PDA

View Full Version : Sometime being a fan is tough!!!

bmonty72
04-26-2009, 11:45 AM
OK, we've survived the end of the Peterson era!!!! Let's hope the new regime is more interested in football than their own ego!!!!

pbatrucker
04-26-2009, 11:50 AM
OK, we've survived the end of the Peterson era!!!! Let's hope the new regime is more interested in football than their own ego!!!!
:11: When CP made draft choices and we,the fans disagreed, we were usually right.
Now that some of us are disagreeing with some of the current choices, let's hope we're wrong this time.
:bananen_smilies046:

Chiefster
04-26-2009, 12:53 PM
:11: When CP made draft choices and we,the fans disagreed, we were usually right.
Now that some of us are disagreeing with some of the current choices, let's hope we're wrong this time.
:bananen_smilies046:

Agreed.

Being a Chiefs fan, in recent years, has been a little like being a coke addict; you have to have it regardless of how much harm you're doing to yourself. Welcome aboard BTW!

AussieChiefsFan
04-27-2009, 12:48 AM
Agreed.

Being a Chiefs fan, in recent years, has been a little like being a coke addict; you have to have it regardless of how much harm you're doing to yourself.Nice quote!:bananen_smilies046:

hermhater
04-27-2009, 02:45 AM
It's part of life.

You are a Chiefs fan and you deal with it.

AussieChiefsFan
04-27-2009, 02:50 AM
:welcome:to the Crowd BTW!:bananen_smilies046:

tornadospotter
04-27-2009, 08:22 AM
:welcome:To the Chiefs Crowd.

Chiefster
04-27-2009, 10:37 PM
It's part of life.

You, sir, are correct!

tornadospotter
04-28-2009, 12:48 AM
It's part of life.

You, sir, are correct!

Now where is the end of the rainbow and my pot of gold HH ?:D

Chiefster
04-28-2009, 03:43 PM

It's fool's gold. :p

sammyboy909
05-01-2009, 08:29 PM
bmonty72, favorite chief: Will Shields. Thats an absolutely fantastic choice my friend. I think a case can be made for Will being the greatest guard ever.

I remember a Monday night game against the Ravens a few years back (maybe 2004 or 2005) where they had Ray Lewis miked up, and being a defensive minded guy myself, I always had a great deal of respect for Ray Lewis's talent, and I watched Will Shields physically manhandle him all night. It was awesome.

chief31
05-02-2009, 02:54 AM
bmonty72, favorite chief: Will Shields. Thats an absolutely fantastic choice my friend. I think a case can be made for Will being the greatest guard ever.

I remember a Monday night game against the Ravens a few years back (maybe 2004 or 2005) where they had Ray Lewis miked up, and being a defensive minded guy myself, I always had a great deal of respect for Ray Lewis's talent, and I watched Will Shields physically manhandle him all night. It was awesome.

There was one great replay in that game, where The Chiefs were on offense at the one, or the two, and Will pulls to the left side, meets Ray face-to-face and just completely buries him in the endzone.

I think Ray was broken after that play, because he just kept saying "There's no way. No way."

Loved it!

chiefsfreak4life
05-03-2009, 01:24 PM

I've heard alot of grumbling about Pioli and Co. since the draft. Many fans don't like our picks, as they weren't "sexy" enough or the popular picks. But they were the players we needed for our system to work. I am going to stand by Pioli and Haley and trust that their plan will take us back to the winning ways and bring respect back to Arrowhead. It is way to early to get all gloom dispare and agony! We all wanted King Carla and the Werm gone, let's celebrate the new regime!!:borg:

bmonty72
05-04-2009, 10:42 AM
My thought s on the new regime....It's about football, the business of football. No more of Vermiel's I'm gonna play my guys even if there are better players on the roster...No more of Herm's "You play to win the game....even if the game left him behind 15 years ago"...IMHO no team has been better about reloading the roster than the PATS...If it means letting go of popular players that are on their way back down..so be it. I think TG has a couple of really good years left in him...but the trade was good for both parties!!! We gave CP 20 years to run his 5 year plan, let's see where Pioli and Haley can take us in 3....:drunkhb:

tornadospotter
05-04-2009, 02:25 PM
I've heard alot of grumbling about Pioli and Co. since the draft. Many fans don't like our picks, as they weren't "sexy" enough or the popular picks. But they were the players we needed for our system to work. I am going to stand by Pioli and Haley and trust that their plan will take us back to the winning ways and bring respect back to Arrowhead. It is way to early to get all gloom dispare and agony! We all wanted King Carla and the Werm gone, let's celebrate the new regime!!:borg:
I am backing Pioli, Haley has not yet proved himself. So I withhold judgment on Haley.

pachiefsfan
05-04-2009, 11:51 PM
Not At All Worried About Pioli, This Is Exactly What Made Ne So Good. The Picks They Made That Left People Scratchin Their Head. In A 3/4 You Need A 5 Technique To Hold The Line So Your Lbs Can Be Free To Roam. All The So Called Draft Experts Were Complaining About His Pass Rush, We Dont Need Him To Have A Huge Pass Rush Just Hold His Ground. I See Alot Of You Are Upset We Didnt Take The Concensus #1 Pick Curry But I Think Its Gonna Work Out.. As Far As What I Am Worried About Its Pendergrast, That Guy Never Was A Good D Coordinator, Arizona Wasnt That Great Last Yr On D..........

Canada
05-05-2009, 10:31 AM
Do You Type Everything With Capitals?? :)

chiefsfreak4life
05-05-2009, 10:39 PM
Not At All Worried About Pioli, This Is Exactly What Made Ne So Good. The Picks They Made That Left People Scratchin Their Head. In A 3/4 You Need A 5 Technique To Hold The Line So Your Lbs Can Be Free To Roam. All The So Called Draft Experts Were Complaining About His Pass Rush, We Dont Need Him To Have A Huge Pass Rush Just Hold His Ground. I See Alot Of You Are Upset We Didnt Take The Concensus #1 Pick Curry But I Think Its Gonna Work Out.. As Far As What I Am Worried About Its Pendergrast, That Guy Never Was A Good D Coordinator, Arizona Wasnt That Great Last Yr On D..........

:sign0153: :sign0094:

Chiefster
05-08-2009, 12:03 PM
Welcome aboard! :)

AussieChiefsFan
05-08-2009, 09:11 PM
It's fool's gold. :p
Like it was here down under in around the 1850's.:bananen_smilies046:

okikcfan
05-09-2009, 12:10 PM
Your pot of gold went to keep GM afloat,lol

oregonchieffan58
05-09-2009, 08:00 PM
Indeed being a Chiefs fan has been tough for the last several years. I have loved the Chiefs for so long, and each year I am excited at the opportunity for them to love me back and get to the super bowl.

Most of my family and friends like different teams and they occassionally complain....all of them have atleast seen their team in the superbowl...I can't even say that....yet. When the Chiefs finally win, I think I will cry like a baby