26-2009, 02:24 AM
At least Tyson will give us some bulk on the defensive line. Dorsey and Hali are quick, but undersized. Jackson is larger, but obviously slower. Maybe we'll strike a good balance with this. Jackson could draw more O-line attention, giving Hali or Dorsey more of a chance to get in the thick of things in the pass rush game.
Jackson will definitely get more attention from the O-line, that's his job. I've watched some film on him, and I think an accurate word to describe Jackson is a bull. This guy can drive O-lineman backwards and can get off blocks to fill up a hole to stop the run.

Ultimately, his job is to free up the LBs so that they can fill up holes and rush the passer. I am completely fine with this pick.

Bike
04-26-2009, 09:33 AM
I would think Curry, Monroe, Raji would have been better picks here. Jackson not a pass rusher, but a run stuffer - which of course we need...

N45Tailgater
04-26-2009, 10:10 AM
I'm sure glad we got rid of Jarred Allen.

Chiefster
04-26-2009, 10:21 AM
In the 3rd round the Chiefs select: Alex McGee DE

Chiefster
04-26-2009, 10:23 AM
I'd really like to see us draft for the "O" line.

pbatrucker
04-26-2009, 10:43 AM
I was at the sports complex for the draft party yesterday. There was mostly boos when Jackson was selected and then silence. Within 20 minutes the place was mostly empty, brs were closed and we headed home.
I just figuered Pioli knows more than I do, and I hope he's right. Now McGee? I thought maybe one of the centers or OT, but another DE/DT, he's about the same size as Dorsey. I'm getting confused.
:sign0153:

Chiefster
04-26-2009, 10:51 AM
I was at the sports complex for the draft party yesterday. There was mostly boos when Jackson was selected and then silence. Within 20 minutes the place was mostly empty, brs were closed and we headed home.
I just figuered Pioli knows more than I do, and I hope he's right. Now McGee? I thought maybe one of the centers or OT, but another DE/DT, he's about the same size as Dorsey. I'm getting confused.
:sign0153:

You and me both brother! The only thing I can thing of is he's trying to create the kind of book ends tandem that was Niel Smith and Derek Thomas, but that is something I'll need to see to believe.

pbatrucker
04-26-2009, 10:58 AM
You and me both brother! The only thing I can thing of is he's trying to create the kind of book ends tandem that was Niel Smith and Derek Thomas, but that is something I'll need to see to believe.
Are we trading Dorsey or does he play only when we're in a 4-3? He would be an expensive specialty tackle.
:drunkhb:

brish
04-26-2009, 11:22 AM
I think they will try and use Dorsey the same way they will use Jackson. Outside as DE's when in the 3-4 and then sub them inside when they are in the 4-3.

Personally I was really dissapointed we didn't take Curry, but I don't think Jackson is a bad pick. Im more baffled by this 3rd round pick, another DE??
I'd rather have had an O-line man or a speedy rushing linebacker tbh..

Chiefster
04-26-2009, 11:33 AM
Are we trading Dorsey or does he play only when we're in a 4-3? He would be an expensive specialty tackle.
:drunkhb:

Good point.

RaiderHater99
04-26-2009, 11:41 AM
We've got Cassel as the big offseason move. That will bring in the excitement into the stadium like we always finds a way to do every year. We didn't need a big name like Crabtree, however, would have been nice to seen him line up on the opposite side as Bowe. Curry would have been a great pick but after Biesel, Johnson, and Vrabel, we don't need THAT much help at LB. I think DE was a strong pick in the 1st round. 2nd round too though?? That I question.

theaxeeffect4311
04-26-2009, 11:44 AM
I'd really like to see us draft for the "O" line.

I would too, but I'm surprised at the slide that some players are taking. The guy I would like would be OT Jamon Meredith for RT. He's not the ideal size for RT and does not have a real mean streak. But he has great feet, great athleticism to be a great RT if we are going to be a passing offense.

But it looks like Pioli with the first and third round pick was add two DEs to play in our 3-4. I think it's a good choice because to improve our defense, all we need to do is stop the run. Yeah, we need a pass rush, but we have to be able to put teams into passing downs first, which means we need to make it 3rd down and 6+ yards. This does not look like it's going to be a flashy draft for us, but at least it will make us a better team.

pbatrucker
04-26-2009, 11:46 AM
We've got Cassel as the big offseason move. That will bring in the excitement into the stadium like we always finds a way to do every year. We didn't need a big name like Crabtree, however, would have been nice to seen him line up on the opposite side as Bowe. Curry would have been a great pick but after Biesel, Johnson, and Vrabel, we don't need THAT much help at LB. I think DE was a strong pick in the 1st round. 2nd round too though?? That I question.
:11: Jaron Gilbert is just as big, stronger and faster and a better pass rusher. He was available in the 3rd rd. To me Curry, OT or Raji made more since at #3.

slc chief
04-26-2009, 11:48 AM
i hope we get this position the d-line right dorsey,turk,tank,hali simms,jackson and now mcgee that is alot of picks used on this position it better work out i am ok with the jackson pick but the mcgee pick i do not like we should have went with an interior offensive lineman

RaiderHater99
04-26-2009, 11:48 AM
:11: Jaron Gilbert is just as big, stronger and faster and a better pass rusher. He was available in the 3rd rd. To me Curry, OT or Raji made more since at #3.

I would have loved to have seen Raji's named called.

Chiefster
04-26-2009, 12:18 PM
In the 4th round the Chiefs select: Donald Washington CB

Chiefster
04-26-2009, 12:24 PM
I would too, but I'm surprised at the slide that some players are taking. The guy I would like would be OT Jamon Meredith for RT. He's not the ideal size for RT and does not have a real mean streak. But he has great feet, great athleticism to be a great RT if we are going to be a passing offense.

But it looks like Pioli with the first and third round pick was add two DEs to play in our 3-4. I think it's a good choice because to improve our defense, all we need to do is stop the run. Yeah, we need a pass rush, but we have to be able to put teams into passing downs first, which means we need to make it 3rd down and 6+ yards. This does not look like it's going to be a flashy draft for us, but at least it will make us a better team.

Sure hope your right; I am more then a bit surprised, though, that we have yet to address the offensive side of the ball.

pbatrucker
04-26-2009, 12:26 PM
In the 4th round the Chiefs select: Donald Washington CB
Now I'm really confused!!!!:drunkhb:

Bike
04-26-2009, 12:35 PM
Looks like Pioli gonna fix defense/special teams number 1 priority. I'm ok with this. They might be figuring if the other tram can't score or held to fg's, we gotta chance to win some games...!

Bike
04-26-2009, 12:37 PM
Sure hope your right; I am more then a bit surprised, though, that we have yet to address the offensive side of the ball.
Just give the ball to LJ and hammer him all day long and let our new defense/special teams stuff 'em.
Its Martyball!!!:drunkhb:

okikcfan
04-26-2009, 12:39 PM
I kinda look at it like this, yes we do need a pass rusher, Curry was not a good pass rusher, Jackson teamed up next to Dorsey at LSU and they worked very well together and some of the off season picks are short term fixes and leadership roles. You can almost tell he has a plan and it may be that even after the draft he will still be looking at the FA market and of course the undrafted. I mean a number of good players are still out there that we though would be traded but were not, again, it's just a guessing game at this point

TheLateGreat#58Fan
04-26-2009, 12:40 PM
Now I'm really confused!!!!:drunkhb:

I second that. How about DJ Moore if we're going corner.
I would have thought OL, WR, or TE

I am trying to trust in Pioli

Chiefster
04-26-2009, 12:41 PM
Just give the ball to LJ and hammer him all day long and let our new defense/special teams stuff 'em.
Its Martyball!!!:drunkhb:

The problem is that Martyball didn't do our RB's any favors without an "O" line. You have to be able to provide run blocking 'cause I gotta tell ya: run, run, pass, punt gets old fast.

okikcfan
04-26-2009, 12:43 PM
I have a strong feeling this year will be much different!

rickflair58
04-26-2009, 12:44 PM
For the second year in a row the chiefs blow the draft. Like last year we needed Offense we drafted Defense which proved useless. this year we needed O Line men to make a hole for Larry Johnson and protect Matt Cassel we go defense. Looks like chiefs are scared to draft Offense. Chiefs will go 2 -14 at best more likely 0-16. Even the Lions look better than the chiefs. sometime in first three games cassel is hurt and out for season or most of the season. How can they ask him to quarterback with absolutely no Offensive line? no wonder larry johnson wants out. all chiefs have on offense since giviing Tony away is Larry Johnson and Dewayne bowe so key on them and you shut down chiefs offense totally.
Chiefs are now Official worst than chiefs of late 70's and early 80's and no doubt chiefs are officially the worst team in football. at this rate chiefs will be pulled by the NFL out of Kansas city in a few short years.
Thiers time to trade for Offensesive line men but Chiefs won;'t I use Dorsey as trade bait . Dorsey is basically a backup player not a starter.

rick
Chiefs fan for 40 years

Bike
04-26-2009, 12:47 PM
The problem is that Martyball didn't do our RB's any favors without an "O" line. You have to be able to provide run blocking 'cause I gotta tell ya: run, run, pass, punt gets old fast.
I really think the new philosophy of our new staff will spill over to our ol. Add a spoonful of technique and a tablespoon of attitude and you got a recipe for success.
And we could still p/u a lineman/men after the draft...

Chiefster
04-26-2009, 12:48 PM
For the second year in a row the chiefs blow the draft. Like last year we needed Offense we drafted Defense which proved useless. this year we needed O Line men to make a hole for Larry Johnson and protect Matt Cassel we go defense. Looks like chiefs are scared to draft Offense. Chiefs will go 2 -14 at best more likely 0-16. Even the Lions look better than the chiefs. sometime in first three games cassel is hurt and out for season or most of the season. How can they ask him to quarterback with absolutely no Offensive line? no wonder larry johnson wants out. all chiefs have on offense since giviing Tony away is Larry Johnson and Dewayne bowe so key on them and you shut down chiefs offense totally.
Chiefs are now Official worst than chiefs of late 70's and early 80's and no doubt chiefs are officially the worst team in football. at this rate chiefs will be pulled by the NFL out of Kansas city in a few short years.
Thiers time to trade for Offensesive line men but Chiefs won;'t I use Dorsey as trade bait . Dorsey is basically a backup player not a starter.

rick
Chiefs fan for 40 years

I think it's a bit early to be predicting the season record, but I too am a bit disappointed that we have not yet addressed the "O" line in the draft.

Chiefster
04-26-2009, 12:49 PM
I really think the new philosophy of our new staff will spill over to our ol. Add a spoonful of technique and a tablespoon of attitude and you got a recipe for success.
And we could still p/u a lineman/men after the draft...

Sure hope you're right.

Canada
04-26-2009, 12:51 PM
I'm sure glad we got rid of Jarred Allen.

I just wish we had some people here who would not let that go!! Get over it for **** sake.

rick
Chiefs fan for 40 years

0-16? And you think that you have the talent to draft a winning team? You make a statement like that and then expect people to take you seriously? Keep your thoughts to youself.

okikcfan

rick
Chiefs fan for 40 years
Way to go, thats the way to think, let's all just give up now and run to the Chargers, give me a break, it might be a good idea to sit back and relax and see what happens, but I'm sure you could have done much better.

Bike

rick
Chiefs fan for 40 years
Dude. The Chiefs defense was a laughing stock last season. It has to be fixed. They can't draft for every position in 1 draft.

Canada
04-26-2009, 12:52 PM
Dude. The Chiefs defense was a laughing stock last season. It has to be fixed. They can't draft for every position in 1 draft.

Sure thay Can, Rick knows these things. Its easy to build a team. We need offense accoring to rick so a run stopping DE and DT are useless. How about we put out 11 safeties and draft all offense?

Chiefster
04-26-2009, 12:56 PM
Sure thay Can, Rick knows these things. Its easy to build a team. We need offense accoring to rick so a run stopping DE and DT are useless. How about we put out 11 safeties and draft all offense?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

northwest

rick
Chiefs fan for 40 years

for a grown man, you're sounding pretty young. you think we drafted bad last year? that's funny, because im pretty sure we drafted exactly what the team needed.

lets fire pioli and hire in this guy. i guess it doesn't take much to call the strategies in the NFL. i guess an average NFL fan can do it.

:sign0098:

Bike
That would be very offensive.

Hayvern
04-26-2009, 01:06 PM

rick
Chiefs fan for 40 years

Seriously, you need a reality check here.

Were you watching the same team I was last year? The team that could get a lead early in the game but watch that lead go away because of a defense that could not stop the run? Our defense was horrible last season and no matter what you have on offense, if you do not have a defense you are going to have a hard time with it.

Yeah, the Vermiel expirement showed that you could win some games against mediocre teams without a defense, but it also proved that when you go up against teams that are more well rounded, you lose.

Now I know a lot of you guys were on the Crabtree bandwagon. I am sure it would have been exciting to see Bowe and Crabtree running routes together, but in the end if every touchdown you score gets matched by the opposing team, then we have nothing gained.

Aside from some help on the offensive line, the Chiefs DID NOT need offense this year. I would have liked to see us draft a young linebacker to learn from all these awesome veterans that we have, but we have what we have at this point. Can we be competitive? We will see.

Have some patience and relax, it seems like you guys forget that Pioli comes from one of the best performing teams ever so I trust that the guy knows what he is doing.

Chiefster
04-26-2009, 01:12 PM
Seriously, you need a reality check here.

Were you watching the same team I was last year? The team that could get a lead early in the game but watch that lead go away because of a defense that could not stop the run? Our defense was horrible last season and no matter what you have on offense, if you do not have a defense you are going to have a hard time with it.

Yeah, the Vermiel expirement showed that you could win some games against mediocre teams without a defense, but it also proved that when you go up against teams that are more well rounded, you lose.

Now I know a lot of you guys were on the Crabtree bandwagon. I am sure it would have been exciting to see Bowe and Crabtree running routes together, but in the end if every touchdown you score gets matched by the opposing team, then we have nothing gained.

Aside from some help on the offensive line, the Chiefs DID NOT need offense this year. I would have liked to see us draft a young linebacker to learn from all these awesome veterans that we have, but we have what we have at this point. Can we be competitive? We will see.

Have some patience and relax, it seems like you guys forget that Pioli comes from one of the best performing teams ever so I trust that the guy knows what he is doing.

Good point! Rep! :sign0098:

Athough at some point we are going to have to address the viod left by the TG trade.

Eydugstr
04-26-2009, 01:54 PM

rick
Chiefs fan for 40 years

Well it ain't quite that bad - imagine what'd been like if Petersen and Edwards were still around. Let's give Pioli a chance and see where this goes...it's not like we have a choice now anyway.

Actually I do agree with this about the Chiefs needing O-line help. And I agree we needed to draft OL last year. Who is availible if Waters bolts for another team? Way too many injuries to QB's and RB's. It's too big of an issue not to notice.

Just my two cents.

Chiefster
04-26-2009, 01:57 PM
Well it ain't quite that bad - imagine what'd been like if Petersen and Edwards were still around. Let's give Pioli a chance and see where this goes...it's not like we have a choice now anyway.

Actually I do agree with this about the Chiefs needing O-line help. And I agree we needed to draft OL last year. Who is availible if Waters bolts for another team? Way too many injuries to QB's and RB's. It's too big of an issue not to notice.

Just my two cents.

Agreed! The 5th round is approaching and I'd really like to see us draft an "O" lineman.

Chiefster
04-26-2009, 02:10 PM
In the 5th round the Chiefs select: Colin Brown - OT

Chiefster
04-26-2009, 02:14 PM
About time. :D

theaxeeffect4311
04-26-2009, 02:22 PM

Who?

Does anyone know anything about this guy?

twhite85
04-26-2009, 02:25 PM
He was projected as a UDFA. And we passed on Robinson and Meredith to take him... Really?

Chiefster
04-26-2009, 02:26 PM
Who?

Does anyone know anything about this guy?

RT out of MU.

Chiefster
04-26-2009, 02:27 PM
Player Bio: Colin Brown - MISSOURI OFFICIAL ATHLETIC SITE (http://mutigers.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/brown_colin00.html)

Eydugstr
04-26-2009, 02:28 PM

That was fast........ask and ye shall recieve in the Pioli era!!

Get a couple more OL in the later rounds and let'em duke it out in camp.

TheLateGreat#58Fan
04-26-2009, 02:32 PM
Colin Brown seems like a reach to the analysts. ESPN didnt even comment on the pick. I am going to assume that Scott Pioli knows more than I do about football, but Brown was the 32nd rated tackle on the board hard to make sense of that

rickflair58
04-26-2009, 02:36 PM
we had 2 Qb's hurt and thigpen would of to had he not ran for his life. pioli won with OFFENSE with Pats. This is why Larry johnson wants out getting stop at the line by the defense. we did not need defense. Did you missed chiefs press conference after last game they admitted DORSEY was a bad draft pick. Dorsey admitted himself he can;t get off line fast enough. could be the bad knee. all we got on offense is bowe and johnson so stop them you stop chiefs offense. Chiefs have nothing on OFFENSE. only team we stand a chance to beat is oakland and thats very doubtful look for a 0-16 season. unless chiefs trade and trade fast for Offense. i used dorsey and the punk from lsu yesterday as no more than trade bait. but think what you will,.

rickflair58
04-26-2009, 02:38 PM
late round O-Line LOL thats basically high school guys good move pioli PLEASE go back to New England.

twhite85
04-26-2009, 02:46 PM
late round O-Line LOL thats basically high school guys good move pioli PLEASE go back to New England.

Chill out man. The guy's been the GM for like 3 and a half months and you're ready to crucify him over some semi-questionable draft picks. Don't get me wrong, I'm not sold on any of these picks yet either, but you could at least wait to see them in a uniform before you throw them completely under the bus.

brish
04-26-2009, 02:48 PM
we had 2 Qb's hurt and thigpen would of to had he not ran for his life. pioli won with OFFENSE with Pats. This is why Larry johnson wants out getting stop at the line by the defense. we did not need defense. Did you missed chiefs press conference after last game they admitted DORSEY was a bad draft pick. Dorsey admitted himself he can;t get off line fast enough. could be the bad knee. all we got on offense is bowe and johnson so stop them you stop chiefs offense. Chiefs have nothing on OFFENSE. only team we stand a chance to beat is oakland and thats very doubtful look for a 0-16 season. unless chiefs trade and trade fast for Offense. i used dorsey and the punk from lsu yesterday as no more than trade bait. but think what you will,.

I seriously, SERIOUSLY doubt you have been a fan for 40 years. You sound/write like a 12 year old Raiders fan..
Try posting something constructive instead of ranting like a crazed crack junkie with your first 3 posts.

Chiefster
04-26-2009, 02:49 PM
Chill out man. The guy's been the GM for like 3 and a half months and you're ready to crucify him over some semi-questionable draft picks. Don't get me wrong, I'm not sold on any of these picks yet either, but you could at least wait to see them in a uniform before you throw them completely under the bus.

Agreed, we need to give Pioli and his picks a chance.

Bike
04-26-2009, 02:55 PM
This isn't the WWF Rick Flair. This is the NFL - where real people make real decisions on real positions in a real sport. Please find yourself a WWF site - where fantasy + bad acting = mindless entertainment for lobotomized fans.

chiefsfreak4life
04-26-2009, 02:57 PM
He was projected as a UDFA. And we passed on Robinson and Meredith to take him... Really?

He's a monster, smart intelligent kid. Born and raised in Missouri, three time Big 12 player. and academic Big 12 player once. Is a tough competitive player, has excellent size for a Right tackle in the NFL. He is raw, needs to improve on his technique and footwork, but is used to a passing offense. Hopefully a replacement for sackingtosh.

Vandelay
04-26-2009, 03:04 PM
Hey, you forgot to say "Wooooooooooooooooooooooo".
Take a deep breath, everything is going to be ok. In Pioli I trust.

twhite85
04-26-2009, 03:09 PM
He's a monster, smart intelligent kid. Born and raised in Missouri, three time Big 12 player. and academic Big 12 player once. Is a tough competitive player, has excellent size for a Right tackle in the NFL. He is raw, needs to improve on his technique and footwork, but is used to a passing offense. Hopefully a replacement for sackingtosh.

I'm not necessarily knocking Brown as a player, I just think that we reached to get him in the fifth, because I have a feeling we could have drafted Robinson in this postion and gotten Brown in the sixth or seventh. But obviously, Pioli knows more than I do...

Chiefster
04-26-2009, 03:10 PM

bigpappachief, is that you??? :D

rickflair58
04-26-2009, 03:15 PM
ok ok lets do this when these guys make practice squad when chiefs are 0-3 when cassel is hurt you gys will be the same ones saying fire pioli same ones saying chiefs should of drafted offense. and i'll be here to hear Rick you were right. name one offense player any good we got other then cassel,bowe,johnson? tick tock tick tock i'm waiting. if you look at pioli in new england he won with offense now all of a sudden his defense? You know we need OFFENSE> why? we can't score points. ok this season will be good watching you same guys ***** about no OFFENSE at that point at least admit I'm right.

Rick

Vandelay
04-26-2009, 03:18 PM
ok ok lets do this when these guys make practice squad when chiefs are 0-3 when cassel is hurt you gys will be the same ones saying fire pioli same ones saying chiefs should of drafted offense. and i'll be here to hear Rick you were right. name one offense player any good we got other then cassel,bowe,johnson? tick tock tick tock i'm waiting. if you look at pioli in new england he won with offense now all of a sudden his defense? You know we need OFFENSE> why? we can't score points. ok this season will be good watching you same guys ***** about no OFFENSE at that point at least admit I'm right.

Rick
Bradley, Ingram, Thigpen, Waters, K Smith, J Charles, Albert.

Bike
04-26-2009, 03:22 PM
bigpappachief, is that you??? :D
The return of timsatt?

Chiefster
04-26-2009, 03:22 PM

Rick

Rick,

It's not worth the raise in blood pressure buddy. I would have liked to see more on the offensive side of the ball too, and the draft is not yet concluded. However, I'm not ready to call it quits on Pioli, Haley or this years draft picks.

Chiefster
04-26-2009, 03:26 PM
The return of timsatt?

...Possibly, I'll do some checking.

DT14PRIEST
04-26-2009, 03:27 PM
Rick,

It's not worth the raise in blood pressure buddy. I would have liked to see more on the offensive side of the ball too, and the draft is not yet concluded. However, I'm not ready to call it quits on Pioli, Haley or this years draft picks.

I think a lot of people are ready to call it quits because the draft isn't going according to Mel Kiper or their own mocks.

If Mel/Todd don't agree with the pick it must be bad.

slc chief
04-26-2009, 03:32 PM

Rick
you are a clown pioli built the superbowl patriots the same way he just started here. and that is by starting with the d-line they were never an offensive juggernaut until 2 years ago so yeah he did it with a defense. and also i like our lineup with bowe,bradley,branch for our receivers bradley will explode this year just watch. lj will be back to normal form with jamall charles to go along with him.cottam will do enough and the signing of mike goff was huge an experianced right guard. most of the teams problems last year was we had an idiot coaching staff and the attitude around the team was piss poor

Bike
04-26-2009, 03:34 PM

Rick
Please put down the pipe before posting.
We need defense. We got defense.
And we p/u a 325 lb ol.
Now if you would simply read my sig...

Bike
04-26-2009, 03:35 PM
you are a clown pioli built the superbowl patriots the same way he just started here. and that is by starting with the d-line they were never an offensive juggernaut until 2 years ago so yeah he did it with a defense. and also i like our lineup with bowe,bradley,branch for our receivers bradley will explode this year just watch. lj will be back to normal form with jamall charles to go along with him.cottam will do enough and the signing of mike goff was huge an experianced right guard. most of the teams problems last year was we had an idiot coaching staff and the attitude around the team was piss poor
Nicely said.

okikcfan
04-26-2009, 03:42 PM
There we have it rick an OT, it's ok now right rick, lol

Chiefster
04-26-2009, 03:44 PM
Everyone,

Again, Dissagreements are fine, but keep it respectful.

Canada
04-26-2009, 03:50 PM
Bradley, Ingram, Thigpen, Waters, K Smith, J Charles, Albert.

Just in case Rick missed those!! :bananen_smilies046:

Chiefster
04-26-2009, 03:59 PM
In the 6th round the Chiefs select: Quinten Lawrence WR

Bike
04-26-2009, 04:06 PM
In the 6th round the Chiefs select: Quinten Lawrence WR
My wife just told me to get off my butt and do something. For the 3rd time. In the last 3 hours!
:lol:

Chiefster
04-26-2009, 04:08 PM
My wife just told me to get off my butt and do something. For the 3rd time. In the last 3 hours!

I know that song.

slc chief
04-26-2009, 04:11 PM
yours to huh i swear i have gained a few pounds from watching the draft drinking beer and eating wings this weekend i really should probably get out and do something

Bike
04-26-2009, 04:16 PM
yours to huh i swear i have gained a few pounds from watching the draft drinking beer and eating wings this weekend i really should probably get out and do something
Beer. Wings. Chiefs.

Wow.

I mean, ...................

Wow.

Chiefster
04-26-2009, 04:18 PM
Yeah, I was supposed to do some laundry today...haven't got to it yet. :lol:

rickflair58
04-26-2009, 04:19 PM
WR isn't O Line. like i said cassel hurt in first 3 games no line to stop defense rush on QB. please when it goes like i say it does just be man enough to admit i'm right. and No we didn't need Defense.

Bike
04-26-2009, 04:22 PM
Yeah, I was supposed to do some laundry today...haven't got to it yet. :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Laundry is vastly overated. When I was single and had money, I use to throw away dirty clothes and just buy new ones!!!
BTW I think Quinton Lawrence is a great pick...

brish
04-26-2009, 04:23 PM
WR isn't O Line. like i said cassel hurt in first 3 games no line to stop defense rush on QB. please when it goes like i say it does just be man enough to admit i'm right. and No we didn't need Defense.

:sign0104:

Chiefster
04-26-2009, 04:25 PM

Ok Rick, you've made what you feel is your point; no need in whipping a dead horse. If what your reading from some members is offensive or unintelligent to you then I encourage you to avail yourself of the "ignore" feature, and this goes for all.

PawnshopMarimba
04-26-2009, 04:26 PM

Did you forget that we signed a pretty good veteran OL, dude?

You're really making an arse out of yourself. Act like an adult. If you don't like the picks, fine, but at least make your argument like a grown man ought to instead of like a spoiled 5 year old child.

Edit: Additionally, yes we DID need defense. Did you not notice that we could NEVER get to the quarterback? He could stand back there all day, and even if his receivers were initially well covered, there was no pass rush to force a decision; he could just wait until something opened up.

Same with the run defense, it was abominable.

Bike
04-26-2009, 04:28 PM
30th in the league wasn't bad enough for you????:lol: :lol:
Waters, Albert, Goff arn't half bad linemen...

Please watch a Chiefs game, then get back to us.

Chiefster
04-26-2009, 04:29 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Laundry is vastly overated. When I was single and had money, I use to throw away dirty clothes and just buy new ones!!!
BTW I think Quinton Lawrence is a great pick...

HA! Wished I could do that now!

Yeah hopefully Quinten Lawrence will help sure up the receiving corps.

okikcfan
04-26-2009, 05:05 PM
Yea, it's my wife's birthday today and she is in bed sick so the big screen is all mine and yes the laundry is mine too so I guess maybe I should get started, nah, I'll wait.

Chiefster
04-26-2009, 05:12 PM
Yea, it's my wife's birthday today and she is in bed sick so the big screen is all mine and yes the laundry is mine too so I guess maybe I should get started, nah, I'll wait.

I finally broke down and through a few rags in the washer.

okikcfan
04-26-2009, 05:16 PM
Rick, rick, rick, you just crack me up, let's just fire everybody and start over, wait, we just did that, lol, oh no, what now?

Chiefster
04-26-2009, 05:39 PM
In the fist of their picks of the 7th round the Chiefs Select: Javarris Williams - RB

chiefsfreak4life
04-26-2009, 06:36 PM

IMO, you can't trade too much when you have too many holes to fill. Wait another year, when our roster has been overhauled by Pioli and Company to THEIR players and we will probably see more dealing. The Patriots have been doing this for years, and don't have all the holes to fill. Anyone who expected us to trade, trade, trade this year was mislead. But next year and beyond, Yes I can see it happening. I fully expect that 2010 #2 pick we got for Gonzo turn into multiple picks, unless we wind up trading it after the draft to AZ for Boldin (along with Waters? perhaps?).

Chiefster
04-26-2009, 06:46 PM
In the 7th round and the very last of thier 2009 draft picks the Chiefs Select: Jake O'Connell - TE

okikcfan
04-26-2009, 06:57 PM
I don't think Pioli is done yet, you never know what he might do. As I said in the past rick, I'm sure when pioli was in NE he made some picks that many fans questioned, but all n all he did really well, so let's not try to be so bitter and give the man a chance to do his job. You never know, he just might suprise you....

northwest
04-26-2009, 07:00 PM
In the 7th round and the very last of thier 2009 draft picks the Chiefs Select: Jake O'Connell - TE

nope, we still get mr. irrelevant

we traded up for jake o'connell

LOL

slc chief
04-26-2009, 07:05 PM
IMO, you can't trade too much when you have too many holes to fill. Wait another year, when our roster has been overhauled by Pioli and Company to THEIR players and we will probably see more dealing. The Patriots have been doing this for years, and don't have all the holes to fill. Anyone who expected us to trade, trade, trade this year was mislead. But next year and beyond, Yes I can see it happening. I fully expect that 2010 #2 pick we got for Gonzo turn into multiple picks, unless we wind up trading it after the draft to AZ for Boldin (along with Waters? perhaps?).

another part of that is that next year hialey and pioli will have a full year with all of the players on the roster going into the 2010 draft. and will have an even better understanding of what we need other than the obvious and they will know the players better

slc chief
04-26-2009, 07:07 PM

LOL
oh yeah mr irelevant i wonder if the kicker from fsu will still be their that would be funny

slc chief
04-26-2009, 07:36 PM
oh yeah mr irelevant i wonder if the kicker from fsu will still be their that would be funny

well i was half right

DT14PRIEST
04-26-2009, 07:56 PM
Average draft. Some picks I liked others I didn't. Now that its over looking forward to UDFAs and whats left of FA signings

My grade for the Cheifs draft: C

Chiefster
04-26-2009, 08:51 PM

LOL

My mistake, does anyone know who the final pick was?

Canada
04-26-2009, 08:55 PM

Kicker, dont rememer his name

Canada
04-26-2009, 08:56 PM
Ryan Succop

now i remember his name

Canada
04-26-2009, 08:57 PM
from South Carolina

I made that into three posts since some of mine have been deleted recently!!

slc chief
04-26-2009, 08:57 PM

ryan succop kicker from south carolina from what mel kiper was saying he has a strong leg and made some clutch kicks in college

slc chief
04-26-2009, 08:59 PM
i actually like the last pick we filled a team need with a kicker. with a pick that is usually worthless

tllk78
04-26-2009, 08:59 PM
Kicker, dont rememer his name

LOL! :funnypost:

Your sig is nice by the way.

Chiefster
04-26-2009, 09:54 PM
Ryan Succop

now i remember his name

from South Carolina

I made that into three posts since some of mine have been deleted recently!!

ryan succop kicker from south carolina from what mel kiper was saying he has a strong leg and made some clutch kicks in college

Thanks for the info!

How fitting that Mr. Irrelevant would be a kicker.

chief31
04-27-2009, 07:05 AM

Rick
30th in the league wasn't bad enough for you????:lol: :lol:
Waters, Albert, Goff arn't half bad linemen...

Please watch a Chiefs game, then get back to us.

Aside from the other names that were given, Mike Goff is a big addition. (So long as Waters doesn't get dealt.)

Now I have plenty of reservations about our O-line. We still have two holes in the five man front.

But Goff alone makes this years O-line an improvement, at least in the running game.

I agree, to an extent, that the defense didn't need the players to be replaced, as much as the coaches. But it is easy to understand how anyone would feel compelled to replace players.

Sometimes, people tend to get overly emotional about these things, and rant. I think you are a victim of your own emotions right now.

I can't help that I am wondering if Pioli hasn't gone out of his way to prove that he is some super-genius, by specifically reaching with every selection.

I think he specifically crushed the value our draft position, which was the one good thing that came from the Herm era.

I also don't agree with the positions that we drafted.

But that doesn't mean that we didn't get the best players.

I don't know anything about most of them. Aside from Jackson, I have never heard any of their names before.

I will say that I like that they are building in the trenches. But then, those are the same trenches that we have been stocking with talent for about a decade now.

We have used a first, second, or third round pick on the D-line ten times over the last nine drafts. At some point, the D-line has to start looking good.

Pro_Angler
04-27-2009, 11:30 AM
Aside from the other names that were given, Mike Goff is a big addition. (So long as Waters doesn't get dealt.)

Now I have plenty of reservations about our O-line. We still have two holes in the five man front.

But Goff alone makes this years O-line an improvement, at least in the running game.

I agree, to an extent, that the defense didn't need the players to be replaced, as much as the coaches. But it is easy to understand how anyone would feel compelled to replace players.

Sometimes, people tend to get overly emotional about these things, and rant. I think you are a victim of your own emotions right now.

I can't help that I am wondering if Pioli hasn't gone out of his way to prove that he is some super-genius, by specifically reaching with every selection.

I think he specifically crushed the value our draft position, which was the one good thing that came from the Herm era.

I don't know anything about most of them. Aside from Jackson, I have never heard any of their names before.

I will say that I like that they are building in the trenches. But then, those are the same trenches that we have been stocking with talent for about a decade now.

We have used a first, second, or third round pick on the D-line ten times over the last nine drafts. At some point, the D-line has to start looking good.

Very well said. I will reserve my comments on good/bad till we play. No we all didn't get what we wanted for x-mas, oh well....

Bike
04-27-2009, 12:19 PM
I'm tired of having to draft DL every freakin year.
I sure hope Pioli finally gets it right with McGee and Jackson so we can address other needs next year...

jmlamerson
04-27-2009, 12:30 PM
I sure hope Pioli finally gets it right with McGee and Jackson so we can address other needs next year...

Actually, I could see us going NT next season in the first round. But, yes, we need to start addressing our WR, LB, FS, and OL situations in 2010.

Three7s
04-29-2009, 04:07 AM

Gotta at least try. If the Pioli era fails at it, then maybe it's safe to say we're cursed.

pachiefsfan
05-04-2009, 11:42 PM
Jackson Will Be Good I A Couple Of Yrs..in Poili We Trust

KottkeKU
05-07-2009, 12:21 PM

Me too...hopefully they fire Tim Krumrie next season when they see he wastes more high draft picks on the D-Line...hate that guy. wasted so many picks for us...

Bosco
05-11-2009, 09:40 PM
as long as we beat the raiders this year i dont care how good the draft was. overall i think it was good. :drunkhb: