PDA

View Full Version : Sign Travis LaBoy

DT14PRIEST
04-29-2009, 06:05 AM
Cards release James, also cut Hood, LaBoy -- baltimoresun.com (http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/bal-sp.digest290apr29,0,167879.column)

although he is a bit injury prone if he can stay healthy and negotiate for a reasonable contract he's a beast and one not to be overlooked.

i say sign him. seems the most likely out of the recent trend of released vets (or to be released vets)

comments?

edit: and it fits with the 'familiarity' philosophy that Haley/Pioli like in FAs

dbolan
04-29-2009, 08:49 AM
Not bad but how many part timers do we need?

brish
04-29-2009, 09:38 AM
His stats aren't that impressive tbh.. And he has hardly started all games in a season yet. We need a pass rushing linebacker and a new center more.. :)

pbatrucker
04-29-2009, 09:43 AM
His stats aren't that impressive tbh.. And he has hardly started all games in a season yet. We need a pass rushing linebacker and a new center more.. :)
agreed
:11:

DT14PRIEST
04-29-2009, 05:08 PM
We need a pass rushing linebacker and a new center more.. :)

He is exactly that; a prototypical 4-3 end/3-4 olb. Had 4 sacks in 4 games before injuries hampered his season.

If he can continue that production you're looking at a double digit sack total (10+) and a player that knows the defensive system we're switching to which means less down time and more production.

I think he's worth it.

wichitaj
04-29-2009, 05:25 PM
he have enough bad players, we don't need guys that bad defenses don't even want.

brish
04-29-2009, 05:42 PM
He is exactly that; a prototypical 4-3 end/3-4 olb. Had 4 sacks in 4 games before injuries hampered his season.

If he can continue that production you're looking at a double digit sack total (10+) and a player that knows the defensive system we're switching to which means less down time and more production.

I think he's worth it.

Ok i'll bite. :)

He has never started all 16 games in a season during his 5 year career, he has never even played 16 games in a season..!
This is my biggest concern with him, he doesn't seem to be able to stay healthy..

Furthermore he has never had 10+ sacks a year, most was in 2005 with 6.5, on average he has 4.7 which isn't horrible, but its still no way near 10+ a year.

Hali averages 6.1 over 3 years, almost 8 his first 2 years. (Last year was really ****ty!)

Jason Taylor on the other hand averages 10 sacks per during his 12 year career, however he is getting old. So he might not be the answer either. I thought he was a couple of years younger tbh.. :confused:

I don't want anymore too old LB's though, but i guess the free agent market is getting rather slim for good pass rushers huh?

DT14PRIEST
04-29-2009, 06:08 PM
Ok i'll bite. :)

He has never started all 16 games in a season during his 5 year career, he has never even played 16 games in a season..!

This is my biggest concern with him, he doesn't seem to be able to stay healthy..

Furthermore he has never had 10+ sacks a year, most was in 2005 with 6.5, on average he has 4.7 which isn't horrible, but its still no way near 10+ a year.

Hali averages 6.1 over 3 years, almost 8 his first 2 years. (Last year was really ****ty!)

sign him to a two year/whatever$$ deal and feel it out. I'm not trying to hide the fact that he's injury prone but you grab him and you have Hali in the wings thats a double headed threat I wouldn't mind having. Then if Hali pans out you dont renew his [LaBoy] contract and let him go.

Hali is best when he doesn't have to be 'the guy'. one year where he has to be 'the guy' he gets 3 sacks. I think with him and LaBoy in this new preadator role we will see it pay some dividends.

brish
04-30-2009, 02:18 AM
Whatever makes the other QB lie flat on his back..! :)

pbatrucker
04-30-2009, 05:07 AM
Whatever makes the other QB lie flat on his back..! :)
:yahoo: RIGHT ON!!!!!!:yahoo:
DEFENSE, DEFENSE
:yahoo: :yahoo:

AussieChiefsFan
04-30-2009, 05:11 AM
:yahoo: RIGHT ON!!!!!!:yahoo:
DEFENSE, DEFENSE
:yahoo: :yahoo:
D-FENSE!!!!!!

SDChief09
05-01-2009, 02:03 AM
definitely sign him, please sign him. He doesnt need to be full time, but its insurance if Hali completely Bombs with his flat feet....I hope he fits, but a 2 year deal would work out, if people see the bargains we're getting on vets, and the roster that is actually decent, one may think this is a potential 8-8 division winner...based on Al Davis/Norv Turner/Kyle Orton