PDA

View Full Version : Rumor central....

wichitaj
05-01-2009, 12:53 PM
KC's first and one of our seconds next year for A. Boldin.

you heard it here first. keep in the mind that first could be a top 3. owwwww scary.

marloweopatchiefs
05-01-2009, 01:07 PM
do you have a link as proof? cause that is big news

jmlamerson
05-01-2009, 01:11 PM
That trade isn't happening.

yashi
05-01-2009, 01:17 PM
Kansas City should pursue Boldin - AFC West - ESPN (http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcwest/0-3-2116/Kansas-City-should-pursue-Boldin.html)

I'd love to get Boldin for a 2nd rounder.

Note Boldin reported to the Cardinals training facility for a physical, and possibly minicamp though.

pbatrucker
05-01-2009, 01:17 PM
That would be giving up way too much!!
:11:

twhite85
05-01-2009, 01:38 PM
Boldin for a second-rounder? That'd be nice. Boldin for ATLANTA'S second rounder (who I expect will have a slightly better season than us)... Even better.

pbatrucker
05-01-2009, 01:44 PM
Boldin for a second-rounder? That'd be nice. Boldin for ATLANTA'S second rounder (who I expect will have a slightly better season than us)... Even better.
A second rounder would be great, no way on a first and and a second!!!!

yashi
05-01-2009, 01:48 PM
Boldin and Bowe? Almost as good as Boldin and Fitz.

Fitzgerald's first two seasons:
161 catches, 2189 yards, 18 TDs

Bowe's first two seasons:
156 catches, 2017 yards, 12 TDs

Make it happen Pioli!

dbolan
05-01-2009, 02:07 PM
do you have a link as proof? cause that is big news

This is a "rumor" thread.

By the way...Barry Sanders is coming out of retirement and he wants to play for the Chiefs. lmao

yashi
05-01-2009, 02:21 PM

By the way...Barry Sanders is coming out of retirement and he wants to play for the Chiefs. lmao

:wheelchair: <--- Go Barry!

Vanilla Garilla
05-01-2009, 03:05 PM
I wouldn't mind the Chiefs trading both of next years 2nd rounders for Boldin, but definitely not the first.

twhite85
05-01-2009, 03:41 PM
A second rounder would be great, no way on a first and and a second!!!!

Well according to the article on ESPN, he might be available for a second rounder only. There's a slim to none possibility of this actually working out, but I can dream, damn it!!

northwest
05-01-2009, 04:10 PM
i can actually see pioli pulling the trigger on this one.

pbatrucker
05-01-2009, 04:19 PM
I can hear Haley now! Scott can we get Bouldin, can we get him, can we get him please!!!!

DT14PRIEST
05-01-2009, 05:29 PM
you know when they said vet. addition soon i bet you its going to be marty booker

wichitaj
05-01-2009, 06:01 PM

hell ya he is, and so is Jim Brown. OJ might even get out of jail early and be ready for mini-camp.

wichitaj
05-01-2009, 06:04 PM
I can hear Haley now! Scott can we get Bouldin, can we get him, can we get him please!!!!

add it up, we all that money under the cap still and boldin wants a long term deal. its going to happen, the days of Carl Peterson are over, Pioli can get things done.

and for all you unwilling to give up a first, what's the point, first rounders normally suck, why take the risk, give that money to a proven player. bolding is better than any first rounder we could pick, why roll the dice when we could have a quaranteed stud player. Pioli hired this coach to be an offensive beast, and now things are going to happen. you don't bring a offensive "mad scientist" and give he crap players to play with.

then again what the hell do i know, i've been drinking since noon. LMFAO...:toast2:

DrunkHillbilly
05-01-2009, 06:48 PM
Boldin and Bowe? Almost as good as Boldin and Fitz.

Fitzgerald's first two seasons:
161 catches, 2189 yards, 18 TDs

Bowe's first two seasons:
156 catches, 2017 yards, 12 TDs

Make it happen Pioli!
:sign0153: :sign0153: Bowe is not even close to as good as Fitz!!!!! Don't care what the numbers say!:yahoo:

Canada
05-01-2009, 06:57 PM
:sign0153: :sign0153: Bowe is not even close to as good as Fitz!!!!! Don't care what the numbers say!:yahoo:

He did say almost and Fitz has not always been this good. He started out kinda like Bowe. Dbo has the potential to be as good as fitz if not better.

DrunkHillbilly
05-01-2009, 07:14 PM
He did say almost and Fitz has not always been this good. He started out kinda like Bowe. Dbo has the potential to be as good as fitz if not better.
Fitz's last two years have been phenominal!!! I'm ok with DBowe being our guy for now but he has miles to go before he is even in the ball park with Fitz. Put it this way, if Boldin were to be traded here, Bowe would instantly become the #2 receiver. If we have any semblance of a running game this year, coupled with the fact that we brought in Ingram, I forsee Bowes # of catches going down which could actually be a good thing because it would mean we are more balanced.

Vanilla Garilla
05-01-2009, 07:31 PM

DBowe has the size, and jumping ability to be a Randy Moss caliber receiver. He just needs to work on his routes, and his dropped passes. People that do not put him in the top 10 receivers list are sorely mistaken, as this man is a beast, and will get better.

sammyboy909
05-01-2009, 07:44 PM
Boldin is a perfect fit without a doubt. He creates so many mismatches for defenses its crazy, and you know Haley is well aware of it. He can pick up the slack left by the departure of dear Tony G and make those tough catches underneath. He is a physical specimen that can use his size and strength to get position on corners and safeties but no linebacker in the game can run with him.

We have the money. I think it would be an awesome move if we gave up both next years second rounders to get him. If it absolutely comes down to a first and second round pick, I say its still a good deal and Pioli pulls the trigger.

SDChief09
05-01-2009, 11:14 PM
no way will he part with 2 2nd's, the pats value 2nd almost more than their 1sts....they think they can get a starter at 1/10 the price, and with their scouting, its probably true(not the best 2nd round rate for the Pats since 2000 but oh well)

Boldin at 28 is not worth 2 top 60 players in next years draft....not in my opinion of what Pioli terms as value.

jmlamerson
05-01-2009, 11:44 PM
What about Waters and our 2nd for Boldin?

pbatrucker
05-02-2009, 04:06 AM
What about Waters and our 2nd for Boldin?
We've only got three decent OL now, and you won't to get rid of one of them?
:funnypost: :sign0153:

Canada
05-02-2009, 07:59 AM
Fitz's last two years have been phenominal!!! I'm ok with DBowe being our guy for now but he has miles to go before he is even in the ball park with Fitz. Put it this way, if Boldin were to be traded here, Bowe would instantly become the #2 receiver. If we have any semblance of a running game this year, coupled with the fact that we brought in Ingram, I forsee Bowes # of catches going down which could actually be a good thing because it would mean we are more balanced.

I am not saying that, I am saying that I think it is fair to compare their first two years. I also think that it is fair to say that Bowe has the potential to be as good or better. Not saying he will, but could be. :bananen_smilies046:

Seek
05-02-2009, 09:26 AM
I am not saying that, I am saying that I think it is fair to compare their first two years. I also think that it is fair to say that Bowe has the potential to be as good or better. Not saying he will, but could be. :bananen_smilies046:
It is not fair. Fitz does not drop balls. He has some of the best hands in the NFL and has been since he was drafted.

Bowe is good for one drop a game, specially in clutch situations.

Fitz plain out makes plays. Bowe kills drives.

DrunkHillbilly
05-02-2009, 10:47 AM
I hope he gets to that level. Like seek says, his drops have killed drives on man occassions. If you guys were able to see Fitz play on a weekly basis, we wouldn't be talking about this. Its really so far away from reality it is crazy!!!! Fitz just plain gets it done!!!! He would out jump Bowe 9 out of 10 times and that other time he would just take the ball from Bowe! If Bowe can become half the receiver that Fitz is, we will have an absolute stud on our team.. I think he definetely needs to work on his hands though. Just my opinion.

slc chief
05-02-2009, 12:18 PM
There is no doubt that Bowes achillies heel is his dropped balls. Alot of it could be himself or the reality of it could be the QB inability to put the ball where he can grab it. Fitz has Kurt Warner throwing him the ball, Kurt understands that if the ball can't be put where he can catch it, not to throw it to him. Thiggy prolly knows this but in the heat of the game breaks down and doesn't always do it which leaves Bowe grabbing and reaching for the ball which result in drops. It's not always the recievers fault in those situations ;)
i do not find that to be that true. i can not count how many times warner threw the ball in the visinity of fitz and fitz made a juggernaut catch that is fitzgeralds deal throw it near him and he will go get it. i think it is fair to compare fitzgerald and bowe as far as their first few years hopefully bowe can be just as good as fitzgerald starting this year

jmlamerson
05-02-2009, 12:28 PM
It is not fair. Fitz does not drop balls. He has some of the best hands in the NFL and has been since he was drafted.

Bowe is good for one drop a game, specially in clutch situations.

Fitz plain out makes plays. Bowe kills drives.

Bowe's dropped 13 balls over the past two years. That isn't great, but it isn't as bad as people are implying.

Fitzgerald had a HOF QB throwing him the ball the past two seasons. Bowe had a journeyman, a has-been, and a never-was.

Fitzgerald had a real HC and WR coach. Bowe didn't.

Nevertheless, the production of the two in their first two years is nearly identical. Bowe had more drops, certainly. But he didn't have Fitz's advantages either.

Bowe was one of our very few bright spots in 2007 and 2008. There are 20 other starters to blame before we start blaming Bowe for our 6-26 record.

KottkeKU
05-02-2009, 01:29 PM
Fitz is the best receiver in the NFL right now...

give Bowe a chance....he has dropped a few balls, sure. but hes not butterfingers....hes coming into his third season now, so he will get better...he better now that Tony G is gone...

And no way are we getting Boldin...i dont really think him and Haley's relationship is all gumdrops and unicorns either like everyone seems to think...plus we would never give up more than a 2nd rounder for something we dont even need...

ANOTHER RECEIVER???

jmlamerson
05-02-2009, 01:55 PM
Fitz is the best receiver in the NFL right now...

give Bowe a chance....he has dropped a few balls, sure. but hes not butterfingers....hes coming into his third season now, so he will get better...he better now that Tony G is gone...

And no way are we getting Boldin...i dont really think him and Haley's relationship is all gumdrops and unicorns either like everyone seems to think...plus we would never give up more than a 2nd rounder for something we dont even need...

ANOTHER RECEIVER???

There is a difference between the Webbs and the Boldins of the world. Pioli put together a world class WR corps in NE by trading for guys like Welker and Moss instead of sticking with the Rache Caldwells and the Jabar Gaffneys of the world. It isn't out of the realm to expect him to trade for a world class WR if the price is right.

If Pioli would give up a 2nd and 7th for Welker, he'd do the same for Boldin.

As much as I like Bradley and Engram, they aren't even close to Boldin's level.

PawnshopMarimba
05-02-2009, 02:15 PM
I'd like to see it happen. The money's there, and Bowe, Boldin, Bradley, and Engram would be probably the best receiving corps we've ever seen the likes of here in KC.

I'm not gonna hold my breath on this trade though...

SDChief09
05-02-2009, 03:09 PM
If you take a step back, see that the line is done for this year, one more LB will be added, secondary is done, QB's are done, Hb's will be quite the competition, FB we hope to have figured out, OL is stacked with depth and guys we need to find out if they can start or not. We even have competition at Kicker, and rumors of a punter even took place despite having Colquitt. People overlook our new kicker was hurt last year, had to change his approach.

But the point is, there is a huge hole at wideout, where with a heavy 3 wideout system, you expect 3 guys that can start, right now we have...1, maybe 2.

DrunkHillbilly
05-02-2009, 07:13 PM
There is no doubt that Bowes achillies heel is his dropped balls. Alot of it could be himself or the reality of it could be the QB inability to put the ball where he can grab it. Fitz has Kurt Warner throwing him the ball, Kurt understands that if the ball can't be put where he can catch it, not to throw it to him. Thiggy prolly knows this but in the heat of the game breaks down and doesn't always do it which leaves Bowe grabbing and reaching for the ball which result in drops. It's not always the recievers fault in those situations ;)
Could not disagree more!!!! Warner does not throw perfect ball every time but Fits seems to come up with AMAZING catches week in and week out! Go back and watch the 08 playoffs. The Carolina game he made a catch that was unreal. He is head and shoulders better than Bowe!!

Bike
05-02-2009, 09:11 PM
Cassel needs a target that can run routes. Get Boldin if possible but not for a 1st round pick.

Pro_Angler
05-03-2009, 12:43 PM
Cassel needs a target that can run routes. Get Boldin if possible but not for a 1st round pick.

tell me a reciever even drafted #1 that is beter then Boldin?/ and you'd still pay him the same money even though he'd be an un proven rookie. I say Bolding is "worth" a #1 pick. shuld we do it?? NO. Should we do a #2 pick and maybe a 6 or 7??/ YES!!!

Bike
05-03-2009, 12:50 PM
tell me a reciever even drafted #1 that is beter then Boldin?/ and you'd still pay him the same money even though he'd be an un proven rookie. I say Bolding is "worth" a #1 pick. shuld we do it?? NO. Should we do a #2 pick and maybe a 6 or 7??/ YES!!!
I really don't think ANY reciever is worth a #1 pick. JMHO.

jmlamerson
05-03-2009, 01:14 PM
I really don't think ANY reciever is worth a #1 pick. JMHO.

Very, very few teams that draft WRs high look smart for doing it in the long run. The Cards (Fitz) do. The Rams (Holt) do. But most (Bengals, Browns, Steelers, Texans, Lions, Redskins, Bears) don't in the long run. As great as Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, Plaxico Burress, or Braylon Edwards might be, they didn't help the team that drafted them win anything.

Almost every successful team has (1) a good/great OL, (2) a good/great DL, (3) a good/great QB, and (4) a good/great HC/GM. Until you've built the first three, it's usually a losing formula to build the other positions in the first round.

bigpoppachief
05-03-2009, 06:19 PM
:wheelchair: <--- Go Barry!

LOL That is classic !!

DrunkHillbilly
05-04-2009, 05:06 PM
Very, very few teams that draft WRs high look smart for doing it in the long run. The Cards (Fitz) do. The Rams (Holt) do. But most (Bengals, Browns, Steelers, Texans, Lions, Redskins, Bears) don't in the long run. As great as Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, Plaxico Burress, or Braylon Edwards might be, they didn't help the team that drafted them win anything.

Almost every successful team has (1) a good/great OL, (2) a good/great DL, (3) a good/great QB, and (4) a good/great HC/GM. Until you've built the first three, it's usually a losing formula to build the other positions in the first round.
IMO, the Az Cardinals have neither of your 1st 2 qualifications. They went to the Superbowl.

jmlamerson
05-04-2009, 05:56 PM
IMO, the Az Cardinals have neither of your 1st 2 qualifications. They went to the Superbowl.

Yeah, the 2008 Cards, like the 2006 Colts, were pretty aberrant. I would state that because they don't have the great lines, that the Cards are probably flash-in-the-pan. They aren't going to be annual contenders like the Steelers, Pats, Chargers, Eagles, Giants, or Colts.

Also, the Cards got very lucky in the postseason, in that they never faced an overwhelming opponent. The Cards played a team with rookie QB (Atlanta), the decimated Panthers, and the 6-seed Eagles. Not exactly a murderer's row.

By the way, I'd give a lot to know how the Colts stay contenders. They seem to draft like the Lions or Raiders every single year, with emphasis on skill players and not enough on their lines. They don't use FA. The only explanation I can think of is that Bill Polian is a genius, and he can find massive value in the later rounds for his OL and DL. Also that Peyton Manning is maybe the best QB alive today.

DT14PRIEST
05-04-2009, 11:07 PM
By the way, I'd give a lot to know how the Colts stay contenders. They seem to draft like the Lions or Raiders every single year, with emphasis on skill players and not enough on their lines. They don't use FA. The only explanation I can think of is that Bill Polian is a genius, and he can find massive value in the later rounds for his OL and DL. Also that Peyton Manning is maybe the best QB alive today.

Colts are the prime example of a polar opposite to the Ravens. A team with an excellent leader (Manning) good to very good complimentary players (Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clark, Anthony Gonzalez, Addai etc...) and a good OL to produce results while having a couple of good players on the Defensive side of the ball (Bob Sanders/Dwight Freeney) to make them average.

They're basically a more polished version of what the Cardinals are aspiring to be; not necessarily balanced in all facets of the game but completely dominant on one side of the ball without totally neglecting the other two phases of the game.

I doubt Arizona will ever be as good as the Colts at that gameplan (Peyton Mannings are a rare commodity especially in today's college football game) but if they can find a solid replacement for Warner [or if Leinart ever develops into a legit QB] I can see the Cards being a perennial contender in the NFC West for a while.

But as it looks now the Cards will be only as hot as Warner is.

Edit: I digress, the same applies to the Colts. Peyton makes that team what it is.

Edit 2: The Chiefs were almost like that (Colts/Cards) save for the fact that we were excellent in two phases of the game (Offense and Special Teams) but horrendous on the defensive front hence the lack of post season success.

pachiefsfan
05-04-2009, 11:37 PM
never gonna happen. thats way to exspensive, plus remember when he was screamin at haley on yhe sideline?? dont think thats the type of player they want to deal with

jason1981
05-05-2009, 02:45 PM
i think this forum got way off topic. wheres the rumors at?

josh1971
05-05-2009, 03:09 PM
i think this forum got way off topic. wheres the rumors at?

I heard we were talking to some guy named Fran Tarkington.

KristofLaw
05-05-2009, 05:47 PM
Any rumors or info on where-abouts Larry Foote wants to wind-up now that the Steelers have released him? Also what type of deal he's looking for would be good?

yashi
05-05-2009, 06:15 PM
Any rumors or info on where-abouts Larry Foote wants to wind-up now that the Steelers have released him? Also what type of deal he's looking for would be good?

He met with the Lions today, and it'd still be a surprise if they don't sign him. I read he wants to play close to home, which happens to be Detroit.

DT14PRIEST
05-05-2009, 06:15 PM

He is saying he wants to play for Detroit (its his hometown). No idea on the deal parameters.

jmlamerson
05-05-2009, 06:49 PM
He met with the Lions today, and it'd still be a surprise if they don't sign him. I read he wants to play close to home, which happens to be Detroit.

Why would anyone want to play in Detroit? Hell, why does anyone live in Detroit?

Come on Larry, come to KC!

yashi
05-05-2009, 10:02 PM
Why would anyone want to play in Detroit? Hell, why does anyone live in Detroit?

No idea... but they extended him a contract offer. There's a good chance he's a Lion tomorrow.

stricken721
05-05-2009, 11:24 PM
Larry Foote also said the Chiefs have shown interest in him.

Link to source: Linebacker Larry Foote says he is close to one-year contract with Detroit Lions - ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4143593)

Sn@keIze
05-05-2009, 11:41 PM

I hope hes a lyin about wanting to become a lion.:D

AkChief49
05-06-2009, 01:35 AM
I hope hes a lyin about wanting to become a lion.:D

He's a lion. I do not have a link(have not figured it out how to do it yet on this little contraption-iPod)but pro football.com reported it. A one year deal

AussieChiefsFan
05-06-2009, 01:40 AM
He's a lion. I do not have a link(have not figured it out how to do it yet on this little contraption-iPod)but pro football.com reported it. A one year deal
:rolleyes:

DT14PRIEST
05-06-2009, 02:54 AM

ProFootballTalk.com - Foote, Lions Work Out A One-Year Deal (http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/05/05/foote-lions-work-out-a-one-year-deal/)

and 2

Linebacker Larry Foote says he is close to one-year contract with Detroit Lions - ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4143593)

so game over Larry Foote to KC rumors.

Xploder
05-06-2009, 02:48 PM
Did you guys see Eric Hicks is now a Lion also

pbatrucker
05-06-2009, 03:22 PM
:11: According to SI LB Foote signed with the Lions. It also said Kc was one of the teams interested in him.

yashi
05-06-2009, 03:41 PM
Did you guys see Eric Hicks is now a Lion also

that's a name I haven't heard in a while, didn't even know he was still in the league. Good ol' Hicky was the big man on campus before Allen came along.

honda522
05-07-2009, 12:33 AM
And this is where Coach steps in and publishes my pre-draft paper on the front page :lol:

KristofLaw
05-09-2009, 02:16 PM
St. Louis Rams release linebacker Pisa Tinoisamoa

05/09/2009 - St. Louis Rams release linebacker Pisa Tinoisamoa - STLtoday.com (http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/stories.nsf/rams/story/C2DDDF592AA77CAB862575B10003B999?OpenDocument)

... some numbers

Pisa Tinoisamoa - St. Louis Rams - NFL - Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6379)

Do we have a chance on this guy and would he fit in your opinion. I like him, he does well with the Chiefs when I trade for him on Madden. :D

okikcfan
05-09-2009, 07:09 PM
IMO he won't be let go for any less than a second pick. Now the Rams have released veteran linebacker Pisa Tinoisamoa and I know we have plenty of LB's but Tinoisamoa is only 27 and would have a big impack right from the get go if we could get him at a fair price.

Coach
05-10-2009, 12:37 AM
I'd be OK for trading Boldin for a 2nd round pick and a later round pick at the most. No way for a 1st round pick though.

It will create hell when we want to resign Bowe next year though. We'll be in the same situation as Arizona is this year.

pbatrucker
05-12-2009, 09:58 AM
CBS sportsline, their power rankings have us 29th. Ahead of the browns, rams and lions.

Also scouts.com list of available free agents. there are still some help for us available.

DT14PRIEST
05-13-2009, 12:32 AM
CBS sportsline, their power rankings have us 29th. Ahead of the browns, rams and lions.

Also scouts.com list of available free agents. there are still some help for us available.

- Cards seem a bit high at 4

- I still think we're better then Oakland so we should at 'least' be 28th in PR.

- Some other positions I could disagree with but it is, once again, WAY too early for this.

Sn@keIze
05-13-2009, 03:21 AM

Its just like any other sports mag or writers. They are going to go off the previous year.

CBS sportsline is pretty much going to have the same playoff teams from last year go to the playoffs this year in their season opening mags and articles. And their SB verdict will be the Steelers over the Giants or something like that.

I guarantee that CBS sportsline didnt have the Dolphins or Falcons ranked as such this time last year.

Coach
05-13-2009, 08:03 PM
I moved all of the Kurt Warner discussion to a new thread so that we could get back on topic; Rumor Central.

If you would like to continue the Kurt Warner debate, visit the thread below:
Does Kurt Warner belong in the HOF? - Kansas City Chiefs Forums (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8398)