PDA

View Full Version : Levi Jones

Coach
04-28-2009, 10:48 PM
Levi Jones looks to be cut from the Bengals. I say the Chiefs offer a 2010 7th round pick for this guy so that we can get him for sure. I think the Bengals would take about anything.

Levi could play RT for us.

Bengals cut RB Perry, plan to part with Levi Jones - USATODAY.com (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/bengals/2009-04-27-chris-perry-levi-jones_N.htm)

Cincinnati Bengals inform offensive tackle Levi Jones of plans to move him - ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4105213)

theaxeeffect4311
04-28-2009, 10:57 PM
I don't know. He is already 29 years old, coming off another season filled with injuries. I do not see him making much difference compared to Damion McIntosh. But I guess we'll see.

jmlamerson
04-28-2009, 10:59 PM
Levi Jones looks to be cut from the Bengals. I say the Chiefs offer a 2010 7th round pick for this guy so that we can get him for sure. I think the Bengals would take about anything.

Levi could play RT for us.

Bengals cut RB Perry, plan to part with Levi Jones - USATODAY.com (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/bengals/2009-04-27-chris-perry-levi-jones_N.htm)

Cincinnati Bengals inform offensive tackle Levi Jones of plans to move him - ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4105213)

1. We don't have a 2010 7th rounder. We (foolishly) traded it for O'Connell.

2. He'd be good pickup at a cheap price if we can get him as a FA, but my memory is that he has a pretty steep salary if we trade for him.

chief31
04-28-2009, 11:04 PM
1. We don't have a 2010 7th rounder. We (foolishly) traded it for O'Connell.

2. He'd be good pickup at a cheap price if we can get him as a FA, but my memory is that he has a pretty steep salary if we trade for him.

Agreed. He is (or at least was) a great talent. If his injury issues are behind him, then I would be very pleased to see him in a Chiefs uniform in '09. But not at trade price.

yashi
04-29-2009, 07:19 AM
I want Levi at RT. One of the best OTs in the game when healthy.

hometeam
04-29-2009, 10:44 AM
I would take him. We have wasted too much time and money on Dmac as it is~

pbatrucker
04-29-2009, 10:58 AM
If he could stay healthy, he would be an awesome pick up.
:11:

jmlamerson
04-29-2009, 11:00 AM
I don't think we will get him. Buffalo has to be offering a lot more money than us after the Peters trade.

yashi
04-29-2009, 11:18 AM
I don't think we will get him. Buffalo has to be offering a lot more money than us after the Peters trade.

And after they were dumb enough to draft a DE who won't be able to contribute immediately (at least not before that entire staff is fired) over Michael Oher.

AkChief49
04-29-2009, 11:19 AM
what's all this I'm hearing about Levi jeans? I like wranglers myself. Jones? Never mind!:D

sammyboy909
04-29-2009, 03:54 PM
I don't see us making a move for him since he can probably still command left tackle money and all we would do is move him over to the right. Dmac is servicable enough, and only a couple years older.

Bike
04-29-2009, 04:02 PM
I don't see us making a move for him since he can probably still command left tackle money and all we would do is move him over to the right. Dmac is servicable enough, and only a couple years older.
Sackintosh and Taylor are backups on any other nfl team.
And they should be here too.

yashi
04-29-2009, 04:04 PM
Sackintosh and Taylor are backups on any other nfl team.
And they should be here too.

D-Sack and Herb Failer need to go. I really don't even want the possibility of either one starting a game next season.

pbatrucker
04-29-2009, 05:55 PM
D-Sack and Herb Failer need to go. I really don't even want the possibility of either one starting a game next season.
Other than Jones I don't see anyone better than those guys!!

Chiefster
04-29-2009, 06:20 PM
I'm open to anything that would improve our "O" line.

DT14PRIEST
04-29-2009, 09:12 PM
im waiting for barry richardson to come out of the woodwork

lets go barry

Coach
04-29-2009, 10:49 PM
im waiting for barry richardson to come out of the woodwork

lets go barry

I agree, this guy needs to step up this year or he will be flipping burgers somewhere next year.

Chiefster
04-30-2009, 12:29 AM
I agree, this guy needs to step up this year or he will be flipping burgers somewhere next year.

Might do him some good. Kurt Warner was sacking groceries before going on to be SB MVP.

jap1
04-30-2009, 01:26 AM
I have a feeling we are building our OL with run blocking as the priority. Goff is a beast of a run blocker. McIntosh is good at run blocking, horrible with pass blocking because his footwork is too slow to go against speed rushers. We didnt go after anyone known for their pass blocking abilities. I read the guy we drafted is supposedly very strong with questionable footwork (reads as good at run blocking, not good against speed rushers).

Although I think this strategy is risky ... especially with a young, new, expensive QB. But with LJ and JC at RB, maybe we will be able to run the ball better this year.

rbedgood
04-30-2009, 01:40 AM
I have a feeling we are building our OL with run blocking as the priority. Goff is a beast of a run blocker. McIntosh is good at run blocking, horrible with pass blocking because his footwork is too slow to go against speed rushers. We didnt go after anyone known for their pass blocking abilities. I read the guy we drafted is supposedly very strong with questionable footwork (reads as good at run blocking, not good against speed rushers).

Although I think this strategy is risky ... especially with a young, new, expensive QB. But with LJ and JC at RB, maybe we will be able to run the ball better this year.

Don't forget that Cassel is mobile. He's not a Michael Vick but you can put him in motion and he'll be effective. So combined with a good running game, a passing game predicated on play action, bootlegs, etc. would be pretty effective and would actually help a subpar receiving corps (with Tony gone) become more viable.

Sn@keIze
05-06-2009, 02:33 PM
Jump on it Pioli!

Bengals cut Levi Jones (http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/bengals-cut-levi-jones/1f96408c-f467-4926-a96d-010172613abc)

yashi
05-06-2009, 02:41 PM
Jump on it Pioli!

Bengals cut Levi Jones (http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/bengals-cut-levi-jones/1f96408c-f467-4926-a96d-010172613abc)

amen to that, let's have 2 solid tackles going into next season!

LT - Branden Albert
LG - Brian Waters
C - Rudy Niswanger/Eric Ghiuciuc
RG - Mike Goff
RT - Levi Jones

not too shabby.. definitely a whole lot better than last year.

pbatrucker
05-06-2009, 03:02 PM

LT - Branden Albert
LG - Brian Waters
RG - Mike Goff
RT - Levi Jones

You are absolutly correct.

AkChief49
05-06-2009, 05:17 PM
please,please,please...would love to see this(Levi) happen

yashi
05-06-2009, 06:37 PM
well this kind of blows. The Broncos are reportedly showing interest in Jones. As if their o-line isn't good enough already.

Broncos may pursue Levi Jones - NFL Nation - ESPN (http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nflnation/0-7-726/Broncos-may-pursue-Levi-Jones.html)

chief31
05-06-2009, 10:35 PM

LT - Branden Albert
LG - Brian Waters
RG - Mike Goff
RT - Levi Jones

That definitely looks good on paper. (Or a computer screen.)

I know that I would be pleased if we did sign him.

Seek
05-07-2009, 01:08 PM
This would make me feel a whole lot better about this team. Pick him up... Please...