LB Jovan Belcher (Maine)
DT Dion Gales (Troy)
DB Londen Fryar (W. Michigan)
OT Cameron Goldberg (Duke)
DE Bobby Greenwood (Alabama)
LB Bobby Abare (Yale)

tornadospotter
04-27-2009, 12:28 PM
Do you think, that the new management thinks we have a problem? 6 defensive players, 2 offense so far in UDFA'S. So Far.

jmlamerson
04-27-2009, 12:33 PM
Do you think, that the new management thinks we have a problem? 6 defensive players, 2 offense so far in UDFA'S. So Far.

I think Pioli/Haley think that our offense has the talent to be coachable into a good unit. If you look at the exemplary work of Gailey/Thigpen last year, I agree.

I think they see our defense as largely talentless, especially in the front seven. Which is pathetic, given how many high picks we spent on our front seven in the 2000s. But again, I agree.

pbatrucker
04-27-2009, 12:36 PM

No way!!!! Just because we gave up almost 6 yds per rush, could't stop the pass and was at the bottom of the NFL on special teams.. They are not that smart are they.
:D :11:

slc chief
04-27-2009, 06:32 PM
thanks for the post lamerson i was curious ther are alot of players who udfa who became great football players harrison,delhomme,warner to name a few hopefully we can find a diamond in the rough

rodu
04-27-2009, 07:49 PM

lack of talent in the front 7 on defense, and the changing of systems on defense. There will be a large overhaul of players this year and probably next

jap1
04-27-2009, 11:08 PM
lack of talent in the front 7 on defense, and the changing of systems on defense. There will be a large overhaul of players this year and probably next

Lack of talent AND depth. These guys are probably going to give us some depth and be special team guys unless Pioli and Co found some diamond in the rough ... which is unlikely.

AkChief49
04-27-2009, 11:35 PM
Lack of talent AND depth. These guys are probably going to give us some depth and be special team guys unless Pioli and Co found some diamond in the rough ... which is unlikely.
A little pressure and time....is what it takes to turn a lump of coal into a diamond. Maybe one of these guys, maybe two, will shine.:bananen_smilies046:

Lazeye
04-28-2009, 01:21 AM
We have Pioli MAGIC now so I will say he atleast finds one.

honda522
04-28-2009, 09:35 AM
I think its safe to say that if you were on the Chiefs defense last year, your job may be in jeopardy.

DT14PRIEST
04-28-2009, 04:24 PM
Jackie Bates - Hampton (Oregon transfer)

ran a 4.23 40 yard dash time.

edit: but he was a raiders fan growing up

jap1
04-29-2009, 01:45 AM
Jackie Bates - Hampton (Oregon transfer)

ran a 4.23 40 yard dash time.

edit: but he was a raiders fan growing up

Even the worst sins should be forgiven ... I hope. I must admit ... I was a Raiders fan when the Raiders were in LA (they were the home team for me) until they left. I then saw the light and was born again as a Chiefs fan.

Hayvern
04-29-2009, 01:55 AM
Even the worst sins should be forgiven ... I hope. I must admit ... I was a Raiders fan when the Raiders were in LA (they were the home team for me) until they left. I then saw the light and was born again as a Chiefs fan.

LA Raiders fans are the absolute bottom of the barrel scum. I am glad YOU saw the light, but man, I live out here now and these guys are the absolute worse. I take every opportunity to laugh in their faces when I get the chance. I am a pretty big boy, so I do not have too much to fear, especially when you get them one on one. Most of the LA Raiders fans are real tough when in a pack, but you single one out and they are quivering mounds of brainless gelatinous mush!

jap1
04-29-2009, 02:05 AM
LA Raiders fans are the absolute bottom of the barrel scum. I am glad YOU saw the light, but man, I live out here now and these guys are the absolute worse. I take every opportunity to laugh in their faces when I get the chance. I am a pretty big boy, so I do not have too much to fear, especially when you get them one on one. Most of the LA Raiders fans are real tough when in a pack, but you single one out and they are quivering mounds of brainless gelatinous mush!

:bananen_smilies046:

Cheers to a fellow west coast Chiefs fan. I love going to bars in LA with my Chiefs gear on, most Faider lovers get their panties in a bunch. But I dont know who is worse, the criminal raiders fans or the bandwagoning chargers fans who know nothing about their team. At least the faiders are loyal ... stupid, but loyal.