PDA

View Full Version : Are you ready for some football?

luv
08-05-2007, 08:10 PM
I am! Man, I can't wait. And not just to see who wins and loses. I've learned so much about the game of football this past offseason, and I'm ready to watch it now that I have a better understanding.

I have to put a plug in here. Guys, if you wish your woman understood the game better, then I highly recommend getting them "Get Your Own Damn Beer, I'm Watching The Game" by Holly Robinson Peete. Does an excellent job of explaining rules, positions, offenses, defenses, as well as being filled with factoids. Excellent, excellent book, and it's written from a female's perspective.

I'm not expecting the Chiefs to have the greatest season, but that's not why I'm excited to watch them. I'm anxious to see you will be starting, how the offense/defense will do, and how we develop our young players.

I've heard that Herm will do a good job developing a better team, but that he's not a coach that will take us to the Super Bowl. Why not? What is it about him that reminds everyone of Martyball? Also, seeing as how I wasn't a fan during the Marty era, why is it that he could always get us to the playoffs, but never to a Super Bowl?

FOOTBALL SEASON IS HERE!!!!!!!

Guru
08-05-2007, 08:23 PM
Who the hell watches football around here?

Chiefster
08-05-2007, 10:13 PM
Are you ready for some football?

I loved those lyrics to Monday Night football back in the day.

Coach
08-05-2007, 10:33 PM
I loved those lyrics to Monday Night football back in the day.
I still love it when they play that song. Nothing better. Well except when you throw a ton of cash on it and win.

Chiefster
08-05-2007, 11:14 PM
I still love it when they play that song. Nothing better. Well except when you throw a ton of cash on it and win.

True; I watch my copy of the "94" Chiefs vs Donks game at Mile Stadium, and love the intro.

Canada
08-06-2007, 08:15 AM
I am! Man, I can't wait. And not just to see who wins and loses. I've learned so much about the game of football this past offseason, and I'm ready to watch it now that I have a better understanding.

I have to put a plug in here. Guys, if you wish your woman understood the game better, then I highly recommend getting them "Get Your Own Damn Beer, I'm Watching The Game" by Holly Robinson Peete. Does an excellent job of explaining rules, positions, offenses, defenses, as well as being filled with factoids. Excellent, excellent book, and it's written from a female's perspective.

I'm not expecting the Chiefs to have the greatest season, but that's not why I'm excited to watch them. I'm anxious to see you will be starting, how the offense/defense will do, and how we develop our young players.

I've heard that Herm will do a good job developing a better team, but that he's not a coach that will take us to the Super Bowl. Why not? What is it about him that reminds everyone of Martyball? Also, seeing as how I wasn't a fan during the Marty era, why is it that he could always get us to the playoffs, but never to a Super Bowl?

FOOTBALL SEASON IS HERE!!!!!!!

Rule #1: Plug in a bber fridge beside your chair so that you never miss a swcond of Chiefs football!! :toast2:

sling58
08-06-2007, 08:17 AM
Rule #1: Plug in a bber fridge beside your chair so that you never miss a swcond of Chiefs football!! :toast2:

Or do what I do and have a tv in all the rooms or your house so so matter what you can always see the game.

Guru
08-06-2007, 08:31 AM
Damnit Luv!!! Couldn't ya have named this something else. Everytime I see this thread I get that song stuck in my head for 3 hours.

Chiefster
08-06-2007, 11:24 AM
Damnit Luv!!! Couldn't ya have named this something else. Everytime I see this thread I get that song stuck in my head for 3 hours.

:lol::lol:

I need to go watch the "94" game I was talkin about.

Guru
08-06-2007, 11:24 AM
Just show me Montana to Davis and the look on Elways face. That is enough satisfaction for me.

Chiefster
08-06-2007, 11:26 AM
Or do what I do and have a tv in all the rooms or your house so so matter what you can always see the game.

That's a good idea; I hate it when I miss a big play because one or the other of my kidneys are about to explode. LOL!

sling58
08-06-2007, 12:30 PM
That's a good idea; I hate it when I miss a big play because one or the other of my kidneys are about to explode. LOL!

I have one in there also. It's a small one and don't have cable but there in one in there.

Guru
08-06-2007, 12:56 PM
I have one in there also. It's a small one and don't have cable but there in one in there.

I suppose you take a laptop in there and post too.:D

sling58
08-06-2007, 01:00 PM
I do have wireless internet at the house. I do all my posting at work though. In between training the newbies!

Guru
08-06-2007, 01:03 PM
Nothing like getting paid to surf the internet.

m0ef0e
08-06-2007, 01:27 PM
I'm just posting an answer to the title of the thread:

HELL YES!!! Bring it on! *continues salivating on keyboard in anticipation of Priest's return...*

luv
08-06-2007, 01:57 PM
I do believe you need to watch the vulgarity, Mr Mod. :p

Chiefster
08-06-2007, 02:01 PM
I do believe you need to watch the vulgarity, Mr Mod. :p

Yeah his use of the term "luv" was totally inappropriate.

Chiefster
08-06-2007, 02:02 PM
I do have wireless internet at the house. I do all my posting at work though. In between training the newbies!

Hehe! Same here.

luv
08-06-2007, 02:03 PM
Yeah his use of the term "luv" was totally inappropriate.
Just giving him crap for giving me crap for saying the same "d" word n the shoutbox one night.

sling58
08-06-2007, 02:04 PM
After work though I don't have to much time to post so I have to make up for it during work. But to answer Luv's question, YES I AM READDY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!!!

AkChief49
08-06-2007, 07:41 PM
Just show me Montana to Davis and the look on Elways face. That is enough satisfaction for me.
that was a beautiful game......

Chiefster
08-06-2007, 08:10 PM
Just giving him crap for giving me crap for saying the same "d" word n the shoutbox one night.

...Just giving you the same for the sake of it. :)

Chiefster
08-06-2007, 08:12 PM

That was soooo sweet!

m0ef0e
08-06-2007, 08:59 PM
That season was the first season I watched the Chiefs with interest (I was 15, I had to get the stars out of my eyes from the early 90's...)

I have lived the red and yellow ever since... I haven't seen that game in forever... Would be cool to see a replay.

AkChief49
08-06-2007, 09:04 PM
Are you ready for some football? .."get the pig in the ground, and the beer on ice".........he77 yeah!!!

Chiefster
08-07-2007, 12:37 AM
That season was the first season I watched the Chiefs with interest (I was 15, I had to get the stars out of my eyes from the early 90's...)

I have lived the red and yellow ever since... I haven't seen that game in forever... Would be cool to see a replay.

It is cherished in this household.

Guru
08-07-2007, 12:40 AM

Quit using the C word. :D

Chiefster
08-07-2007, 12:43 AM
Quit using the C word. :D

:lol::lol::lol: